Shirley clan in Texas and Arkansas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob Edmonson on January 27, 2001 at 18:59:43:

I need some help on my family tree for the Shirley family. My great grandfather was James Washington Shirley who was born in Sharp County, AR 7/09/1855. He died in Red River County, TX 1/01/1927. He had a sister, Nancy J. Shirley who I show was born in 1859 and on whom I have no other good information. Cemetery records for Red River County, TX show a Nancy J. Shirley born 11/July/1852 who died in 1891 and is buried in Annona Cemetery near Annona, TX in Red River County, TX. If she is my great grandfather's sister she would not have been born in 1852 but in 1859. Annona is about four miles from where my great grandfather James Washington Shirley was buried. The same records show a Nora Darby Shirley born July 22, 1888 and died January 23 1920 who is buried in the Avery Cemetery, Red River County, TX which is about eight miles from Annona, TX. I am of the opinion that Nancy J. Shirley was the sister of James Washington Shirley and lived near him in Red River County, TX. I am also of the opinion that Nora Darby Shirley may have been her daughter. Will any of the Shirley clan in Arkansas and Texas please check their records and see what they can tell me on this subject? I would really appreciate this help since the possibility of what I have stated above being correct. Thanks for the help.

Bob Edmonson
bob@colorgraphicsco.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]