Re: Russell Shirley of Hamilton Co, IL

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tina on April 14, 2001 at 20:14:23:

In Reply to: Russell Shirley of Hamilton Co, IL posted by Don Lovan on April 02, 2001 at 23:35:39:

I don't know if we connect in anyway, but here goes....I descend from Wm Clark who married Florence Cullins. Florence was the daughter of John Cullins and Mary Hungate. John Cullins was the son of William Cullins and Lettice Shirley. Lettice was the daughter of Thomas Shirley and Mollie Grubbs....I will post some research notes I have on these families...do any of my Hamilton County IL surnames sound familiar with your line? (Shirley/Cullins/Clark)?
NOTE:
WILLIAM CULLINS married Lettice SHIRLEY in 1813. Lettice was born abt 1785 and died July 1859. Her father was Thomas SHIRLEY and mother was Virginia Mary "Mollie" GRUBBS. (This source doesn't list Abbeville Co., SC but they were with other Shirley and Cullins marriages from the area.)
NOTE:
WILLIAM CULLINS came from Abbeville, S.C. in 1805 to Barren Co. Kentucky with wife(Lettice Shirley) and children, and his son JOHN CULLINS went to Hamilton County, Illinois in about 1830, and Johnís son WILLIAM CULLINS went to Missouri in 1905, and Williamís son ALLISON CULLINS was born in Illinois and died in MO

Any connections?

Tina

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]