To specify a program to start upon connection
In the Remote Desktop Connection window, click Options.
- On the Programs tab, under Start a program, click Start the following program on connection.
- In the Program path and file name box, type the path and file name of the program that you want to run after the connection is created.
- Optionally, in the Start in the following folder: box, type the path to the working directory of the program.
- Click Connect.
- To open Remote Desktop Connection, click Start, point to Programs or All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.
- This option is available only if you are connecting to a terminal server.
- When the connection is made, only the specified program runs on the remote computer.
- There are two ways to end a session.
- To end the session and close the program, use the program's Exit command.
- To disconnect the session and leave the program running on the remote computer, right-click the computer icon in the upper right corner of the Remote Desktop window, and then click Close.
- To specify a path, type the drive letter followed by a colon (:) and a backslash (\), type the names of the folders and subfolders that contain the file, separating each name with a backslash, and then type the name of the file or folder you want to open.
- When you click Connect, the information you have entered in Options becomes the default setting for all Remote Desktop connections and is saved in a file called Default.rdp. To create connections with different or connection-specific options, see Save your connection settings to a file
Save your connection settings to a file