( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Author The continued pounding of LKA by Isonia's faithful
Elohssa
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-04 22:08     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
*sigh*

GM of TBL
CM
The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy.

(Zaknafein)
Baron

Posted: 2002-08-04 22:10     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Ah yes, so what you are saying is that you base your war ethics not on the relative postion of the two opposing forces but on how low you can bring us down then?

(in other words, you don't give a rat's ass about your own conditions so long as we go down)

But see, with all the winning conditions that was popularised the last few ages, we could also argue we've won because our 'little' 42 member guild managed to bring 52 (or 51? too lazy to click 'back') of your Isonians down the rankings with us and letting other Forets having less Isonians to deal with, could we not? :)

Okay, I'm going to be gone for a while to make lunch. Be back later. I'm interested in your replies though (it's just stomach has first priority). I want a big reponse when I come back ;)

LKA Pincushion
First snow, then silence.
This thousand echo scream dies so beautifully

Spike
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-04 22:22     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
KBR has never cared where we were on the rankings.

Every war we were in last age, we got tossed to the bottom. (We didn't get first strike much)

And still, we dragged the other guild down the rankings.

I did some math. According to the first stats posted, as a whole the Isonians have lost 32,943 ANW.

LKA, you have lost 27,503.

Only 5K ANW difference there. That's puny.

First off, you should have dropped us way farther down the ranks than you did. We did not fall far at all. As I said in my first post, you didn't kill me. You left me alive, so I could do some damage.

You've not killed many of us at all.

You should have hammered us down the rankings with your first strike. But you know what? We'd probably be in the exact same situation we are now. Us, dragging you down the ranks, with you almost powerless to stop us.

When and where does this "real world" occur?!
"Normal? If we're all freaks, and you're normal, you're the freak."
BDSM - Kink-ay!
Truth, Beauty, Freedom, LoFT

Holden
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-04 22:23     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Christ. It's a war. It's really quite simple. There's two things to do in a war: self-preservation and taking down the enemy. Best case scenario (win) is achieving both objectives. One objective can be acceptable. Getting neither is defeat.

Get familiar with some Roman history and the term "Pyrrhic victory". If you end up calling this a win, it's going to be one of the costliest ones you've ever had.

But hey, a win's a win, right?

Caile's official Barqs provider
Got
[CENSORED]?
BDSM - If the shoe fits, I want you to wear the wig too.

Elohssa
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-04 22:29     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Quote:
Ah yes, so what you are saying is that you base your war ethics not on the relative postion of the two opposing forces but on how low you can bring us down then?

isnt that how lka fights all the time? atleast thats what i get when they drag a war out for what 2 3 week's just because they can

I admire az and some of the members of lka but as it goes the more of you i bury the better.I dont care if im king or a kingdom at turn 81 smashing and killing you.

as it stands i have dumped around 9k acres of lka swamp land and will be dumping another 5.6k that a few more lkaers just handed to me :) so for those who cant add thats 14.6k acre's :)

Enjoy your day

Elohssa

GM of TBL
Shadow Dragons

Toad
Tiram

Posted: 2002-08-04 22:36     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
*sigh* (agrees with Eloh *wink*)

now...
Quote:
It's really sweet how ya Foret people can boast about "winning" based on the ranks alone when ya gonna be losing yer 20th kingdom to the scrolls of the Dead t'night.

Yet of those 20, three were me...er...it were me three times. So, really, it's only like 17 or something. Anyway, I don't like you any more Dustball (and you too, Nim!) :>P

~AGM of Cowardly Tactics for LKA~
INCA - TMI
old-fart

Elohssa
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-04 22:38     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
toad it's 16 kills and we only counted you once :)

GM of TBL
Shadow Dragons

Toad
Tiram

Posted: 2002-08-04 22:41     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
good to know your math is worse than mine, elo ;>)

and that I'm not foulin' ya up with all that dyin', tho

~AGM of Cowardly Tactics for LKA~
Cardinal of TMI
old-fart

[ This Message was edited by: Toad on 2002-08-04 22:42 ]

Elohssa
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-04 22:44     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
hey my math isnt that bad is it?

so what did i screw up anyhoo? *ponders*

and get online you hoe

GM of TBL
Shadow Dragons

Lady Dustball
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-04 23:05     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Quote:

On 2002-08-04 22:36, Toad wrote:

Yet of those 20, three were me...er...it were me three times. So, really, it's only like 17 or something. Anyway, I don't like you any more Dustball (and you too, Nim!) :>P

Huh what what did I do *sniffles* Oh was that guy we killed you Toad? Oooops Sorry will make sure you get more loving

(Zaknafein)
Siquan

Posted: 2002-08-04 23:27     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Okay slightly side-tracked with my last comment, I didn't meant we are winning. Throughout the war, I prefer the 'it's pretty even' stance.

As such though, the reason I brought this discussion up was for you to convince me you why you consider this a win for you.

Self-preservation and brining down the opponent - you need both to pull off a win, achieving one gets you a draw, achieving none meant you lost. You managed the latter objective so far but I fail to see you stop falling down the rankings yet. How then would you justify a win based on the model you put forward?

I would say you are approaching a draw which I had been saying the whole time.

LKA Pincushion

Nimue
Grandma

Posted: 2002-08-05 01:49     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Toad, if you really want to make my day you can let me kill you again if you want. I have no problems with that. *grins*

And if you dun want me hurting your newest one, try contacting me and I will consider it.

[edit]Elo, if they have lost 20 kingdoms and 3 of them were Toads, then that means we killed 18 different kingdoms, hun. (unless there were other multiple leader kills in there as well) lol

Nimue
co-GM-TMI~~~ co-GM of CoLD~~~INCA peon

[ This Message was edited by: Nimue on 2002-08-05 01:52 ]

Tara
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-05 06:34     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
The 20 kingdoms thing was just what I wanted the total LKA dead thus far to be after t'night.

But alas, we only had turns to kill 2 of LKA's top members t'night instead of 4 like I'd wanted. One by war kill, the other by scum kill. Yes, "Lestatdlioncourt" was scum killed, because he was LKA's highest-ranking member with 0 scum. Just simply used less turns to scum kill him.

By my list, that makes 18 dead LKA thus far.

Toad is counted ONCE on that list, only person that was counted twice is whoever restarted with the leadername "ColdEnchanted".. think that was Az ;>

Doesn't really seem possible that Toad was killed 3 times a'ready really *L* I don't think he could have played enough turns to get killed, restart, get killed again..three times *lol*

Someone mentioned before about how we might be wondering why LKA's ANW isn't going down as much as our's has, well that's because we've been killing LKA's kingdoms off rather than just hitting them down some. Dead kingdoms don't pull on the ANW like the rest do.

So I guess we'll just hav'ta go on killing more of yer kingdoms each night until this war is over.

Sig-line Removed.
September 11, 2001

Lady Dustball
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-06 00:43     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
*grins* Yeah I know about the killing of coldenchanted that was rather fun to see go down, Tara I do not know if you are counting the ones that CoLD has killed as well because I forget to message them about you hey is there a way to look up all the dead kingdoms so far?

When all else has fallen,
and things fall like they must,
there is little that is left
besides the rising of the Dust

HellForge
Siquan

Posted: 2002-08-06 01:17     Profile; Edit   Reply w/Quote
you thought killing cold enchanted is funny, well, i guess you overlook again the strategies....=)

Hell
"Trivia...how do u gain 250 turns in 1 day?"

Lady Dustball
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-06 05:35     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Why wouldn;t it be fun, this game is fun, killing old squadmates is fun, killing any kingdom is fun

Lady Dustball
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-06 05:37     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
As far as I know 2 deaths, and 2 that did not necessarily have to restart but did that is the stats from CoLDs side

[ This Message was edited by: Lady Dustball on 2002-08-06 05:43 ]

(Zaknafein)
Siquan

Posted: 2002-08-06 07:02     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I think there was a breakdown of communication somewhere along the lines there :)

Yes, I would just like everyone to know I confirm that there was only two CoLD deaths and generally we haven't done much to CoLD yet. Let it be known now and for all time. =)

LKA Pincushion

bdredman58
Tiram

Posted: 2002-08-06 10:19     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Hey i wanna twist things around so I win... KBR seems good at doing that. Ya'll must work for tabloids. Seriously are you guys spin doctors?

Now this preservation of self and destruction of others thing... according to you we are losing because we have achieved one and not the other. Also according to you, you guys won cause you have achieved one and not the other... im confused. When you look at it, we have fufilled those 2 things better than you cause we have lost less ANW than you (that would be the preservation of self) and vice versa that and you can see we have better fulfilled the destruction of others.

Now the 20 on 20 scenario... ok so LKA has 10 weak members and 10 strong ones left but our NW's are higher so we are fighting entrenched with some big damn machine guns, and our weaker members are up on top of building with some sniper rifles, while the 18 healthy KBR/TBL/CoLD troops are battling with some nice hand pistols... sure they do the damage, but ill take my snipers and machine guns.

I've got mail! YAAAAAAY!

Valid: RoD
Guilds: LKA
Castaway: FD

Im gonna marry Shakira

(Zaknafein)
Siquan

Posted: 2002-08-06 11:17     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Machine guns? Blah! Snipering rifles? HA!

Give me one Jimmy and I'll show you pain!

LKA Pincushion

[ This Message was edited by: (Zaknafein) on 2002-08-06 11:19 ]

( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic
Contact Us       Evernight Games

Copyright © 2001 TidalMark, Inc.