All forums
 We all have issues
 A Thread Only About Tom Reddick
 New topic  Reply to topic

Author Topic  
Joe Dressner

France
1290 Posts
Posted - 12/06/2003 :  00:19:30  Show profile  Visit Joe Dressner's home page  Reply with Quote
Mr. Reddick has written that the Loring thread was much more enjoyable to him when it was about Mr. Reddick.

Since Tom is a new member to this community, I think it would be a warm, welcoming gesture to have this thread dedicated to Tom and his thoughts about wine.

Jeff Davidson

237 Posts
Posted - 12/06/2003 :  00:40:25  Show profile  Reply with quote
Now someone else is posting as Joe! This site could really use an admin.

Go to top of page

Tom Reddick

USA
30 Posts
Posted - 12/06/2003 :  00:42:18  Show profile  Reply with quote
quote:
Mr. Reddick has written that the Loring thread was much more enjoyable to him when it was about Mr. Reddick.

Since Tom is a new member to this community, I think it would be a warm, welcoming gesture to have this thread dedicated to Tom and his thoughts about wine.

Thank you Joe,

The 20 greatest nice guys on the internet have egos too after all.

My basic thought is this- too many in the world of wine are slaves to CENSORED (I WROTE censored, did not even bother to name names), the SOON TO BE CENSORED ONCE HE/SHE BECOMES TOO IMPORTANT, and WOULD BE CENSORED IF THEY WOULD PUBLISH SOME FRIGGIN REAL TASTING NOTES AND NOT STORIES OF THE BEST CIGARS TO GO WITH MARGAUX IN THE BEST LONDON HOTELS.

Instead, be a slave to me.

After all, I will never steer you wrong with my TNs.

And rest assured, I will only post a rave review AFTER I have purchased all of a given wine that I wish to cellar.

If the wine is sufficiently rare that your interest may impact my future allocations, well then you are SOL since I ain't gonna post a TN.

But such is life. And take comfort since wines of hedonism do not interest me.

Give me a rotten old bottle of Rhone swill with a burgundy label resting under a TCA-laden old bit of cork any day.

You won't like it, but you will learn to not live without it.

BBUUUUAAAHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tom.Go to top of page

jblackwood

Saint Barthelemy
605 Posts
Posted - 12/06/2003 :  01:39:48  Show profile  Reply with quote
quote:

Nice to see you driving the Welcome Wagon, Joe!

Good thought about Tom. Hey, I just noticed I passed 600 posts. Where do I go to cash those in for my airline miles?

I wonder what Brian Loring is drinking tonight....Go to top of page

Fatboy

Christmas Island
375 Posts
Posted - 12/06/2003 :  03:36:08  Show profile  Reply with quote
quote:

I wonder what Brian Loring is drinking tonight....

rm demi sec champagne?

no wait. i'm not sure that's available in his market.

brian? chris? joe?

fb.

Go to top of page

Chris Coad

South Sandwich Islands
2051 Posts
Posted - 12/07/2003 :  04:45:14  Show profile  Visit Chris Coad's home page  Reply with quote
I've got a few opinions about the various manipulations that Cloudy Bay sauvignon goes through on its way to your table...

Go to top of page

Brian Loring

USA
6 Posts
Posted - 12/07/2003 :  14:45:55  Show profile  Visit Brian Loring's home page  Reply with quote
quote:
I wonder what Brian Loring is drinking tonight....

So that you don't drive yourself insane wondering... since the night in question was the 6th, I was drinking some tasty Coca Cola. And then some awful Pepsi. The Coke was at an open house at my girlfriend's work (Disney Feature Animation). I would have been drinking wine, but The Mouse had not seen fit to provide its minions with anything that was even remotely drinkable. The Pepsi was at an LA Kings game at Staple Center - where they have made the oh so wrong choice of being a "Pepsi House". Even the McDonalds at Staples has to pour Pepsi. What's the world coming to?

Hey! Wait a second! Weren't we suppossed to be talking about THE Tom Reddick?!?!

Loring Wine CompanyGo to top of page

Admin

USA
1503 Posts
Posted - 12/07/2003 :  15:29:41  Show profile  Visit Admin's home page  Reply with quote
Tom Reddick the rich guy who became a wine clerk who became a CPA?

I thought he bought it in a balloon crash three years ago.Go to top of page

Knut Sogner

Norway
544 Posts
Posted - 12/07/2003 :  15:39:32  Show profile  Reply with quote
quote:
I've got a few opinions about the various manipulations that Cloudy Bay sauvignon goes through on its way to your table...

I remember a glorious Cloudy Bay something with a fabulous cod-liver-tainted lobster in the east-England seaport Harwich many years ago. A stepping stone (rocky kind) on my way to wine-interest. Don't talk these things down...

Edited by - Knut Sogner on 12/07/2003 15:40:52Go to top of page

mcriden

Kyrgyzstan
108 Posts
Posted - 12/07/2003 :  16:31:06  Show profile  Reply with quote
Hey ... hey ... hey!
Mr. Dressner made the rules. So unless we're talking about a cod-liver-tainted Reddick here, you're off topic, bucko.

MarkGo to top of page

Joe Dressner

France
1290 Posts
Posted - 12/07/2003 :  22:20:15  Show profile  Visit Joe Dressner's home page  Reply with quote
quote:
Hey ... hey ... hey!
Mr. Dressner made the rules. So unless we're talking about a cod-liver-tainted Reddick here, you're off topic, bucko.

Mark

Thank you Mark.

All the threads on this board always steer off-course. Let's try to have one focused thread, just for once!

All About Tom Reddick!

Tom: what made you quit working at a wine shop and study for a CPA?

Are your newly-made friends in CPA school as passionate about wine as you are?

Edited by - Joe Dressner on 12/07/2003 22:22:37Go to top of page

jblackwood

Saint Barthelemy
605 Posts
Posted - 12/07/2003 :  22:22:54  Show profile  Reply with quote
Upstate NY fascists.....

Edited by - jblackwood on 12/07/2003 22:23:30Go to top of page

Jeff Connell

Saint Pierre and Miquelon
883 Posts
Posted - 12/07/2003 :  22:31:20  Show profile  Reply with quote
quote:
Let's try to have one focused thread, just for once!
Hear here!
Brave words!
What the f**k is a focused tread?

Admin, you can't be talking about the balloon crash like that. Have a little sensitivity.

Go to top of page

egil

Norway
135 Posts
Posted - 12/08/2003 :  00:01:21  Show profile  Reply with quote
This is a post about Tom Reddick

In norwegian tom means empty, while reddick can be translated to radish.

CPA? I don't have a clue. We don't have that in Norway.

This was a post about Tom Reddick.Go to top of page

New topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:

Wine therapy © Robert Callahan Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000