LangTech 2002 is the international forum for people and organisations
involved in the development, deployment and exploitation of spoken
and written language technologies in real world applications.
It will feature keynote talks from leading players, presentations
from a wide range of developers and solution providers,
panel discussions of key issues affecting the market in Europe
and beyond, and an exhibition of applications,
products, services and research prototypes. Special sessions will
enable start-up companies to promote and pitch their products
and services and explore funding possibilities.
LangTech 2002 will feature
relevant developments in many aspects of speech and language technology:
- TECHNOLOGIES: existing language technologies that are ready
- SOLUTIONS: new market ready or close to market solutions.
- TRANSFER: case studies of successful language technology
- EXPLOITATION: best-practice reports on exploitation.
- MARKETING: success stories on the marketing of language
- FINANCING: venture capital for language technology companies.
- TRENDS: new trends in research and future market
LangTech 2002 will cover
a wide range of language technologies with three focus
- VOICE SOLUTIONS: for the control of software and machinery,
customer relationship management, systems for the handicapped and
multimodal communication in an ambient intelligence setting.
- KNOWLEDGE SOLUTIONS: for information and knowledge management,
content management, e-learning, document authoring and management.
- MULTILINGUAL SOLUTIONS: for software localisation, automatic
text translation, translation memories, interactive speech translation
and crosslingual information retrieval.
LangTech 2002 will specifically
address the following people and organisations involved in the development,
deployment and exploitation of speech and language technologies:
- DEVELOPERS: industrial developers from SMEs and large
- INTEGRATORS: service providers and integrators of language
- ENTREPRENEURS: founders and managers of language technology
- RESEARCHERS: scientists/technologists from academia, research
centres and industry.
- FACILITATORS: decision-makers, analysts, technology transfer
- INVESTORS: venture capital providers and investment banks.
- MEDIA: media representatives and technology information
Demonstrations of applications, products, services
and research prototypes will be featured in the exhibition,
and the forum will provide ample opportunities for face-to-face
meetings with potential users, providers, partners and investors.
LangTech 2002 will also offer pre-conference tutorials on
new methods and hot technology developments.
LangTech 2002 is organised by EUROMAP Language Technologies,
assisted by the German National Competence Center for Language
Technology funded by the German Ministry for Education and Research,
the Investmentbank Berlin, the European Language and Speech Network
(ELSNET) and several other corporate sponsors.