Welcome to Eve's Medieval Games!

Eventually I hope to host rules, links to rules on other sites and all sorts of interesting game stuff. For now I'm just hosting artwork. I make board games that are both pretty and functional. Originally I made them on masonite. I soon learned that this was NOT a practical material to carry to events. I now make my boards on fabric using acrylic paints. This makes them easily portable and washable.

I made several board games in Australia that were given away as gifts to friends because I didn't think that they would make it home safely on the plane (and I was already pushing the weight limit). This is when the fatal flaw in the masonite board games first occured to me. I also felt like leaving something of me behind with the people who had meant so much to me and who had taken me in to their homes and hearts for the last 5 months. I don't unfortunately have images of any of these boards.

A close-up of the border.

The only completed game I kept from Australia was this pente board. The edging was the most intricate of any I did while I was there and I was particularily taken with it, though not having a Pente board when I designed it, I found out when I got home that I'd messed up a few things. Ah well.

The border was taken from a 14th? century manuscript. Unfortunately, the book is back in the school's library in Australia and I neglected to write down the source - silly me.


A detail of the geese

The other board I brought home from Australia was a Fox and Geese game board done in a celtic theme. I just couldn't design celtic foxes so I brought it home to further contemplate it and I have never gotten back to it.

The geese were adapted from a theme in a how to draw knotwork book which I will name as soon as I go look it up.


A detail of the border

The first fabric board I completed was a nine men's morris board given as a gift to a young boy who was the best server I ever had at feast. He kept my tiny glass topped up with water all night (which has NEVER happened before or since) and so I decided to make the board with a water theme to show my appreciation.

Fabric paints helped to speed the production of this board game as did the quick edging with a serger.

The spirals were taken from the same how to draw knotwork book as above.

At his last co-op position my boyfriend became a rather rabid Go fan. So for Christmas I decided to make him his own Go board.

The Chinese Dragons took me a few hours to find at an online dragon images site. The lattice-work was inspired by a children's picture book I took out from the library.

The most recently completed fabric board game (which was the first one I started) is a backgammon game. This board was a painstakingly long project because it was entirely painted by brush (no nifty fabric paints). As such it looks a lot flatter and "cleaner" and doesn't tend to stick to itself when folded. This never damages the other boards, just makes a really weird noise when they are unfolded. Similar to the noise it makes when the back of your legs stick to a leather car seat in the summer.

The edging was taken from a costume manual - either Norris or Kohler I believe. Again, I neglect to write down my source.

Return to my home

This is my first go at a webpage, so I'd love comments if you've got them!

Email Me!

Fight Spam! Click Here!