Our Promise to You
We at LiveJournal try to ensure that our service is as pleasant as possible for each user,
so we've assembled a list of promises we will keep.
We stand firm in saying that we will:
- Work with the community, for the community
- We promise to keep you informed of changes to the best of our abilities without being intrusive.
We promise to run our business based on feedback from the LiveJournal community, and with the
LiveJournal community's best interests in mind.
- Honor the status of every account
- Permanent accounts will be honored for the life of the site. Paid accounts will remain as
paid accounts until they expire, unless they are renewed in advance. Early adopters will be granted access to the paid
features that were freely available in the early history of the site. (Account status valid
with the exception of account termination by means of Terms of Service
- Maintain reliable uptime within the limits of technical considerations
- We try to keep things running smoothly for everyone, especially since we use the system just
as much as anyone else. Unfortunately server hangups do occur, but we will plan ahead as best
as possible to avoid them.
- Stay advertisement free
- It may be because it's one of our biggest pet peeves, or it may be because they don't
garner a lot of money, but nonetheless, we promise to never offer advertising space in our
service or on our pages.
- Never send you unsolicited e-mail
- We strongly believe that spam has no place on the internet, and we promise never to send you
any e-mail without your implied or explicit consent. We promise to never sell lists of users' e-mail
addresses or personal information, and we promise never to spam on the behalf of an interested
- Support the Free Software movement
- All of the code that is used to run a complete, highly-customizable LiveJournal installation
is available to the public. We promise to keep this source free and open so that we can give
something back to the Free Software community.