Darren Paul GRIFFITH
U of A Weather
Darren Paul Griffith
Institute of Atmospheric Physics
Chinese Academy of Sciences
P.O. Box 9804, Beijing 100029, P.R. China
Home Phone: 86-10-82025407 (more)
Office Phone: 86-10-62050179 ext 804
Office Number: 816
ICBM: N 39° 58' 42", E 116° 22' 44"
- I have recently started a position at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing as an Assistant Research Scientist. I am currently involved as a technical editor of the journal Advances in Atmospheric Sciences (ISSN 0256-1530/CN 11-1924/O4, bimonthly). Started in 1984, AAS is published by Science Press, Beijing, and is an international English journal for the publication of original articles, letters, notes, and correspondence on the latest achievements and developments across the full range of atmospheric sciences, including atmospheric physics/chemistry, climate systems, and geophysical/planetary fluid dynamics.
- Statistical Climatology --
"When we give you the normal temperatures, it's not that we're being judgmental---we're just reporting the facts..." (Kevin Moose, CJSR)
- Current -- Enrolled in the Basic Certificate Course, Mayo School of Astrology
- Current -- Spoken Chinese, Private Tutor
- 2002 -- M.Sc. Applied Mathematics, Statistical Climatology, University of Alberta, Canada.
Thesis title: Processing of Daily Agroclimatic Data.
- 1997 -- B.Sc. Honours Mathematical Physics, University of Alberta, Canada.
- UNIX text processing tools and power tools.
- Python programming language.
- Operating systems: Minix, FreeBSD.
- Computational and observational astronomy.
- Celestial Navigation.
- Space physics.
- Amateur Radio -- VE6DPG.
- Mindfulness and authentic community.
- The Mad Philosopher -- I've started a web log!
- The sky right now -- tropical zodiac, geocentric planetary positions, updated every five minutes.
- Sunshine and Snowflakes -- Christmas music!
- Remembering Self -- an excerpt from Paul Ferrini's Wisdom of the Self.
- In and Out of Boxes -- another excerpt from Wisdom of the Self.
- Baba Ram Dass audio clips.
- The Start -- the story of Baba Ram Dass, by Ernest Scott.
- The Philosophies of Asia -- a transcript from a lecture given by Alan Watts. An excellent description of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Taoism (184 KB).
- Terra MacKenzie Hoover -- my niece's first webpage.
- mahatma coat -- a poem by christophe caron.
- Leaf Poem.
- Some photographs from my first roll (483 KB).
- Command-line dictionary -- a Unix shell script for querying www.dictionary.com.
- alt.astrology.moderated newsgroup on Google!
- The Dane Rudyhar Archival Project -- his music, art, literature, and philosophy, including online books!
- CJSR -- Edmonton's Independent 88.5 FM.
- CKUW -- University of Winnipeg Community Radio 95.9 FM.
- University of Alberta Libraries.
- Vue Weekly -- Edmonton's best source for world news, local news, and entertainment happenings.
- Geocaching -- A world-wide game for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Space Environment Center, NOAA.
- Starshine Satellite.
- Cherry Lane Movies (Beijing).
- Metro Cinema (Edmonton).
- Edmonton Movie Guide.
- Internet Movie Database.
- Edmonton City Centre Weather by Environment Canada.
- Beijing Weather by Environment Canada.
- My weather page.
last modified on 6 Jan 2003 Institute of Atmospheric Physics | Chinese Academy of Sciences