Sites with audio clips
This page provides links to digitized sound archives available on the
The archives listed here contain mostly sounds in U-LAW format. These
sounds play directly on a Sun audio device but you might need a
special software to get them to play on your machine. This document,
Properly your Web reader explains how to obtain the necessary
software and make the changes to your web browser in order to play
most sounds types on your Mac, Windows PC or UNIX machine. For
further information, try the Audio
This document is divided into the following sections:
USA (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) (also available
also, Chinese music,
PC sounds (.wav).
Japan (Science University of Tokyo)
python, movies, next
generation, phonemes, sayings, screams, series,
tracks, star trek, tv, unknown, whales
- SunSITE Europe (Imperial College, London)
from the multimedia
collection at Warsaw University
root dir (sounds),
see also, sounds (.mod).
- Bird calls from the Australian
National Botanic Gardens
University Department of Radio/TV/Film Audio Image Vault
- Production work of the students and faculty of Radio/TV/Film at
- Standard sounds distributed with:
- BMG Classics Classics World audio site
- The Canadian Music Exchange
- Canada's premiere site for Indie Candian Music
- Chicago PsyberView
- Chicago-area bands
- Cuban Music
- An annotated collection of authentic Cuban music playing on AM radio,
courtesy of Jay Novello.
- Euphony Magazine's Music Room
- The Internet Ghetto Blaster!
- Clayton Wynter's Hip-Hop music page
- Internet Underground Music
- ``the net's first free hi-fi music archive''
bands, 3.8 Gb of music and images and still growing!
also now involved in MBONE concerts - live
audio and video over the Internet!
- Manifest Records
Social Virus Inc.
- An indie multimedia company featuring graphics,
animation, political commentary, and science
fiction and lots of digitized music excerpts
- Music Kitchen
- Music Scene
- Musicians on the Internet
- ``A virtual radio station created and run by musicians on the World
- Nashville Online
- Pakistani Classical Music and Pakistani Modern Music
- Compiled by Bilal A. Bhutta
- ``An Online MultiMedia Catalog of Indie Music and More...''
- Reggae (.au)
- From the Jammin Reggae Archive home page
- Rock Around the World
- The #1 Rated, Nationally and Internationally aired
radio show of the 70's, is back through the Internet.
The RATW Internet site is designed to enable the viewer to,
literally, Rock Around the World through a wide range of entertaining
files, including RATW radio broadcasts, music sound bites, rock history,
new releases, radio programming, interviews, rock trivia, travel, and many
- RockWeb Interactive
- Ruckus Records
- A small indie label out of Portland, OR
- Song snippets
from the Rare Groove
- house, hip-hop, and techno music
Music's sound clips
- Includes artists from Columbia Records, Epic and Sony Classical
- Sound Wire
- An online merchant of new music with many MPEG sound clips and some
- VD records
- New music from VIBE magazine
- Virtual Radio
- New music posted by permission of the bands who made them.
- Windham Hill Records
- The World Square: Music
- Featuring independent labels such as
Bad Habits Music,
Big Round Records,
Black Boot Records,
East Side Digital Music,
Go Kart Records,
Hands On Music, Inc.,
Jazz Inspiration Records,
Propulsion Records ,
Royalty Records, and
Triloka Records/Worldly Music.
- The songs repository at ftp.luth.se
Alice in Chains,
Cause & Effect,
Derek and Dominoes,
Guns n Roses,
Mamas and Papas,
Men wo Hats,
Nine Inch Nails,
Pet Shop Boys,
Red Hot Chili Peppers,
Rise Robots Rise,
Simon & Garfunkel,
Soul II Soul,
- The songs repository at www.nvg.unit.no
Ole Og Dei,
Sites dedicated to individual music groups
- Beastie Boys
- DEF FX
- Elvis Presley
- God Street Wine
- The Grateful Dead
- Janet Jackson
- Nine Inch Nails
- Robbie Laws & The Urban All-Stars
- The Rolling Stones
- Slightly Miffed
- The Slowest Train in the World
- Suzanne Vega
- The Swamis - alternative pop from North Carolina
- They Might Be Giants
- Violet Arcana
- Willard E. Love
- 1992 U.S. Presidential Debate
- Michigan State University campus, October 19, 1992.
Best-quality Audio Web Poems
- Spoken word audio recordings
- Canadian Broadcasting Corportation Radio
- The Celebrity Lecture Series
- Sound clips from the Annual Celebrity Lecture Series, hosted
by Michigan State University.
- Cyberspace Report
- A public affairs radio show aired on KUCI, 88.9 FM in Irvine, California
- Internet Multicasting Service - at Internet Town Hall
- Try, for example, Radio on the Internet, Learn French from
Radio French International, Internet University,
and Internet Talk
Radio Travelling Circus.
- Complete archive of the
Internet Multicasting Service radio archives
- Choose a
Internet Talk Radio mirror site near you.
- Brief clips of the Jerky Boys offending over the phone at their best.
- KPIG Radio
- KPIG Radio Pig Parts (comedy bits) and the daily newscast and political commentary (in RealAudio format).
- Short sound clips discussing various aspects of US Law, courtesy of
the Indiana University School of Law
Media On Demand
- Private MBONE
retransmissions of previous MBONE multicast seminar sessions (see also
page for this service)
- Sound clips from movies from the SunSITE audio collection.
- See also: Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs
- The Nation's Forum
- Early Sound Recordings of America's Leaders, 1918-1920.
Courtesy of the Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division,
Library of Congress
- President Clinton's Saturday Radio Addresses
- An annotated set of radio addresses given between October 16 and
December 11, 1993. The complete set of Saturday radio addresses
(October 16, 1993 to present) is available from the UUNET
and Butthead, Bugs
Duck, Dr. Who,
Guide to the Galaxy, Late
Night with David Letterman, Mission
& Stimpy, Rocky
Night Live, Schoolhouse
Trek: The Next Generation,
- Vincent Voice
- Samples of historical speeches from the Vincent Voice
Library at Michigan State University.
Please use this form to mail
me your comments, suggestions or corrections. Thanks.
Last updated: Friday, 23-Aug-2002 16:24:32 CDT