From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Welcome to Wikipedia, a collaborative project to produce a complete encyclopedia from scratch. We started in January 2001 and are already working on 49838 articles, with more being added and improved all the time. Anyone, including you, can edit any article right now, without even having to log in. You can copyedit, expand an article, write a little or write a lot. See the Wikipedia FAQ for more background information about the project, and the help page for information on how to use and contribute to Wikipedia.
The content of Wikipedia is covered by the GNU Free Documentation License, which means that it is free and will remain so forever. See wikipedia:copyrights for the details and open content and free content for background.
- Background on current events
- Current events - Oktoberfest - Israeli-Palestinian conflict - West Nile virus - Maurice Papon - Gerhard Schröder - Bob Hayes - Robert L. Forward - Apollo 12
- Philosophy, Mathematics, and Natural Science
- Astronomy and astrophysics - Biology - Chemistry - Earth science - Mathematics - Philosophy - Physics - Statistics
- Social Sciences
- Anthropology - Archaeology - Economics - Geography - History - History of science and technology - Language - Linguistics - Political science - Psychology - Sociology
- Applied Arts and Sciences
- Agriculture - Architecture - Business and industry - Communication - Computer science - Education - Engineering - Family and consumer science - Health science - Law - Library and information science - Public affairs - Technology - Transport
- Classics - Cooking - Critical theory - Dance - Entertainment - Film - Games - Handicraft - Hobbies - Literature - Music - Opera - Painting - Recreation - Religion - Sculpture - Sports - Theater - Tourism - Visual arts and design
- Other Category Schemes
- About Wikipedia category schemes - Library of Congress catalog scheme - Dewey Decimal System - Wikipedia arranged by topic - Historical timeline - Historical anniversaries - Reference tables - Biographies - Current events
- About the project:
- Announcements - FAQ - Policy - Bug reports and feature requests - Wikipedia and Nupedia - Wikipedians - Wikipedia Commentary - Mailing lists - Wikipedia Chat - New topics - Brilliant prose - Requested articles - Help desk - Wikipedia utilities - Wikipedia database download - Public domain resources - Sandbox - Friends of Wikipedia
- Press coverage:
- The New York Times Magazine (December 9, 2001) - The New York Times (September 20, 2001) - MIT's Techreview (September 4, 2001)
- Wikipedias in other languages
- About the non-English Wikipedias - Afrikaans - Arabic (Araby) - Basque (Euskara) - Catalan (Català) - Chinese (Hanyu) - Danish (Dansk) - Dutch (Nederlands) - Esperanto - Estonian (Eesti) - French (Français) - Frisian (Frysk) - German (Deutsch) - Italian (Italiano) - Japanese (Nihongo) - Latin (Latina) - Norwegian (Norsk) - Polish (Polska) - Portuguese (Português) - Russian (Russkiy) - Serbocroatian (Srpskohrvatska) - Slovene (Slovensko) - Spanish (Castellano) - Swedish (Svensk)