<< Promotion Center
<< Links Directory

<< Fanatics Site
<< Fanatics Shop
<< Fanatics Library Your Login Info

Not a Member Yet?

Lord of the Rings Videogames
Lord of the Rings SideShow Statues & Busts

Forum Overview | Last Forum Posts | Last House Posts | Forum Stats | People On | Plaza Kingdoms | FAQ  

All Forums
    Meduseld

Printer Friendly Version Post reply    Post New Topic

SubjectAethelmund Tavern XXVIII (Cavalry Only Pub)
   Blædtunge ( 1515 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 11:15
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Blædtunge's profileProfile Visit Blædtunge's homepageHomepage Quote Blædtunge's postQuote
 Stout wooden doors swing wide as you enter. Lanterns adorn the beams of the ceiling and along with the flames in the fireplace cast a warm glow about the main room. A long bar lined with many stools faces one wall, while tables line another. A section of the floor is clear from obstructions, clearly meant for dancing. The owner serves as barkeep and has three barmaids in his employ as well as an excellent cook who happens to be his wife. Upon the wall are several portraits of past Marshals and other Riders of legend. Above the fireplace is hung the head of a great boar, provided by a regular patron of the pub, who for now remains anonymous. Beside it hangs an Easterling shield of glossy black with a yellow stripe, a relic of a recent campaign.

Finally, the Cavalry Pub is nice and clean again! Let’s hope this one does not get burned down such as those of Cav legends.  And of course, what would a Cavalry Pub be with out the rules:

1.) Stay in character. We are RPing as military of the 3rd Age of Middle Earth. Act accordingly. Order a drink, tis why we’re in a pub, but also say something worthwhile. And by all means, feel free to shout out a song, just make sure you provide original lyrics (at least two stanzas).
 2.) Be creative, this is here so you can have a place to live out your fantasy of living in ME, so keep it within those boundaries by keeping it ME related. This pub is also a place for troops to meet and make comments to each other about things in other Cavalry threads, in which comments may not be appropriate.
 3.) The Cavalry and Kingdom rules are in effect here, obey them. This includes both CHATTING and SPAMMING. There is no 200 post rule as yet- do not make me have to introduce it.
 4.) Only members of the Cavalry post in here, please -- trainees are included as members, for pub purposes.
 5.) NO ANIMALS WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL. APPLY TO THE FIRST MARSHAL FOR PERMISSION. ( eledhwyn@hotmail.com )

6.) Have fun!

To help us remain in character, meet some of our pub characters!  Enjoy a delight from the menu as you relax with fellow Cav members.

First, the Barkeep ~ Sceohund or CloudHound
Barmaids ~ Mirigemaegden, the ’merry-maiden, Raþdegn (clever servant) and  Folcawyn
The Cook ~ Blioecoc (cheerful cook)
Drinks and food on the menu:
   Oromë’s Bletsung, this red wine is truly a blessing, a real nectar of the Gods.
   Hwitsceo, a fluffly concoction of clear filtered ale mixed with just a touch of white clover honey topped with mounds of sweetened whipped cream.
   Glavrol, a fine and delicious wine that won’t make you drunk, but will cause you to babble nonsense should you drink too much
   Mirigetunge, a type of tiny honey cake baked over the fire, and sure to go well with any drink.
   Gedwol, a dish of salmon grilled in a sauce reminiscent of barbecue with a hint of lilac. It goes well with a foaming tankard of 1320 malt.
   WildeBur, or Wild Boar.  The drink is fairly basic, consisting of a mixture of honey ale, stirred in with some fresh cream, and fruit juice, usually from a cherry, but can be substitued with any fresh fruit.  The appearance is rather red and frothy, invigorating the onlooker with a thirst for the hunt, and the mead has a kick like an angered boar, yet the fruit gives a mellow finish, the end of the hunt.
   Readsteda, which means Red Stallion.  It has a strong amount of Ale and a few shots of some other Rohirrim Ingredients for extra energy. Can be added to almost any Rohirrim Drink or juice.
   ’Faestbrand’ because that’s what it’ll feel like going down your throat."   A mix of whiskey, ale, a little splash of beer and  a little spalsh of *a dark eliqir* for taste.
   Stelitunge, a cake mixed with a little honey, a bit of ale, lemon, and some extra strong *something or other*
   Hefonciese, a soft-crust goat’s cheese, nice and creamy.
   The Arduilas Hara will from now proudly supply the Cavalry pubs with ample supplies of its famous wines (red, white and rosé) and cheeses, for your pleasure and enjoyment.
   Wisedreda se Remy, the wise strength of Remy, the name needs no explanation.......all who attempt to tackle this sandwich shall feel the wind of Remy beneath their wings, and the whisper of his voice in their ears, and may they remember better days, and look forward to Remy’s return............  (THE premiere dish of the house!)
   Stout Halbert, a delicious dark beer introduced to us by our very own Blædtunge.

And for all the newest Trainees, a drink that reflects the rigors of your recent training:  Bilewitdox.....roughly translated, I believe it means "The Dusk of Innocence".   A perfect drink for a newly initiated, its first filled with a light ale, my mother said it symbolized the innocence of the young trainee.  Then, the mixer will take the sap from a beech tree aged exactly 2 weeks, and fermented with sour lemons, and pour this into the light ale.  The horrible strength and acidity of this sap signifies the new life of a hardened veteran warrior, the bittersweet life of a wigend.  (Compliments of  The Bilewitdoxier~Or BLAME the Bilewitdoxier, whatever the case!)

Here’s an excellent link that will help with your descriptions of things you may wish to either add to the pub’s excellent atmoshere, or just for your own character development  ~ http://rohan.elendor.net/role-play/words.html Food and Drinks must be from the Middle Ages. (No sodas <that includes Dr. Pepper!>, burgers, chocolate, or milkshakes, etc)

Check out all the fun at the last Aethelmund Tavern XXVII (Cavalry Only Pub)

Post with care and character, lest ye incur the chiding of Isenfolme the Scary! (And her two friends, the hot blooded Bryneheolfor and Bilewitdoxier the Initiator!

The Bryneheolfor: an Edge Rider with Sicilius.
~2nd Marshal of the Riddermark, Retired~
~Blodbroðor of Amhran~
   Calil-Gadien ( 1405 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 11:22
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Calil-Gadien's profileProfile Visit Calil-Gadien's homepageHomepage Quote Calil-Gadien's postQuote
*Since she had not been in for a long time, Calil skipped in merrily to the Cavalry Pub and skipped in the direction of the bar.  She smiled happily at Sceohund and placed her order.  "Can i have the usual please?  Ale and a little honey cake please, you are the best at making them !"  She watched him make them happily, paid him and went to a large comfy armchair by the fireplace to sit, drink and eat.  She waited to see if anyone she knew would come through the doors...*
   Kakaro Dunami ( 832 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 11:46
   Captain of the Mark       View Kakaro Dunami's profileProfile Visit Kakaro Dunami's homepageHomepage Quote Kakaro Dunami's postQuote
Seeing her mother enter the Aethelmund pub Kakaro quickly left the market outside and entered the pub, greeting her mother. "Greetings mother! It has ben a while! How are you? How are things doing at home? have you already check Sirafex if he is allright?" Kakaro burried her under the questions. "And how is The Hobbit doing in the paddocks? he usually doesn’t like new places."
   Calil-Gadien ( 1405 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 12:04
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Calil-Gadien's profileProfile Visit Calil-Gadien's homepageHomepage Quote Calil-Gadien's postQuote
*Calil turned and smiled at her daughter and turned the chair round to face her.  "Yes, they are all doing great.  Thank you sooooo much for Sirafex!  He is a dream!  He is almost as good as Spirit!  I thought that there may have been some confrontaion between them since they are both top stallions, but they act like brothers!  They get a long sooo well.  and yes, The Hobbit is getting on great too!  Moon seems to have taken a liking to him and they are also friends.  How are you doing dear?  I hope that the herd is ok now without some of the horses there?"  She sips her ale and smiles sweetly at her daughter...*
   Kakaro Dunami ( 832 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 12:37
   Captain of the Mark       View Kakaro Dunami's profileProfile Visit Kakaro Dunami's homepageHomepage Quote Kakaro Dunami's postQuote
"Oh well, the horses are doing great, but to many foals are born and I have to sell, give or trade them away because my herd is getting to big and the mares and stallions to small, if you know what I mean. ut everything goed well, everybody wants foal of me... most of them, my nieghbour doesn’t like my horses very much, maybe ecause they are prettier then theirs." Kakaro said smirking at the thought of her neighbour.
   Amhran ( 1494 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 12:59
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Amhran's profileProfile Visit Amhran's homepageHomepage Quote Amhran's postQuote
Amhran padded into the pub and slid into a seat. "Boy, haven’t been in here in a long time." She turned on the stool to look out the window: a wind blustered around the pub. The air was warm, but the wind had the bite of oncoming frost. As it blew it bore with it a few turning leaves off the trees surrounding the pub; red and gold and orange fluttered like confetti past the window. A small smile curved its way across the Ærest’s lips. She liked cold weather. Pulling her cloak around her, she ordered a Bletsung to warm her interiour and took it to one of the overstuffed armchairs near the fire. She chuckled at the conversation. "Aye, Kakaro, ye do indeed have fine horses. I may buy one of ye some day. Athair, me da, raised sheep, so I canna relate tae yer problem with yer neighbour. But we did have some issues over who had the biggest shearing every year. Ye shoulda seen the look on me neighbour’s face when Athair drove past wi’ his load. He coulda chewed rocks, and Athair had the biggest grin I ha’ e’er seen, so he did." Amhran threw back her head and laughed at the memory. "Never believe when they tell you shepherding is boring. Nay, lass."
   Aelfric ( 87 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 13:24
   Stable Hand of Rohan       View Aelfric's profileProfile Visit Aelfric's homepageHomepage Quote Aelfric's postQuote

*Aelfric entered the pub with a worn look upon his face. He quickly found a table near the corner looked at the people in the room. His eyes brightened as he saw the mugs of ale at the bar. He quickly approached the bar and smiled*

"Sceohund, if you please a pint of Hwitsceo. And perhaps a dish Gedwol? I cant tell you the last time that I have eaten I have been so busy." Aelfric quickly pays Sceohund and finds a table and started to devour the samon. He leaned back wiping the froth of the mug from his lips when he reached into his pocket and stuff a generous amount of tobacco. He struck a match and quickly lit the tobacco and puffs of smoke quickly filled the room. He tried his hand at forming some smoke rings but there were oddly formed. He frowned but continue to lean back in his chair and enjoy the pipe.

Aelfric of the Mark
Cavalary Trainee
Broðor to Fëawen Rædric
Owner of Gruthing the horse
   Blædtunge ( 1515 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 13:27
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Blædtunge's profileProfile Visit Blædtunge's homepageHomepage Quote Blædtunge's postQuote
 Blædtunge heard the voice of his sweostor borne along by the wind as he was passing by the Pub. He hadn’t talked with her in awhile, so he went on in. He took off his cloak and propped his sword up on the cloakrack, and entered in. "A Stout Halbert, Sceohund," he requested, and immediately found Amhran upon receipt of said drink. He sat down in the seat right by her and smiled. "How fare ye, lass?" he asked.

~Blodbroðor of Amhran~
   Malorn ( 298 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 13:36
   Horse Trainer of Rohan       View Malorn's profileProfile Quote Malorn's postQuote
Malorn walked into the after another hard day at the books and sword training. He was glad to see the Second Marshal already here. At the moment though Blaed seemed to be engaged in conversation with someone else, so any conversation would have to wait until he was done. He ordered a Stout Halbert from the Bar Keep and tasted it, it seemed smooth to him. Well probably becuase the after taste of the Bilewitdox was still in the back of his throat and just about anything was better than that. He waited until Blaed looked up and gave him a quick nod of the head and a slight raise of his mug in the Second Marshals direction, but remained silent for the time being.

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won’t.

~Sperewigend of the Eastmark~
   susy ( 546 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 14:01
   Knight of the Mark       View susy's profileProfile Quote susy's postQuote
Susy walks into the pub, but when she sees Calil, she runns in Mommy! She calls to her. Within a few steps, she has made her way to her mother and gives her a hug. It’s really wierd having a mother you’ve never seen before... much less a daughter. She laughs as she squeezes her mother. Then she walks to Kakaro and gives her a hug. I love my family! But please, excuse me as I go and get something to drink she sais as she makes her way quickly over to the bar to order a Stout Halbert.
   Fëawen ( 1498 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 14:51
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Fëawen's profileProfile Visit Fëawen's homepageHomepage Quote Fëawen's postQuote

Fëawen, after a long weary day, her fair visage bearing an expression most melancholy, entered Aethelmund.  With her sack of books across her shoulder she made her way to the bar to speak with Sceohund, “Here you go, my dear…” she said.  “The herbs as I had promised to replace… I had even added a wee bit more, since you were so obliging to make my special request. And I’ll have the usual if you please… a cup of raspberry tea, and a Stelitunge.”

And as she took her tea and cake, she looked at the door dolefully, and released a regretful sigh, as if she were waiting for a long lost friend to make an entrance…

She then turned to the fire and crossed the floor, nodding to all with a weary smile and shivering from the temperature change, having just come in from the cold.  And lo and behold, there seemed to be someone sitting there, a tall Rider (though, to Fëawen, everyone was tall) with a mane of wavy sun kissed copper …in her favorite seat…  She walked over, to ask if she could join the young man … and nearly dropped her books upon her own foot, once seeing the bearded face behind the pipe…

Aelfric?  Is that you?  I cannot believe my eyes… You have finally arrived, and are here in Aethelmund.”

And Fëawen embraced her brother, Aelfric, lovingly…

Fëabryneher
Med SW1C
This air is blessed, you share with me...
   Aelfric ( 87 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 15:13
   Stable Hand of Rohan       View Aelfric's profileProfile Visit Aelfric's homepageHomepage Quote Aelfric's postQuote

Aelfric nearly spilled his ale from the sudden embrace from his sister. He stood and shouted in delight as  Fëawen hugged him. Just a few moments ago the pub was filled with sounds of laughter and merriment. Now it was all different as Aelfric’s attention was now focused on  Fëawen.  He smiled broadly as he lifted her into the air and then spun her around.

He quickly let her back down and gave his sister another embrace. "You never change dear sister. Here you are in Aethelmund sporting books when you should be lifting a glass of wine. Yes, after all this time I have finally arrived here."

He nearly dragged his sister to the table and quickly retrieved a chair for her. He clasped her hands and continued to smile. "I can not thank you enough the letters and the cake that you sent to me. Well, many of the fellow Riders also thank you as well for the cakes did not last long. Tell me all that has happened. I want to know everything!"

Aelfric of the Mark
Cavalary Trainee
Broðor to Fëawen Rædric
   Miny Aranor ( 693 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 15:29
   Captain of the Mark       View Miny Aranor's profileProfile Quote Miny Aranor's postQuote

After some time away from the cavalry pub Miny opens the door and steps inside. He smiles at the amount of riders already present and walks over to the counter. He nods at Sceohund and says: "Long time no see Sceohund. I am ever so glad to be back here. I would like a Glavrol as usual." the second after he said that Sceohund had delivered Miny his drink. He smiled and paid for the drink. He turned around and saw some familiar faces.

He waved at Kakaro and Fëawen, after that he grabbed his drink and sat on a nearby table seeing that everybody he knew was already with company he didn’t want to interrupt anything and sat there, drinking his Glavrol and enjoying the nice atmosphere waiting for someone he knew to come and talk with him.

~Santa Miny~
1st Knight of Bereth
Blod-Broðor of Bereth
Heart Body and Soul pledged to Talathiel
Sperewigend 1st Class of Meduseld
   Ásharak ( 468 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 15:50
   Cave Troll       View Ásharak's profileProfile Quote Ásharak's postQuote

Rædfah enters Aethelmund and removes his cloak, muttering something about the steady drizzle outside and having to train all day in the mud. Oh well, such is the life of a soldier. He greets Sceohund and orders a Gedwol and a Stout Halbert. He takes his drink and looks for a spot to sit while he´s waiting for the food.  He approaches Miny´s table and says. "Westu hal Sperewigend. Do you mind a little conversation while I await my supper?"

~Warrior of the Morannon~
~Darkmage of the Necromancers Guild~
~Wearer of the Red Gauntlet of the Gatekeepers of Mordor~
   Fëawen ( 1498 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 16:09
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Fëawen's profileProfile Visit Fëawen's homepageHomepage Quote Fëawen's postQuote

“Not much, Dear Aelfric” she replied taking a seat, “You know me… reading… working on the garden and the usual sword practice… with the occasional break for a cup of tea.   But what about you… tell me of your Cavalry training…”

And then Fëawen noticed Miny’s friendly gesture and then take a seat at a table alone…

“Miny… no need to seat yourself all the way over there, and all alone… come sit with me – with us, I should say… there is someone whom I would love for you to meet…” And Fëawen made a graceful gesture to her brother, “This is my brother, Aelfric.  He is a Cavalry Trainee… and is studying with Faramirr at the moment.”

Fëawen then mussed her brother’s head of wavy copper hair, “And as you can see… the two of us bare no resemblance”

Fëabryneher
Med SW1C
   Winky the Sock ( 914 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 16:22
   Hobbit Elder       View Winky the Sock's profileProfile Quote Winky the Sock's postQuote

Winky strolled in, having been admitted to the Cavalry earlier that day.  Approaching the bar, he calls out, "Hello, Sceohund!  A bit of ale would do me good at the moment.  Thanks!" Weary and thirsty, the Rohirrim collapses in an armchair by Kakaro and Calil.  Chugging his ale, he says, "Hello!  Nice to see you all here.  Would you mind if I joined you?"

Cavalry Trainee
Engaged to Calil
   Amhran ( 1494 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 17:04
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Amhran's profileProfile Visit Amhran's homepageHomepage Quote Amhran's postQuote
Amhran’s smile at the appearance of her broðor lighted her face. "Nae badly at all, laddie. Though nae much interestin’; tae quiet around the borders ’tis. I’d almost - almost, ye ken - be grateful fer a guid skirmish wi’ some barbarians tae liven things up a bit." She chuckled softly and took a slurp of her Bletsung. "How about ye, Blædtunge?"
   Eilonwy Mearas ( 724 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 17:21
   Knight of the Mark       View Eilonwy Mearas's profileProfile Quote Eilonwy Mearas's postQuote
Eilon swung the doors of the Aethelmund open and peered into the somewhat dim room.  Spotting a few familiar faces she smiles at Amhran and Blæd and strides up to the bar.  "A Hwitsceo if you please, Sceohund.  Oh, and if there’s any extra of that whipped cream, you know where to put it."  She presents her best smile to the barkeep and throws in a wink for good measure.
   Dragonlet ( 212 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 17:52
   Horse Trainer of Rohan       View Dragonlet's profileProfile Quote Dragonlet's postQuote

Dragonlet the pub, softly humming a tune.  She pulls down the hood of her cloak in order to see better, and smiles at an enthusiastic greeting between two people.  Trotting up to the bar, she leans over someone and calls to Sceohund,

"Good evening!  I’ll just have a Readsteda please?" retrieving her drink, Dragonlet finds a seat, and immerses herself in the babble of talk all around her. 

A Ruff Rider
Sperewigend 1st class of the Westmark
Beware the fluffy things!
   Hallow Queen ( 24 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 18:49
   Child of Rohan       View Hallow Queen's profileProfile Visit Hallow Queen's homepageHomepage Quote Hallow Queen's postQuote

*a young figure walks through the door, she is quite short, but only because she is young. She weres a silver cloak, her eyes shine black, and her hair a dark shade of brown. Sitting down unnoticed, she takes a drink, and starts humming a tune, soon she is singing quietly under her breath.*

One world’s Beginning,
As another world ends,
And one life is swiped,
As another emerges.

And as the life,
Never a notice to the people,
Only to hero’s tales,
But what about the others?

The people who lived?
Everyday lives,
The hero’s,
Who never got to survive?

The ones who tried,
But were over come,
They tried,
They almost won.

So Why ignore them?
Why not learn from their ways?

I quess it’s the way,
The way the world stays.
Because they failed.

And when one world’s beginning,
And another is ending,
The lives that are taken,
Are all blown away,
As the new generation,
Come only to here,
How the hero’s suceeded.

Why learn the failures,
Why learn the truths?
When one world’s begging?
Another must end.

*She stops singing, and takes a sip from her mug, muttering quietly to herself*

"I’ll have to work on that one, cause it’s the one that he never finished."

"It’s one thing to be empty handed, it’s a whole different story to be empty minded"
   Blædtunge ( 1515 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 19:17

Blædtunge grinned. "Ach, awa’ wit’ ye, lass! A bloodthirsty one ye’r becomin’! Should Ah be a-puttin’ ye on forced leave so ye c’n get some rest now?" Blæd grinned. "Ah’m fine, actually... never felt brawer in mah lahf."

It was then that Blæd saw Malorn across the way and raised his stein in acknowledgment. "Malorn! Come over ’ere, lad, an’ we’ll talk apace if’n ye’r whistle’s whetted enough t’bear up!"

~Blodbroðor of Amhran~
   Sicilius ( 1573 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 19:43
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Sicilius's profileProfile Quote Sicilius's postQuote

The Third Marshal strides into the bar, immediately finding himself a spot of Wildebur and planting himself firmly between his old comrades Blaed and Amhran, and also with Malorn, the new Sperewigend who hath proven himself more than useful in the ways of tactics

Top o’ the mornin Ol’ Westmarkers, how goes the Deep of late?  I do miss it there, but Edoras is no thing to complain about, let me tell you that!

And Malorn, my friend, you hail from Eastmark do you not?  Boy, with that show in tactics you splayed last Tavern...I wish I had you with Meduseld, you know much more about the games then I do...could use you as an aid!!  Please my friend, have a drink on me....Ele always gets the good ones...pah!

2nd Marshal of the Mark, Meduseld Eored
Maegisterscop of Rohan
Proud son of Braganil and Anora
~Edge Rider with Blaed~
   Blædtunge ( 1515 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 20:37
 Blæd pulled a wry face (though there was a twinkle in his eye). "Aye, Sic, a Marshal never exactly gets everybody for his "dream team Eored;" although for awhile when I had you as Feld, Eorm as Aeth, Pelly as Aeth and Amh as AErest things were mighty good. I had the best command staff in the Mark!"

~Blodbroðor of Amhran~
   Rorina ( 1016 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 22:35
   Captain of the Mark       View Rorina's profileProfile Quote Rorina's postQuote
Rorina entered the tavern and walked immediately over to get a drink from Sceohund. Once she had her drink in hand, she turned and taking a sip, scanned the contents of the pub. She nodded her hello to everyone who caught her eye. She spotted Fea in her favorite spot, just where she thought she’d be, and headed in that direction to join her friend. When she got near, she realized that Fea was sitting with a gentleman she didn’t know.  She greeted Fea, Miny and the handsome stranger with a smile. "Good day everyone..."

<3 Ror
Sperewigend 1st Class, Meduseld
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
Cause deep inside this armour The warrior is a child
   Amhran ( 1494 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 22:46
"Rest, me dearie? Awa’ wit ye, that’s whit Ah’ve tae much of! Bloodthirsty I think nae, but I dinna lahk sittin’ aroond aither! Aduaidh’s got the cabin fever, ye ken." She grinned and winked at Sicilius. "And how fare things in the Eastmark, Thus? We dae miss ye indeed; the clique isna the same wi’out ye. We dinna ha’ a Feldmarshal nae mair." Tossing back the remainder of her Bletsung, she gestured for another and settled deeper into her armchair. "But mayhaps someday Ah’ll attempt tae fill yer big boots, an’ THEN woon’t Rohan be in trouble! Aye indeed!" :-D

3rd Marshal of the Mark, Westmark Eored
Scop of Rohan’s Bards
Blodsweostor of Blæd, Pelly, and Braga
   Fëawen ( 1498 Points ) Friday, September 26, 2003 at 23:15
Fëawen, who was once melancholy was now bordering on giddy, now that one of her dearest friends had entered… and she could not wait for her to meet her brother… “Good day to you, Rorina… will you not take a seat my dear… there is someone whom I would love for you to meet.  Let me introduce to you my brother, Aelfric… Isn’t he the most handsome Rider of the Mark… and even more handsome in his uniform…  I of course have no bias, as we look nothing like…” And Fëawen winked, with a mischievous gleam in her eyes of green.

Fëabryneher
Med SW1C
   Kakaro Dunami ( 832 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 03:53
"Hello Miny! Kakaro said. "I don’t mind at all when you come and sit at our table so you’re welcome!" *Drags Miny and his friend over to her table* "Their, all nice and comfy now!" She said grinning. "Does either of you need a good steed?" She asked.
   Starfire ( 1926 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 04:19
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Starfire's profileProfile Visit Starfire's homepageHomepage Quote Starfire's postQuote

*walks in looking rather tired, and orders a Raedsteada from Sceohund, in an attempt to waken herself up a bit. Looking around, she decides to sit with Kakaro and her friends, as she hasn’t talked to her for a while. She walks over and seats herself at the table*

Hello there! Hope you don’t mind me taking a seat... How have you been lately? And your horses, I know you have quite a herd of them... *she grins* You’ll have to pop by and visit the SSTC again, haven’t seen you there for an age! Recommend the place, too, as business is slow at the moment due to the transition into the house... 

Ásharak ( 468 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 04:47

*Rædfah gets up and follows Kakaro over to her table and sits down.* "Ah, a fellow can always use a fine steed, Rebel is a good mount, actually the best from my father’s herd, and I couldn’t bear to part with him, but he is not war-trained. He enjoys running over the occasional orc and whatnot, but I fear the clammer of pitch battle mind be too much for his nerves. Might you perhaps know of a good trainer? *Rædfah takes a sip of is mug and winks at Kakaro* "However... if he can’t be trained..."

Scealdmund ( 410 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 05:05
   Knight of the Mark       View Scealdmund's profileProfile Quote Scealdmund's postQuote

*Scealdmund walks in and his eyes go straight to the big head of the boar. Then he look around if he see anuwhan familiar. His eyes spotted Kakaro and he walks straight to her and he sais: Kakaro, my old friend, how are you doing?

"Then I will bear you to Edoras,
where the Lord of Rohan sits in his halls,"
he said, "for that is not very far off."
"Cavalry trainee"
"NDS member"
   Kakaro Dunami ( 832 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 06:20

Kakaro laughed and said. "There is sitting one besides you Readfah! This is Starfire, a very good trainer! And if you need horses who are bred for battle come to me, some yearlings are extremely well build for that cause and I’m sure Starfire can train them as well." Kakaro said, still laughing at the humorious mistake he just had made. Spotting her good friend Scealdmund as well she said. "Great! Come here and sit at this table, we were talking about horses! If you need a good mount or another come to me, again I have to much horses. My limit is 120 and it is now 186...." She counted sighing.

Scealdmund ( 410 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 06:49
   Knight of the Mark       View Scealdmund's profileProfile Quote Scealdmund's postQuote
Yes, very well then. I’d would like to have another horse, if you have a blachk horse i would like it very much, they’re my favorites. But tell me now, aren’t you afraid that someone will stel your horses again. If I know that theyre up to steel my horses, I will keep awake day and night.

"Cavalry trainee"
"NDS member"
   Ásharak ( 468 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 09:44

"Ah! Now I make the connection" *He says to Kakaru, as he slaps himself on the forehead.* "I got hit on me noggin’ today in training. Must have addled me wits" *Turning to Starfire.* "I’ll have to bring Rebel by your place soon and see if he’s salvageable" Rædfah turns toward Scealdmund, raises his glass in salute and laughs out loud as he says. "Westu hal. I see that you’ve also survived the attack of the Evil Wizard."

Thalionwen ( 544 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 09:56
   Knight of the Mark       View Thalionwen's profileProfile Quote Thalionwen's postQuote
Thalio toddles into the Aethelmund and makes her way to the counter.  "Just an ale, Sceohund."  she says hoarsely, and takes it to an empty table.  Glancing fondly at her beverage, she notices Kakaro, and waves.  "Hai, sister."  she calls as loudly as possible with a raw throat.
   Kakaro Dunami ( 832 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 10:16

"Hello Sister!" Kakaro she called back as loud as she could, startlingthe whole pub, turning towards her. "Sorry, sorry! Just saying high to my sister!"
Turning to Scealmund she said; "Sure I have a few... lemmesee.." She grabbed her shoulderbag and looked through a pile of drawings.

This is Ernst, he’s now a big two year old and he knows that he is big, sometimes pretty hard to handle. I trained him for the most part, but because I have little time I could not train him completely. He accepts the saddle and the briddle and only me a few times... before throwing me of... *turns red out of shame* Does not happen all the time tho... *She quickly putted away the drawing of Ernst.

And here we have Fierasteda with his loyal friend; Duck. Strangely enough some day a duck passed by and spotted Fierasteda, since then they are hard to seperate. He’s broken, or ridden if I like to say and he’s a friendly easy horse. Don’t worry about Duck, when you ride he just flies with you.

And there is no such thing as a good pony, this a Rampa. He’s one of the sturdier ponies I have, and a close relative of my own, Bart.
He friendly, thrustworthy slow but strong. A warpony.

Have you made your decision? And the question how I can sleep; I have a wolf you know. All my horses are near my house now, the horses that were stolen were far from my house. *nods*

Melwen Dunami ( 463 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 10:29
   Knight of the Mark       View Melwen Dunami's profileProfile Visit Melwen Dunami's homepageHomepage Quote Melwen Dunami's postQuote

Mel rides by the Aethelmund and sees her mum and her 2 sisters.  She walks into the pub and orders some tea.  "Hi, Thali, Kakaro.  how are you?  It seems like a while since I last saw you, and some of my siblings it seems like I’ve never seen them!"  Mel walks over to her mum.  "Hi mum!"  She says to Calil.  "How are you?  How are your horses?"  She asks.  She sips her tea and waits for a reply.

~Cav Trainee~
~To AUR are or not to AUR that is the question~
~Proud to be a Dunami~
~Mother of Prongs Dunami and Grog Fly~
   Arden ( 3 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 12:26
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Arden's profileProfile Quote Arden's postQuote

Arden entered the Aethelmund, and looked for a place to find a seat. She had a few pieces of parchment in her hand, which upon closer inspection, were some letters she had just picked up. She intended to sit down and draft a reply to them. . .but first she fancied a word with her Marshal Siclius. He was sitting with the Second Marshal Blaedtunge, ÆP Amhran and Sperewigend Malorn.

"Hallo, sars, hallo Amh, hallo. . .Malorn is it? You hail from the Eastmark, eh? Wunnerful place, though it can’t beat dear Meduseld, ah, no." Arden winked. "I hope I’m not interrupting now, but I’ve been wunnerin’ if mayhaps I could ask ye something, Third Marshal, sar. D’ya mind if I sit down? I can get any of ye a drink while I’m up, should’ya fancy. . . "

~Forever a Pickle~
~Former Aethelwigend of the Meduseld Éored~
~Ferthu Plaza Hal~
   Fëawen ( 1498 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 12:30

Fëawen was digging though her pack, until she pulled out a little package wrapped in paper and string…”Ah, Aelfric, I have a wee gift for you…  here it is a few of my abacanwealcate (rolled baked oats), you had written that you liked them so much in your letters, and I had so many left… that I thought I would bring them to share here…  Still, Niwewine will have nothing to do with them… turns his nose up at every time I offer them to him…  seems I’ve spoiled him so, that he’s become quite the picky little Lad… I’m wondering if they are just as unfit for human consumption”

Fëawen unwrapped the little box, “Anyone who would like to try them may have them…”

Fëabryneher
Med SW1C
   Halamendel ( 466 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 12:51
   Knight of the Mark       View Halamendel's profileProfile Quote Halamendel's postQuote

Halamendel strides into the tavern, looks around, sees nothing but initiated cavalry men (and women) and immediately has this sinking sense of inferiority. Then he realizes that, hey, they are his superiors, because this is the army. Suddenly, he feels better. "Hey, is there anyway to get a drink here. I’m kinda thirsty."

Halamendel
Knight of the Mark
Sperewigend of the Eastmark
"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war."
   Darkwarrior ( 561 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 12:56
   Knight of the Mark       View Darkwarrior's profileProfile Quote Darkwarrior's postQuote
Darkwarrior opened the door and walked in looking around he saw some people. Darkwarrior walked over to the bar and asked for a Readsteda and went to sit down at a empty table he sat there thinking about the day and drinking. Enjoying the drink he thought about the day and when he tried to get a stray dog on his horse the dog was scarred stiff and would not get on but when Darkwarrrior got him on he would not get off until his horse reared up and the dog jumped like he was a person from a show or something. He thought when good times were hard to find he could always look back and have a laugh about it. Darkwarrior took another sip from his mug and lookedd around
   Rorina ( 1016 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 13:38
“Ahh! So this is the infamous Aelfric!” Rorina exclaimed, extending her hand. “It is wonderful to finally meet you- I’ve heard so much about you! Though,” she said, turning to Fea. “I don’t know that I can comment on his looks without helping you stroke your own ego,” she replied with a wink. With that, she took a seat and made herself comfortable.

She was taking a sip of her drink when Fea produced a package of her abacanwealcate. “Is your horse still refusing those? My goodness, you must have spoiled him! Soon you will tell us that he will eat nothing but the finest that can be imported from the Golden Wood!” Ror teased with a cheeky grin.

<3 Ror
   Melwen Dunami ( 463 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 13:40
   Knight of the Mark       View Melwen Dunami's profileProfile Visit Melwen Dunami's homepageHomepage Quote Melwen Dunami's postQuote
Mel got up and walked over to Darkwarrior.  "Hello, we have met before Darkwarrior and I am still waiting for that game of darts, if ye don’t mind."  Mel took a sip of her tea and waited for Darkwarrior to answer.  She then turned to Arden, "hello, Arden, how are you?"  She asked.

~Cav Trainee~
~To AUR are or not to AUR that is the question~
~Proud to be a Dunami~
~Mother of Prongs Dunami and Grog Fly~
   Darkwarrior ( 561 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 14:04
   Knight of the Mark       View Darkwarrior's profileProfile Quote Darkwarrior's postQuote
"Ok" Darkwarrior said getting up and going over to the dart boards he added "Sorry for not playing it with you  before but I will play now" Darkwarrior took a drink from his mug and pick up a few darts for practice to get better and remember how to do it really. He got two in the ring next to the center and one in the center and turned to Melwen and said "Ready when you are."

Sperewigend of the mark
"Noblity is not a birthright It is juged by your actions"-Robin Hood Prince of thieves
Go to Tornihyanda’s Blacksmith
   Miny Aranor ( 693 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 14:13
   Captain of the Mark       View Miny Aranor's profileProfile Quote Miny Aranor's postQuote

Miny drank a bit of his Glavrol when he noticed Rædfah walking towards him and asking if he could sit down. Miny smiled and nodded: “Of course you can. I have been away from quite some time and it’s always great to be here once again.” Miny watched as Rædfah sat on a chair in front of him.

Before Miny could have said anything Kakaro walked towards both of them and “invited” them to join her and her lovely family. Miny laughed and stood up holding his drink and following Kakaro closely. Miny bowed to the Ladies in Kakaro´s table and sat right by Rædfah´s side and placed his drink on the table. He heard Kakaro´s question and smiled softly: “No thanks my dear friend. My dear stallion Deorheorte is still serving me extremely well also I don’t think I could live without him; he is one of my best friends. See just from that sentence you can see how lonely I am.” He laughs softly and drinks the rest of his drink.

“If you all excuse me, I have to go get another drink and go see a dear friend of mine.” He stands up and bows to Kakaro, her sisters, her mother and then pats Rædfah on his shoulder whispering: “It was a pleasure to meet you.” He walks over to the counter and this time orders a two Wildeburs and a cup of tea. When Sceohund gave him his order, Miny grabs the drinks and the tea and walks over to Fëa. “Hi Fëa. You look lovely as always.” He places the cup of tea in front of her and smiles. He sits on a chair and shakes hands with Aelfric: “It’s a pleasure to meet you. Finally I was able to meet someone of related to the lovely wee Fëa. By the way Fëa I brought you a cup of tea I didn’t knew what you were drinking so I thought that would be the best choice.” Says Miny; with a grin on his face. He gives one of the Wildeburs to Aelfric: “Here I hope you enjoy it. If you don’t want to just leave it there and I will drink it when I finish mine.” Miny makes a small laugh and drinks a bit of his Wildebur. As he hears a familiar voice behind him, he turns around and sees Rorina: “Oh my!!! I haven’t seen you since we fought together on the battle in Aldburg. Come sit here Ror. How are you doing?”….

~Santa Miny~
1st Knight of Bereth
Blod-Broðor of Bereth
Heart Body and Soul pledged to Talathiel
   Fëawen ( 1498 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 14:43

“Oh Rorina, no… “  Said Fëawen shyly,  “That was far from a personal attest to my vanity…  I was certainly referring to the freckles and the copper hair, of course…  Not many people whom I have seen look like us, do they Aelfric… we were called carrot tops all the time when we were young… but used to tell them that carrot tops are green… such a name is silly really…” and Fëa sighed as she looked at the cakes… “Aye, my friend… he will have nothing to do with them…  maybe the honey isn’t sweet enough… or the oats are too dry?  Would you like to try one… they are meant for people originally, but I had made too many for just myself, and I do not want them to go stale…

“Welcome to the table, Miny, and thank you for the words of flattery…” the bridge of Fëawen’s freckled nose was burning from embarrassment… as she had just made an effort to dispel Rorina’s teasing…  She cleared her thought nervously and said… “Here you go sir, would you like to try a Abacanwealcate?”

Fëabryneher
Med SW1C
   Melwen Dunami ( 463 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 15:14
mel threw her dart at the board and it landed in the 10 section.  "I guess i haven’t improved since the last time I played."  She said, taking a sip of her tea.  "Your turn."  Mel waited for Darkwarrior to take his turn.  "I think I’d be better at it if the board was bigger, I guess I wouldn’t be good with a bow!" 
   arthaninel ( 557 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 16:09
   Knight of the Mark       View arthaninel's profileProfile Quote arthaninel's postQuote
*Arthaninel slowly entered the pub, being carful not to nock over anything, as he did in his last visit. But, as luck would have it, he stumbled on a floorboard that was sticking slightly higher than the rest. He went tumbling down into a heap on the floor. there he sat, with a stupid grin on his face saying "I never liked to just enter, but I’ve always enjoyed making an entrance." And of course he had long ago mastered this art (which is not necsisarily a good thing). He sat there in shame for at least ten minutes, then decided that he was to good for this humble spot on the floor. So he stood up, brushed himself off, and made his way to the nearest table.
    Sitting there, and being completly bored, he determined to make some new friends. Slowly walking over to Melwen, he stoped right behind her.
"Hello there. How are you?" *He imagined himself saying, but the words never actually flowed from his lips. For you see, he was a shy one, one who could never really muster up enough courage to introduce himself if not asked to. He stood there behinde her until she turned around and began to stare strangely at him. He, being the shy one that he was, took a hint and walked back to his table, utterlly dissapointed at his newest misfortune.
    Five minutes passed, ten, an hour seemed to fly by, and still no one had taken the initiative to introduce themselves. Deep depresion settled onto Arthaninel like a fog desending into a desert. But, never being the one to dispiar, and all of a sudden changing his character, he stood up on the table and began to sing. Such a disgrace was this awful tune to all music, that everyone started pleading him to stop this accursed melody. He did, and sitting back down he orrded a drink to rid him of his earthly troubles. At least for a while.* 

~Arthaninel the Just~
Calvary Trainee
Owner of Dude, the mighty water dragon.
   susy ( 546 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 16:31
   Knight of the Mark       View susy's profileProfile Quote susy's postQuote
Susy notices a young rider come into the pub and starts to sing. Hello Hallow! I have never met you. I’m Susy (if you havn’t noticed) that was a lovely song. Are you a cavalry Tranee? Who is your trainer? As she waits for a reply, she notices that two of her sisters, Thalio and Mel have enterd the pub as well. She waves to them as they go about thier dueties. Nice shots she calls to Mel I’m sure you’ll get better at your aim though!
   Hasufel ( 1372 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 16:44
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Hasufel's profileProfile Quote Hasufel's postQuote

*strides into the pub whistling cheerfully* Hi, everybody! Sorry I’m a bit later than usual, my horse threw a shoe. Sceohund, I’ll try have a Hwitsceo, if you please...
Kakaro, your horses are absolutely gorgeous! *loyally* But I’m sure none of them could ever compare to my Fyrmanu...((OOC: the best horse in the world in rl a big chestnut mare named Rainy!))
*watches Melwen and Darkwarrior playing darts in amusement* Ah, darts...methinks it may become a tradition of the Aethelmund, to randomly play darts when we’re here!
*walks up behind arthaninel* Hi, there! I don’t believe we’ve met...I’m Hasufel, of the Meduseld Eored. You can probably stop the random singing now...you might scare more people away that way!  And don’t worry about being shy, I’m one of the shyest people I know. I know these Riders; as soon as half of them who don’t know you see you, they’ll come rushing over to introduce themselves! Kind of like Susy and me...^_^

~Mere~
Mother of Wren
Feranfolc to Rivendell
   Winky the Sock ( 914 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 16:58
   Hobbit Elder       View Winky the Sock's profileProfile Quote Winky the Sock's postQuote

It had been a long, uneventful day in the life of Winky, much more so than usual.   Making his way into the pub, he stops at the bar and says, "Sceohund - A Hwitsceo would be nice." Looking around to see if he knew anyone, he decided that no one he knew was in at the moment.   Deciding to make a new friend or two, Winky approaches Hasufel and Arthaninel"Hello!  I’m Winky - would you mind if I joined you?   You see, I’m trying to make a few friends here in Edoras, so I’d be happy to get to know you both! "

arthaninel ( 557 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 17:06
   Knight of the Mark       View arthaninel's profileProfile Quote arthaninel's postQuote

*Arty turns around and adresses Hasufel "Hello there, and no we haven’t met. As you already know I’m Arthaninel (or just Arty) of the Rohan, a calvary trainee, and Thats about it. Do you wan’t to play a game of darts?- Or something of that sort. Or maybe just sit down at a table and discuss the latest horses. I don’t know." *Arty stands up and offers Hasufel his seat. then asks her a question, "Would you like a drink, or maybe something to eat? If so I would be glad to order something for you."

~Arthaninel the Just~
Calvary Trainee
   arthaninel ( 557 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 17:12

*Arty looks up at Winky and replies. "Sure, go right ahead. do you care for something to eat? I could get it for you." *rethinking his decision he turns to Hasufel and inquires,"Is it ok with you if Winky joins us?"

~Arthaninel the Just~
Calvary Trainee
   Protoguy ( 7458 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 17:49
   Orome       View Protoguy's profileProfile Visit Protoguy's homepageHomepage Quote Protoguy's postQuote

*Oromë strides into the pub carrying his spear and his sword. He lays them on a table and walks to the bar. Retrieving an ale from Sceohund with a smile he tosses the server a small gem by way of tip and returns to his seat where he proceed to take out several long knives and lays them on the table as well.
After a few moments of inspecting his weapons and arraying them out before him, as if taking inventory, he looks up and sees people staring at him.*

Hi Arthaninel! Hi Winky, how are you? Hi Hasufel! Hi Susy! HI Melwen, hi Miny! What’s new? Hi DW, hi Rori! Hi Arden, hi Hala, hi Artha, hi Kakaro! Hi Aelfric! Hi Blaed! Hi Amran! Hi Raedfah! Hi Hallow, hi Dragonlet! Hi Eilonwy, hi Scaeldmund! HI Thali...*puff puff* Hi..Calil....Hi....hhhhh...man, there are a lot of Riders in here tonight...Whew...

I was fighting with some orcs when I realized I didn’t have the right weapons for the job. The right tool for the right job. That’s what Aulë always says. So I came back to the house to get my orc knife. Good for cleaning fish too. So, I’m getting ready to go back out and I figured I would stop in, get an ale, check the tools and then head back out.

Keep thinking I’m forgetting something...

Cavalry Trainee
   Ravenstar ( 2037 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 18:39
   High Counsellor of Rohan       View Ravenstar's profileProfile Visit Ravenstar's homepageHomepage Quote Ravenstar's postQuote
Rhia watches all those present cheer and tell old tales. She watches lord Orome, Hasufel, Susy, Miny, Amhran and all those she also knows. she couldnt be bothered tonight, to much is on her mind, and as she glances out the window, to the green fields below, that are lit by moonlight, she aches to be riding and scouting once again. Drinking her ale she ponders on her thoughts and sighs. She needs to hunt some orc, she would check with head quarters tomorrow and see if there was anything amiss on the borders, she needed to keep herself busy.
   arthaninel ( 557 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 18:45
*Arthaninel greets PG and tells everyone "I’m sorry but I have to Leave now. Good bye." *then arty proceeds exit the pub and then rides out of the pub on his horse into the horizon. (Theme for BONANZA starts playing) Slowly Arty dissapears into the distance not to return until the next time he does.*

~Arthaninel the Just~
Calvary Trainee
   Starfire ( 1926 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 19:00
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Starfire's profileProfile Visit Starfire's homepageHomepage Quote Starfire's postQuote
*smiles at Raedfah* Ah, you are forgiven in your mistake, as we have not yet met and it seems you are new here. I own a training establishment called the Starfire Stud and Training Centre, or SSTC, and we breed and trian client’s horses there. You’re more than welcome to stop by, you’ll find us at this address:

((http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/houseview.asp?house=58))

*settles back and pours herself some tea from the pot on the table, content to just sit for a while and listen to the hum of conversation*
   Sicilius ( 1573 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 20:29
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Sicilius's profileProfile Quote Sicilius's postQuote
Sicilius smiles at his Aethelwigend as she approaches the group.  He excuses himself from Amhran, Blaed and Malorn, and taking a separate seat with his Aethel, he passes his hand at her mention of a drink

No thanks Ardie, I’ve got early morning tactics discussion with the other Marshal’s, and judging by my knowledge of tactics, I need all my wits with me!!

So tell me, what’s on your mind old friend?

Maegisterscop of Rohan
~Edge Rider with Blaed~
   Fëawen ( 1498 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 20:56

“Good evening, Third Marshal,”  Said Fëawen with a friendly wave,  “How good it is to see you, I hope you are relaxing!  You work so hard sir, you can use a little break...If you are need to be up early in the morning and would still like a wee something to drink, May I suggest a cup of tea, an one of my Abacanwealcate… my horse refuses to eat them, but Aelfric says they are quite good!

And Fëawen picked up one of the cakes with a clean napkin, and offered it to her Eored’s Marshal, Sicilius.

Fëabryneher
Med SW1C
   Winky the Sock ( 914 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 21:06

"Hello, PG!  I’m doing fine, thanks. " Seeing as Arty had left and Hasufel was nowhere to be soon, Winky soon slumped into a state of boredom.  Finishing off his drink, he brightens up a little, and decides to try and make a few acquaintances.   Approaching Fëawen, Sicilius, and Starfire, he says, "Hello!  Would you mind if I joined you?  No one else seems to be here at the moment, so I just thought I’d stop in. "

Rorina ( 1016 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 21:15
Rorina hid her upturned mouth behind her hand as she watched, with a considerable amount of amusement, as Fea attempted to dispel her teasing. “Carrot tops are green indeed…” she replied, shaking her head and still attempting to hide her smile. “I will, however, try one of your cakes there. I was most definitely teasing about those! Even if they aren’t good enough for your stubborn horse, I’m sure they are more than good enough for me!”

Ror looked up to see Miny’s approach. She laughed when he offered her a seat at the table she was already seated at. “Aye, it has been a long time since I have seen you, but it seems that perhaps your eyesight has not been so well of late?” she questioned with a teasing smile. “But, since you insist…” she replied, while make a show of leaving her seat, and approaching the table again, this time choosing the seat between Miny and Feawen. “I would love to join you Miny! How very kind of you! But all teasing aside,I’m glad to find you well. I enjoyed fighting alongside you, and I lost track of you once the battle ended. I do hope things have been going well for you.”

<3 Ror
   Starfire ( 1926 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 21:17

*smiles as a young Sperewigend approaches, and searching her memory she remembers his name to be Winky. Pulling out a chair beside her, she invites him to sit*

Hey there! How are you today? Oh, help yourself to a cup of tea while you’re at it... I’ll bet you’re looking forward to the next adventure, whenever that comes, just like the rest of us...

*Star*
~Aethelwigend, Meduseld Éored~
~Erkenstedamægister of the Mark~
4th Knight of Bereth
   Winky the Sock ( 914 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 21:22

"Hello!  I’m doing fine, though things have been a bit slow.  Aye, a new adventure would be nice - not required, but certainly something to look forward to.  Thanks for the tea!" Grateful for Starfire’s welcome, Winky happily takes a seat at the table. "What about yourself?  Any plans?"

Arden ( 3 Points ) Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 21:33

Arden took a seat with her Marshal.

"Welp. . .I’ve been thinkin’ see. Many of the names of the Sperewigends of my Squadron list are only vaguely familiar to me, and it doesn’t seem right that an Aethel knows not all o’ her Squadron. Seems because thair’s a combination of many new recruits, and the fact that I’ve lead the somewot isolated life of a scout. . .and I thought mayhaps this was also the case with the Patrol Commanders, and wigends themselves? O’ course, I think we could work better as a unit if we got to know each more before our swords shine in battle, and not everyone seems to fancy (er have time for?) the pub atmo’phere. And mayhaps some wigends are a wee bit nervis, or uncomfortable, because they en’t knowing many Riders in their Squadron? I was wunnerin’ if I would have your blessin’s, sar, should I wish to have a meeting of those under my command. . .mayhaps held in my house? I already know my sister Rorina well, and I’ve begun to know Maegisterwigend Aelfwyn as well. . .’tis mainly for the wigends see, to know us an’ each other. Jus’ an ideer, o’ course. . ."

Arden took a sip of her ale, and studied Marshal Sicilius’s contenance.

Kakaro Dunami ( 832 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 01:12

Kakaro listened quietly to the chat that was going on around her, Scealdmund was still choosing from the horses and she had nothing else to do. She colsed her eyes for a moment and sighed happily. A stab of pain suddenly feared her, a stab in her ribs from an unkown origin. Her eyes flew open in shock and she was suddenly gasping for air. It was turning black before her eyes and horriied she tried to fight it. -not again!- she thought desperatly and tried to stand up, one hand clasping her chest, some chairs fell over and the stunned Rohirrim looked at her in surprise, but it did not matter to her, all what she wanted was to stop the pain and she wanted air.
Gasping for air she did a few steps forward before darkness completely overtook her and she fell hard on the ground, she heard someone screaming at someone else and someone called her name, but then it was completely dark and silent, without pain and she sighed deeply.

Starfire ( 1926 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 02:00

Me? No, not really, I suppose, just to be prepared - at the end of the day, preperation is one of the most important things there is. But on second thoughts, I’ll have to get my war horse back in training - she’s been out to pasture since the last quest ended. Hmm, might do that when I get home...

*suddenly, beside her, Kakaro begins to tremble violently. She rises and walks a few steps before collapsing to the ground. Alarmed, Star immeadiatly jumps to her feet and calls out*

Quickly, someone get a healer! Kakaro, can you hear me? Wake up! Kakaro! Please, wake  up, hear me... Has someone gone to get that healer?! Sceohund, some water!

*the old barkeep brings over a jug of water with haste, and Star throws it over her friend’s face. Kakaro stirs and groans, but does not waken. Her worry increasing, Star breathes deeply and tries to calm herself down*

Ásharak ( 468 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 07:50

*Dropping his mug in mid drink as Kakaro collapses to the floor, Rædfah kneels down and puts the back of his hand to her mouth* She’s breathin’, but barely. *Listening at her chest* Her heart seems to be going, but kind o’ funnylike. *Just then Star throws the water. It doesn’t seem to do much. If she were a horse Rædfah would know what to do, but his healing abilities on humans are sorely lacking. All he can do is cradle her head and try to make her comfortable until more qualified help arrives.

Winky the Sock ( 914 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 08:23

"I need to fix up my horse too when I get home.  Grazing all day; not good if done excessively. " Turning, Winky saw Kakaro lying on the ground.  Watching in horror, he decides to do what he can to help.  "Kakaro, please!  What happened...  We need someone to help!" Determined to find out what happened, he rotated her body carefully.  Gaping in shock, he found blood oozing out of a wound in her side. "How are we going to contact a healer?  This is bad... really bad."

Cavalry Trainee
Engaged to Calil
   Scealdmund ( 410 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 08:37
Kakaro, I think I’ll go for Fierasteda. Its a very pretty and large horse. Just the way I like them. Wouldn’t you say the same. I’d love to sit on his back. But does he accept the saddle? Sometimes I’ll ride out and don’t need it, but it isn’t a big deal if he oesn’t accept it actually.

"Cavalry trainee"
"NDS member"
   Taethowen ( 739 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 09:04
   Captain of the Mark       View Taethowen's profileProfile Quote Taethowen's postQuote
Entering the pub, Taeth looks around and notices Thalionwen sitting all by herself.  She waves to her while heading over to the bar to get an ale.  Once that is done, she goes to sit with Thal.  "Hey, Thal, I guess you’re still getting over your cold?" She comments, noticing that she looks pretty miserable.  Taking a sip of her ale, she leans back in her chair, pulling her cloak closer about her to ward off some of the chilly air.
   Kakaro Dunami ( 832 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 09:17
Kakaro moaned when Winky turned around, and as she was waken by her own sound she blinked tiredly. "why... am I lying on the floor?" She mumbled hoarsly. She tried to get up, but felt a stabbing pain in her side, carefully she touched, when she saw her hand it was stained in blood, her blood.
"Darn those Dunlendings......" Was all she said before her head hit the ground again, out of blood loss.
   Aryante ( 544 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 10:49
   Knight of the Mark       View Aryante's profileProfile Quote Aryante's postQuote
Ary sprints in, singing a happy song, and slides to a stop by the bar. She pulls out a chair from a nearby table and jumps on it. "Hullo all!" she cries. "I only wish to inform you that...I’VE PASSED MY TRAINING!" She leaps off the chair and orders an ale from the bar, downing half of it in one gulp.
   Scealdmund ( 410 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 10:57
Congratiolations Aryante, you now have besome an sperewigend, didn’t you? I’m also almost an sperewigend, I’m at my 9th question. Dernhelm must answered it but she’s not much on the plaza lately. We must wait such a long time and I hate waiting.

"Cavalry trainee"
"NDS member"
   Thali Dunami ( 553 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 11:12
   Knight of the Mark       View Thali Dunami's profileProfile Visit Thali Dunami's homepageHomepage Quote Thali Dunami's postQuote
*The doors swung open and a young rider walked into the pub. Seeing a familiar figure lying on the floor, her heart froze. She ran over*K-Kakaro? *Thali dropped to the floor beside her sister* What happened? *She looked around at the worried faces and suddenly felt quite alone.She ripped a strip of cloth from the bottom of her dress and held it to Kakaro’s wound. She looked into her sister’s unseeing eyes and wondered what else could be done.* Does anyone know what to do? *The small crowd stared back at her. Thali hoped with all her heart that someone could help her sister.*
   Fëawen ( 1498 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 11:38

Fëawen leapt over her brother and wove thought the crowd… she had been watching between the dancing shadows of Rider’s silhouettes, and witnessed Kakaro decent to the hard floor… and it took no thought before she made her way to the fallen Soldier.

“Out of the way…”  Fëawen demanded, caring neither of rank nor their station of birth, as she shoved her wee way though the room of Riders, “Out of the way, please”!  And she dropped to her knees, and gave Kakaro’s condition a serious once over… “By the Vala,” she ordered the crowd that had gathered, “Would you all give the lass some room to breath…”

Rorina!  Rorina!”  She called, “I need you, if you please… can you tell Sceohund, tell him I need a pot of steaming water, filled with Comfrey, Garlic, Marjoram, Nettle., and this….”  She pleaded as she rummaged though her sack and handed her off some ground herbs.  “As quick as you can, my dear…”

And Fëawen waited, for someone to bring her healing brew, until then all the wee healer could do is make the poor rider more comfortable, as she worried that the girls’ condition was getting worse…  And she wrapped her cloak into little pillow and placed it beneath Kakaro’s head… and looked to the crowd, for one of them to offer theirs as a blanket…

She began to look for other signs of injury…  “Does anyone know exactly what happened to her?”  Feawen asked…

Fëabryneher
Med SW1C
   Aryante ( 544 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 12:04
   Knight of the Mark       View Aryante's profileProfile Quote Aryante's postQuote

Aryante, hearing some commotion and the name Kakaro, sprints over. Seeing her friend, lying on the ground, she places a hand over her mouth. "By the powers that be," she says softly, in shock.

((Gahness, I was so excited that I forgot to look at her post before!  Sorry, Kakaro! I still wubs you, I swear! ))

Halamendel ( 466 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 12:13
   Knight of the Mark       View Halamendel's profileProfile Quote Halamendel's postQuote
"Goodness gracious, it’s Arthaniel. I’m from his training group, I believe. Fancy that." Halamendel looks around and tries to find a bloody drink, but to no avail. "Can’t get a bloody drop anywhere these days." Halmendel suddenly hears an outburst of something from a corner. Halamendel jogs up and looks down to see a rider with blood spurting out of her side. "Ah. I see. Haven’t the faintest idea of what to do, but keep it clean. This is a tavern they’re bound to have some water somewhere. And a needle and thread and somebody exceptionally good at sewing and not squeamish."

Halamendel
Knight of the Mark
Sperewigend of the Eastmark
"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war."
   Rorina ( 1016 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 12:15
Rorina startled when Feawen suddenly jumped up from the table, leapt over her brother and dashed across the tavern. She got up, and followed her friend across the pub, and stood helpless when she reached where Kakaro was lying on the floor. She was thankful when Fea gave her a job to do, and taking the packet of herbs from her, she pushed her way through the crowd to find Sceohund. She located him, and carefully relayed Fea’s instructions.

She waited near the bar, antsy, and furtively looked back and forth between the door that Sceohund had disappeared through, and the place where Kakaro lay on the ground. “Hurry!” she called, even as Sceohund reappeared, steaming pot in hand. “She’s lucky I keep a pot of water on for the tea that’s been in high demand as of late,” he said as he scurried over to pass off the water.

Rorina nodded breathlessly, took the steaming mixture from him, and rushed back across the pub, pushing onlookers out of her way, to reach where Feawen was kneeling. She handed her the water and also supplied her cloak to be used she saw fit.
She did not know what else she could do, and so she stood back slightly to give the healer room to work.

<3 Ror
   Thali Dunami ( 553 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 12:32
   Knight of the Mark       View Thali Dunami's profileProfile Visit Thali Dunami's homepageHomepage Quote Thali Dunami's postQuote
*Thali, who had been shoved to the back of the crowd, tried in vain to see what was happening over everyone else’s heads. She heard a frightened whinny from the stables outside* Bart...*She muttered, and slipped out of the door to calm him down. Outside was raining heavily, and she held her cloak tightly around her as she hurried across the courtyard. Entering the stables she saw Kakaro’s pony in considerable distress, rearing and trying to break out of his stall. She looked sadly up at him and sniffed.* Kakaro always says you know exactly what’s happening, eh boy?* She took hold of his reigns and he began to calm down. Thali’s own horse looked jelously across from the other side of the stable.*Your’e alright Bart, your’e alright... Kakaro will be fine.*Her words echoed meaninglessly in her head. She put her arms around Bart’s kneck and her eyes began to water. Feeling lost and alone in the middle of the stable, rain dripping from her hair now mingled with her own tears, and as if her world was closing in around her, she  wept.*
   Eléowyn ( 1378 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 13:15
   Counsellor of Rohan       View Eléowyn's profileProfile Quote Eléowyn's postQuote
With her head bent into the rain, Eléowyn was walking past the stables next to the pub.  She heard the ruckus of a pony or horse trying to break out of his stall, then what sounded like someone crying.  As she entered the stable she saw a young woman, arms wrapped around the neck of a horse, weeping unconsolably.  Torn between stepping back out into the rain and  allowing the girl some privacy, or offering assistance, Eléowyn decided to see if she could help.  "What is it, lass?" she asked.  "Is there anything I can do for you?"
   Fëawen ( 1498 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 13:42

Fëawen continued to examine her fallen comrade, and revealed where Karako’s injury was received… it was a wound, not entirely serious, but if gone untreated it would do her more serious injury…  And the little healer sighed with relief that the weapon, whatever it was, had not punctured her lung, for if that had been the case, there would have been no way to save her…

“Take the towel,” Fëawen instructed Rorina, “Let her breathe in the steam from the cloth… that with the herbs will help her breathing…”

And Fëawen cleaned and bandaged the wound, nimbly, with the water, which Rorina had fetched for her, before all who had gathered around her could see…as there was no time to find a place to work on the poor girl privately…

“Karako?”  Fëawen questioned, “My Dear, can you hear me…”

Fëawen turned to the crowed, and addressed them, “I would suggest that someone see that Karako is safely brought home, her being in such an unconscious condition, and carefully placed into bed… I would do it, but I am far to weak and weary to do so myself…”

Fëabryneher
Med SW1C
   Winky the Sock ( 914 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 14:33

"She cried ’Dunlendings’ before collapsing... Perhaps it’s an old wound? That or some unwelcome visitor has arrived." Winky watched carefully as Fëawen dressed the wound, hoping Kakaro’s condition would improve.  "Good thing you came - a few more hours and she would have been beyond aid."

Thalionwen ( 544 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 14:52
   Knight of the Mark       View Thalionwen's profileProfile Quote Thalionwen's postQuote

Too distracted to greet those who have entered, Thalio sees that Kakaro is well taken care of.  Noticing Thali leave out of the corner of her eye, she follows her sister to the stables.  Finding her in Bart’s stall, she steps in and hugs Thali wordlessly.  Drawing back, she says, "Everything will be all right.  Feawen is inside, and she is an accomplished healer.  Besides, I heard her say the wound is not too serious.  Should we go back in and see what arrangements are being made?"

Darkwarrior ( 561 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 15:10
Darkwarrior hearing the commotion stopped mid-way through throwing a dart and it when short in to the floor. Darkwarrior turning and crossed the room at a walk. Reaching darkwarrior asked "What happened I heard something about dunlendings, did they start something with the troops of Rohan?"
   Fëawen ( 1498 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 16:59

“Thank you, Winky… I do appreciate the sentiment…  Fëawen replied, as she continued to attempt to revive the wounded Kakaro  “I had never thought that a Cavalry Healer would have been so needed in a Tavern...   well, at least not from an injury from battle… I had this these things on hand simply if I should ever have to come across a fatal dart accident…” and she smiled at the Riders playing darts, with a friendly wink….  “Or our knife juggling patron Vala…”

“Darkwarrior, I am afraid I have no answer to your question, as you so eloquently posed, as I was sipping tea in the corner with Rorina before this whole thing transpired… I do hope that someone here, within the walls of Aethelmund will be able to give you an answer…”

Fëabryneher
Med SW1C
   Darkwarrior ( 561 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 17:17

"Oh. So do I" Darkwarrior said looking around for somebody to answer his question. "Nither would I think that expecily here." Darkwarrior agreed and added "There will not be any dart accidents by me. I wounder what our king will do? Most likely will send a few partrols out to flush out and kill whoever did it." Darkwarrior answered his own question. I hope that it will not be anything big." Darkwarrior looked around for somebody to answer his first question.

Sperewigend of the mark
"Noblity is not a birthright It is juged by your actions"-Robin Hood Prince of thieves
   Ásharak ( 468 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 17:27

*Seeing that Kakaro is being well taken care of, Rædfah steps back so as not to be in the way. Turning to Winky*  When she is well enough to be safely moved. Would ye be so kind as to assist us in helping ’er home?

Sicilius ( 1573 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 19:00
Sicilius nods to Arden, and smiling he slightly laughs

My dear Aethelwigend, what an ingenious idea!!  I think it a great idea to gather one’s troops, I myself did it when I was stationed in the deep.  Consider yourself formally backed, now scamper off and whip em into shape!!

Sicilius is cut off as the commotion breaks out in Aethelmund.  He strains to get alook as the crowd pulls around.  When the people become so thick, Sicilius decides it’s time for action.  Jumping up, looking every bit the Marshal, he booms out over the crowd

Make a path wigends, hop to it!  Marshal coming through, make a path, or you’ve pulled stable duty!!!

Finally getting through, Feawen is looking up after having performed the quick tasks to help bring Kakaro back.  Recognizing the prone form immediately, Sicilius says authoritatively

Everyone, shows over, go back to your seats, her Marshal can deal with this. 
Feawen, excellent job, I always knew you were a healer, but now I have no fear in my mind whatsoever....Let me take her back to the table with Arden and me, see if she’s okay.  I’ll take her home at the end of the night, worry you not.  Now...I believe there was a new wigend here??

With a nod to Sceohund, Sicilius seeks out Aryante...finding her, he brings her to the head of the bar, and calling everyone’s attention he bellows

Everyone, this here is Aryante, she’s a newly graduated wigend....of which Eored m’dear?...and what do new wigends get here?

A chorus comes up from the crowd....BILEWITDOX!!!!
Sceohund brings out the steaming mug, with the revolting brown liquid inside, covered in pale yellow ale.  He hands it to Aryante

Now m’dear, for the Cavalry, for Rohan, and for you.....bottoms up!!!

Maegisterscop of Rohan
~Edge Rider with Blaed~
   Winky the Sock ( 914 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 19:08

Raising his mug to Aryante, Winky applauded the Rohirrim on her accomplishment.  "Congratulations on a job well done!   Fantastic work - I’m sure you’ll serve the Riddermark well in the future," he said to Aryante, before hearing Rædfah behind him.  "Help Kakaro out!  Sure - where would you recommend carrying her too?"

Protoguy ( 7458 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 19:21
   Orome       View Protoguy's profileProfile Visit Protoguy's homepageHomepage Quote Protoguy's postQuote
*Oromë watched from his table as the healer tended to Kakaro. He was not too concerned. She was in good hands. He took a couple of steps to the bar and asked for a couple of Mirigetunge, then he finished putting his equipment away and sat back to enjoy his ale. *

Cavalry Trainee
   Fëawen ( 1498 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 19:58

With a nod of thanks to her Marshal, and a heavy sigh, wee Fëa held her hands out to Rorina… “Give me a hand up, if you please, my dear… my knees are a wee bit stiff from kneeling on the hard floor…  Thank you very much…”

“Congratulations,” she called to Aryante, “I know you will serve the Westmark well!  And if when you finish with your Bilewitdox… there is a bucket around the corner…”

And the wee healer crossed the floor, back to her table by the hearth to sip upon her cup of tea…

“Bleh!”  She declared, and sighed again  “I believe I need another, this one has gone cold!!!”
   Rorina ( 1016 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 20:51

Rorina held her hands out, and helped her friend off of the floor. "Good work, dear. She’s going to be fine." She walked with Fea back over to their seats, and watched as Fea pulled a face after taking a sip of her tea. "Here, give me that. I’ll get you a new one- I need to get a new drink myself anyways," she insisted, taking the teacup from Fea’s hands and walking across the tavern.
Ror paused long enough to congratulate Aryante on her graduation, and quickly moved on wishing to get away from the awful smell of that Bilewitdox. I’m glad I graduated long before that tradition started, she thought to herself with a shake of her head. She ordered a new cup of tea for Feawen, and a Hwitsceo for herself from Folcawyn. She returned to the table with the drinks, handing the tea off to Fea. "Here you are, my friend. Now, just relax. You’ve done more than enough work for today, what with the happenings here on top of a normal day’s work."

<3 Ror
   Protoguy ( 7458 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 20:54

*Oromë crossed the pub to the bar and spoke with Sceohund for a moment or two. The server produced two cups and handed them to the Rider. As Fëabryne sat scowling at her cup, a new one appeared before her. Looking up she smiled to see the Vala standing across her table.*

Figured I’d save you the trip *He said with agrin*

Cavalry Trainee
   Fëawen ( 1498 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 21:22

Fëawen looked up from her book, and saw two not only two friends, but two steaming hot cups of tea sitting before her…  and she beamed at Rorina and Lord Oromë delightful that she would still have time for a cup of hot tea and some polite conversation this evening…

“Well there is no rest for the healing…” Fëawen said to Rorina with a wink and a smile, and she shifted her seat so her friend could sit closer to the fire… “I thank you for the tea…”

“And Lord Oromë, how good it is to see you… and how thoughtful of you to bring me a fresh cup of tea, would you care to join Rorina and me?  It is so warm here by the fire.  How have you been?  Have the minions of darkness been keeping you busy?”
   Kakaro Dunami ( 832 Points ) Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 22:27

She could hear rumours around her while she was caught in the darkness, but all she could feel was the stabbing pain in her side.
And she felt tired, so incredibly tired, she did not want to feel the pain anymore. She had had it long enough.
And suddenly it became all to clear what her decision was.
She placed her hand from her chest to her side and gave a long sigh and with a satisfied feeling she felt that her heart stopped beating.

Her spirit flew over the crowd, who looked stunned at the empty body because they all had thought that she was stable and smiled lightly to herself, it did not matter right now. She could hear sobbing in the stables and a horse trying to break through and she stopped for a moment, a strong urge to return and get to Bart was strong, but something else was stronger, something was dragging her away from the world.
With still a heartache she conitued her journey to Eru knows where.
She’ flew’ over the sea, and then she saw it in all his beauty, Valinor. The place of the Firstborn and the Valar. And finally she reached the end of her journey.

The Halls of Mandos were huge, larger then she had ever expected and a lot more crowded. With a jaw dropped she walked through the Halls, not fully aware of where she was untill she walked up against a tall, blond man. He turned around and looked at his smaller counterpart with dark hair.
He smiled and said. "It’s not yet your time my young counterpart."
"What?"
"It’s not yet your time, you have things to do before you are allowed to walk in these Halls." I nodded silently, part of me happy that I wasn’t allowed here. "Go now."
"Who are you? Do I know you?"
"In a way you know me, I am the first of the family. But let’s discuss that anothor time, go now." I nodded again and turned around.

The first thing I remembered was the shapr ache in my side and my eyes sprung open by the feeling of it. Pain. In my short journey I hadn’t known pain. With a ragged breath and blurry sight I managed to say hoarsley;
"I’m back... Where’s Bart?"

Malorn ( 298 Points ) Monday, September 29, 2003 at 05:37
   Horse Trainer of Rohan       View Malorn's profileProfile Quote Malorn's postQuote
Malorn seemed to be off in his own little world even though he was sitting with two of the three marshals of the cavalry. His mind wondered at the possibilities that lay before him. Even in his wildest dreams did he ever imagine being here in the cavalry with almost legend like warriors. After a while he shook off the feeling suddenly aware that he hadn’t spoken to anyone. "Sorry sirs I was off in my own little world. You know what would be fun, what if we had a tactics course that all of our officers went through, heck how about all of the cavalry go through it. For it is better to have everyone knowledgable on the battlefield and able to step up to take command should it become neccessary. What do you think?" he said this to Blaed because at the moment Sic was off initiating another ex trainee. He hoped that he would have the opportunity to talk with Sic somemore before the night was through.

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won’t.

~Sperewigend of the Eastmark~
   Ásharak ( 468 Points ) Monday, September 29, 2003 at 05:39

A few of us perhaps should carry ’er home. Or to one of  ’er friend’s homes. I think she should nae be left alone this evening. *As Rædfah turns to help lift Kakaro, she stirs..."I’m back... Where’s Bart" Rædfah steps back.* A good sign indeed it is. * He says with a smile on his face*

sting_90 ( 273 Points ) Monday, September 29, 2003 at 06:18
   Horse Trainer of Rohan       View sting_90's profileProfile Quote sting_90's postQuote
Walks in and sits down wondering what everyone is doing..
spotting
Winky she smiles and walks up again and gets a hwitscea then on the way back talks to    Rædfah. Is something wrong? Frowns as she asks another question. Would you like any heplp at all? It would be no problem for me. Sets her drink down on a nearby table.
   Thali Dunami ( 553 Points ) Monday, September 29, 2003 at 09:17
Yeah.*Thali smiled weakly* I’m ok Thalio, just a bit shocked. You alright now Bart?*Bart stared at her anxiosly.Thali patted his kneck.* I’ll see you in a bit. *They walked back towards the pub. As the door swung open Thali heard her sister’s voice say "Where’s Bart?"* Kakaro! Are you alright?*She ran to her sister’s side.*Of course you aren’t alright. A bit of a stupid question, I suppose. Bart’s fine. You are right about him, he is an amazing pony. He started going into one as soon as you fell.*Thali smiled broadly and turned to Fea.* Thank you so much Fea. You truly are a great healer. I don’t know much about it myself but whatever you did is incredible to me.*She turned back to Kakaro.* Let’s go home. Then you can tell me how you got that. You weren’t looking for Duhain, were you?*She laughed with releif.* Let’s go. Who wants the desiarable task of helping me carry her?
   Kakaro Dunami ( 832 Points ) Monday, September 29, 2003 at 09:49
"yes..." She replied still tired. "I am fine..." She broke eye contact for a moment before saying. "I was in the Halls of Mandos." She sighed. "But I was send back, strange experience... dying." She said and smiled then. "But I am still among the living. And please, don’t drag me all the way to my home, even on Bart it is a six hour journey across Rohan. Isn’t there a place closer by where I can just sleep?" She sighed again. "I don’t want to cause any more trouble then I already have. Those darn Dunlendings!"
She tried to get up a little, but someone pushed her back. "If you want a real answer Scealdmund, of how I can sleep at home. I can’t. It is hard to have a gigantic herd all by yourself, and to live all alone near a spooked forest and the nearest place is Edoras itself." She growled angry at herself.
   Thali Dunami ( 553 Points ) Monday, September 29, 2003 at 10:07

You died? *Thali’s eyes grew wide.* Kakaro, will anything stop you? No, I guess. But that can only be a good thing. But where to go? I can’t recall anywhere near, to be honest.

Kakaro Dunami ( 832 Points ) Monday, September 29, 2003 at 10:15
"yes, I did, I died. But let’s not talk about death while we are still under the living. Isn’t there anyone who can lend a bed to me? Unless someone wants to drag me all the way to my home.." Her humor was returning. "...behind a donkey. That’s not a very phooish way." She said laughing, but then cluthich her side. "And also a very painful one."
   Aelfric ( 87 Points ) Monday, September 29, 2003 at 14:28

Aelfric watches his sister with concern. "Good sister is there a not a time when you are not a healer? I know that is your calling and that they need your skills but even know you need rest. Even the pub is fraught with dangers.  Will the one called Kakaro fare well?""

He paused while sipping his mead. "Training goes well and I look forward to the day that I earn my spurs. I yearn for the day that I may take spear and sword into battle and defend Rohan."

Aelfric of the Mark
Cavalary Trainee
Broðor to Fëawen Rædric
   Arden ( 3 Points ) Monday, September 29, 2003 at 14:31

(OOC: Sorry for the late response. . .RL got in the way.
Kakaro~ As Mistress of the Phoo *g* I think it would be best if we kept it out of cav related stuff. . .afterall, Phoo is a strictly OOME thing. Thanks.)

Arden thanked the Third Marshal, saying that she would leave upon the closing for the night to set up a room for Squadron A to meet in. She sat thinking and sipping ale for a minutes, wondering if they would just meet, or practise some drills as well. Suddenly, a fellow Rider became quite ill.

Shocked, the problem was fixed before the Aethelwigend even stumbled over to help, or at least see what was going on. Feawen was certainly quick witted, and she worked well under pressure. Watching the miracles of medicine take place, Arden got up to get Kakaro an ale, for she was soon healed. (If it would be allowed by the Healer.) She also picked one up for Fea.

Coming back with Kakaro’s drink, Arden spoke to the Meduseld Sperewigend. Ardie wanted to show the lass how grateful they all were that she lived, though not being all to familiar with her, Arden gave her a pat on the back, and a meanningful look, expressing relief. 

"Do ya need anythink? I’d ask if y’er ok, but I know from me own experience that when ’un is just experienced somethink heavy, the last thing they want is to be bartered with questions. . .I got an ale ’ere for ya, I dunno if it’s alright for you to drink it tho’. "

Arden paused, reflecting on Kakaro’s words.

"I ’ave a place ’ere in Meduseld not to far where you can bunk, not the nicest place as we’re still workin’ on it, but the beds not bad, and nor’s the food if I could say so meself. . .tho’ should ye prefer to kip in yer own bed, ’twouldn’t be a problem for me to give ye a ride back, I brought a wagon with me today. . .padded down with straw it’d be okay to sit in methinks. I gots to be getting back soon anywho, and wouldn’t be too far outta me way. Tell me you think, ok dear?"

Arden turned to Fea, and smiled. Ard handed her the ale, at a bit of a loss for words. She was marvelled at the miracles her friend performed. . .Arden’s mouth gaped, and she mouthed meaningless sounds, finally settling for "Wow. " She gave her friend a hug. "Wot would we do without ye, eh?"

Darkwarrior ( 561 Points ) Monday, September 29, 2003 at 16:59
Confussed with what happed just then Darkwarrior went back to the dart board and picked up a dart to throw it and closed his eyes pictured the target in his mind and opened his eyes to throw it. The dart flew right in to the wall over the dart board. Sighing Darkwarrior said "I can not play darts now too much on my mind." Walking back to his table Darkwarrior sits down with his drink and drinks it thoughfully tring to figer out what just happened. While Kakaro got attack by dunlanders or something and then came here.

Sperewigend of the mark
   Sicilius ( 1573 Points ) Monday, September 29, 2003 at 18:05
And with that, Sicilius waves to the patrons, ushering them out, and taking Kakaro on his saddle, despite offers from many of the other troops, he rides out into the night as Sceohund puts out the lights...

THREAD CLOSED
                     Come join the fun in
Aethelmund XXIX

Maegisterscop of Rohan
~Edge Rider with Blaed~

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login

If you are not already registered you must first Register to use the forum