- Temper's Ball
- Speed

( 1 | 2 | 3 )
Author Reasons for gangbanging? (debate/questions)
Runecaster
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-06 08:29     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Having debated suicide kingdoms with Heraclius recently, perhaps we should turn our mind to another thing which seems to annoy players here. I think we've all had it happen to us but I'm now actually interested in the reasoning.

Gangbanging:

1) You have more then enough turns to cripple if not kill just about any kingdom in the game, if you can't do it then you're unready for the war or you completely messed up the strike.
2) Offence has the advantage here so you can win even though you hit up ridiculous amounts in nw. that's already been proved.
3) If you gangbang someone, the person you hit tends to come back and hit your kdms for revenge (I know I do and I've heard others say the same) while if you hit 1-v-1 a much smaller ratio remember your kdm name.

I know you're allowed to do whatever with your own kingdoms, that's not the point. The point is why do you do it? You don't need to hit with that many to ensure a victory and it just tends to annoy others. The only reason I can see is to kill the target or share the land. But more land is gained if you hit individual targets and a near dead kingdom is almost worthless if you refort correctly. And near dead is how the kdm should be if you play right.

Does anyone else have some ideas because I'm stuck on this one.

Evil Overlord of the Entire Universe, Master of all creation
~RIG~/~Ushers~/~FD~
Rift (WE ROCK ©)-Lead Guitarist

Calis
Marquis

Posted: 2002-06-06 09:53     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Because sometimes you hit more than 1 realm with 1 realm.

When I lead warchats in Maxim and guilds, I have a -serious- habit of rotating targets. I often have 5-7 members hitting one target a few times.

I do, or did, or would do, the same here in speed. While it may be a "gangbang" to the person looking at his realm, its really not, not when you are hitting 4 or more realms. You can't go pure one on one if you want to be turn-effective.

Of course, you could always just find all 4 realms someone has, and hit them with your 4 realms.

But that doesn't happen much lol...

from Pointy Sticks to ISA
Light¤G|M¤Dark
Leif's so steamy my monitor blew
Liara's Husband, everyones whore

Girardi
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-06 09:53     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
The way I see it is that a lot of people playing speed are completely new to the game. They may not know our customs and courtesies. They may also still be learning the game.
I let it slide. I tell them not to do it again and they they will learn something the hard way.

When Vets do it...(I have onece or twice with botched attacks)
it is either from a botched attack, or they really really want revenge on someone, and want to crush them into oblivion... or they are taking the easy way out.

I am not quite sure.
I will think more during my football game. :)

FD Raise up
Stryfe is my Lucky Star.
King Of Shameless Spam
I am Leif's slave. Envy me!

Bat
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-06 09:55     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I am making suicide kingdoms all the time now...

reasons...

1/When you are in top 10 and not belonging to the darden-foret faith, you get hit within the hour. If not within the hour then certainly within 8 hours. So why create well builded kingdoms when you will be killed or hit so bad the same day that you started hitting someone.

2/ 2 of my kings were scumkilled. Why staying on top when your kingdoms get scumkilled?

3/ defense sucks.. I can take down every kingdom on top when comming out of npp.
I see no reason to build when you cannot defend yourself against attackers

i tried building thousands of forts, 10nds of troops from all type's and nothing worked.

So to conclude, i like to make suicide kingdoms and keep on making them till we have a decent defense again.

And in one way or another i like to hit and run (delete).

I guess next age troops will be more balanced.

GM OATHBOUND
IOM GM-->Valid
SSS coGm+IN Master of Drobens
DARDEN killer in SPEED

Bat
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-06 09:57     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
and i normally use only one kingdom to take a kingdom out unless i start with 7000 acres a pop... Then i need 2 to kill

GM OATHBOUND
IOM GM-->Valid
DARDEN killer in SPEED

Runecaster
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-06 11:12     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Calis, I don't really see the application of fighting in Maxim and Guilds to fighting in Speed. Organising hits against a guild, yes, it's acknowledged that every kingdom in each guild is involved. But not in this game. People may have only one kingdom or even have kingdoms which they have otherwise involved and so cannot meet you 4-v-4.

Girardi: good point, hadn't thought about it that way. But I doubt there are that many new players.

Bat: I've lost countless top 10 kdms this age. I'm also hitting kdms in the top 50 with kdms ranked below 400 and winning. I'm not deleting either. I've won those wars too, I killed one outright and beat one down over a couple of days. I don't see suicide kingdoms as anything but a waste of time and a chance to annoy other players. You're pissed off because people can take your land, other people get pissed off cos you do and then delete. It's not changing the way the game is played but merely continuing the trend. I think that it's just acting worse than how you recieved it. Why stoop to the level of something that annoys you as a player?

~RIG~/~Ushers~/~FD~

Calis
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-06 11:22     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
RC, it's the -style-.

Going against 4 opponents, not necessarily all belonging to the same person, using all four of your realms to take those 4 down.

Most people tend to use the resources they have, especially when taking down bigger realms.

Voice Augustine
Voice

Posted: 2002-06-06 13:14     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Let's clear one thing up. My 2 cents if you will.

[petpeave]HITTING MORE WITH MORE THAN ONE KINGDOM ON ONE KINGDOM IS NOT AND I DO REPEAT NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! DEFINED AS GANGBANGING[/petpeave]

If you are hit with 10 or more kingdoms with in minutes of each other THAT is defined as gangbanging and for THAT I will look at it.

This here ends the Voice Rant.

For me a soul that still might love and hate, Shut in this fearful land and desolate, Changed by mine eyes to horror and to stone; For me perpetual anguish all alone
Card owned by Tal Beren

[ This Message was edited by: Voice Augustine on 2002-06-06 17:44 ]

Calis
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-06 15:42     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
*giggles*

Ooooh, I like it when yer mad, Voice A.

it's kinda sexy ;>

from Pointy Sticks to ISA
Light¤G|M¤Dark
Leif's so steamy my monitor blew
Liara's Husband, everyones whore

Kalena
Siquan

Posted: 2002-06-06 15:52     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Gee Calis aren't you ****** ******. You fill in the blanks *weg*

It has been insinuated that I gangbanged my attacker, when after my realm was left crippled I used another to hit and take the attacker down to a point where my crippled realm could do something.

I don't personally consider that gangbanging, even more so because the second realm was far lower ranked than the on that hit me.

Our wonderful Pet Voice, worships some more, is right, we are allowed to 4 realms how we use them is up to us. Yes it is nice to war 1 vs 1, sometimes that will happen other times you will be sorely disappointed if you always expect that style of play from all members

I don't think it has anything to do with how new a player is.

Kali-Lena
Dark Temptress

Rif_Raf
Siquan

Posted: 2002-06-06 18:13     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Yo, Batboy !

You are so full of shit !!!!

When you retalled against me, it was with 2 or more realms each time. ( and this has been more than once in the last week or so )

It had nothing to do with 7000 acres a pop, or me hitting you with more than 1 realm.
I didnt hit you that way, I dont need to.

You hit me out of anger and frustration, cause you were being hit from all over. This is understandable to a point, that point being that you made yourself a target.

1) by getting to the top 10

2) by slamming Dardens in your posts.

It is within the rules to hit the way you did, but dont try to justify the use of 2 or more realms on others that only hit you with 1, it only makes you out to be somewhat hypocritical.

I always have thought of you as a respectable person, please step back and take a look at what you are slowly changing into.

Dont let the dishonor of others turn you into one of them !!!

[ This Message was edited by: Rif_Raf on 2002-06-06 18:15 ]

Dark_link
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-06 18:51     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Does thsi include KingKiler kingdoms, kinda sad when you find a Kd that has the title as "KingKiller" *already dead trust me hehe*

-Link

GM of RoD
DoC (Comms AGM)
WoR
I purrr like a Husky... wait something's wrong here.

Heraclius
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-06 20:44     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Hello. My name is Herc. And I am an alcohol.....er, a sorc-banger. Well, I used to be. An alchol...er, Sorc-banger.

slaps self

For some strange reason (and I think its because of Runecaster's Jedi mind-trick) I actually started playing Speed to gain the King spot. Then I got in trouble with my brother and his friend. Then Bat killed my king. Er, or was it the other way around?

Anyway, Gangbanging is legal, and therefore not an issue.

logs off to go eat dinner

[edit] There is a hum in my computer. I took the god damn thing apart, and can't find it.[/edit]

[ This Message was edited by: Heraclius on 2002-06-06 20:46 ]

ImanCarrot
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-07 05:40     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I'd never GangBang out of conscience, I just couldn't do it, I mean to hit someone whith overwhelmind odds would kinda spoil the game for them. Dissapointingly, I've had requests for help in "hitting so and so" quite a few times... I just couldn't do it.

I was in War recently and only had one Kingdom. My opponent had two (or more) but only used the one. When I was attacked by another Kingdom they even apologised saying "didn't know you were already in a War" and offered a truce. We fought it out anyways (I lost) that for me is an enjoyable game.

I will however SuiSorc or ScumKill someone who I've got a grudge against- I got a few yellow stickies on my screen left to do, some folk might call this unfair *shrugs* each to their own.

[offtopic]That humming from your PC Heraclius?... stop the PC and check the fan on the heatsink on the Processor chip, sometimes a blade will break off and cause vibration. Once one blade goes more are sure to follow, I've had it happen twice. They're reasonably cheap, just unscrew the four self tapping screws from the Fan/Heatsing assembly (they screw into the gaps on the fins) and swap them over- saves getting heatsink compound all over the place. Remember antistatic precautions and don't vacuum the heatsink (causes static) clean if you have to using tissue/ cotton buds[/offtopic]

Sorry to have rambled.

Runecaster
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-07 11:43     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
MWAHAHAHA! Fear my jedi-mind trick!

*Cough*

Anyway, surely it's upto the players to decide what they mean by gangbanging? Gangbanging doesn't mean it's unfair, it just mean superior numbers as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and I get what you mean now, Calis. But it still seems strange to hit different people like that. The same person I can understand. I took a quad out with 3 kdms like that, hitting one kdm to dead and then swapping to 1-v-1s with the others. Never tried it against multiples though.

~RIG~/~Ushers~/~FD~

Gerien
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-07 14:24     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Quote:

On 2002-06-06 15:52, Kalena wrote:
Gee Calis aren't you ****** ******. You fill in the blanks *weg*

It has been insinuated that I gangbanged my attacker, when after my realm was left crippled I used another to hit and take the attacker down to a point where my crippled realm could do something.

I don't personally consider that gangbanging, even more so because the second realm was far lower ranked than the on that hit me.

Our wonderful Pet Voice, worships some more, is right, we are allowed to 4 realms how we use them is up to us. Yes it is nice to war 1 vs 1, sometimes that will happen other times you will be sorely disappointed if you always expect that style of play from all members

I don't think it has anything to do with how new a player is.

And for those of us who don't have the time to play four Speed kingdoms at once so only play one? Sure, there's nothing wrong with callign your big brothers into a fight you're losing, technically, but this isn't the real world, it's a pretend war. When you get smashed by someone else, that's when you just say "Nice hits, let's have peace" and move on. Then come back and hit 'em later on with a better built kingdom.

Bat
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-08 13:33     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Quote:

On 2002-06-06 18:13, Rif_Raf wrote:
Yo, Batboy !

You are so full of shit !!!!

When you retalled against me, it was with 2 or more realms each time. ( and this has been more than once in the last week or so )
that point being that you made yourself a target.

1) by getting to the top 10

2) by slamming Dardens in your posts.

Yes i love to hit kings and top 5 kingdoms and reach the top 10 when i do so, but when i am there i am getting hit immediatly by

1/ you maybe, with one kingdom
2/ someone else, with also one kingdom
3/ several others

I am not only taking out 1 kingdom i also hit several others when i am growing on naked, giggling and wicked ingins...

and speed is like castaway

one mess!

and you can be back real fast...

I love this game a lot.
And there is no dishonor in taking down kings with restarting kingdoms, believe me...

GM OATHBOUND
IOM GM-->Valid
DARDEN killer in SPEED

Rif_Raf
Siquan

Posted: 2002-06-08 15:02     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I said nothing about taking down the king.
( I was king for about an hour or so ! )
If you can take out anyone with a restart, thats great !!! ( especialy the king )
I was talking about you saying that you normally use 1 realm, unless you are getting 7000 acres a pop, etc...
When you hit me back after I took out your king realm with 1 realm, you hit me back with 3.
Then when I retalled a few days later, again you killed me with 3.
it goes against what you were saying in your thread, and against things you have posted in the past, thats all.

I too love this game, and dont like the way it has been this age at all, but there isnt much we can do about it. ( accept hope that the defense gets changed a bit when they reset )

Maybe saying you were full of shit was a little to much, but thats how I felt at the time I posted.

Hopefully we can war again sometime, and have fun while we are at it !!

Bat
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-08 15:21     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I really don't remember what your king(dom) was cauz i have several declarations on my kingdoms daily.

That's my own fault cauz i start normally hitting the top 5-10 with my restarts or with my eventually 2 days old kingdoms.

As told before i like speed a lot and will keep on hitting the way i am playing it right now.

And if you were king then we certainly meet again.

GM OATHBOUND
IOM GM-->Valid
DARDEN killer in SPEED

Torkano
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-08 15:22     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Rif-Raf, If you expect 1 vs 1, go play Solo. This is Speed. Its a different game with a differing style of play. The way you play and build may be different to better suit you for this game than what you would normally use in another. You are allowed 4 realms so anyone can use them in any manner they choose. You may not like it so deal with it. Don't bitch.

Those who don't know of their history are doomed to repeat it.
TNE, IN, IOM,
TLS
Save me, please!

Damn! I love Turmoil

( 1 | 2 | 3 )
Lock this TopicMove this Topic Delete this Topic
Contact Us       Evernight Games

Copyright © 2001 TidalMark, Inc.