Dorothy L. Cady
TECHNICAL WRITER and PUBLISHING EDITOR
(KeyLabs, Inc. - Nov. 1998 to present, Lindon, Utah)
Primarily responsible for writing marketing materials, writing and publishing the company's online newsletter, updating and developing new technical content on the company's Web pages, and writing/editing various other corporate documents including software documentation, product reports, etc.
TECHNICAL WRITER IV
(Novell, Inc. - Aug. 1990 to Mar. 1995, and Aug. 1997 to Oct. 1998, Provo, Utah)
Primarily responsible for conducting product engineering research, developing outlines, writing documentation plans, and the writing as well as on-time delivery of user documentation in HTML and WinHelp formats using Adobe FrameBuilder, Adobe FrameMaker+ SGML, WordPerfect, Word for Windows, and ForeHelp following departmental content models and using departmental templates. Product assignments included NetWare 5, NetWare for Small Business 4.2, NetWare for Growing Business 4.2, and Z.E.N.works 1.0 through 1.1.
Also primarily responsible for developing SDK documentation using WordPerfect and Adobe Frame templates and other engineering documentation for internal use. Duties included researching, testing, and learning the internal workings of the product being developed so as to successfully write the related internal documentation. Duties also included editorial review of other technical writer's internal documentation, and some limited review of C and C++ code. Assigned to the team developing the NetWare client for NetWare 4.0, the installation team, and the Personal NetWare team. Used WordPerfect, FrameMaker, and other tools as needed for documentation production.
DOCUMENTATION TESTER/TEAM LEADER
(Novell, Inc.-Aug. 1990 to Oct. 1992 Provo)
Primarily responsible for testing user documentation against actual software products for NetWare 2.2, 3.x, and 4.x. Also responsible for entering software bugs into what was then the equivalent of WNETS, regressing software and documentation bugs, developing documentation testing suites and plans, leading the documentation testing team, determining testing needs for products, making testing assignments, and ensuring issues were brought before management when there was a potential problem to be solved.
(ZZSoft, Inc. - Mar. 1997 to Aug. 1997, Orem, Utah)
Full responsibility for writing, editing, and publishing the user documentation for this company's software product. Developed, wrote, and coded the HTML documentation using Kenn Nesbitt's WebEdit software, and developed and produced the printed documentation using Adobe FrameMaker.
COURT AUTOMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER
(Mohave County Courts - May 1996 to Feb. 1997 Kingman, Arizona)
Primarily responsible for the administration of a 130+ user Novell NetWare 4.10 network with a PSI FACTS database server running on a RISC 6000 computer with an UNIX AIX operating system. Also primarily responsible for documenting court automation tasks, training users on the FACTS custom software and various types of off-the-shelf software products such as WordPerfect 6.10
CERTIFIED NOVELL INSTRUCTOR
(Training Solutions - July 1995 to May 1996 Mesa, AZ)
Primarily responsible for teaching Novell NetWare 3.12, and 4.10 courses including Administration, Advanced Administration, Design & Implementation, and other courses as needed. My average student evaluation score was 6.0+ out of a possible 7.
- Certified Novell Instructor (CNI). Novell, Inc.1993, concentration in NetWare 3.x/4.x.
- Master Certified Novell Engineer (MCNE). Novell, Inc. 1995, in NetWare 4.x.
- Enterprise Certified Novell Engineer (ECNE). Novell, Inc. 1994, concentration in NetWare 3.x.
- Bachelor of Science. Donsbach University. 1988, with concentrations in nutrition and administration.
- Bachelor of Science Computer Software. Regents College. (Approximately two years credits towards, not yet complete)
- Associate of Arts. West Los Angeles College. 1981, accounting, with a minor in computer science.
- FrameMaker+ SGML
- Word for Windows
- Windows 3.1x, 95, and NT
- C Programming
- HTML programming
- Web page design and development
- NetWare 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, Personal NetWare, Z.E.N.works, and NetWare for Small Business
- NetWare 2x and NetWare 4x network administration experience
- Published author with over 14 books to my name (the most recent of which include: Accelerated NetWare 5 CNA Study Guide, and the Accelerated NetWare 5 CNE Study Guide, both from McGraw-Hill