The NetSmartz Workshop® is an interactive, educational resource for
children (5-17), parents, guardians, educators, and law enforcement that
uses age-appropriate, 3-D activities to teach children how to stay safer
on the Internet.
The goal of the NetSmartz Workshop is to extend the safety awareness of
children to prevent victimization and increase self-confidence whenever
they go online. These goals include how to
- enhance the ability of children to recognize dangers on the Internet
- encourage children to report victimization to a trusted adult
- support and enhance community education efforts
- increase communication between adults and children about online safety
- enhance the ability of children to understand that people they first
"meet" on the Internet should never be considered their friend
The NetSmartz Workshop teaches children the rules for online safety.