- Temper's Ball
- Events

Thread Closed by Voice Circe.
( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Author Event ideas.
clark the second
Tiram

Posted: 2001-07-30 17:35     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Dancer, that is not possible at all. because a 5 member guild would be having great advantage over a 40 member guild.

For maxim, there should be some RP events. Like you have a thread where u create a character in detail first (meaning u actually write it out - like u write a charter for a guild, similarly) and play that all along.

There can be 15 turns for the best/funniest written character.

There could be turns for being able to make one of the other players go for a post which does not suit her character.

And there can be turns for the person whose entire conversation suits his character best. (The last will be difficult to judge - so a voting of all the participants can be done.)

The rules need to be more well-defined than what i just wrote here - but it is worth a try

Madmax
Solera

Posted: 2001-07-30 17:49     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
A Kingdom epitaph event; the best/most amusing epitaph for a deleted/defeated kingdom; I.e. "Here lies ******* it brought more pleasure to the world than Japanese Panty Bondage".

Or something like that...

Wolf Brother
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/boards/tbarchive/viewtopic.php on line 223

Posted: 2001-08-01 06:31     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Spin on an event run last age. by one of the Seer's i think. Have a make a web page comp. You give the people say a week to sign up. Once they have signed up then you select a topic. once that happens the people can start to design and build them. <BR> <BR>to make it fair have levels, like for people who don't know much html, for people who know html, and for people who know about html, javascript, php, perl asp.. etc. <BR> <BR>They would have say.. 2-3 weeks to build it and get all the bugs out then they would be judged. <BR> <BR>They would be judged on basic design concepts, like the use of white space size, scale, easy to navigate, hase good eye candy stuff, good load time. <BR> <BR>(This is <!-- BBCode Start --><B>not</B><!-- BBCode End --> a make a guild web site.) <BR>Sorry about the spelling it's late, and i'm off to bed.

The Decrepit Avatar
we're not following Blacklock, we're following the sun, it just so happens that the sun shines out his back side.

Voice Circe
Voice

Posted: 2001-08-17 02:26     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Clark, 15 turns. I like the idea and will be implementing it. See the Winners thread r claiming turns. <BR> <BR>

Essence
Ominar

Posted: 2001-08-18 01:40     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I have two ideas... actually, several, but two that I'm putting here. <BR> <BR>One event could give a situation that a character is in, and within about 2-5 paragraphs the contestants have to post how their character reacts to the situation. It wouldn't be interactive among the players, just different views. <BR> <BR>The second is a best RP thing, but for posts- players would submit a section of thier RP, however long it might be, just as long as it's what they wrote and doesn't skip over someone else's post (so as not to have huge sections of an RP in here) and the posts would be judged on originality and creativity, amusement, style, etc. <BR> <BR>And another top ten list event would be fun, I missed the first one.

The mists of time I lay to shroud thee
And into the darkness you attempt to flee
An obstruction to my destruction, just give yourself to me

Prophecy

Arhamehah
Solera

Posted: 2001-08-20 12:53     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
There seems to be interest in RP-style events. <BR> <BR>Perhaps a few one-line RP events would be good :) <BR> <BR>Or maybe a live RP event on IRC. <BR> <BR><!-- BBCode Start --><FONT COLOR=silver>Erbrich Arhamehah</FONT><!-- BBCode End --> <BR><!-- BBCode Start --><FONT COLOR=CC9966>Hadrurus Pallidus- Guilds</FONT><!-- BBCode End --><BR><BR><center><font face=arial color=CC9966 size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: Arhamehah on 2001-08-20 12:54 ]</font></center>

Sylvas
Ominar

Posted: 2001-08-21 02:03     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I remember a event from monarchy that I thought was a lot of fun. <BR> <BR>It was a jello war set on an island and you would RP your jello battles against other players. Turns could be given for best RP, best death (your own of course), and any other catagorys that you like.

ENeMA AGM
Dare to be different!!!

Will surf for food
SHH!!! The voices in my head are asleep

Madmax
Solera

Posted: 2001-08-22 10:32     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
How about a punning competition. <BR> <BR>A subject is announced. Turns are awarded to the person who can produce the highest number, most original and most cringe-making puns on that subject. <BR> <BR>{An event I modestly believe that I would have a reasonable chance of winning)

The Truth about the 'War Against Terrorism' Is That it Will Be A War To Terrorise The Poor.

Voice Talon
Voice

Posted: 2001-08-22 14:48     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Arhamehah, 15 turns on your one-line RPs.

I eat penguins for breakfast.

Gerien
Ominar

Posted: 2001-08-24 11:30     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Or a one sentence RP round robin. Start off with a single sentence, and each poster adds one sentence to the thread at a time. (You have to wait for a different poster before you can post again.) <BR>Points for the most original lines, the most evocative writing style, the most creative response to a previous sentence, the smoothest transition to another idea, etc...

Hatred
Voice

Posted: 2001-08-31 10:57     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I have a most wonderful idea. A Praise Hatred event. Who ever praises me the best wins. So simple an easy. So whatcha think? <BR> <BR>;&gt;

*** Hate Is, Therefore I Am ***

Patron Saint of Isonia

Nystagmus
Tiram

Posted: 2001-08-31 14:19     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
An 'alternative explanations for common phrases' event; <BR> <BR>For example, the expression 'She goes like a train' could actually mean that she sets off late, arrives late and is prone to regular breakdowns.

The Spinning Eyeball Is Watching You!

Gerien
Ominar

Posted: 2001-08-31 21:50     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE> <BR>On 2001-07-27 00:55, Liu wrote: <BR>Kind of a variation on Treznor's suggestion, the best/funniest excuses used by a scummer when caught. For example, &quot;I was looking for my lost puppy&quot; <BR> <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End --> <BR> <BR> <BR>If nothing else, this idea has kept me from getting killed in retaliation for scouting at least 4 times already! Thanks, Liu.

Kroom
Solera

Posted: 2001-09-01 00:57     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE> <BR>On 2001-08-31 10:57, Hatred wrote: <BR>I have a most wonderful idea. A Praise Hatred event. Who ever praises me the best wins. So simple an easy. So whatcha think? <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End --> <BR> <BR>The only one who would enter the event can grant him self all the turns he wants already! ;P

Why settle for a lesser evil?

Velveteen
Solera

Posted: 2001-09-01 01:10     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Mine seems to have disappeared. (Or I'm blind) <BR> <BR>Icon creating contest for the new game. One for each of the gangster families, perhaps?

I will give the secrets you request
But you will be the one to sacrifice
So lay your olive arms upon my breast
and sing the poems. Free the butterflies

Voice Caile
Voice

Posted: 2001-09-02 09:11     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
This is the Canon events currently Velveteen. Once we get an events forum up for the other's we'll start asking for them. <BR> <BR>Good idea though.

The naked Seer with the Barqs addiction!
Holden made me giggle!
Love me, love my Harem.

Pistol
Venrii

Posted: 2001-09-02 13:23     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Possibly have a competition running like this <BR> <BR>Someone asks an opening trivia question, whoever answers it correctly asks the next question. <BR> <BR>If no-one guesses your question in say a day you get some turns and the opportunity to ask another question. <BR> <BR>If someone gets your question right then you get nothing. It would be a two fold event - you need to be able to get a question correct and think up a question that no one else will be able to answer within the time limit.

Land of Hope and Glory
Mother of the Free
England

Haawkson
Ominar

Posted: 2001-09-02 17:14     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
i dont know, maybe an icon scavenger hunt. YOu name an icon(a description and figure out who its from) <BR> <BR>use an older one <BR> <BR>the only prob is there might not be enough of them <BR> <BR>use like decaes and SD's old ones, maybe some other famous figures too

The Chosen Radel
Siquan

Posted: 2001-09-04 05:04     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
How about a &quot;Come up with an event&quot; event. <BR> <BR>15 turns could be awarded to anyones &quot;Event&quot; that is used. <BR> <BR>*looks around*

Don't mess with the bandsaw.... &lt;BR&gt;I AINT DICKIN' AROUND &lt;BR&gt; Forward the FOUNDATION

Haawkson
Ominar

Posted: 2001-09-04 10:10     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
you won chosen rebel! <BR> <BR>sorry, the turns wont be implemented UNTIL the first event. <BR> <BR>sorryyy:) <BR> <BR>

( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic
Contact Us       Evernight Games

Copyright © 2001 TidalMark, Inc.