- Temper's Ball
- New Players Area

Author Confused Returning Player..
Demoniar
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/boards/tbarchive/viewtopic.php on line 223

Posted: 2002-05-16 04:18     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Ok, it's approaching summer and I once have time again to play Canon. So I made a game in Guilds and guess what I found in the race selection? Three new races in addition to the original three...Anyways, I selected the Vampire race and have no idea what they're good for.... so could someone care to enlighten me with a few minor details on them? As for Droben and Elementals, I did play Maxim in the past so I just want to know if they're the same as they were in Maxim. Thank you all and it's good to be back again.

P.S. How come I still have 10 months paid?? I could remember more than 3 months have past since I last logged on.

Seer Rayn

Posted: 2002-05-16 05:49     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Hia, welcome back! :)

I would suggest heading over to the Game Changes forum to read about the changes. There are so many, my fingers would fall off before filling you in on them all! :) If you still have questions, it's easier to answer when you have specific ones.

As to the billing issue, I don't know. I would suggest mailing billing@evernight.net with your account name, how long you originally had paid on your account, when you made the payment (if you remember) and what it's currently displaying.

I'm sure Twinlett can straighten the billing issue up for you without breaking a fingersweat :)

Welcome back, and I hope you enjoy the changes :)

NPA | Maxim
rayn@evernight.net
Look into my Eyes..
Tell me what you see?

Nyarlathotep
Tiram

Posted: 2002-05-16 07:58     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
*winks at the sexy seer*

I see gorgeous pools that a man can drown in...

*weg*

Anyway, I'm a returning player as well...and I just have ONE question.

Started playing solo a few weeks ago, and haven't had a question until now, the people I knew and have met are still as helpful as ever.

I notice alot of people in the Solo/Vagabond Forum are talking of getting the "kingdom already at war" message. How are they getting this? Are they randomly declaring war on someone, and the solo game only allows with one kingdom at a time? Are they scouting? I don't want to fubar somebody's war again.

Thanks.

The Once and Future Nyarlathotep.
IA! IA! Azag-Thoth ftagn!
Keep it real, keep it Pure. My.purerave

Stryfe
Venrii

Posted: 2002-05-16 09:00     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
That message seems to be broken, It's still being tested, and I think it says that for anyone you scout, so just ignore it...

ISA/SAO/OnceProgeny/NowBDSM
~Mors & Lare~ Unmatched in cuteness!
Wounds cover me from head to toe, from skin into soul. I bleed internally, externally, eternally.

Nyarlathotep
Tiram

Posted: 2002-05-16 09:31     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
*thinks*

Point is...I don't wanna fubar another war (SORRRY Kaz)

How do I find out if someone is at war, besides the long war threads? And even -if- someone is at war, they may not post in the threads, and will post an independent thread...that's alot of work just to find out if someone is gearin for a fight, right?

Or is that how its done?

The Once and Future Nyarlathotep.
IA! IA! Azag-Thoth ftagn!
Keep it real, keep it Pure. My.purerave

Kaz
Ominar

Posted: 2002-05-17 18:45     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Other than the independant threads and the people at war thread, the only other way is to scout first and make a subjective decision on their war status by the state of their kingdom. It's usually pretty easy to tell the difference between a kingdom thats at war, a kingdom thats ready for war and a kingdom thats just finished a war.

However sometimes there is no war thread, the kingdom looks like its at peace, but they still happen to be at war. You cant really ever be certain. Don't worry about it too much. You'll generally find out if the person you hit was at war pretty quickly anyway :)

Back in Orange
Guilds:
LA, Shaitan, TFC, TGH, LoF, ISA, Slainte
Maxim: GoH, KO, Fark, DA, DS, TMP, TEN
No Regrets

Maniacmax
Ominar

Posted: 2002-05-17 19:05     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
You asked for some race specifics.

Human: Average
Elven: Sorc + Scum
Goblin: War + Scum
Vampire: Scum + Sorc
Elemental: War + Sorc
Droben: War

-=Ushers of the Apocalypse=-
Try saying my name 49,458 times fast
Gah! Max is in...ISA!
Macloud thinks I worship him, yeah right!

Cyric
Tiram

Posted: 2002-05-23 20:12     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
N+12:
as far as I have seen the kingdom already at war only comes on when they are declared on by someone.

thus if no one is declared on them, you don't get that message until you declare on them.

Kahlan Amnell
Siquan

Posted: 2002-05-29 20:24     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
By the way...what happened to the normal RP forum? The Writer's Corner doesn't seem to be the same as the RP was.....

dray_
Solera

Posted: 2002-05-29 23:17     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
kahlan-

http://www.evernight.net/boards/canon/viewtopic.php?topic=9949&forum=1&0

http://www.evernight.net/boards/canon/viewtopic.php?topic=9948&forum=4&0

-->They took your life, but they could not take your pride<--
Shop smart, shop S Mart
An' ye harm none, do what ye will.

Kahlan Amnell
Siquan

Posted: 2002-05-30 12:01     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Thanks, Dray

Deicide
Ominar

Posted: 2002-05-30 23:32     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Just my .02 cents... If someone can not in Solo and LG/MS games drop a line somewhere stating that they are at war then it sucks to be them.

It takes so little time to pop up in the local war thread and say...

Quote:
Hey. I am at war with Bozo the Bloody Clown

I barely have time to play my kingdoms... And yet I can find the time to say I am at war. It is not hard. Someone don't wanna do it. Then fuck em.

People come and people go but hatred lasts forever.

[ This Message was edited by: Deicide on 2002-05-30 23:33 ]

ImanCarrot
Ominar

Posted: 2002-05-31 21:03     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Oh another thing.. I don't think the Race specific stuff comes into being untill 6 June when Valid and Maxim come back up. not 100% on this but I beleive it to be so.

Wherever you are, Whatever you do,
I'll be there right there waiting for you.

AGM Scum, ORB.
Grateful Member of LKA's Top Ten.

Tiamat
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-01 19:45     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Welcome back Demonair....

Glad to see you back.. hope that you come and join us in Maxim when it goes up.

For the Queen in my life
My love in TB
Xena

Seer Rayn

Posted: 2002-06-03 15:30     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Actually, a lot of the race specific stuff is already in place. What's not in place is defense ;)

For instance, if you try to scout with one of the non-scout happy races, you're going to need to buy a whole lot more if you were one of the scout-happy races :) Small things like that are in place, and small things in the fabric of a realm equal big things ;)

NPA | Maxim
rayn@evernight.net
Look into my Eyes..
Tell me what you see?

Clark01975
Siquan

Posted: 2002-06-05 15:45     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
well, i am returning too. and seems like lots of new changes are there. well, i am off to see what is going on here. and is the game heading for a reset soon?

Lyssia
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-05 15:48     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Well Maxim and Valid (the new non-rp version of Maxim) should be starting tomorrow, barring any problems. LGS has finished in the last couple of days, so I imagine that it will start again at some point soon-ish though I wouldn't quote me on that one! As for the rest of the games I really couldn't say if they will be reset with the starting up of Maxim/Valid or not.

Hlasta! Qyetes Hfirimain
Maxim:Unguilded, I walk the darker path
Killie's slave-brought with a squeaky duck
Valid:PoR AGM of RP || Guilds:Slainte AGM of RP

Lock this TopicMove this Topic Delete this Topic
Contact Us       Evernight Games

Copyright © 2001 TidalMark, Inc.