Re: Shirley's relate to cherokee indians

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dennis shirley on December 26, 2001 at 10:01:34:

In Reply to: Re: Shirley's relate to cherokee indians posted by Cindy Bash on April 25, 2000 at 13:20:34:

: : : Myra Belle Starr (1848-1889) American outlaw, born in or near Carthage ,MO. Bore a child by Cole Younger(1869); operated a livery stable in Dallas, often dealing in stolen hores; married(1887),a Cherokee Indian;settled near present Eufala,Oklahoma; her cabin becoming a favorite hideout for outlaws, including Jeese James; her reputation as a mastermind of an outlaw gang is apparently apocryphal; shot and killed.

: :
: : My grandmother was Myra Maybelle Shirley Starr's half 3rd cousin once removed of the husband Samuel Starr. My grandmother was 3/8 Cherokee and on the roll and I also have a cdib card and registration number to the Cherokee tribe. My half brother on my mother's side is also a Shirley and is looking for information on his Shirley bloodline.
: Are you a relitive of Belle's? Are you one of Pearls grandchildren or one of Eddie's? Please let me know I am doing much research trying to find out about Pearl.
: Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]