- Temper's Ball
- Guilds (OOC)

( 1 | 2 | 3 )
Author This is the War that Never Ends... (LKA vs KBR/CoLD/TBL)
Katalyna
Viscount

Posted: 2002-08-13 04:58     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
"It just goes on and on my friend... some people started fighting it, not knowing what peace was, and now they keep on fighting it forever just because... This is the war that never ends..."

Well, here is the thread as Tara has promised. *grins impishly*

First off, Az was comin' to us, tellin' us that LKA wanted 5 days cease fire, and then the declaration of peace.

As y'all can tell, the answer was a resounding no, hence why we're -still- at war.

(Gee, and here I thought that this -might- be over with 'fore I get back to Ohio.)

Anyways, us ladies of TBL, CoLD and KBR got together t'night and tracked down Dema, and decided we wanted to let LKA know our terms fer peace. Simply put.

Of course, there was the standard of running around trying the various chat modes before we settled on AIM chat. There's a nifty lil' thing fer ya ;p

Of course the wench with the trout had some problems, but she made it in, and we flat out told our terms, and what isn't acceptable.

No five days of cease fire before declaring peace to TB and the world. That's just a bit silly to the rest of us.

Since we got that out of the way, we then decided that cease fires weren't even our cup o' tea, so to speak. Straight peace, the standard 2 weeks or whatever. That can be decided upon later, just no more of this cease fire business.

Buildin' up is nice and all, but we're so low on the rankings that it's almost to the point to where somethin' like that wouldn't matter, in my opinion.

So flat out peace, that's our terms. Oh, and I want Hellforge to apologize t' me on the boards. *nods* Just a simple 'sorry' will do, but an apology -would- be nice.

:) An' there ya have it.

*EDIT* On account of the fact that I just got info that Zak was from Aussieland, I'm also tacking on a demand for Tim Tams to be shipped directly to me. *weg*

~If you wanna kiss the sky better learn how to kneel...
On yer knees, boy.~

~BDSM~ - ~KBR~ - ~RONIN~

[ This Message was edited by: Katalyna on 2002-08-13 05:05 ]

Lady Dustball
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-13 05:16     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Quote:

On 2002-08-13 04:50, (Zaknafein) wrote:
[blue]So Dema had to deal with three pissed off female GMs on his first official diplomatic outing, the poor sod. The least you could had done was go easy on him ;P

Az really is quite inactive the last few days, me and Tagore had been doing the banner and such since Friday.

{/blue]

That is not any type of out that is utter bull crap, if he was any real power or trusted member he would not hve to go running back to wait for Az oh wait what do I know I actually trust my agms to have a brain

When all else has fallen,
and things fall like they must,
there is little that is left
besides the rising of the Dust

HellForge
Siquan

Posted: 2002-08-13 05:31     Profile; Edit   Reply w/Quote
hey guys, had any guild war lasted in one age? its nice to be part of history if we are going to have one...=)

btw, katalyna, what do u think my intentions are? no assumptions nor association pls, base on facts..=)

Hell

Tara
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-13 05:50     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Hellforge, we have no problem at all with staying in this war with LKA. Not a single little bit. Remember, LKA is the one that started askin about peace, not us.

As for Katalyna's apology. Whatever yer intentions are doesn't matter. All that BS about the IRC thing never even needed to be brought up on the boards in the first place. Only reason it was, seems to us anyway, was to take a dig at Kat. That wasn't cool, apology is definitely warranted on that one.

Katalyna
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-13 05:54     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Quote:
btw, katalyna, what do u think my intentions are? no assumptions nor association pls, base on facts..=)

Does it really matter now? I mean, seriously... you imitated me, and your intentions aren't even a point anymore. In previous posts I have stated that I'm sure your intentions weren't meant to harm, and I still think that way. However, an apology would be nice.

*shrugs*

Soshite bokutachi wa mata aeru hazu sa
Kokoro wa sugu soba ni iru
Donna ni hanarete itemo...

~ RONIN ~ PMS ~

HellForge
Siquan

Posted: 2002-08-13 06:27     Profile; Edit   Reply w/Quote
things are getting bossy here...cool down. i posted in good faith ok. im not even trying to tease you this time.

let's answer the question pls( add this..imitate in what way?), lets talk about facts, not emotions. as you can see, ur not seeing my reactions now. ur just making assumptions on what i post previously.

i think this is the problem with forums like this, it is open to various interpretations, assumptions, that's why emotion runs free. and quite frankly, its getting personal sometimes, dont you agree?

Hell

Tara
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-13 06:36     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
She's not being bossy.

Just say "Sorry" a'ready, geez.

Katalyna
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-13 06:50     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Hours later it seems...

Rejoice, for lo, peace has finally been reached. (About bloody time too!)

Immediate peace, no ceasefire. Standard 2 week NAP. Effective 7 AM Canon time, yadda yadda yadda. Oh yes... and no bad mouthing on either side *smiles sweetly*

Oh yeah. Zak has to send me tim tams. *ducks!*

LKA - y'all have been worthy opponents, as always, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to participate in this the way I would have liked to. Had a lot of fun, thanks for the war.

==========================

Hellforge -

I already told you what I thought your intentions were. Of course what I said will be colored by what you have presented to me on your previous posts.

My posts have been anything -but- emotional. If you would like to see emotional, I can certainly get emotional, and I can guarantee you that it won't be nearly as much fun if I were to.

As for 'problem with forums like this' - if you don't like it, you don't have to read or post on these boards. Freedom of expression is valued here, and that's why SoulDemon and Decae have fought to make sure that we could have a fun time on these boards and be able to express ourselves as fully as the limits will allow. (Yes, there are rules, and those are there for reasons). You pay money to help make sure that we can maintain our freedom of expression here. As for posts getting emotional - it'd be pretty boring if we were all unemotional, wouldn't it?

When you have people around here and all these people post, things are bound to get personal. Don't like it? You don't have to read these boards.

And to quote Tara:

Quote:
Just say "Sorry" a'ready, geez

Dude, that's all I want.

~If you wanna kiss the sky better learn how to kneel...
On yer knees, boy.~

~BDSM~ - ~KBR~ - ~RONIN~

[ This Message was edited by: Katalyna on 2002-08-13 08:42 ]

(Zaknafein)
Siquan

Posted: 2002-08-13 06:56     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Hellforge, just apologise. It took me a while to understand Kat's reasoning. The fact of the matter is this thing has become public knowledge and since the alt 'Katalyna' belongs to someone else, you need to apologise for using her alt without her permission.

Now apologise! A one word post would do, along the lines of just:
Quote:
sorry

She said that would do *nodsnod* ;)

LKA Pincushion
First snow, then silence.
This thousand echo scream dies so beautifully

(Zaknafein)
Siquan

Posted: 2002-08-13 07:04     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
What the??? Since when did I agree to sending Tim Tams?!!! The deals off!

The 'War of the Tim Tams' shall now resume! :P

Nice war if not too long, I learned quite a few useful things.

TBL/KBR/CoLD were ferocius killers, I must admit :) Looking forward to next =)

*slowly slips a Tim Tam out of it's pack in front of Kat and eats it with mighty slowness*

;P

LKA Pincushion
First snow, then silence.
This thousand echo scream dies so beautifully

Tara
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-13 07:25     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I have no idea what a Tim Tam is.

I'm not entirely certain I even want to know.

Well-fought war, good long an' hard just like we like it around here heheh

That's about it I guess. A'rebuilding we will go.

See ya around, LKA, I'm sure. Isonia knows, LKA an' TBL hav'ta have at least two 2-week-long wars each Age right? *L* Maybe I can dust off a few old members in the meantime, drag them kickin an' screamin back ta play so we might go at it one on one next time, we'll see *eg*

Katalyna
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-13 07:40     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
*giggles at Zak and fishes around*

I knew LadyCat had my praline and hazelnut Tim Tams somewhere!

*nibbles on her own tim tam and cackles*

It was a fun war. :p Arguin' for peace was even not that bad.

I think I should go pass out though. It's getting late, and my eyes are playing tricks on me. *lol*

Soshite bokutachi wa mata aeru hazu sa
Kokoro wa sugu soba ni iru
Donna ni hanarete itemo...

~ RONIN ~ PMS ~

LeoEire
Solera

Posted: 2002-08-13 08:43     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Lady Dusty or dustball or wotever sed:
"if he was any real power or trusted member he would not hve to go running back to wait for Az oh wait what do I know I actually trust my agms to have a brain "

I'm pretty sure LKA trusts him, even with his slight eccentricacies,(I spelt that wrong I know, I know) and if he's called an AGM he is an AGM..
However, of the three iso guilds only TBL is comparable in size to LKA so for KBR and COLD it's may be easier just to come along and decide off your own bat that the terms are good and that's that.. But with LKA ranging from, normally, a min of 35/36 and up to 40+ members you're going to get some pissed off heads if plenipotetiaries are rambling around on AIM while you sleep on the other side of the world.
For example I would have preferred to keep going...
(Nobody ever asks me anything tho' except where have I been and why don't I turn up more often.. hummph..)

Elohssa... (No more to say coz you know my response... Hehe..)

Lost Knight I'm gonna thwap you good and bad m'ah boy...

~~ Lost Knights Alliance ~~
~~ AGM Scum - DEAD ~~
'Death is lighter than a feahter: duty, heavier than a mountain.'

Winders
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-13 09:32     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
You ask what tim-tams are?

http://www.arnotts.com/Biscuits/OurBiscuitsP.asp?BID=79

You dunno what you're missing *drools all over keyboard*

dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
AGM Pasties & Diplomacy ~ LoF
IN ~ DF

bdredman58
Tiram

Posted: 2002-08-13 09:59     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Maybe its cause im from Wisconsin, but i dont know what a TIm-Tam is either, I know what a Tam-Tam is (i know cause im a french major) but yeah...

Nice war i guess. I had a good time getting back into the war thing. The Buffalo still gots it in him a little bit :) Good luck the rest of the age ya'll.

And if you didn't know, the war is over, yo ucan stop talking the childish trash now.

I've got mail! YAAAAAAY!

Valid: RoD
Guilds: LKA
Castaway: FD

Im gonna marry Shakira

Lady Dustball
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-13 13:58     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Quote:

On 2002-08-13 08:43, LeoEire wrote:
Lady Dusty or dustball or wotever sed:
"if he was any real power or trusted member he would not hve to go running back to wait for Az oh wait what do I know I actually trust my agms to have a brain "

I'm pretty sure LKA trusts him, even with his slight eccentricacies,(I spelt that wrong I know, I know) and if he's called an AGM he is an AGM..
However, of the three iso guilds only TBL is comparable in size to LKA so for KBR and COLD it's may be easier just to come along and decide off your own bat that the terms are good and that's that.. But with LKA ranging from, normally, a min of 35/36 and up to 40+ members you're going to get some pissed off heads if plenipotetiaries are rambling around on AIM while you sleep on the other side of the world.

What I am saying is what good is an AGM of Diplomacy if he is given no powers, last age I had about 22 members at some point and still then my agms were trusted enough to do the jobs I claim was thiers. All I am saying is you guys are lead to believe you have trusted members that are not truly trust, but do you really want to go there? Leo I know plenty of how diverse LKA's members are in from where they are from, and this was not a shot at LKA as a whole but on a GM who says he has trusted people who can handle things, and then after spending time talking to him what he has to wait to go running back to Az who has not even been around, my time online is not as much as it used to be, and that is another reason the people I give responsibility to actually have responsibilities. Last age my agm of war picked a war and off we went, then when I was not online but for a few minutes to a few hours a day my agms ran things for me. Is it so hard to comprehend usually and AGM of Diplomacy should have the powers that the title speaks? Oh but what should I know I have only been playing this game on and off for a few years now, and oh I was only doing agm of diplomacy back in Monarchy for a guild I was in

Have a title that is worthless if the person is not allowed to do the job it is as simple as that
------------------------------

LKA it was a good war, was fun seeing some old guild mates from my short lived life in LKA.

KBR and TBL was a pleasure working with you guys

When all else has fallen,
and things fall like they must,
there is little that is left
besides the rising of the Dust

Thyarr
Mr. Evernight

Posted: 2002-08-13 14:21     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
That was long.

LKA, it was interesting :)

Tim-Tams are girl scout cookies on speed. :)

*goes to start rebuilding*

-Thyarr | BDSM ENeMA
and this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.

Nitemare
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-13 14:38     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
We're done???? We're actually done?! Oh thank Foret!!!!

lol...

Great war guys! Seems like that I did remember how to play the game! Hey Tara, can I still get that welcome party?

Pweeeeeaaaasssseeee?!!!!

Victory is sweet, but to see your enemies BLEED is even sweeter...
ORB's Worst Nitemare
I am the true Demon of the ~HUMAN~
LKA[/storm]

Ike
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-13 16:50     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I still don't see why he should apologize. If it was me I would never agree to do so. An apology would imply that what you've done was wrong. A joke is not fucking wrong. It may be in bad taste, it may offend someone somewhere, but he shouldn't have to apologize for a little joke he didn't even play while you were around and wasn't insulting or offensive in any way.

Unless he did something hurtful towards you or another person or race or creed or some other bizarre shit that you're painting this as, he shouldn't apologize. But he didn't. He wanted to be humorous, and from the posts I've seen from the people who were actually there, it appears that he succeeded.

You're only doing this because you're sensitive about things you've done in the past. Well, guess what? No one fucking cares anymore besides you. Get over it.

And Hellforge, don't ever apologize. It sounded funny as hell to me.

Some people need a god damned sense of humor.

ENeMA SoCK LOSERFATS Progeny
It's better to be in ENeMA than for ENeMA to be in you.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't screw with people who throw stones.

[ This Message was edited by: Ike on 2002-08-13 17:16 ]

DemaM
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-13 21:38     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
The Lord Ike has spoken! Obey his command... and maybe i can get janet and allen off my screen!

About Peace talks, Az already discussed peace with you guys, Appearently he already had something in mind. Im sure if I decalered peace, we would abide by it. And hardly anyone one be angry with me.

If your time was valuable, you shouldn't have attended... I told you I wasn't going to do anything but relay it over to Az (If I ever got the chance to... grr...)

Last night, my wonderful modem started screwing up... I got a differen't one, now... SO sorry about "leaving" without telling you guys what the heck was up... I didn't get a chance to...

My job is to cause people to bitch, then try to make them happy... Geeze, don't you guy know what dipolomacy is....

All in the name of the Lost
LKA
Dema Makhan

AGM of Diplomacy

( 1 | 2 | 3 )
Lock this TopicMove this Topic Delete this Topic
Contact Us       Evernight Games

Copyright © 2001 TidalMark, Inc.