- Temper's Ball
- Guilds (OOC)

Thread Closed by Voice Fionn.
( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Author ISA vs TGH/Cadre/Legacy (cont)
Quick Draw
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-12 06:10     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Well I sing like a frog, and Im a little busy trying to pull my guilds butt out of a sling Calis.

But maybe I can have our infamous "Hot Foot" tap dancing troup give you a visit, lol.

"We must adjust to changing times and still hold to unchanging principles."
GM CADRE

Calis
Baron

Posted: 2002-08-12 06:12     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
*looks sadly at his acreage*

I think they already did.

Nymphsong
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-12 10:47     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
As spokesman for TGH I have a statement that sums up ISA' assualt:

OUCH

With that I shall retire and kill ...looks at the Calis licking his sores already ah haaaa....POUNCES!

Nymph

Stryfe
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-12 11:11     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
WheeeEEEeee.

ISA/SAO/OnceProgeny/NowBDSM
~Mors & Lare~ Unmatched in cuteness!
Wounds cover me from head to toe, from skin into soul. I bleed internally, externally, eternally.

Geothe
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-12 13:24     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
"Atleast I don't have to worry about my panties anymore. ISA took them with the land. I think I saw Geothe wearing them earlier"

Naw.. why would we want the damn things.... I think certain member(s) of your guild still have them.. just wadded up somewhere. ;-)

Fervent ALWAYS
Yes, we are that damn good!
ISA ...... I feel SOOO Dirty!!
Venus, the Embodiment of Human Perfection!

Desdemona
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-12 14:11     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
*looks really, really innocent*

Dysh an' Deeva an' alla the other folks...

....since it looks like Fervent isn't coming back, ya'll got any room in ISA for a wee ebony-haired, violet-eyed half-elf? I don't take up all that much room, I -do- play my kingdom AND I show up for warchats.

Calis
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-12 15:04     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I like you Desi, so I think we can fit ya ;>

You'd have to skip on this current war , I'm afraid. Don't want the heathens throwing a fit =p

from Pointy Sticks to ISA
LightG|MDark
Leif's so steamy my monitor blew
Liara's Husband, everyones whore

Tremordred
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-12 18:06     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
It is with some trepidation that I post here, lest my IQ or grammar come under fire. I can't think of a more traumatic experience than having these qualities questioned during a fantasy game. Its common knowledge that Horde leadership is based on understanding of linguistic syntax, not military strategy. Attacking us in this vulnerable area is cruel of you.

Some interesting propaganda to read. I shall post my analysis of it, and make suggestions for improvement in the near future when time permits. I am in no hurry as even the most die hard propagandist must realize that the percentage of their readership who approach these threads with an unbiased or undecided attitude is miniscule. Lets face it, if you're still reading at this point, you are already in the minority.

I think of propaganda as RP. Generally, its interesting to read and the fact that its amateurish doesn't take away from its enjoyability. Its rare that I have time to engage in either, but I shall make an effort.

Before us we have two competing versions of reality. How to decide between them? Of course, its an academic question; the only real answer being 'who gives a shit.' Grammarians please note my correct use of a semi colon in the previous sentence.

First I would ask the reader to put themselves in the place of Horde leadership just prior to this war to better understand our point of view.

At that point, when Rovers and FL declared peace, the only guild that could attack us was ISA. Similarly, we had to be part of their target selection. Attacking Isonia would have been ridiculous of them. They had just warred Enema and they can't attack DoW.

What's ironic is that the only guild that could reasonably attack us, and the only guild that ISA could reasonably attack - have never fought despite being in seperate faiths for longer than most people's time here.

Now ask yourself this - if TGH is so underhanded as to pretend to be in war, and so diplomatically skilled as to compel Ramar, an Isonian GM, to lie in TB about when our war ended - surely we could have extended our NAP with ISA?

What possible better defence could we have than to NAP with the only guild that could attack us? You think a better defence is to pretend to be in war, and hope that will save us from a faith whose last two attacks on us occured when we were at war?

If we were going to lie - why not extend the NAP with ISA, and then backstab them? Offensively - thats the best option. Our best defence of course would be to extend the NAP and avoid them.

If this were a war, and not a wargame, then either of those options would have been best. However, because this is a wargame, such a boring and stifling choice was rejected. What a boring and pointless age if TGH and ISA could not fight. As I said before, TGH's decision was not based on a new negative attitude toward ISA, but a result of the fact that Foret is no longer the size of both other faiths combined. There simply aren't the targets to make this NAP anything but an excuse to hide from true competition. I don't see the point in achieving ranking through diplomacy and deceit. If I wanted to put that much effort into lying, and I worshipped numbers that much - what the hell am I doing here instead of the stock market?

So I find it quite unnecessarily insulting that ISA leadership should choose the propaganda that they have. Given that the NAP no longer exists because of the choice of TGH - it seems very unlikely that TGH would choose to hide in a fake war when continuing the NAP would have been infinitely easier and infinitely more successful as a defence. Furthermore, both ISA and TGH have motivation to lie - but what motivation does Ramar have to lie on our behalf concerning the timing of the end of our war?

Given the history behind these two guilds, some leaders are disappointed that it had to begin in this manner. Personally, I never really understood the need for such a NAP. I would much rather fight a friend than someone I found obnoxious. War is quite an intimate act. You think about them, you read their posts, you communicate with them etc. I definitely would have instigated a war between LA and TGH a year ago (the one age when TGH was Isonian) if not for the fact that Foret numbers would have made that war a disaster for our faiths. It would have been a laugh, and I regret that missed opportunity. Of course, I would have wanted a real war, not a cynical first strike buttressed by propaganda support. That would have been a waste of time.

Some of us were disappointed by the timing of the strike, others by the position taken excusing the timing, while still others weren't disappointed because we have such low expectations from others. None of this has any actual impact on anything of consequence as far as I am concerned. It can be fun wasting time on it however while I wait for my beer to reach optimum consumption temperature.

That being said, time restricts me from performing proper analyis of ISA propaganda today. I am not overly interested in competing in a propaganda war as I honestly am not too excited by the level of competition seen to date. However, I do intend to employ examples from this war's propaganda rather than speak in the purely theoretical. People conduct lengthy research on war, scum and sorc - so now its time to analyze propaganda in a thorough fashion. This will be a good thread to start this process in - as there are excellent examples of both weak and strong propaganda. I am hoping to see more propaganda posted, the more examples the better, I don't want to have to make up theoretical examples with no context. I think if the community moves toward a better understanding of the different types of propagada, and the most effective means of rebuttal and surrebuttal thereto, the boards will be more interesting to read and the playing field somewhat levelled. Have a nice day.

Korayn
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-12 18:22     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Quote:
Atleast I don't have to worry about my panties anymore. ISA took them with the land. I think I saw Geothe wearing them earlier

Trust me. Geothe doesn't wear panties ;)

I lost my voice.
Surprisingly ISA

Mickal14
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-12 19:50     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I think Geothe does.
He has to.. cause why else would he have left my guild if not for sexua persecution?

Co-Creator of Legacy
A crazy weirdo of FoM

"It's a challenge in the face of something so vast and so dark, that all the pain on earth comes from that thing you face now."

Grunt
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-12 19:59     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I confess I stole the panties to carrie my beatles in great track marks :)

Official Dung of The Golden Horde
Grunt Like War
Serpent and xeIOM
Death is Inevitable Life is how you face it

Calis
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-12 20:07     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Trem - I need to read that once I get new contacts lol.

It -really- is starting to suck that I can't read long posts like that. The words just start blurring.

Bah.

I have the panties.

LightG|MDark

Grunt
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-12 20:12     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
takes calis's last 500 acres to retreive beetles

Grunt Like War
Serpent and xeIOM
Death is Inevitable Life is how you face it

Stamar
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-12 21:01     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I have a very short attention span. So I didnt read any of the last 100 posts about whowhatwhere.

But I do have this to say to isa Straight from mario

And theres more where that came from!

Con_dorite
Tiram

Posted: 2002-08-12 21:03     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
LOL@ stam...thats just flippin funny

I'm sorry for what I done.
I deserve it.I hope Jesus forgives me.
I'm tingling all over.

TGH(KICK ASS)

Tremordred
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-12 21:49     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Calis - I had you at 'It'

Don't be all coy. Every word I wrote is etched on your brain as if you had been staring at the sun. You will wake up screaming those words. They will issue unbidden to your mouth when next you speak to the McDonalds Drive-Thru machine. When you sign a cheque, your hand will write those words. If you pull off a scab, you will find those words indelibly inked onto your subdermal tissue. They are your national anthem, your Lord's Prayer. Reverse your welcome mat - and see them looking up at you. Those words will appear on every Valentine Days Card you ever receive. Take off your ring, throw it in the fire, and see those words appear in the language of Mordor.

Radic
Tiram

Posted: 2002-08-12 22:06     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
That was one funny a** post Trem.

and thanks for rescuing the panties Grunt. Uhh, what are those things doing in them?

Dysh
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-12 22:28     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
So narrow minded.

Very disappointed in some of you ex-Letos.

I am still broz and friends with my buddies in TGH.

Like you TGH never hit a strike like we did to you before.

-shrugs-

Whats the point being argued?

Yes, I DO NOT deny Rovers kept hitting TGH. Like one of my bro told me on ICQ. HE got 30 hits that day before ISA hit him. And I asked him for damages. He said pretty much none.

I have already said YES YOU TGH were at war with Rovers but they have DONE pretty much NONE damages at you.

I mean jesus for fucking christ. Like all that matter this much? Its not like we hit you in a middle of huge war.. and it's not a one side war. Fuck man. Look at your first stirke at the Iso. Show the numbers here. You TGH hit down. And so what? -shrugs- Want to compare your last war and this war?

The Leto spirit of just and Let's war anything. Let's play and kick some ass. Where has it gone to???

You guys kept fucking bitch at Fervent or others. Kept talk about propaganda.. and all that bull shit. And you turned yourself into one like what you dislike. I realize not all tGH are like that but shit man. Even to us ISA and to me you guys have to act like that? Fuck. Fucking disappointed. I wanted to keep things cool I want to end all the bullshit.. but fucking hell. You guys just won't let go of it.

If you want me to flip then fucking bring it.

-shrugs-

ISAers, stop arguing with TGHers. Fucking waste of time. We kept stepping back but I am warning you that stop pushing. There is a limit.

Sorry Wretch, Grunt, Snake, and Matty. Some of the TGH players are starting to piss me off.

Quit it man. All of us ain't playing this game for the first day. Cut the crap dude. It's us ISA.
Alrite. I am mummbling too much now.
Fuck I'll edit it later.

gatta go. ISAers, lets just fight. Good job so far. Keep up the pressure.

[ This Message was edited by: Dysh on 2002-08-12 22:31 ]

Calis
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-12 22:34     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
That broke my heart.

We're your long lost love, TGH. Let's forget our differences and just...love each other.

*giggles at Trem's last post*

LightG|MDark

Grunt
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-12 22:59     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
snuggles by the fire
foret temples
opponents not enemies