OPEN RUSSIA FOUNDATION BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING JUNE 17, 2003
The Open Russian Foundation Board of Trustees held a meeting on June 17, 2003 to consider applications for grants that have been received by the Foundation since the previous Board of Trustees meeting in September 2002. Based on funding priorities and available resources, the Trustees agreed to make grants for the following:
1. Publication of Snowdon on Russia, a book of photographs by Lord Snowdon. Lord Snowdon is one of the world's most renowned photographers, and the official photographer of the British Royal Family.
2. Participation of Sergey Pudalov, a young violinist, in the Pablo Sarasate International Violin Competition in Spain in September 2003.
3. Junior Achievement Russia's “Global Aspects of Business and Economy” 2003 program. Junior Achievement Russia is part of Junior Achievement International.
4. Publication of a new Comprehensive Norwegian-Russian Dictionary by the University of Oslo's Department of East European and Oriental Studies.
5. Participation of Kristina Pakhareva, a student at Lyceum #2 in Angarsk, Irkutsk Oblast, in the London International Youth Science Forum. Kristina won a regional contest to participate in the Forum.
Applicants whose requests were not granted and who wish to request support from the Open Russia Foundation in the future will need to re-apply using the official Preliminary Application Form located on this website