- Temper's Ball
- Guilds (RP)

( 1 | 2 | 3 )
Author Faith Quest (Open to Isonian guilds)~WE~
Ashley DeWinter
Baron

Posted: 2002-05-14 16:42     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Lady Ashley DeWinter sat at her desk in the study of the great Citadel of Virtue. Her emotions were undreadable upon her face as the sound of her quill scratching upon a piece of parchment filled the room as she wrote.

Through the windows behind Ashley, the last rays of the setting sun shone into the room. They embraced her with their warmth and created a glowing burnished gold aura about her. Finally, as hte last ray had vanished, the scratching sound of Ashley's quill fell silent. Carefully, she placed a light layer of sand over the parchment to blot up any excess ink. She then gently lifted the parchment from the desk so that the sand could fall off of it. Blowing lightly to rid the parchment of the last few stubborn grains of sand, a slight smile finally crossed over her face.

Ashley placed a drop of hot purple wax upon the parchment and pressed her signet ring into the wax before it had cooled. Thus signed,and sealed, the missive was ready to be magically reproduced and sent not only to each member of the Sword of Virtue (SoV), but to the entire Isonian faith. The offer would be open to every person regardless of race, to take a part.....as long as they held Isonia dearer to themselves than anything in the world.....including their lives.

Ashley rang a bell and a servant appeared almost immediately. In a quietly commanding voice, she spoke to the servant.

Take this missive to the Tower of Sorcery and tell them that I want copies sent to each of the Isonian guilds and I want it done within 24 hours. I don't care if every sorceror in the guild has to work through the night......I want it done! Leave me now, you have your orders.

The servant raised his fist to his chest and then to his forehead in the ancient gesture of fealty, before backing quickly from the room.

IN THE TOWER OF SORCERY

The old sorceror Hagen, had just finished pouring over an ancient grimoire and he rubbed tiredly at his eyes as he rose from the desk within his office. He stretched his ancient bones, trying to work several hours of stiffness from them.....from sitting in the same position for too long. Suddenly a breathless servant burst into his office, bearing an important-looking piece of parchment.

Hagen's initial irritation this sudden intrusion was forgotten as he spied Lady Ashley's signature and seal upon the missive. As he began to read it, his furry eyebrows arched in surprise as he listened to the commands the servant relayed. Muttering something incomprehensible under his breath, Hagen nodded his head and dismissed the servant with a wave of his hand.

The old sorceror knew the amount of work and time that was involved in complying with his orders and he sighed heavily as he headed off to gather the most accomplished sorcerors to set about the night's task.

Once the sorcerors were gathered, Hagen set about explaining their task. It had been a long time since the Tower of Sorcery had received such a difficult task and the sorcerors set about their work with a will which spoke volumes of the importance of their task. They worked through the night and the next morning as well, and by the time the sun had reached it's peak in the azure sky, they had finished. They had done all that Lady Ashley had commanded, although the locations of several of the recipients had been difficult to determine at first. Still, they had persevered and through the use of spells of location, had found each person meant to receive the missive, and had seen to it that it had been delivered via magical means.

THE MISSIVE

A rolled piece of parchment is receive by you. As you carefully unfasten the ribbon which binds it, you observe the seal and signature of Lady Ashley DeWinter, GM of the Sword of Virtue. Your eyes float to the top of the missive and are filled with criousity as you begin to read. Here is what you see:

To the Honorable Servants of Isonia, My Brethren--

Recently I received word of the location of one of the ancient artifacts of the gods. It had long been assumed to have been destroyed as the others were, but I have received confirmation of its location after many ages of searching for it. I will be sending forth as many of my people as I can spare to embark upon a quest for this artifact. I hereby invite your guild to send representatives to join us upon this quest, as a gesture of your faith and devotion to Isonia. If successful, this mission will recover the lost artifact, and help to restore unity to the faith as a whole, even as our united guilds join their powers to use the artifact to restore Isonia to her proper place in the heavens, as Supreme Ruler of the gods.

I urge you to carefully consider the inclusion of members of your guild in this quest which I know will prove to be extremely dangerous. We are risking much, my brethren, but we have so very much to gain! I, myself, will lead this quest as a gesture of woodwill and as proof of the sincerity of my claims.

Should you (or other representatives of your guild) decide to join with us of SoV in this undertaking, please meet us at the Citadel of Virtue no later than next faith day, for that is the evening we shall depart in search of the Wand of Ak'Baareth, the most powerful artifact known to have existed!

As you know, the quest for this artifact is only half the battle, for only a faith united will be strong enough to use such a weapon of immense power. Thus, my invitation to the entire Isonian faith to embark upon this quest. Let us put aside our egos and past grievances against each other so that we may unite and bring Isonia the place that she deserves as Supreme Ruler!

May the Goddess Guide and Protect You,
Lady Ashley DeWinter
GM of SoV

Lady Ashley DeWinter
Immortal of SoV

<-------------SoV--------------]---o

[ This Message was edited by: Ashley DeWinter on 2002-05-14 23:07 ]

Taff
Tiram

Posted: 2002-05-15 20:14     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
A cloaked figure rides through the night. He can be heard to be muttering:
The Wand of Ak'Baareth, turning up at this time, it cannot be a coincidence, it must be the prophecy coming to pass.

As dawn approaches, his features come into focus; It is clear that this is an elf, for his pointed ears poke through his long flowing golden hair. His jet black cloak is held together by a silver clasp with a dark green gemstome set in its midst. He wears a purple tunic underneath his cloak, but if you listen closely, it is apparent that he is wearing a light mail beneath it. He carries a staff, maybe 5 foot long, with runes etched along the lenght of it, and set six inches from the top a pale crystal sits, irridescing gently. The end of a black scabard pokes from under his cloak.

His steed moves gracefully over the hillside, its chestnut coat gleaming in the dawnlight. You would barely know that it was carrying a heavy load, were it not for the occasional clanking from the saddle bags, as glass phials hit each other.

He dismounts as they reach the Citadel of Virtue, and he knocks heavily on the door.
It is I, Lord Taff, Mage of Isonia, Lancer of the Freedom Lance, Keeper of Arcane Knowledge.
I believe you said something about a certain Wand.

Inanna
Tiram

Posted: 2002-05-16 00:01     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
As the last rays of the sun disappear below the horizon, and darkness come dancing thur the sky, I take a deep breathes as my body start to come alive. I open my eyes as my lungs fill with air and lift the silks sheet off of my nude body.

I sit up and gather my leathers clothing and slowly dress myself as I try to wake up. After fastening my leather armor around my untan body, I get up and walk over to the dressing table and pick up my ivory brush and begain to brush my white hair without taking the time to look into the useless mirror that was attached to the dressing table.

After combing my long white hair, I walk over to the corner wall near a bookshelf, and push on a hidding level. With a click the wall moves, and an opening reveal a dark secert passages way. I push the opening wider and step through closing the gap behind me.

I move quickly thru the dark passage way down several levels to where I come to another door. The citadale was full of secert passage ways and hidded my secert lair from the living creatures that might harm me while I slept. I push the door open that I stood in front of and quietly stepped into the room.

I smiled at Ashley as I slowly move toward her. Just as I approached close to her, she looked up at me and smiles. I returned the smiles with my long white fangs showing.

Good evening my lil'one, I looked over her shoulders to see what she was doing How is the research going?

She smiles and then started to explain what she had spend the day doing. About the letters that she had sent out in hope to find a groups of brave people to find the missing wand. As she explains a servent came into the room bowing to the both of us.

My ladies, there a knight of Isonia here, his name is Taff he paused for a second Should I take him to the Great hall?

Ashley nod, and we both prepare to go down to meet this new stranger that has enter our Citadel in searched of the quest.

. . .

AKA Mistress Amz
All I ask from my Lady is,

The Right to Serve, and to Die with Honor!

<==============SoV=========]==0

Shadowwander
Siquan

Posted: 2002-05-17 20:39     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
A knock came at the great oaken doors; a scantily clad servant turned opening a slot in the door. Her bright green eyes looked upon a servant the held a missive for the Lord of the keep. Few words were passed between the then the note was slipped through the slot. She glanced at the seal as her fingers caressed the silken ribbon as she hurried to the large bathing area. She slid to one knee gracefully, her sheer silken clothing rose up her thigh revealing the supple flesh.

M�Lord a missive has arrived, the messenger said it was important.

Hearing her soft voice ShadowWander turned pushing aside the nude bathing girls. Wading thru the bath waters he reached the side. The girl bowed deeply raising the missive to ShadowWander. A slight grin formed on his lips as he took the scroll, as his eyes dropped over her flesh. His interest was peeked seeing the seal in wax opening it quickly and reading the missive.
ShadowWander sat the missive down his thoughts drifted to his Goddess Isonia. And the words of the missive. His gaze fell on the girl. Raising her eyes to his with a lift of her chin.

girl goes to the chamberlain and tells him to call a meeting of the council in 1 hour. And hurry girl.

yes M�Lord With her words she was off to her task. ShadowWander called for the bathing girls to rinse his flesh. As the 2 hours passed ShadowWander stepped into the council chambers. He informed the council that he was leaving for a quest with in 2 days. To reach his destination by the next holy day. They inquired but ShadowWander only told them what they needed to know. Keeping the meeting short with in 2 days ShadowWander was off travelling to the Surface once again. As he reached the surface, the moon�s glow coated his muscular form. ShadowWander started his travel to the Citadel of Virtue. It was a place that he respected greatly, but He didn�t feel Vitreous, many things he has done in the name of Isonia. But all had to be done. He made his way to the citadel knowing soon he will see his Brethren again all that he has missed greatly.

ShadowWander
~Sword of Virtue~

~~Demon Shadow of Isonia~~

Watch out! Shadows move when your not looking

[ This Message was edited by: Shadowwander on 2002-05-17 20:43 ]

Ashley DeWinter
Baroness

Posted: 2002-05-20 00:03     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Ashley sat back then, in thoughtful repose at her desk and relaxed while she could. She knew that soon Isonia's faithful would begin to arrive for the quest. The departure date had been set for next faith day, and that did not leave much time to prepare. The servants had already begun airing out the extra rooms in preparation for the coming guests.

While Ashley was sitting at her desk, her feet kicked up on it as she leaned back in her chair, a silent figure padded into the room, interrupting her thoughts. Ashley looked up and smiled as she saw the beautiful form of Inanna standing before her. As Inanna greeted her, Ashley rose from her seat and moved towards the beautiful pale woman. She embraced her and pressed a soft kiss of greeting to her cheek, before she answered.

Good evening to you Inanna. I trust that you rested well? As for my research, I can honestly say that it has come to an end. The wand has been found....or at least, its location has been verified. I have sent out missives to all of Isonia telling them what I have achieved and inviting them to join me upon my quest for the wand. I will compel none of our people to embark upon this journey....it will be their choice to make. I have set the departure date for the coming faith day. I know that that is not much time, however forces will mobilize to stop us as soon as they hear of our quest. Already I have word that the forces of Foret are mobilizing. Time is of the essence if we are to be successful.

Just then a light knock sounded upon the door and a servant entered. The servant wasted little time in informing the women that a knight of Isonia by the name of Taff had arrived. Ashley shot Inanna a small smile of happiness at this news and nodded to the servant to show the knight to the Great Hall. The servant left hastily to do as he had been bid, shutting the door quietly behind him. As he did so, Ashley smiled to Inanna and spoke again.

Well, already the faithful begin to arrive, and sooner than I had hoped for. Unless you have more pressing business to attend to, I would like it for you to accompany me to the Great Hall to greet this brave knight and make him welcome.

Ashley quickly neatened a pile of papers and maps which were lying askance upon her desk and then smiled at Inanna as she agreed to meet this knight. Together the two graceful women left the library and made their way to the Great Hall where the knight had been asked to make himself comfortable while he waited.

The women walked together and greeted the knight where he sat. Ashley spoke first, in a quietly cultured and welcoming voice.

Good evening brave Knight of Isonia. I am Lady Ashley DeWinter and I bid you welcome to the Castle of Virtue. Standing next to me is the lady Inanna. We are both Immortals of SoV, and are very glad to receive you here this night.

Before I forget my manners, please tell me if you would care for any refreshment. My cooks always have something cooking in the kitchen and if what they have cooking is not to your taste, you have only to voice your desire and they will see to it. Here, at the Citadel of Virtue, we stock a variety of food to suit the wide variety of tastes of our people. I am sure we can find something that would appeal to you.

Lady Ashley DeWinter
Immortal of SoV

Inanna
Tiram

Posted: 2002-05-27 22:19     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I follow Ashley downstair to meet this new stranger. As the enter into the Great Hall I approached a waiting servent and whisper into her ear to bring me my usnals warm drink.

I could sense that this person wasn't going to be the first person we interview for this quest. This wasn't going to be an easy quest, and only the best people with their skills would be allow to go on this quest. Isonia was depending on us too much to not get the best.

I straighten up my soft leather armor and approached the stranger from behind Ashley. I stepped out behind her as she introduce herself. I smiled lightly running my tongue over my red lips to wet them. As I spoked, I offer my right hand to the knight.

I am Lady Inanna, welcome to our realm. .

As Inanna continue to speak I move over to a nearby chair and sit down crossing my long legs. I flip my cloak over the arms rest and waited for the servent to drink me my personal drink.

. . .

AKA Mistress Amz

Gades
Siquan

Posted: 2002-05-27 23:52     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
It was musty down in the chamber room. It hasn't been cleaned in quite some time. Gades was spending his time sharpening his axe since the axe was quite too big for a servant to handle. Besides, noone is allowed to touch such a exquisite piece of craftmanship. As the sparks flew from the sharpening, a messanger came with a letter from Ashley of SoV. The messanger read it out loud. The letter consisted of a journey to be made to find a legendary Wand of Ak'Baareth, a highly rare artifact of Isonia. Gades found it an honor to help this lady and agreed to be part of the gathering.

His axe was close to sharpened completion while the messanger finished the letter. Gades took his finished axe and stood from the stool of the sharpening device. He pointed to the room and said, "Clean this." Gades doesn't like a messy room, no matter what the room is.

Gades went straight to the sorceror's chamber. The high sorceror greeting him with respect and grace, but inside was trembling with fear. "How can I help you, Lord Gades?"

"Movement spell. To Citadel of Virtue."

The high sorceror spoke in an Arcane toungue and with the help of the other sorcerors in the room, Gades quickly vanished. Before he knew it, he was in front of the Citadel of Virtue. A servant approached him and Gades asked to see Ashley DeWinter.

The one who wields an axe like unto myself is mine own true savior -- Isonia

[ This Message was edited by: Gades on 2002-05-27 23:53 ]

Ashley DeWinter
Baroness

Posted: 2002-05-28 15:11     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Ashley's welcome of the brave knight was interrupted as a servant entered and told her that another of Isonia's faithful had come to join them. Ashley smiled at the servant and spoke softly.

By all means, show our visitor inside and here, to the Great Hall.

The servant hastily retreated and returned a few short moments later with a familiar figure following. Ashley rose with a large smile upon her face to greet this newcomer as well. Her voice was fondly welcoming as she spoke.

Gades! A pleasure to see you, as always! Should I assume that you have come in response to my missive? Come, Inanna is here as well, and I am sure she will be as happy to see you as I am, my old friend!

Tell me, would you care for any refreshment? You know me, I always have the cooks prepared in case a hungry traveller shows up....and now so more than ever! Tell me if there is anything you would like, and I shall have it brought for you while we sit and talk. Thus far, not many have travelled here in reply to my missive. I can only assume that either they don't believe me or are kept busy with their wars against the heathens.

Ashley took Gades gently by the arm and steered him towards where Inanna was sitting, her long shapely legs stretched out in front of her. Smiling, Ashley spoke again, this time to Inanna.

Inanna, look! Look who has arrived in answer to my call....it is our old friend Gades! Isn't it wonderful to see him again?

Lady Ashley DeWinter
Immortal of SoV

Superjames_008
Venrii

Posted: 2002-05-28 18:45     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
James entered the great Citadel for the first time in a long while. It hadn't been here since the day he joined the SoV alliance a couple of ages ago. He walked speedily through the halls towards Miss DeWinter. He noticed she was talking to somone but ignored it and interrupted whatever was going on to speak with her. It was his opinion that the news he had brought was urgent.

Miss Dewinter, I am James, a former member of the SoV alliance. When my father died, my kingdon, Ice Cavern and the lands surrounding it were and still are led by a council, as I am still too young to be king. I am 23 and i still have 2 more ages until my coronation. And for now, all the council wants is peace. I have, however discussed the letter you sent me, to them, and have convicned them to agrre to at least harbor any Iso armies within our lands, as my lands are very close to the Foret Division Fronts. Since I am unable to grant you any envoys, im sure this would please you. I am currently the military general of my lands, so I will be joining you to help with any war strategy you will need. Also, I know a little magic myself. I have not brought armies, like the others may have, but I have done what I can, and I am pleased to serve you, under our great Goddess.

TB's True Superhero
LadyLare is my sex goddess!
SJ&GooGoo: Solo's Grand Dukes of Hazard!

Taff
Tiram

Posted: 2002-05-28 19:54     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Lost in his own thoughts, Taff did not notice the Ladies enter. He started suddenly as Lady DeWinter spoke, standing quickly.

Greetings and salutations, I am Lord Taff, Lancer of the Freedoms Lance. It is a pleasure, and an honour to meet you both,

He said in his lilting welsh accent, pausing briefly to gently kiss the proffered hands.

And I must say I am glad to find that the rumours I have heard of your beauty are no exageration.

He smiles serenely, and subconciously runs his hands through his golden hair, as he sits down again.

Thank you, your hospitality has been exemplarary, I am not hungry at the moment.

If I may speak on the matter at hand, whilst I am young for my race, I am learned in the arts of majik. When I was studying in the Qanuc Mountains, I met an old goblin, who told me a prophecy concerning the wand you now seek.

I will not bore you with the details at this time, but it spoke of the importance of the wand, and its ability to adjust the balance of power forever. It also speaks of a plot to prevent it from coming to Isonia's chosen, It is my intention to stop such a plot, if this is indeed the time the prophecy speaks of.

He paused as first someone identified as Lord Gades entered, and then another character, who identified himself as James burst in, and started talking.
His anger at such rudeness in front of his fine hostesses, momentarily manifested itself as a fireball started to form in his clenched fist. He snuffed it promptly, and hoped the brief glow had not shown.
Some people have no manners He thought to himself.

'Nuff talking, lets get with the killing!
FL's saner GM

Inanna
Tiram

Posted: 2002-05-28 22:11     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I smiled as Lord Taff kissed my hand. He truely must be royality to do such a gentlemanly manor. As I sit down I spoked to Lord Taff.

I have head rumors of the Qanuc Mountains, Lord Taff, and its an honor to meet you. I paused for a second then continue Do goblins really have an magic worth studying?

At that time I notice Ashley pull somebody into the room with us. As his face appear to me I knew that its was an old friend who has been on many battlefields that I had fought in. I stood up and gave him a strong hug, and kiss him gently on the cheer; taking care not to cut his skin with my sharp vampire fangs.

Where have you been old friend? I mentally sensed magic being cast, and out of the corner of my eye I seem Taff closing his hand, stuffing a glow. Its seem this stranger maybe very valueable to this group my thoughts as interuppted by another person.

I looked at him, and I figure its out as he continue to speak. Jame might had been young, but he was just like his father. I smiled to him as I listen to him hurried speak.

Calm down lil'one, you don't need to speak so fast. I looked him over then I continue You are in time to prove yourself, just like your fathers have done before your. Beside Lord Taff have many questions that need to be answers.

. . .

AKA Mistress Amz

Gades
Siquan

Posted: 2002-05-28 22:49     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
It was always a pleasure to see Ashley once again and with such a warm welcome. Her touch was warm as she guided Gades to where Inanna and a few others, including a man who called himself James who was in a most urgent manner to speak his words. Prior to the reaquantance of Inanna, Gades took Ashley's hospitality and asked for her cook to bake any speciality that seems fit. Gades did not want to appear rude and turn down the hospitable Ashley.

As he walked toward Inanna, she greeted Gades with the same warmth Ashley did, but to a higher degree, which is quite normal for Inanna as Gades would remember. He smirked as he recalled the past.

The conversation being had before Gades entered the room was between Ashley, Inanna, and Lord Taff (according to the words Gades heard before entering the room). It seems fortunate to have someone like Taff helping to find the wand because he knows a prophecy a goblin told him. Apparently Gades feels a little upsetness as that he does not know and has not even heard of the Wand of Ak'Baareth. However, he wants to join in the quest and maybe his brute strength may come in handy for the task.

Gades decides to remain silent as usual, not to say anything to divulge his ignorance of the artifact.

[ This Message was edited by: Gades on 2002-05-28 22:51 ]

Superjames_008
Venrii

Posted: 2002-05-29 14:50     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Forgive me, Inanna, It is just that, these damn Forets are causing me unrest, and I wish to see them die as soon as possible. I can smell their filth all the way from back home as it is.

Inanna was very beautiful, and her very words simply calmed his nerves. He wouldnt dare tell them that his father was assasinated by foret scum, and that his hate for forets was almost a violent rage. But none of that mattered; Inanna had a sort of hypnotizing voice. He gently grabbed her hand and kissed her on the back of yer palm, ans smiled gently as well.

If there is anything I can do for you my'lady, just name it, and it is done.

Then, James pivited towards Taff, who seemed to be a little angry. He pulled out his hand, politely, this time and spoke,

Hello, Lord Taff, Ive heard of you before, your nobilty as a leader is very storng even in my lands. You will have to forgive my intrusion, but Im sure you are just as wary as I am of the increasing threat of the Foret Faith. Maby, we can soon sit down and discuss strategy, I would be honored to know a little of your tact.

TB's True Superhero
LadyLare is my sex goddess!
SJ&GooGoo: Solo's Grand Dukes of Hazard!

Ashley DeWinter
Baroness

Posted: 2002-05-29 15:02     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Ashely was most pleased when Lord Taff stood and introduced himself to her and she found herself blushing slightly as his elegant words reached her ears while he kissed the hands that were held forth to him. As he spoke, Ashley noted the accent which the gallant knight possessed and was rather intrigued to note that it seemed Welsh in nature.

Ashley listened intently as Lord Taff went on to reveal to them information that he had of a prophecy which concerned the wand of Ak'Baareth. However, before Ashley could comment on the prophecy and ask for more detail, Gades had been shown into the room and decorum demanded that she greet the newcomer. She smiled apologetically at the interruption and spoke to Lord Taff before she moved off to greet Gades.

Lord Taff, what you say intrigues me a good deal. I would like a chance to discuss this prophecy at greater length later on. But for now, if you will excuse me for a moment.

That said, Ashley had glided off to greet Gades. While Ashley was in the midst of greeting Gades, another eager young man burst forth into the Great Hall. Without waiting for her to finish speaking, he burst forth into a speech of his own. Knowing full well who the young man was, Ashley overlooked his rudness at interrupting her. She had known his father, and would have known this young man from the family resemblance even had he not told her who he was.

Ashley smiled fondly at the young man and formally welcomed him as she had the others, in a quiet, cultured voice.

James, I bid you welcome here at the Citadel of Virtue. Your offer is most kind and I am sure that it will be quite helpful to us as our battle against the heathens continues. It pleases me to have you serve me in the name of the goddess Isonia. For now though, you may serve me best by having a seat here with the others who have only recently arrived themselves, and partaking of some of the refreshments I was just about to order. Oh, and James....next time you have something to say, please do remember to pause for a breath now and then ok?

Ashley chuckled warmly as she spoke to the young man to let him know that she was only teasing him a bit. She had known his father well, and James was very much like him, but on a much younger and more eager scale of course.

Just then Ashley, like Inanna had sensed the use of magic within the Citadel. She cast a curious glance about the room and saw the fading glow from Lord Taff's hand, as she saw the look of brief irritation upon his face. She flashed him her most charming smile to help allay the irritation she knew that he felt at the most unorthodox method that James had used in speaking.

Hearing Gades accept her offer of hospitality, Ashley walked to one corner of the room where a silken cord hung from the ceiling. She pulled on the cord and soon a servant had come in answer to her summons. The servant dropped into a deep curtsey before her as she spoke to Ashley.

You rang milady?

Yes, I did. Inform the cook to have some refreshments sent here to the Hall. Please tell cook to be sure that there is at least enough for seven people. Though we are only five right now, I sense that others will be arriving soon. Also, have the wine steward open a cask of our best house wine. Have him pour some into one of the crystal decanters and bring it along with five of our best crystal goblets if you would please.

When you have seen to it that the refreshements have been taken care of, then you need to go and be sure that at least three rooms have been made ready for our guests. See to it that they have been aired out and fresh linens placed upon the beds. I will not have our guests sleeping upon musty linens or thinking that we here at the Citadel do not know how to treat our guests properly. Also, see to it that wood has been laid in the fireplaces in the guest rooms as well. The nights have been chilly lately and I would not like for our guests to catch a chill. That will be all, thank you. If there is anything else that I need, I will ring for you.

With the preparations for the refreshments and accomodations now taken care of, Ashley glided over to where the others were seated and engaged in conversation. She noticed as always, that Gades sat quietly listening, more than he conversed. She smiled a bit at this realization and thought to herself that some things never change. Ashley took a seat near Lord Taff and Inanna and sat listening to the conversation as it flowed around her. All things considered, it seemed that perhaps the attendance for the quest would turn out better than she had hoped. True, the only one from another guild that had shown up was Lord Taff, but Ashley was deeply honored that the Freedoms Lance had seen fit to send an envoy. She hoped that other Isonian guilds would take up her offer and send envoys as well. Trust and communication among the Isonian guilds had been in short enough supply of late, but she hoped that the other guilds would be able to get past this and help them in the name of Isonia.

A short while later, the servant returned bearing a tray with the decanter of wine and the crystal goblets she had requested. Rising from her seat, Ashley began her hostess duties. She gracefully picked up the decanter of wine and began pouring out glasses for those who indicated that they would enjoy a taste of the wine. As the one servant left, another entered bearing a huge tray of food for those who were present. The cook had sent large portions of roast beef and pheasant as well as freshly baked bread and cheese and fresh fruit.

Once the food had been set down upon the table, and plates had been brought, Ashley addressed those present, with a smile.

Please, my friends, there is plenty to eat. Help yourselves and make yourselves at home for as long as you are here. I encourage you to eat well while you are here, for once we are out on the road, we may end up finding that food is in short supply. Our journey promises to be a long and arduous one at best.

Lady Ashley DeWinter
Immortal of SoV

Fyr Sunblade
Siquan

Posted: 2002-05-29 17:12     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
He had sensed a inherent danger from the man on the horse down there in the hills. Something about him disturbed me very much. If it had been the person itself, the person would be dead by now. But if i did kill him because of something about him, it would not serve Justice. I better go down and see what i can find out about that irritating sense of danger.

Swooping down with the sun in his back, Fyr drew his great blade, gleaming like the sun and silvery flames licking at the pommel. Landing in front of the frightened person, he dismounted his Celestial unicorn and moved towards the person. The always present aura of awe around the twenty foot tall Fyr, petrified the horse as well as the mounted person.

Pardon me kind sir, i have to ask you to dismount and let me search your personal belongings. Something dangerous is in your possesion and i can not let you leave with it. Just excuse me for a moment and i'll make it as painless as possible.

Agreeing without a word, the man dismounted and stepped aside. Running through the mans saddlebags, Fyr quickly found a scroll having a real disturbing radiance of bad vibrations. Opening and reading the message, he turned to the man and demanded to know if this was his destiantion. As the man just answered with a hesitant nod, Fyr ripped the scroll apart and suggested him to leave this quest alone and return to the place he came from.

Go back you mortal, this is not a thing to gain personal power or fame..
Only death will end this quest for you in the end.

I have to go to this meetingplace and convince the other interested fools to let this wand rest. It is too dangerous to expose it to the mortal world. Way to dangerous

* Travelling for another 4 hours on his loyal unicorn, he descended onto the inner courtyard of the castle ignoring the alarmed guards on the walls. Stepping from his very large steed, he patted it softly and releasedit from his bond to find a safe and more comfortable place to rest.

Turning his springgreen eyes towards the closest guard. The last rays of the day shining down on his light blue skin and his Mithril breastplate. Long silvery hair waving down his back in the cool wind, he spoke very calm but determined.

I am Fyr Sunblade, Keeper of Balance, Bringer of Justice and second son in the Celestial Court. I am looking for Ashley, the owner of this envoy.

Beauty of Heaven, The Power of Heaven and the Wrath of The Gods..
Fear my presence.

I watch, fight, bleed and still i endure...
I will stand in eternal vigilance till They return.

Taff
Tiram

Posted: 2002-05-29 20:40     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
His anger subsided as Ashley smiled beautifully at him, and then James offered his appologies, He smiles gently as he shook James' hand.

Ah, The eagerness of youth, sometimes I miss it in myself. I will be glad to discuss tactics with you; however I should warn you, my knowledge lies more in the mystical arts than on the battlefield.

He turned back to Inanna and smiled gently,

You asked of Qanuc,
It is a beautiful place, filled with kind generous people. It would be lovely at this time of year. Whilst what the goblins call magic, is crude by my elven standards, they are wise in the ways of the land, and their knowledge of healing herbs I have not seen the like of since.
If I learnt anything on my travels, it was that knowledge is everywhere, you just need to know the right questions.

Taff took an apple from the vast array of food served on the table, and looked at in a curious manner. He toyed with it for a moment, tossing it from hand to hand; then, as if this game had lost his attention he bit into it with a crunch.

Noticing Ashley sat close to him, he turned to ask her,

How much do you already know of the Wand of Ak'Baareth? For much of my knowlegde is based on heresay and rumour. What I have learnt from my study of the prophesy, is that it will not be easy to recover, and that those who seek it will endure pain and suffering before the quest is complete.

His face grew solemn as he spoke. Noticing that he seemed to be dragging his own moral down, and presumably everyone elses, he changed the tone of his voice to a more cheerful note.

But I think that if we have this knowledge, then we can combat anything we confront. If I may propose a toast?

He stood and raised his glass of wine from the table,

To our most Gracious and Beautiful Hostesses, And to Success in the Face of Advesity!

'Nuff talking, lets get with the killing!
FL's saner GM

Ashley DeWinter
Baroness

Posted: 2002-05-31 13:36     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
As Lord Taff turned to speak to her, Ashley listened intently as he asked her what she knew of the wand. She smiled softly as she spoke in answer to his question.

I probably know only a little more than you, yourself, know Lord Taff. The wand is said to be one of the few remaining artifacts created by the gods themselves to help keep balance in the world. The other two artifacts were rumored to be destroyed long ago. For many years the location of the wand was a mystery to man. I have spent a good part of my life searching for the wand while trying to lead Isonia to victory.

Only a few days ago did I receive confirmation of the location of the wand. As you know, only the most faithful may touch the wand and survive, and it requires the followers of Isonia to stand united when the attempt to use it is made. If you forgive my saying so, from the appearance of things, the quest for the wand will be the easy part. We will then still have to get the other Isonian guilds to join together so that it may be properly used. Make no mistake my Lord, I know well that the journey will be rife with obstacles and danger. That, however, is a journey that I myself am willing to take. I only ask that the bravest and most faithful of Isonia's followers accompany me upon this quest. If one is not willing to give their life for their Goddess, they have no place upon this quest. It is a given that those who journey with me may not return.

Lord Taff nodded thoughtfully for a moment, before changing the tone of his voice in an effort to lighten up the mood of those present. She watched as he stood and raised his glass in toast to her and Inanna. Ashley nodded her head, smiling charmingly in acceptance as those present raised their glasses as well, before raising her own glass to join in the toast.

Just as those present had drunk from their glasses for the toast, a rather nervous looking servant entered and approached Ashley. The servant cast about an apologetic glance as he bent forth to whisper into her ear.

My Lady, there is a most......unusual being in the inner courtyard who claims to be seeking you. I beg you to be careful milady, this being is like nothing that I have ever seen before.

Very well then, I will go to the courtyard at once although I cannot imagine the reason for the fear you have, perhaps I will ask Lord Taff to join me.You may go now, thank you.

As the servant left, Ashley leaned over so that she could speak privately to Inanna.

Inanna, there seems to be something amiss in the inner courtyard. I am not sure what it is, but the servants seem rather spooked about it. I would ask that you stay here and see to our guests. I will go see what is going on, and I think that I will ask Lord Taff to join me, just in case.

Ashley then touched Lord Taff lightly upon the arm to gain his attention. When he turned and gazed at her, she leaned closer and spoke in a voice which was barely more than a whisper.

Lord Taff, would it be possible to get you to accompany me for a moment? There seems to be something amiss in the courtyard and the servants seem unusally fearful for my safety. If you have no objections, I would be most grateful if you joined me whilst I see what is going on.

Seeing Lord Taff's nod of assent, Ashley rose from her seat and faced the others who were present. Smiling gently at them, she spoke in a voice which betrayed none of the concern she was feeling.

My friends, something has come up that demands my attention. Lord Taff will accompany me. We shall return to you as soon as we may. But for now I leave you to the care of the Lady Inanna. If any of you are feeling the need to rest, rooms have been prepared already and Lady Inanna can see to it that a servant leads you to your room for the evening.

Having made her excuses to the brave people who sought to journey upon the quest with her, Lady Ashley glided gracefully towards the door, as Lord Taff followed closely behind her. Soon they reached the door which led to the inner courtyard and Ashley could hear the commotion even as she approached the door. The sight that greeted them as they entered the courtyard was anything but what Ashley expected to see. Several of her guards surrounded a being that easily stood twenty feet tall. He had flowing silvery hair and radiated an aura about him that was strong enough to cause a bit of fear even in her. She was suddenly glad that she had asked Lord Taff to join her. Pausing slightly in effort to regain control of herself, she then drew herself up into her most regal stance and addressed the being who stood before her. With the being's great height, Ashley found herself talking rather loudly to be sure that she was heard.

I am the Lady Ashley DeWinter, Immortal of the Sword of Virtue. I understand that you seek me? I would ask that if it is possible, you change your height so that we may converse more easily. I find that I have little affinity for yelling.

Ashley had spoken in a coolly commanding tone of voice, which left little doubt that she was exactly who she said she was and that she was accustomed to being obeyed. Lord Taff stood close by her side, where he had moved upon seeing this new "visitor" of Ashley's. Both of them waited to see what the newcomer would do or say next.

Lady Ashley DeWinter
Immortal of SoV

Fyr Sunblade
Siquan

Posted: 2002-05-31 21:29     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Smiling at the confusion he causes in the courtyard, he started pacing around until the person he was looking for would arrive. Looking to the darkening sky, a large circle of guards formed around him as the closest border moved away with every step he took closer to it. Scanning the shaken faces of the guards, he saw a couple of newcomers entering the courtyard after looking at him for a while. Hiding the fact he noticed that he turned his attention to them and listened to what the lady had to say. The man almost hiding behind the woman didn't look more important then a servant.
As the woman started shouting, he smiled and bowed a little.

I am Fyr Sunblade, Keeper of Balance, Bringer of Justice and second son in the Celestial Court. I can hear you perfectly milady, there is no reason to shout. I could surely decrease my size but it would be even less comforting for your guards trying to contain me.

Just one question before i continue. Are you Immortal in name or Immortal in lifespan? Many on this world claim to be immortal but in fact slowly ageand die after a few hundred years.

Beauty of Heaven, The Power of Heaven and the Wrath of The Gods..
Fear my presence.

I watch, fight, bleed and still i endure...
I will stand in eternal vigilance till They return.

Gades
Siquan

Posted: 2002-06-02 21:18     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
The servants brought a bunch of delicious refreshments and it was quite a feast for Gades. It's nice to eat food baked by someone different than the hired cooks at his realm. Ashley said that food may be scarce in the future adventure and that we should eat endulge ourselves with this feast. Gades just used that as an excuse to eat as much as his stomach could hold because he would have done so otherwise without Ashley's warning.

In the middle of the feast a nervous servant came asking for Ashley to meet someone at the courtyard. Ashley seems a little reluctant to go there alone and asked Lord Taff to join her. Could she be scared of something that she expected could happen or was this an unexpected visitor? Gades was sure she would be all right and continued to finish what food was left on his plate.

Inanna seemed to be in charge of the place while Ashley was gone. Inanna's presence always made Gades nervous and quickly finished his plate. With all the food he ate, Gades wanted to turn in and go to bed (also a good excuse to be excused from Inanna). Gades stood up from the stool looking a little bit weary with a full stomach. He bowed to James and then approached Inanna, "Tired. Where's bed?" Gades waits for directions to the chambers.

[ This Message was edited by: Gades on 2002-06-02 21:20 ]

Inanna
Tiram

Posted: 2002-06-03 23:36     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
As Ashley and taff when down to the courtyard to meet the stranger, I was seeing that Ashley guests was being treated to plenty of foods, and drinks. I watched as the servents brought in one plate after others, placing them on the large dinner table.

Gades ate and ate as I continue to watched. I had no desires for food, but I watch with curiousness as he ate. When he finally finishes with his fine meal, Gade mention he was tired so I lite severals candles placing them in a candle holding.

With the candles casting an orange glow across my face, I smiled at him.

Come, I will take you to a place you made rest I wave Gade to come toward me as my smiles barely reveal my vampiric fangs.

I could sense fear in Gades as I took his hand in my. This wasn't new, he alway seem to be living in fear, atleast when I was around where I notice it. I smile as I lead him toward the main staircase in the great entery.

As I lead him to the second floor, the servents was busy liting the candles in the dimly lite hall. Quickly we push past the servents and continue down the hall to a pair of double doors. Stoppping in front of doors, I took the key from my blouses and unlocked the great black oak doors.

I open the double doors and stepped thru the door with the candles. Turning around I face Gades giving him a very seduce evil smiles.

Come in lil'one I motion with my finger I don't bite, well sometime I do

Gade step in watching every move I made. I could smell his fear, its was erotic, full of emotion. I walk over to the bed and place the candleholder on the nightstand next to the bed, dimly lighting up the bed. Then I folded down the sheets and fluff the pillow.

Turning toward him I walk slowly up to him. I looked down into his eyes as I smiles, looking deep into his thoughts. In a clear thought in his mind I spoke.

Here is the key to your resting area incase you might desire to lock the door I lightly peck him on his forehead with a kiss.

Sweet erotic dreams I spoked into his mind as I sexily walk toward the door.

. . .

AKA Mistress Amz

( 1 | 2 | 3 )
Lock this TopicMove this Topic Delete this Topic
Contact Us       Evernight Games

Copyright © 2001 TidalMark, Inc.