GLOBAL ROBOTIC OBSERVATION SYSTEM
The Aerosonde is an excellent surveillance and monitoring tool. The stealthy aircraft is difficult to observe at short range, able to monitor areas with minimal disturbance to wildlife, and equipped to conduct clandestine operations, monitoring for illegal activities. Routine crop and agricultural surveying is enabled by the Aerosonde's capacity for accurate tracking and detailed mapping of large ranges.
Aerosondes are currently conducting surveillance using on board video and still cameras. Data has been gathered over a range of requirements, including:
- 2000-2001: USA National Science Foundation and University of Colorado, ice and land usage monitoring in the Arctic,
- 2001: Surveys of Blue Gum plantations in Australia for Timbercorp,
- 2000-2001: Surveillance exercises for the Australian Defence Science and Technology Organisation.
Future Aerosonde surveillance instrumentation will include:
- Multispectral Infrared observations,
- Range finding with Laser or Ultrawide Band Radar,
- Remote sensing of surface wave and wind conditions using GPS reflectance,
- Electromagnetic surveillance and jamming capacity.
Related ArticlesOur Vision
The Global Provision of Robotic Aircraft Services
Aerosonde Robotic Aircraft provides a full service for the operation of Aerosonde-class robotic aircraft ...moreEcological/Biological
The Aerosonde provides affordable aerial surveys of bays and estuaries with photos from low altitudes providing detail not available from satellite or high altitude broad area surveys. We have been testing this capacity by taking low-level aerial photos from both the Aerosonde and a light aircraft. ...moreMilitary
The Aerosonde UAV has a large number of military applications, both actual and potential. The usefulness of UAVs has long been recognised because they can perform dangerous missions without risking any lives, and often at low cost. ...moreMeteorological
The Aerosonde has been developed with strong user input, initially focused on meteorological operations. As a result, the Aerosonde has flown a wide range of meteorological missions around the world. ...more