|European armed forces from 1920 to 1950|
|This site is optimized for Microsoft Explorer, resolution 600 X 800 or higher. It was updated the last time on Friday 29 April 2002.|
|You can see the updates here.|
|Since 21 March 2000, you are visitor number:|
|The contents of this site is the product of litterally years of exhaustive work on the part of my contributors and I. It is therefore imperative that you, should you want to use any of the info in it for anything but personal entertainment, contact me and ASK! You can do so here.|
|To try to make it as easy as possible to use the site, I have collected links to the articles into a number of menus, with a link to this page at the top:
- Main - this page.
- Armed Forces - includes links to all articles on armed forces. Everything armed and consisting of more than two men is here.
- Articles - a merger of the former "Biographies" and "Combat" section. It contains not only biographies and articles on wars and the like, but also a number of other articles on, for example, the organizational and tactical development of the cavalry in one country, or the paratroopers in another.
- Countries - includes sub-menus on all the countries that I have added to the site. "countries" is defined as those being in existence today. Articles linked through here will be every article pertaining to the country, it being in an ethnic, historical, geographic or other way.
- Discussion - my online forum. The place for you to ask any questions you want....provided they are about the main topic of this site.
- Orders of Battle - includes links to all the OBs (Order og Battle - a listing of units on a specific date and in a specific area) that I have on my site. Some are theoretical, for planned operations, and detail varies wildly.
- TO&Es - contains all the tables of organisation and equipment (mostly only organisation) that I have on my site. Detail varies wildly, as does the kind of units they cover. So far, the section contains mostly TOEs from Yugoslavia, the Baltic States, Austria and Poland.
All the above links are present on the left side of all the structural pages (any page that is not an article in itself). A number of other sections, that do not pertain to the articles, around whom the site revolves, can be seen on the right side of this page.
|Other features of this site include:
Whats New? - a date-by-date listing of all the changes I make on my page. Divided by months.
Condemn me! - a direct email link to the webmaster of Armies. Tell him how much he reeks.
Contributors - the persons who have helped me greatly to construct this page, some with advise, others simply by contributing information or correcting errors. THANKS go out to you!
Bibliography - a not-so-complete list of books I have used to put this site together. Details on the books used vary widely, and no ISBN numbers are provided
Links - contains all the links Id like to share. They are only linked from here, from the main page. Not THAT many links here yet.....
History - a run-through of the history of this site. Kind of touchy-feely, too. It has got it all, folks: tears, despair, cold bueaurocrats, great heros, friendshio, love and a lot of Danish cursing :-)
Awards - Yes, I actually have received one of those, too. Go check it out.
|What this site is all about|
|You are now entering a site aiming to bring together as much info as possible on the history of European armed forces of the period between 1920 and 1950. This includes also guerillas, that operated in the period. Where needed, I will also include topics, that go beyond the time-limits if needed to explain the roots of a special problem or organisation, especially where my personal interest intervenes, for example the exile armed forces of the E-European nations during WWI, that provided the base for the post-war armed forces of those nations.|
|Where the site is going|
|The site is intended as being a place for learning on military history of the 1920-1950 period. Originally it came about as an answer to a problem I saw with the internet: almost all sites focused on the German, and to a lesser extent US armed forces of the period. I intended to remedy that. One aspect is the info contained in this site, another is the discussion forum, that is part of it, where people can ask their questions and get in touch with persons who can answer them. I intend to eventually be able to provide information on all the armed forces, as well as some of the campaigns that went on in the mentioned period.|
|What you can do|
|As the matters I try to cover are rather obscure, I am mostly dependent on other peoples help for info. So if you happen to see a hole in the material I have displayed, or want to correct a mistake I have made, please contact me. You will then be listed in the contributors section if you like, and your name will be added right below the header of the page(s) you have contributed.
Same goes for if you want to contribute information, where I myself whip it into an article.
If I find info augmenting an article contributed to me, you as contributor are still listed as main source. If no author or source is mentioned, thats me.
|What I will do|
|I will strive to provide as exact info on the topic of this site with as unbiased a view as possible. So if you have another view than mine, please contact me and argue your case, so that I may be enlightened.
That said, I hope you will enjoy and pass the URL of the site on.
|Questions? Suggestions? Mail me!|