First Annual Conference on
The Public Health Advocacy Institute
Affidavit for the Legal Strategies Workshop - June 22, 2003
I, ( print name), ________________________________, being duly sworn, depose, say and swear under oath and subject to legal penalties that:
1. I understand that the Legal Strategies Workshop portion of the First Annual Conference on Legal Approaches to the Obesity Epidemic (the “Workshop”) is intended to encourage and support litigation against the food industry and that information acquired at this Workshop is to be considered confidential in keeping with these interests.
Accordingly, I agree not to appear as an expert witness or work
as a consultant or in any other capacity for or in the food industry
before December 31, 2006.
3. I understand and agree that this affidavit may be used to prove a conflict of interest should I violate the previous paragraph.
4. I, and any firm/organization for which I am working, am not currently retained by, and hereby commit myself and my firm/organization not to take as a client, any defendant in the food industry case before December 31, 2006.
5. I understand and agree that this affidavit may be used to prove a conflict of interest should I or my firm/organization undertake to represent or in any manner work for a defendant in the food industry before December 31, 2006.
6. Furthermore, if another firm/organization that represents a food industry prior to December 31, 2006 employs me, I undertake to inform them of my participation in this Workshop and to avoid any participation, direct or indirect, in their representation of such a defendant.
7. I pledge that I will not reveal what I have learned at the Workshop, or share any of the materials obtained from the Workshop, with any person who works directly or indirectly for the food industry.
8. I agree that I will not attempt to make any tape or other audio or video recording of any portion of the Workshop, and that I will report to the Workshop organizers any person whom I know or suspect of doing so.
Signed: ____________________________ Date: ____________________________
This affidavit was signed and sworn before me on this ____ day of June, 2003.
___________________________________ Notary Public
© 2003 The Public Health Advocacy Institute, Inc.