- Temper's Ball
- Maxim

( 1 | 2 )
Author Flat Hills [Closed :)]
Govan
Marquis

Posted: 2002-07-21 23:18     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
OOC: if ya wanna join, icq! ;p Outcasts - this is closed. Post here instead!

~*~

It's amazing how things change. Vague memories from my past lives flit by me, and memories of the past of this life haunt me. As my feet moved me down the path leading over the rolling hills, I looked over the empty landscape and barely supressed a shudder.

Overhead, the heat of the sun beat down on me, making my light clothing stick to my skin in unflattering ways. Dust from the dry earth was kicked up with every step, making me dusty, and my throat dry. Water was scarce - in fact, I was down to my last skin of it - and the land showed for the lack of wet. Dry, crisp and gold, it swayed in the hot breeze, or shimmered in the distance.

I paused, wiping my face with the back and front of my hands, doing whatever I could do to dry it. How flattering I must look, I thought absently. Greasy with sweat, dust coated, skin baked a light red...what I would do for a tree...

Of course, I had not always walked these flat hills. Once, I had roamed the wet and cool forests, their shade and green-dappled hidden floors comfortingly home. But restless, thinking there had to be something better, somewhere, I left.

And I found Flat Hills. Flat, barren hills, baked to a crisp.

What I would do for a tree, just a single, leafy tree to rest under. Yet I know I will not find it, and if I did, I would not get up again.

Pulling my skin from my pack, I uncorked it, taking a small sip of the water before returning it to my pack. As I did it, my hand brushed a crumpled piece of parchment.

I remembered why I had come to these Flat Hills. A voice from my past, a voice from another life had called out to me. From this dry, barren wasteland of plains, a piece of the puzzle sat, waiting for me to find him.

Pushing on with a groan, I once more set one foot in front of the other.

Flat Hills - the dry landscape, and also a dry, miserable hole of a town - was but a few hours walk in front of me.

And with the allure of all similar hellholes, I hoped for water.

[ This Message was edited by: Govan on 2002-07-23 23:40 ]

AmirKa
Siquan

Posted: 2002-07-21 23:50     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
He had never enjoyed sleeping. Several of his mentors had scolded him, saying that he should take it as a gift, a respite from the attacks of the everyday, an almost perfect quiet. They always followed with, “and if you don’t do it, you’ll go mad.”

Obviously, he thought as he drifted off to the “perfect quiet”, I am not sleeping correctly, for I am still going mad. Only the mad follow their nightmares to the end of the earth, where the earth is brown and dry and always hot. His eyes drifted shut nonetheless, and he immediately was standing on the plains. The scorched earth stretched forth for miles, without any sort of discernable landmark or feature, only to meet the blue sky at the middle of his vision. It was a landscape he thought was only possible in dreams, until he had actually arrived at the plains.

As he always did in the dream, he turned slowly, the horizon rotating around him, and the girl was behind him. Waves of déjà vu hit him, nauseating him with their strength, until the whole world blurred around him. His entire field of vision was filled with one thing alone: the tiny symbol between the girl’s eyes. It seemed to shine in the ethereal light, growing brighter and brighter until he could not keep his eyes open.

“Govan,” the girl said, and he opened his eyes.

He pulled himself upright, slowly rubbing his face, and looked at the small building he had chosen to sleep behind. His dreams hadn’t left him for weeks, and they always left him with a feeling of longing, and a name. Govan. Barely enough information to get a letter to, but he supposed he had a knack for getting by with barely.

Later, he paced slowly in the street, his mind beating back the thoughts that come with idleness. After all, only children give their nightmares such attention, to travel leagues and leagues from home to follow a fleeting image in a surreal dream.

Nonetheless, he spun on a heel, and started walking the opposite way down the now-familiar street.

-----
Something's better on the other side...
Outcast Nobility

Govan
Tiram

Posted: 2002-07-22 00:02     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
The sun had reached its apex in the ice-blue sky. How odd, that the blue looks so wet, so comforting - yet is only seen when the sun is there to bake you to a crisp?

I saw a purplish smudge a few miles down the road, and sighed in a desperate sort of bliss. Flat Hills was just up ahead, and my skin tingled to know I might find shade and water there.

My skin had run dry hours before, and my tongue was swollen so that I could barely force words past my lips. My skin was dry, and red, and painful. The skin would rustle with the wind, dry skin lifting off like a wave of skinnish snow.

My feet - sore, hot and baked as well - plodded on. The town shimmered in front of me, and my breath caught in a despairing gasp.

Please...don't be an illusion... I stumbled, crashing to my knees on the dusted path, hands skidding forward painfully on the rocks. A grimace lit to my face, lips twisting back to bare white teeth, a hiss of pain sucking back.

Almost..there...Amir..

~*~

The dreams had come without warning. I woke one night, curled up against the slumbering form of my husband. In the nursary I heard a muffled whimper, which died away into babyish slumber. So no, it hadn't been the child, Eli, that had woken me. And Nate slumbered on obliviously, his face unlined and beautiful in sleep.

Yet as the weeks progressed, I began to remember bits and pieces of the dreams. I remember seeing an island rise out of the mist; I remembered seeing a scaffolding rising out of the dawn. I saw faces I did not know...but knew, and I saw many of those faces frozen in death, coated by a light dusting of snow.

What Karma haunted me? What past life was trying to merge with this?

One night over dinner, I told Nate about the dreams. I saw concern in his eyes - I knew then that he had known about them, that I must have woken him, or not hidden my concern well enough.

I pulled out a scrap of paper on which I had written a note. On this note was the name of a town, and basic directions - directions I had gotten in the dream.

I have to go, I said, my voice breaking as I gazed into my soulmate's eyes. I will go crazy if I don't - this is something I must do.

In the way that only Nate could ever do, we spent the nite in quiet reflection. We may not see eachother again, though I prayed to the gods that would not be the case.

As the sun broke over the rocky, tree covered hills of Ynis Sci, I boarded the ship which would take me to the mainland..which would take me to the beginning of the dream...

~*~

As I walked into town, my feet thudding on the rutted and parched path, I looked around with eyes that drank in familiar but never seen detail. Even though I had never been here, I had been here. And here, my destiny would wait me.

AmirKa...

AmirKa
Siquan

Posted: 2002-07-22 00:20     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
If it was possible for pacing to grow more boring, it had, and AmirKa didn’t spin on his foot, but continued towards the edge of town. The well was there, if the thing that sputtered out ferrous liquid could really be called such, and trading one mundane activity for another seemed appropriate. Buildings creaked in the heat as he walked by, their joints crying out in protest over the expansive effect of the midday sun.

He felt somewhat like crying out in protest himself, as he walked exposed along the empty main street. The few residents of the town had apparently holed up, and he didn’t blame them. He’d trade this open street for a seat under Darden’s bowl, if it were shady. A long life of ignoring his physical situation had prepared him for his current bombardment of sun, however, and he continued walking in the middle of the road, passing by the quiet structures on either side.

The town was strange, to say the least. The founders must have been half mad, throwing this speck of civilization in the middle of this pseudo-desert. Maybe there was gold here, once, to draw people here. Why they would stay though, he couldn’t imagine. He wasn’t exactly sure how he had ended up here, either. A wrong mark on a map here, and a misdirection there, he supposed. Illogically, though, he was confident that he was where he needed to be. A woman stared out an open window at him, and he kept staring at the ground. He got the impression they thought he was a vagabond, demon, smuggler. Which probably wasn’t completely untrue.

He reached the well, and slowly pulled the bucket upwards. He frowned at the ruddy mixture that it produced, and set it on the side of the stone. Sitting down next to it, he lifted a hand to his face, and scanned outwards, looking for any sign of life, and childishly, looking for Govan.

-----
Outcast Nobility

Govan
Tiram

Posted: 2002-07-22 00:26     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
A well. It amazed me that the town wasn't built around it, but rather to the side of it, but perhaps when the town was founded, there had been a well elsewhere.

But it was a well. True, the water was likely more mud...But water? Hell, I would drink from Darden's Bowl if it were wet.

Pushing myself, I stumbled, falling again. My form kicked up a huge cloud of dust, and I closed my eyes and curled up, trying to keep it out of my eyes, my nose, my mouth. But within seconds, coughing took over, my body shuddering with the spasms and dry heaves. I couldn't move for these heaves crippled me, made me unable to do anything but cough and retch. So dry...

As the spasms eased, I pulled myself forward, trying to push myself to my knees. They buckled at the slightest hint of weight, and I collapsed down again. Curling into a fetal position, I began to cough again. Trying to relax didn't work, so I unfurled my body, and tried to stand yet again. And yet again, I collapsed into a pile of dry angles, limbs sticking awkwardly out from under a pack that looked heavier than I must by now.

So close, I thought. So close to Flat Hills, and I die here, in the dirt.. Some stupid dream driving me to my death, and I would never see Eli...or my Nathan...again..

If I had tears left to cry, I would cry them. My heart longed for him as my body longed for water. But I had no tears, so I simply gave up, collapsing into the hot dirt..

AmirKa
Siquan

Posted: 2002-07-22 00:42     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
He sensed her there before he heard her. All his life, he had been trained to sense the danger behind you, pick up that shift in the air, that minute scuffing noise, hell, if you can smell them, use it. However, none of that was necessary, as he heard a dull thud behind him, as the “danger” fell to the caked earth. He turned in time to see her light form bounce on the ground and lie still.

He broke the rope on the bucket with a quick snap of his wrists, and broke into a run towards the crumpled form. It was Govan, which went without saying. Who else in their right mind would be wandering out here? He wasn’t about to have traveled on this hellish hike for nothing, either, so he ran all the faster. The water sloshed back and forth at his side, urging him onward.

Seconds later, he skidded to a halt next to the form on the ground. The bucket kept going, tipped, and some splashed onto the girl’s hair. He supposed she probably wouldn’t mind. He looked her over. It was hard to get déjà vu without seeing her eyes, but he supposed if they were exposed, he would. It didn’t matter though, he got déjà vu more often then most people got the hiccups.

Panting a bit from the run, he spoke up between breaths.

“Uhm. Hullo, Govan. Thirsty?”

-----
Outcast Nobility

Govan
Tiram

Posted: 2002-07-22 00:47     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I never thought heaven would be this hell. All flat, dry, and hot. But then, maybe this wasn't heaven. Maybe this was hell. Sure, maybe leaving Eli alone...leaving Nathan...maybe it was all the wrong thing to do and some god was punishing me..

Rain.

A pure, wet drop hit my head, and sunk into my hair. Only the briefest touch of moisture touched my skin, but it was enough to bring me back to reality....

~*~

I groaned, curling up. When I heard the voice say my name, the world tilted in an odd way. Deja vu crawled over my skin as the familiar voice called me to him, brought me back from the brink of whatever death I had tango'd with.

AmirKa? My voice cracked, and I pushed myself up to my knees. I swayed, and I knew I had not the strength to keep myself up. As I tilted towards the ground, I reached out and managed to grab one of his legs. Using what last bit of strength I had, I pulled myself to him, hugging his legs tightly.

Don't let me die in Flat Hills...I would rather... The world tilted again, and I groaned with nausea.

Water? I paused, coughing. Please say you have it..

AmirKa
Siquan

Posted: 2002-07-22 00:59     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
The voice was familiar, as were her mannerisms, her hair, her eyes. Then, everything happened at once. He was nearly overcome by déjà vu when he saw her eyes. She fell towards him, and rather than catching her, he pulled the bucket out of her path. He figured she would understand. She grabbed onto his leg, and that was the final knock to his balance. The ground came up fast, and he thudded into it, more of the water splashing out of the unfortunate bucket as it crashed into the ground. He looked at Govan.

“Uhm, yeah. I have water!” he said, setting the bucket down in front of her. He sized her up. Other than the travel-worn parts of her, she looked exactly as she had in the dreams, in the short moments he had seen her. He felt a headache start to develop, as if a dam of memories was about to burst inside his head, but it didn’t, for now.

He was struck with the ridiculousness of the circumstances, and managed a grin. He got the distinct sense that they had met in much more civilized locales long before. He scratched the back of his head. “So, what’re you doing in a nasty place like this?”

-----
Outcast Nobility

Govan
Tiram

Posted: 2002-07-22 01:05     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
The bucket of muddy water came down beside me. Not caring what I looked like, I simply hauled myself to it and shoved my face into the water.

The shock of hot to cool woke me up from my daze, and I pulled myself out with a sputtering cough.

Unngh. What the hell are YOU doing here? If you were going to send for me, couldn't you have picked a better place?

I flopped back and wiped the water from my face with a sigh.

Damn, that felt good... I turned my eyes onto AmirKa, taking his details in. I wish I knew who you were, you know...and why this all seems familiar..

I groaned and pushed myself into a sitting position, and reached for the bucket again. I hugged it to my chest and, grinning lopsidedly, sung out a few words.

Oh sweet bucket, oh wet bucket, forever be my waaaaaaateeeerrrrr... I dissolved into giggles and peered over at AmirKa. The frozen mountains of 'Pri weren't even this bad, despite the bodies..

As soon as the words slipped my lips, I froze, body tensing. Tears welled in my eyes for unknown reasons, and a pain - longing, sadness, and anguish - washed over me. I burst into sobs, curling up around the bucket.

AmirKa
Siquan

Posted: 2002-07-22 01:16     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Govan eloquently smashed her face into the bucket, and he laughed, watching her get her bearings. She did get them, and quickly, as she snapped at him about his choice of location.

“Hey, I chose nothing. I was trying to get to the river to meet you, but someone marked my map wrong. Which, let me remind you, just saved you from a dusty sort of death.”

Her musings about the oddness of the situation seemed an echo to his own thoughts, and he just nodded in agreement, staring intently at a small twig. Where the blazes would a twig come from, anyway?

She snapped him back to attention with her comment, and as soon as she said the word ‘Pri, he was struck by a hammer-blow of memories, the culmination of which was him rolling down a rather steep hill. When his mind cleared, he was left with a residual feeling of disgust, and a distinct taste of bile in his mouth. Govan was crying, and he felt like crying too. However, he just shifted uncomfortably. Something was weird about seeing her cry…

He stood up, and offered her a hand. “Whatever it was, it was over a long time ago, Govan…let’s go somewhere in the shade…”

-----
Outcast Nobility

Govan
Tiram

Posted: 2002-07-23 01:38     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I let AmirKa drag me to my feet, and we staggered across the road into the shade of an overhanging balcony.

What god farted out this shitstain? I asked, gesturing at the flat, golden plains. I glowered at the heat which rose in waves from the ground, glad to be out of the direct light. I leaned against AmirKa and sighed, snuggling against him absently.

You know, since the dreams have started, I have wondered...what did we do in our past lives? Why do they haunt us now? And what do they portend? What destiny is reaching out for us, clawing for us, dragging us to a fate we need not want?

I paused, closing my eyes.

And where are the others? The others in the dream should be here too..

Thyarr
Mr. Evernight

Posted: 2002-07-23 14:05     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Gah, figures.

[ This Message was edited by: Thyarr on 2002-07-23 14:06 ]

AmirKa
Siquan

Posted: 2002-07-23 14:07     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
He stared forward, trying not to think on Govan’s questions. Sitting here watching the heat with her was fine as far as he was concerned. One of his hands unconsciously scratched the other, and he stopped it as soon as he noticed. As content as he was to be out of the light, the entire scene was making him fidgety.

“I’m not sure if I want to know,” he said, the words escaping his lips before his brain fully formed them. “Anything that gives me nightmares every night of the week and makes you sit down and cry isn’t something that I’m looking forward to remembering.”

He considered.

“But it must have been the right thing,” he muttered, almost trailing off. Indeed, he couldn’t imagine himself, much less Govan, committing what might very well have been atrocities in another lifetime without having at least some driving reason for it.

“Regardless, I suppose we still have an obligation to the others, whoever they are.” He stuck his head out around the edge of the building, peering both ways for other signs of life.

-----
Outcast Nobility

Govan
Tiram

Posted: 2002-07-23 14:39     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I have to agree with you..the vision of the mountain pass? So much carnage, and I know it was my fault. But I can't see myself having done it for no reason.. I stopped, gnawing on my lip.

It has been a lifetime since we have met. I wonder if things have changed? I know your name, I know some of a past that is long gone. But I know nothing about you NOW, nor you about me.

I stretched, wincing at the pain lancing through my skin. It was true, I thought, as I gazed out over the plains, my green eyes thoughtful. The carnage in the dreams was another life, yet it was forcing us together in this life. And there had been other faces, other forms in the dream, but only one had a name. Only one.

AmirKa?

I gripped the railing, trying to wrestle down the guilt I found rising within me.

I suppose I should tell you what I do now... My voice trailed off, and I sighed miserably. I knew he could see my reluctance - I wasn't hiding it.

Don't think less of me..but I run a group of people...refugees from ignoble Lords. Some Knights, some Mystics, some Thieves and Cutthroats, and many, many families...

We survive mostly as pirates, with the island of Ynis Sci as our base..

At the mention of the name of the Island, pictures rushed back to me. My adopted elfin son, Eli, scampering around on the beaches, in the trees, over the grass...my soulmate, Nathan, catching Eli before he runs into a tree, a group hug...

We are happy there. All of us. My son, my love, my people. We're not supposed to stay here forever. There are too many things happening. I even feel bad having been gone from home so long, but I can't leave you here...

Nor do I want to trek that trek again.
I grimaced in memory, body shuddering.

I don't suppose you can fly, can you?

AmirKa
Siquan

Posted: 2002-07-23 22:58     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
He listened impassively, staring across the street at a spot on the facing wall that was growing more boring by the minute. The rational part of him screamed at him. Someone who sheltered brigands and rebels was someone that he should probably be a little cautious with, even more so than normal.

In fact, he realized, he wasn’t being cautious at all. Mentors and trainers had spent their entire life carefully building him up as a warrior, always cautious and worrisome, but with Govan, he felt comfortable. And the other part of him, the part that recognized Govan, the part that dreamt of a green island in the middle of the ocean, seemed quite at ease with the thought of her taking in these ruffians.

“I don’t know how to explain it. And don’t take this the wrong way. But it…it doesn’t seem wrong, or odd, or even the slightest bit strange to me, that you shelter these…these outcasts. It just seems natural.

“Not to mention the Isle…the way you describe it, I can almost picture it in my mind,” he said, trailing off as he pieced together the images in his head. A green isle, spiky ridges, a glimmering blue temple…

“It feels like my entire life has been a lie,” he said, resuming his stare at the uninteresting spot across the way. “I was trained and taught and molded for this life, all to find out that I’m still carrying baggage…from something before.”

He sighed.

“Regardless, it has started now. I would like to see your Ynis Sci…there’s nothing else here, I suppose. I can’t fly, but perhaps we could rest before making the trek again. I’m sure we can find enough supplies here.”

-----
Outcast Nobility

Govan
Tiram

Posted: 2002-07-23 23:05     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I grinned at AmirKa, reassured.

We're not really... I struggled for the words. Pirates? Nah. Not that. Yes, we terrorize some merchants. We steal their trade items, but only if they fly the banners of some Lords which have given us - or innocents - a hard time. I gave AmirKa a lopsided grin.

We've taken the name of Outcast Nobility. We're outcasts, most definately...but we're a hundred times the Nobles the actual Lords and Ladies are. You would not believe some of the atrocities these Lords do!

I stopped talking a moment, memories of Hawk coming to mind. My adoptive father, felled by one of these arrows...

The leader of my Knights was Hawk. He found me, a starving cast out, and took me in. He found it hilarious that my name meant Raven, and people took to calling us Raven and Hawk. Hawk and Raven. Wherever we went. My voice cracked slightly, and my eyes grew cold. An arrow through the eye took his life. I hauled his body to me, and had the people retreat.

I stepped off the wooden sidewalk, stepping into the light. Half a second after doing it, sweat began to come to my skin.

Come on, AmirKa. Let the Raven buy you a drink. That IS an Inn, isn't it?

I gestured across the dusty road, and made for the shade on the other side.

ooc: Like, um, I can keep my characters straight!

[ This Message was edited by: Govan on 2002-07-23 23:37 ]

AmirKa
Siquan

Posted: 2002-07-24 00:29     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
He stood for a moment, watching Govan’s back as she began to stride through the scorching sun. He didn’t have any family. He tried to picture one of his Mentors being killed, but that didn’t really evoke much sadness in him, either. Oddly enough though, he could imagine what it was like to lose someone that you built something with. Especially right before her eyes…

He reluctantly left the cover of the balcony, and stepped out into the scorching sun. It hadn’t moved far in the sky, and he surmised that their conversation hadn’t lasted very long. They hadn’t really needed petty introductions and small talk, he realized. That had already been dispensed with, lifetimes ago.

He could feel eyes on him as he walked across the street, and without looking, knew it was a child. For some reason, no other stare felt like the unabashed eyes of someone young. He looked up to where he sensed the boy, the window above the bar, and grinned at the child. His eyes slowly lost their color, turning to a perfect shimmering white. The boy’s mouth and eyes widened to about the same size, and he ran off into the room behind him.

Grinning, AmirKa entered the building. He was surprised at the amount of business the place had; about a quarter of the inn was occupied by obvious residents of the town, their sun-bleached hair falling around their suntanned shoulders. Stares of the “you’re not from around here, huh?” variety fell on them from all directions. Never one to be self-conscious, he led the Raven – Vran, he remembered – to the bar, and sat down.

“I wonder how much water they keep on stock, here,” he said, already planning the provisions for the trek home.

He barely even noticed that he was already thinking of a place he had technically never been as home.

-----
Outcast Nobility

Govan
Tiram

Posted: 2002-07-24 00:40     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I sat on a stool, letting the cooler air of the shaded room wash over me. I glanced around, green eyes amused at the stares.

What? I called out mockingly. Are your women so dirt covered that you stare at me so? I turned my back to them, and sized up the bar tender.

Ya keep wine in this dig, 'keep?

I surprised myself at times, moving from coarse pirate girl to eloquent leader girl to quite studious girl..but at times, it came in useful.

So much easier to lead the Orders with various personalities. Knights took to the eloquent me, thieves to the coarse me, and priests to the studious me. it came easily to me, manipulating people and surroundings to suit myself.

I came back out of my thoughts as I listened to the InnKeep say he did, in fact, have wine.

Really? I replied, surprised. Well then, I will have a glass of wine. I glanced sideways at AmirKa, then back at the InnKeep. And a room for the night. Just me an' him. I gestured at AmirKa.

Thut'll be two silver and four coppers, ladee, the Innkeep slurred. I pawed over the coins reluctantly, then flashed a gold piece at him. Noise in the room died down as the flash of yellow caught the little light.

I need to hire someone. Someone who can get me supplies fer tomorrow morn, before sunup. Packs for two. Water, food, maps.

The Innkeep gaped at me, thoughtlessly putting my glass of wine down. I took it into my hand and turned my back to him, leaning against the bar.

An' if I'm satisfied, I'll toss in another two gold. I paused, glancing over the room. Each eye was on me, and I nonchalantly flipped the gold coin into the air, letting it land loudly in my palm.

Any takers?

[ This Message was edited by: Govan on 2002-07-24 00:41 ]

AmirKa
Siquan

Posted: 2002-07-24 01:45     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Whatever his former life and personality, he was horrified by Govan’s overt method of the situation in this one. He was a bit amused over her room request, just before pretty much every rule about blending into a crowd and taking care was shattered by the Raven flaunting their cash around the room. The Mentors would lock him in a basement for a week if he had ever tried something so blasé. He would kill to take back her words and blend back into the crowd, as much as outsiders could blend, anyway.

Regardless, done was done, and he moved beside Govan, his hand resting at the exact spot on his hip where he could bring his knife into a fighting position fastest. He scanned the room slowly, looking for any hint of danger. Fortunately, he saw only a tired looking brigade of the fielders. His subconscious picked up what it could – smudged face here, gloves there, a scratched pack - and fed the information to his mind. They were most likely miners, which made them tired and quiet, but always looking for a little excitement. They probably weren’t bad at swinging a weapon, either.

“I hope you know what you’re doing,” he hissed under his breath into her ear. “Not exactly the covert approach to slipping out of town.”

He realized, one time, that most people considered him overly cautious, to the point of neuroticism. Regardless, though, years of training were hard to cast aside. He watched the assembly carefully, waiting to see if anyone stepped forward at Govan’s offer.

-----

[ This Message was edited by: AmirKa on 2002-07-24 01:46 ]

Eltharion
Venrii

Posted: 2002-07-24 03:11     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
A man who has nothing will fight for anything...

The noise and bustle of the room was lost in the emptiness of Eltharion's mind...and his heart. The memory of her never failed to bring tears that would water down his drink...

It can only be guessed what about Govan drew his attention to her... but by the time she was flourishing gold and speaking of hired labour he was watching, bewitched by her nature. Against his very nature, Eltharion found himself anxious to volunteer.

A man who has been torn down can be rebuilt any way he chooses...

Eltharion watches his past flicker before his eyes...the silent reclucive forest warder had changed so much.... he was a pampered and soft now... emotion made him weak. It was the fault of Renae.

The fresh wounds still begged to be soothed by hatred towards the dryad and even as the elf found himself moving towards the woman, he knew he was only moving away from Renae.

His eyes, filled with the pain of time, met those of Govan. With a resolve that could be called shakey, at best, he made a meek offer to her for whatever she would need.
My name is Eltharion... A lack of recognition in the woman's eyes was a relief to Eltharion. The less that was known of his past, the more easily justified his future. Just tell me... what you wish...and I will do it... Another shy flicker of his eyes, and Eltharion murmered I want no money.... just... some purpose... you can offer me that... right?

Eltharion
Do it yourself ENeMA in the LoFT
"I won't back down, no I won't back down,
you can stand me up at the gates of hell but I, won't back down."

( 1 | 2 )
Lock this TopicMove this Topic Delete this Topic
Contact Us       Evernight Games

Copyright © 2001 TidalMark, Inc.