- Temper's Ball
- Castaway

( 1 | 2 )
Author 4th of July
Heraclius
Ominar

Posted: 2002-07-05 20:49     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I just got back from the greatest 4th of July Party. I will post my experience, and hopefully others will.

My brother and I had a 30 minute wresting match in Puget Sound. For those who are not familiar with Puget Sound, it is in Washington State. 49-53 degrees. Puget Sound changes MAYBE 4 degress from winter to summer.

Anyway, I won. I also am sick. I have a cold from hell. I nursed a bloody nose last night for 3 hours.

I have barnacle scratches from my ankle to my hip, kind of still bleeding, but not much anymore.

Anyways, Did anyone else have fun over the 4th?

[ This Message was edited by: heraclius on 2002-07-05 21:02 ]

Sheepmaster
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/boards/tbarchive/viewtopic.php on line 223

Posted: 2002-07-06 00:19     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Your always kicking someone's ass, either in here or real life. I'm glad you had fun.

Stryfe
Venrii

Posted: 2002-07-06 00:40     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Wow, I wish I did something like that :)

I am Canadian, so I did nothing, but on July 1st was Canada day. Where....I also did nothing :(

ISA/SAO/OnceProgeny/NowBDSM
~Mors & Lare~ Unmatched in cuteness!
Wounds cover me from head to toe, from skin into soul. I bleed internally, externally, eternally.

Anjali
Siquan

Posted: 2002-07-06 19:11     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Last year was more fun..I spent the afternoon bbq'ing with friends and family and watched a really great fireworks show over the bay.

This year it rained..no that's an understatement, it POURED DOWN -all- day and into the night so I didn't get to do much more than stay home and watch movies.

But at least I got some good movies to watch..Minority Report (it's "alright," good storyline but it kinda got overrated I think).. Mr. Deeds (not too bad, I think I laughed more at John Tuturro's butler char. than anything else ~L~)..and Showtime (that Eddie Murphy/De Nero cop spoof, pretty funny)

I'd have rather been at the beach though :p

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful.
It's the transition that's troublesome.

~SKS~

Mick
Venrii

Posted: 2002-07-06 19:17     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I didn't do anything really. I went out to my grandpa's house, ate some BBQ and hung out with the family for a few hours.

I didn't even buy fireworks this year cause I didn't intend on staying out there till dark. So my grand, independence day firework blowout extravaganza consisted of my 8 year old nephew barrowing my lighter every couple of seconds to light a smoke bomb and throw it.

I tried to act as stoked about green & purple smoke as he was. But everyone knows smoke bombs aren't fun unless you throw them in people's cars. But I usually get in trouble for putting ideas in the kid's head so I kept my mouth shut this time. For some reason no one wants him to be the way I was when I was his age. go figure.

Mick The RipperA Darker Side oƒ Evil
Fine Malt Psychopathy since 1888
Revenge oƒ The Uchean

[ This Message was edited by: Mick on 2002-07-06 19:32 ]

Heraclius
Ominar

Posted: 2002-07-06 22:02     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote

Holy shit. We've never done that.

Smoke bombs in bee hives, sure......smoke bombs under the parent's porch, sure.....smoke bombs in my older brother's sleeping bag......er, lets not go there.....

But in a car? YES!!!!! Oh man.......

looks at the calendar

ok - 363 days left.

Mick - I get a guiness if I can talk my nephew into smoke-balling my uncle's car, ok?

he he

[ This Message was edited by: heraclius on 2002-07-07 12:55 ]

Mick
Venrii

Posted: 2002-07-07 09:08     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Hehe yeah I rolled up the windows & set off an entire package in the backseat floorboard of my grandpa's car once when I was a kid. I thought he'd get a kick outta being engulfed in smoke when he opened the door. Except a few of the smoke bombs rolled over and burned a huge hole in the carpet. And all the enterior had to be cleaned cause the smoke left a chalky powder. Man, was he pissed! LOL

My favourite childhood memory of the 4th, was shooting at the older kids in the neighborhood with a BB gun. There was a small crowd of guys standing across the street, lighting and throwing firecrackers. I had a nice view of the festivities from my bedroom window, so I broke out the BB gun, and timed my shooting with the firecrackers. I heard one pop, someone would get shot in the ass. It was funny as fuck watching them accusing each other of throwing firecrackers. A few shoving matches errupted, but not the full out brawl I was hoping for. Stupid asses. It was justified though, cause they were all punks anyway.

Mick The Ripper • A Darker Side oƒ Evil
Bitter Ascension From The Depths oƒ Purgatory

Artemus Xel Naga
Ominar

Posted: 2002-07-07 19:29     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Hmmm, the fourth...

Well, I chilled with my friends pretty much all day. Didn't get to see any fireworks due to rain(dammit!), and got pretty drunk that evening. It was alright, but none of anybody's plans worked out that day.

Herbage
Ominar

Posted: 2002-07-09 11:30     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Herac!
Where on the sound were you? That water is some cold shit...My 4th included a little herb and some water...LOL
You guessed it I went fishing as usual...

bdredman58
Tiram

Posted: 2002-07-09 11:37     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Got drunk playign a drinking game and passed out before the fireworks...

Heraclius
Ominar

Posted: 2002-07-09 14:38     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Herbage - ever been to Bremerton? Across the sound from Seattle. Yah - its cold alright.

[ This Message was edited by: Heraclius on 2002-07-09 14:39 ]

Lord-Dai
Ominar

Posted: 2002-07-10 04:12     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
haven't posted for awhile, went up to cuz's house where in dat city not like mine u can light fireworks two of his neighbors went to nevada to buy 500 dollas worth of fireworks. and wit my cuz's stock the street started at 4 pm ended at 12 am

Shiggity Shiggity Shwa- aZnLiTTleD's NeT CrIb

Herbage
Ominar

Posted: 2002-07-12 15:43     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Yea Herac!
I have salmon fished on and around Point Defiance did fairly decent for the time of yr I was there...Lived in Tacoma for awhile and did some sound and river fishing...Did some hiking in the Olympic range and on Ranier...Awesome place you have up there...Awesome I tell ya!
Are there still those corn chips, gothic or whatever they called themselves walking around with black hair, black clothes, and white skin? They looked like the walking dead...Freaked me out...LOL

Heraclius
Ominar

Posted: 2002-07-14 14:46     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
The "Goths" went out with the 80's. At least most of them. When I was in school at UW, there was one in the dorms on my floor. She was freaky, but turned out to be an OK person. As she made friends during the first quarter, she changed a bit. By winter quarter, she was back to "normal" (whatever "normal" means. lol)

Mick
Venrii

Posted: 2002-07-14 16:22     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I haven't seen any goths since my clubbing days (early to mid 90's), but I'm pretty sure they're still around.

A lot of the goths I've met seemed to be pretty cool, although a little bit odd, even by my standards. I used to wear a large metal crucifix around my neck. It was intended to be a wall ornament, but I had made into a necklace. Anyway, Goths were usually coming up to me in clubs and asking me where I got it.

Yeah, and vamps are supposed to hate crucifixes, go figure.

Mick The RipperA Darker Side oƒ Evil
Revenge oƒ The Uchean

[ This Message was edited by: Mick on 2002-07-14 16:26 ]

Herbage
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-01 17:00     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Hell Mick I thought you would have been wearin a nice set of beads and feathers dancin an howlin at the moon!
Not a crucafix...LOL Just kidding...

Teachers Teach Us
How To Go Out And Get Our Own
But They Forget About The Heart And Forget About The Soul

Mick
Venrii

Posted: 2002-08-01 18:10     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
That's only when I see old reruns of Hee-Haw.

Any other time I don't mind being of mixed ancestry..

Mick The Ripper • A Darker Side oƒ Evil
Bitter Ascension From The Depths oƒ Purgatory

bigSparky
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-01 20:02     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Herac,If you haven't yet,get yourself up to Port Angeles.The salmon should be just coming up the Elwah River right now.
I was last there around '86 so not sure how it is now.Then it was awsome.

I can't believe I used to swim at Point Defiance,Day Island(University Place),and dive off of the warehouses down around the farmers market.No wonder I was always blue as a kid.Lake Washington was not much warmer,lol.A ski boat towed us across to Mercer Island from the hydroplane pits on inner tubes once and left us.Took forever to get back.

Do NOT mistake my Sarcasm for Bitterness and Anger

[ This Message was edited by: bigSparky on 2002-08-01 20:05 ]

Heraclius
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-01 21:45     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
SPARKY!! I grew up on Mercer Island. Lake Wash is warmer than puget sound, though.

Ever been to Seafair? It is coming this weekend. I'll be doing the traditional "Wreck Raft Alliance" (WRA). That's where we go out on a raft, drunker than a 1st avenue bum by 8pm.

Port Angeles? Hell, I've been up there many-a-time. Ever heard of the PA joint?

For those of you who do NOT know what the PA joint is......

If you drive out to the spit (a 3/4 mile long jetty out into the ocean, aka, the straight of juan de fuca) and stop your car, then look over the calm inlet over to Port Angeles, what you see are lights along the street for about 2 miles, then lights along the PA ridge (homes) for the same 2 miles. The ridge curves up, over, then down and meets the lights along the street. At that point used to be the "Mill". A paper mill. A giant exhaust chimney would be bellowing smoke straight up in the air.

If you are out on the spit, and look in...........it looks like a giant (well-rolled) joint. Smoking.

Ahhhhh.....the memories......

Heraclius
Ominar

Posted: 2002-08-01 21:51     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
BTW - Sparkey. My friend and I used to fish the Elwah. Runs down from Hurricane ridge - NICE river.

Damn.

Has anyone ever wanted to pay, like some amount of $$$$$$$, to go back in time and re-live stuff?

One of the things I would do is go to the "End of the World" (that's in PA) - its a 300 ft cliff - accessible to pretty much everyone.

It looks over the Straight.

At midnight, it seems you are on the edge of the world, looking into eternity.

( 1 | 2 )
Lock this TopicMove this Topic Delete this Topic
Contact Us       Evernight Games

Copyright © 2001 TidalMark, Inc.