- Temper's Ball
- Speed

( 1 | 2 )
Author Respect for fellow players.....
_Brodicus_
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-07 18:49     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote

After playing speed i have come to a conclusion that there isnt a lot of diplomacy and respect for fellowplayers...

Currently it seems that if you are at teh end of building your acres and you cant offer for shit you are left with an option...

Hit somebody.......but this is a very interesting predicement....if you hit somebody you will be dead the next day...so all that building was for nothing.... then the realm that attacked you back you hit...so infact that one now dies and then you get retaliated back etc etc and all this can happen without a scribe or anything...just a load of bitterness....

THERE IS TOO MUCH BITTERNESS GET RID OF IT......

I was hit by somebody i think yesterday or the day before.... hit me 3 times and that was it...

I let it go because i still had my realm with acres in it and i would have lost the lot but the realm didnt take it all...it just wanted that little bit to build on thankin yer ta...

So yousee we need to communicate within the game....

Lets excersize a little dimplomacy and show some respect for our fellow players....bu please slap the ones that are twats as hard as you can..they deserve it :-P

GO -->

[ This Message was edited by: _Brodicus_ on 2002-06-07 18:50 ]

Bob Wahn
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-07 19:04     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Hehe, you know the funny thing Brod is that the Kingdom I attacked you with that day was bitch-slapped down by two other kingdoms I had never seen on the scrolls. Oh well :-) It's only a game...

Robert Nesta Wahn XIII
|SotEP|ALT|
Honorary Member of Penguins Inc.
First Grand Lieutenant of Lemming Patrol

_Brodicus_
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-07 19:09     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote

Hey your icon is as energetic as mine :-P

GO -->

SilverStorm
Siquan

Posted: 2002-06-07 19:26     Profile; Edit   Reply w/Quote
i totally agree brod!

there comes a time in a realms life.. when you just have to hit someone... and then die :P

Atticus Forghon

Posted: 2002-06-07 21:29     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Part of the problem is if you attack someone's realm, it wont turn out to be 1 vs. 1, it'll be there 4 realms vs. your 1. I am guilty of this as well, although im not proud of it. =) Sometimes you just have to get a little revenge.

Dark shadows fall on this sacred ground,
Where true evil lies, summon them to rise,
Take the traitors, thieves and liars, feed them to the fire.

Sentinel Praetor of SotEP(Guilds)-GM of AF(Valid)

Brimstone
Tiram

Posted: 2002-06-07 21:48     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Bob's icon, if you haven't guessed, is the almighty BOB MARLEY!

*Runs before Bob can kill him for revealing his icon's identity*

Your life is lost, your soul is damned.
But it feels too good to make a stand.

Brimstone
ALT | ? | SotEP

_Brodicus_
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-09 05:36     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote

Heres another one for yer...

When are people going to stop wasting time by just scumming other people to death randomly.....the only reason i can see people do it is for some pathetic attempt at feeling powerfull...

(Look at me i can detroy what you have easy peacy and you will never see me Nerr Nya Nyer Nyerr nyerrrrr)

I just hate it.....stop trying to prove that you can kill a realm with scum please unless its a strategic hit because you know a war realm will strike you then do it...otherwise to simply take out a war realm because it lacks thieves is totally pointless and discusts me.....

Yes you Bastards....

move along now..

GO -->

Runecaster
Venrii

Posted: 2002-06-09 10:39     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I'm gonna go out on a limb and agreeing with Brodicus.

There seem to be a minimum of players at the moment who show respect and so on for other players. Makes the game a rather annoying place at times.

Evil Overlord of the Entire Universe, Master of all creation
~RIG~/~Ushers~/~FD~
Rift (WE ROCK �)-Lead Guitarist

Lucifire
Siquan

Posted: 2002-06-09 18:05     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I am glad to hear others talking about this method of killing,with as much distaste as I hold for it.I have been playing evernight for a short period of time...and I have managed to not scumkill anyone (except for guilds) The reason for this is quite simple....What is the point? It takes no skill, you gain nothing from it,and it ruins something that it took someone a lot of time to build.Scum has it's place I would hate to lose the ability entirely,but these punks that think its funny to just go around killing kingdoms just for the sake of killing kingdoms really it escapes me what the fun is in doing that.I have come to the conclusion that they are so weak mentally that the thought of a real challenge from an enemy that can strike back and use stratagy is too much for them.I guess if you dont have the ability to war,killing for no reason and no gain would seem like fun.

From the depths of Hell Rises one that would rule with Pain and Fury, a spirit so Evil and full of Rage that the Demons flee at the mention of his name......

Bob Wahn
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-09 21:35     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Scum killing sucks, period. But it is a necessary part of the game. The only reason I would scum kill someone is for revenge, that's it. I don't feel powerful after scum killing someone because it is just a wussy way to kill a kingdom.

B.Y.O.B - Bring Your Own Boo-ya!
Honorary Member of Penguins Inc.
First Grand Lieutenant of Lemming Patrol

Kalena
Siquan

Posted: 2002-06-09 22:35     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
I am a scummer by trade and I really get tired of people going on about Scum killing.

Its a legal and legitimate aspect of the game and there is in my opinion nothing wrong with the act of scum killing during a state of war.

I don't agree with scum killing out of war or just for the hell of it, I don't agree with burning out of war, just for the hell of it. Those however are my ethics and not everyone agrees or adheres to it.

Besides if I'm not allowed to choose the option of scum killing the aggressor then the aggressor should have considered that fact before he attacked.

Heres a novel idea, I don't like people who make warrior strikes, let get them banned.

Kali-Lena
Dark Temptress

Dagrim
Solera

Posted: 2002-06-09 23:16     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Yeah, what Kalena said. I had this perfectly happy scum realm, and some bloody unfair warrior came along and killed it with war strikes. That's just not a fair thing to do to my carefully built scum realm.

If I've built a scum realm, you should be required to attack it using scum, otherwise it's just not fair, and you are using under-handed unfair and definitely un-sporting tactics to do ought but try to scum me. It takes no skill to war kill a scum realm, where is the satisfaction in doing that?

Oh, and those people who use sorcery against my realm that didn't build many temples, that's not fair either. If I'm weak in temples, its unfair to attack me that way, too.

Ok, I agree that being scum-killed can be distressing, mostly because in all the other forms of attack, you at least get to see who did you in, but in a scum-kill, it can be completely anonymous. But, hey, if you don't want to be scum-killed anonymously, carry more scum. Sure, now you'll be more vulnerable to a realm hitting you with warstrikes... but that's what this game is about, making trade-offs. There is no one sure solution, you have to balance different choices.

Jack the Ripper
Tiram

Posted: 2002-06-10 03:31     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Well, this is interesting...
Really it all boils down to your goal in this game. Most are here for fun, now some have fun in diffrent ways!, NAMELY killing other people/having better kingdoms/reaching king spot. Some people have fun by helping others out. Some get fun by killing/making peole feel bad for no reason.

If it was easy for the rest of us to kill those who get fun out of killing us for fun, I would like to do so. But then we would take away their fun. This is a very odd game. Its a game, and everyone i think likes winning, so why don't we all plan to win?

but some people are not that bent on world domination, err i mean, they don't really care about being king, and wouldn't mind much losing a kingdom or two, if your one of these people, and you read so far, please make me happy and give me you land, Thanks!

Jack the Ripper
Tiram

Posted: 2002-06-10 03:33     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
And when i do absorb your land and cash, please don't be so bitter about it!

_Brodicus_
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-10 06:18     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote

Kalena please accept that we are on about people scum killing for no reason whatsoever....I accept scumming for tactical reasons as much as everybody else playing...and so i use it in that respect...but people who either have nothing better to do or lack any other talent but to scum are the ones spoiling the game.....

Kalena
Siquan

Posted: 2002-06-10 15:29     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Brodicus, doesn't mean to say I'm still not sick of reading and hearing about it and I voiced that fact. I also voiced my personal stance on it.

Kali-Lena
Dark Temptress

Scribe
Tiram

Posted: 2002-06-10 22:26     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
well i killed 1 guy who attacked me.
then killed another who said hed get me back so i killed him 1 more time, then he left happy :)

_Brodicus_
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-12 03:23     Profile;   E-mail   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote

Kalena you are most certainly allowed to voice your opinion...but as a minority on this subject and feeling you have to defend yourself for scumming people possibly honourably kind of defeats the whole object of the debate...Which are people pointlessly scum killing at random and for no gain whatsoever.....Unless you do it yourself and so feel the need to have to post defencive scribes, all i can say is that......

Profit
Siquan

Posted: 2002-06-21 22:07     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
Would someone really waste 400 turns to scum kill a total random target? This is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong I have scummed killed my share of kingdoms, but always with reason. Even if was revenge. I have scum killed people late in the age, when they attacked me months earlier. I hold grudges, sue me.

I believe there is a reason, we are just left in the dark about it. It could be your kingdom name. I have seen some questionable ones, that deserve it. Or someone you pissed two ages ago. Or even your fellow guildmate for switching sides, damn those traitors.

I just dont see someone building a strong scummer kingdom and then wasting hundreds of turns for no reason.

Come on what your reason, for scum killing? I know you have done it, every one does it.

A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its more important to be human, than to be important.

Gathis
Ominar

Posted: 2002-06-22 00:09     Profile;   Homepage Edit   Reply w/Quote
In the Entire time of Canon, I have NEVER scumkilled anyone... I have in maxim , sorc killed someone because I was ordered to, but I do not find it an honorable way to battle. I have no desire to take someone out without letting them know who their opponent is. I have on the other hand been scumkilled a number of times myself and truly dislike it.

I believe you are right though profit that there is always a reason, even if we do not know what it was... I believe I was randomly scumkilled, but it is possible there was a reason.

Truth is the first casualty in any war and always the last wound to heal
Lord Rabond
Ever the king of ... well his own kingdom anyway

( 1 | 2 )
Lock this TopicMove this Topic Delete this Topic
Contact Us       Evernight Games

Copyright © 2001 TidalMark, Inc.