<< Supporting Membership
<< Links Directory

<< Fanatics Site
<< Fanatics Shop
<< Fanatics Library Your Login Info

Not a Member Yet?

Lord of the Rings Chess Sets
Lord of the Rings Caps Support the Plaza by becoming a Supporting Member

Forum Overview | Last Forum Posts | Last House Posts | Forum Stats | People On | Plaza Kingdoms | FAQ  

All Forums
    Lothlorien

Printer Friendly Version Post reply    Post New Topic

SubjectSearch for the Entwives- Guard RPG 36
   Nayeldraccon ( 3415 Points ) Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at 23:58
   Guardian of the Wood       View Nayeldraccon's profileProfile Visit Nayeldraccon's homepageHomepage Quote Nayeldraccon's postQuote

There is tragedy and sadness in Fangorn. The spirit of the ent Slowbark is passing, unhastily of course. The ent has become moribund since he was assaulted by trolls near the Misty Mountains. Near to death, Slowbark has requested that he see his Entwife, Celebanna, one last time before passing to Aman. Treebeard, unwilling to deny the request of one of the oldest ents, has come to Lórien to ask for aid in finding her. Little was known of where she fled to, so the officers scheduled a meeting, discussing where they could have wandered. To the North lies Mirkwood, and if they had passed there, tales of their passage would have surely been known. To the west of the Brown Lands, their old home, are Lórien and Rohan, and no word or tale about them came from there. The same with Gondor to the South, and Mordor was no option. The only logical direction would be east, to the sea of Rhûn, so now the Lórien Guard is setting out on a great journey to find the lost Entwife, Celebanna.

RPG created by Eragon A Falah and Merl Moriestiel

Rules and Requests
~ This RPG is Lórien Guard only.
~ No spam!
~ Always follow the orders of your officers, and watch their posts carefully; they will inform you of things to come.
~ No signatures!
~ Add your region and division (archer/ranger) at the top of your post! Officers will post their rank on top.
~ If you are not on the list your Warden(s) posted, you are not allowed to join before you make your presence known in the Guard Talan (both Roll Call and division thread)
~ If you want some help on how to construct an RPG post, seek the help of Laire Vendelotë, Nayeldraccon or Merl Moriestiel (e-mails in their profiles)
~ If you want constructive criticism about your RPG post, ask your region Wardens.
~ Have Fun!

Officers will post in Blue
Healers will post in Green
The Generals will post in Brown
All others will post in Black
Those of you that are headed over the sea, post in RED

Please! If you have NOT GRADUATED Healer Training, do NOT claim to be a healer, this is Godmoding and Nay HATES Godmoders!

There is a post limit of 7 posts per 24 hours, please allow at least 3 posts between your last one and next one.

THE NEXT LINES TELLS YOU WHERE WE ARE IN THE TIMELINE!!   READ IT!!!

Synopsis: The officers have had counsil with the great Treebeard and have decided to lend a hand in searching for Celebanna, Slowbark’s wife. The Guard crossed the Anduin and was met with a group of orcs, defeated them and circled the southern edge of Mirkwood. After survivng a sandstorm, we are camping for the night.  We have been discovered by a group of traveling Eastmen, and they have led us to their city of Dorwinion.  The officers have met with the Leader of the community and have agreed to help defend against the perpetual raids of the Easterlings. The soldiers have been told of the threat, and battle plans have been prepared by the officers. The battle has been long and hard, but well fought.  Victory is ours.  We are feasting in the great hall with the Dorwinion folk.  The Lord of Dorwinion has gifted us with Horses, and Laire has announced the promotions of a new division, and the coming of two new wardens.  Morning is here, the feast is over.  Merl has called for an assembly of the Galadhrim. Where Nay proposed to her and Laire has named the soldiers that will accompany her over the Sea of Rhun.  The ones who will stay with Arachir Nay have been given orders, and the ones that will travel east have set sail and landed on the shore. They have just found two Entwives that are approaching them, and have contacted Celebanna and are heading back to join us,  land is in sight.  The Rangers and Archers have entered the tunnels to escape the city while the Gilvaethyr stay back to cover the escape, and are now making for the tunnels themselves.  The Guard has now totally regrouped and is preparing for the next set of orders.

Previous line is where we are in the timeline, pay attention!!!!

Last thread: http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=52&TopicID=135851&PagePosition=1

Only officers and Gilvaethyr have horses!!

Menthol ( 2156 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 02:56
   Sentinel of Lothlorien       View Menthol's profileProfile Quote Menthol's postQuote

Menthol, Gilvaethor

She gave a mocking grin as Cele asked her to dismount the mare, " That horse, dear, has a name too, and if I am not mistaken you should recognise her as Arnah!" Taking her feet out of the stirrups, she swung her right leg over the saddle and let herself glide down. Patting the steed on the neck one more time, she turned to the elf in front of her. Menthol smiled dryly and hugged him for a minute, closing her eyes. "Missed you."

Hearing footsteps into their direction, the elf looked up noticing that yet another familiar face had neared. "Himli!" she said with joy, "How has the journey been? Have you found that Entwife?"

Remembering that the warden of the South was also standing around them, Menthol turned to search after her friend, whom she found just a few steps away. Letting go of Cele's hand, she had been holding to until now, the elf took Arnah by the reins, not wanting to let the mare alone, and made her way over to her other friend, "Hey, Crys. How are you? We haven't come to talk much lately." she paused for a moment, before going on, "Are you searching someone?...just so...a random thought, one could hear your voice from the other part of the tunnels! I''d say you'll be a great guidance for the Easterlings, too, if you keep on!" she joked and grinned. Good to be among friends again.

Aranadhel ( 493 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 03:29
   Archer of Lothlorien       View Aranadhel's profileProfile Quote Aranadhel's postQuote

Ranger of the East

Aranadhel was surprised to reach the end of the tunnel after what felt like an eternity. He then puts out the torch & makes his way back to Astuta , Thealest & Lagor... Seeing their pensive moods , he asked each & everyone of them what was wrong.

Nenedhel ( 317 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 03:51
   Galadhrim Weaver       View Nenedhel's profileProfile Quote Nenedhel's postQuote
Archer of the South

“Ah! Then Celebanna is here.” Nen';s eyes scanned the area looking for the entwife, “I would love to see her!”

Then as Firien turned to talk to Caliith Nen said to Alatarwen, “It';s good to see you, my friend. I guess now that we';ve found Celebanna we will be returning home, won';t we?”

She was interrupted as someone came upto her asking her a question. Turning Nen recognized Ecaps, “Saluid, mellon. It seems your trip over the Rhun has been successful. I';m afraid I have no idea where the rest of the division is. All the divisions are rather mixed up at the moment.”

As Ecaps'; attention was claimed by others Nen turned back to Alatarwen, Firien and Caliith. “Have any of you spotted Melanthir in this crowd?” she asked a little worriedly as she patted Mithrendess gently on her muzzle.

Celebglîn ( 4578 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 08:11
   Rúmil       View Celebglîn's profileProfile Visit Celebglîn's homepageHomepage Quote Celebglîn's postQuote

Warden of the East

Cele grinned at what Menthol said. Of course the horse had a name, but right now he was just so excited about Menthol';s return. «I am sorry darling, I am just so happy to see you that I forget about everything around me, you know.» The hug was good, and for long Cele held around Menthol with both of his arms. «I have missed you too.» Looking at her, still holding her hand he gave her a little kiss on the cheek. After have heard what Menthol again said, she let go of his hand and turned to Him, and slowly walked over to Crys, who was Menthol';s old warden.

It was with joy that Cele turned around and looked at Him where he was standing. It was indeed a happy meeting after a pretty long time away from each other. At least the length felt longer after they had both worried about the other. Still looking at Him, he gave him a friendly hug. «I am happy to see you mellon nín. I already heard you found the Entwives, which is so good. And how have your trip been? Here everything went well I suppose, if not Menthol here have something to tell about the staying behind fighting Easterlings. You see, an army of Easterlings, twenty thousand strong marched against the Dorwinion. And then we decided to leave as you maybe now, we couldn';t stay there, we would get slaughtered. But the Gilvaethyr stayed behind killing some after what I understood. Isn';t that right, dear?» Cele said turning to Menthol.

astuta gatita ( 201 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 09:29
   Galadhrim Weaver       View astuta gatita's profileProfile Visit astuta gatita's homepageHomepage Quote astuta gatita's postQuote

Ranger of the East

Aran I am fine, just lapsed into my own world for a moment.  I am really ready for some sort of action whether good or bad.  It seems that a tunnel will only stop twenty thousand Easterlings for so long and I haven't heard any other plans than being on the other side of the tunnel from our wardens.  I'm sure eventually they will get around to telling us what our new orders are.

ecaps ( 1951 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 09:42
   Galadhrim Bowmaster       View ecaps's profileProfile Quote ecaps's postQuote

Archer of the South

Ecaps had noticed that the divisions were currently all mixed up before Nenedhel said that that was the case.  "I had noticed that Nen.  I am sure that I will find who I am looking for."  Having said that, Ecaps remembered that he hadn't seen Isilsatari since returning and looks to those he is standing with.  "Cele, Menthol, you have been here the whole time, have either of you seen Isil around?  I know that she must be around somewhere."  Continuing to look around Ecaps tries to find his sister and find out how she is.

Nurbor Calad ( 2097 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 09:49
   Sentinel of Lothlorien       View Nurbor Calad's profileProfile Quote Nurbor Calad's postQuote

Nurbor, Gilvaethor/Master Etelehtar

Nurbor steered his horse towards Aduchil as he heard him calling for the Gilvaethor, and he heard him asking, and one of the members of the unit responding already.  There was little more for him to do aside from sit there and look omnious.  He grinned, and shook his head,'Me omnious?' he thought sarcastically, and he wondered what it was that the generals had in mind, since Nay had said they wouldn't sit in here and wait for the humans and try to slay them as they came, but rather they were going to sit in this cavern, it seemed someone was playing a cruel joke on him, never giving the straight orders....

Mireth Guilbain ( 1993 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 10:08
   Galadhrim Bowmaster       View Mireth Guilbain's profileProfile Visit Mireth Guilbain's homepageHomepage Quote Mireth Guilbain's postQuote

Etelehtar/Ranger of the West

Mireth remains standing in the same spot, even though others keep coming and going all around her. Some look for friends and loved ones, others respond to various summons from their commanding officers...yet Mireth stays put, unsure of what she should do. There seems no need for her healing skills, and she doubted she would be able to find Master Nurbor in this throng anyway. Her sword seems equally useless at the moment, for what enemy is there to fight, hunkered down in this cavern? She sighs lightly, recognizing her own restlessness. Where are her Wardens? What are her orders? What can she do?

Silivren Mîdh ( 104 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 12:07
   Scout of Lothlorien       View Silivren Mîdh's profileProfile Quote Silivren Mîdh's postQuote

Ranger of the East

Mîdh stands apart from most of her fellow warriors.  She stands ready like many of the others, waiting for orders.  She looks a bit troubled but she is happy to be out of the tunnels.  Closed spaces always make her feel a bit cramped.  Shaking her head she looks for a familar face to talk to in the mass of elves, but seeing none she returns to her own thoughts as she waits for orders wondering lightly what she could do at the moment to remove her unease.

FlameofArnor14 ( 711 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 14:08
   Forester of Lothlorien       View FlameofArnor14's profileProfile Quote FlameofArnor14's postQuote

Eastern Ranger

Flame and Helain both blinked and stumbled as they reached the end of the tunnels. "Whoa..tis just a wee bit bright out here, don't ye think?" cried Helain. Flame nodded in agreement as he looked around for someone he knew. Flame spotted no one he really knew except Aranadhel, whom he'd merely met. Flame walked up to Aran and said,"So, how goes it mellon? Pity we can't stay and fight..though I guess the officer's know best, eh?" Helain stood behind Flame, his hand on his sword hilt, and looking rather shy.

Tolannui ( 340 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 14:13
   Archer of Lothlorien       View Tolannui's profileProfile Quote Tolannui's postQuote

Ranger of the South

Tolannui got back from refilling her waterskin with cool, fresh water, a luxury after suffering like so in the tunnels. Nearby, she noticed an elf she had not seen before (Mîdh). "Greetings, my name is Tolannui, what is yours? I've never met you before, but I'm happy to see another elf in our army. You seem to be a bit stressed, would you like some of my water?", she said, welcoming her. Tolannui was going to spend this downtime relaxing. Sooner rather than later, Arachir Nay will tell all the elves and Dorwinions to continue moving, distancing them from the Easterlings. Tolannui found a comfortable clump of grass and sat on it. Nearby were some beautiful white flowers . She thought to herself, "Even in pursuit, there is beauty. It is important to take time to appreciate the beauty around us, if even for a minute a day."

Isilsartari ( 1133 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 15:57
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Isilsartari's profileProfile Visit Isilsartari's homepageHomepage Quote Isilsartari's postQuote
Isilsartari ~ Southern ranger.

Glad to be back with her sister Tari, Isil says, '' At least I now know the others are ok. We are bound to bump into them soon. Once we start to move again I can look for them up with you, they were promoted wern't they? '' Isil knew some of them were. '' Come to think of it. I hardly know any of the guard anymore or who's where. I saw Elenfea and Ista, but I can't imagine where they are. I know most of the officers of course, but its mainly Ecaps, Lith, and Fir I know best. So much has changed. Lai mentioned she was in the guard but I can't say I've seen her, but with the dorwinions and the training, then the retreat it has been hard to spot anyone familiar. '' Isil knew her dorwinion trainees had gone to find their families after they got out of the city with her. '' Tell me what did you find over the sea. I do love the water and was so envious of your chance to sail. '' Isil listened to her sister but continued to scan the crowd for any of the others.
   Théalest ( 468 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 16:03
   Archer of Lothlorien       View Théalest's profileProfile Quote Théalest's postQuote
Ranger of the East
Though it took only a second for her eyes to adjust to the light that flared in her face as she exited the tunnel, Thealest squinted her eyes, relishing in the change from the putrid air of the tunnel.  'I am just happy to be in the light again, Aranadhel.'  Thealest replied when her companion expressed his concern of the group.  Hearing an elf (Ecaps) utter the name Isil, she quickly looked around.  Isil was here?  Just as she was about to depart from the group in search of her friend, another elf approached Aran.  'FlameSo we may have a chance to do battle together once more.'
   Halrandír ( 706 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 16:06
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Halrandír's profileProfile Visit Halrandír's homepageHomepage Quote Halrandír's postQuote

Aretelehtar / Ranger of the South

The tunnels had seemed to stretch on and on unceasingly to Halrandir.  At first, he had remained quiet, walking amidst the crowd of Mortals while listening to both Atani and Eldar confess their excitement, their anxiety, their fears.  Later, as the trip wore on his reticent shell, he began talking with the men and women around him, learning about their lives and their home more.  But most of all, he talked with Granon, who had surprised him with his revelation of a deeper, more compassionate soul under his sarcastic, wisecracking appearance.  By the time they reached the end to the tunnel, Halrandir and Granon were laughing and joking as if they were old friends.

When they reached the caverns on the opposite side of the mountains, the two of them helped organize the Dorwinions along one of the sides of the space, helping them find loved ones whom they had become separated from.  After seeing to it that Granon had help from his own people, Halrandir turns back to the rest of the Guard and begins wandering around the crowd they had created, looking for someone he might know.  It didn't take long for him to find Tari standing with Isilsartari with a handsome horse that appeared to be in mid-cleaning.  "Tari!" he called over the din as he made his way to them, "it seems you made it back from across the sea in good shape."  Holding out his hand in greeting, he looks at the horse and laughs to himself.  "Excuse me, but I don't think I ever really congratulated you on your promotion to the Gilvathyr, so congratulations!"

Elenfea44 ( 690 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 17:18
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Elenfea44's profileProfile Quote Elenfea44's postQuote
Ranger of the South

Hearing her name from behind her in the crowd, Elea turns, searching for the elf who had mentioned her name. When her eyes finally settle on Isil a large smile crosses her face. Still walking with the children she was helping to look after, she makes her way through the crowd and taps her friend on the shoulder, "Mae govannen, mellon nin. It has been too long since our last meeting. How have you been?" Always trying to remain alert, Elea glances around, "Do you know what we will be doing now? Or where we will be going for that matter? Would you care to travel with us?"   
   astuta gatita ( 201 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 17:32
   Galadhrim Weaver       View astuta gatita's profileProfile Visit astuta gatita's homepageHomepage Quote astuta gatita's postQuote

Ranger of the East

Astuta walks over to where Midh is standing apart from the rest and introduces herself since she failed to recognize her.  (then again Astuta was not known for actually remembering people well after she met them but she really tries hard)  I am Astuta and am in the eastern division of rangers as well.  How long have you been a member of the guard?

She then wonders what happened to Aran as she answered him but then heard nothing in response from him.

Aduchil ( 4843 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 17:43
   Marchwarden of Lothlorien       View Aduchil's profileProfile Visit Aduchil's homepageHomepage Quote Aduchil's postQuote

Commander of Gilvaethyr

Aduchil nodded to Ithyreal. "Very well then, I am glad to know matters are not worse. I imagine with the joy of returning the Guard soldiers to each other it is quite difficult to maintain discipline right now," the commander added with a smile. "As to what we found across the sea... well we found what we came for. Our original goal is accomplished. Though I doubt our generals will leave Dorwinion to its fate, so do not sheathe your swords yet. We will probably need them yet," Aduchil said with a more grave expression. His left hand sub-consciously slid down to his sword hilt and carressed the metal with his gloved fingers, almost begging him to grasp it and feel the familiar feeling.

Instead of doing that though, Aduchil took his flagon from his belt and sipped some water. As he put the cork back into the bottle he glanced around and noticed how many Elves there was. They filled up the cave and it seemed like a large host to those uncustomed with great armies. But against 20,000 Easterlings, he doubted they would suffice. He knew his own mind and that it was always inclined to look at things the worst way. He knew also that he could not defeat such thoughts on his own. Instead he fixed his gaze on Lairë, and decided that for her sake he would believe in victory. He had to, because he could not imagine the future for himself if something went wrong now.

Silivren Mîdh ( 104 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 17:49
   Scout of Lothlorien       View Silivren Mîdh's profileProfile Quote Silivren Mîdh's postQuote
Mîdh smiles at Tolannui, "No that's ok I have my own but thank you," she indicates two waterskins at her side, "My name is Mîdh.  It's good to talk to someone," takes a seat beside her and smiles, "Your right you must enjoy beauty while the time lasts for you to."  She looks up and sees another elf walking towards her, "Suilad Astuta I am Mîdh.  You are also of the east?  Im afraid I havent' seen you before...but then again I havent been in the guard very long.  I suppose that gives you a disadvantage when you dont even know your fellow guard members."  She sighs and looks over at the white flowers swaying softly in the wind.
   FlameofArnor14 ( 711 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 17:50
   Forester of Lothlorien       View FlameofArnor14's profileProfile Quote FlameofArnor14's postQuote

Eastern Ranger

Flame grinned as he saw Thealest,"Ello mate!" Flame embraced his friend. He pulled away and said,"Aye, we will fihgt together again, my friend. But enough of the sad stuff, how are you?" Flame grinned and turned around as Helain coughed,"Oh, and this is my younf trainee, Helain Dunhelm. He's from Dorwinion, you see." Helain looked down at his feet and blushed. The young man kissed Thealest's hand and said,"You are stunning, m'lady." Flame rolled his eyes and knocked him upside the head.

Lagoradinen ( 179 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 18:50
   Scout of Lothlorien       View Lagoradinen's profileProfile Visit Lagoradinen's homepageHomepage Quote Lagoradinen's postQuote

"Pensive?" Lagoradinen replied. "No... just quiet..." He said nothing else, but stood there, figuring out what to do next. There had to be something productive to do to pass the time. He watched as other elves conversed with each other, and smiled as he saw the trainee speaking to Thealest. Wishing there was some conversation to join, Lagor stood there in his own thoughts...

(OOC: Yes, sorry, short post! I'll post soon again, though...)

Tari Carnesir ( 1544 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 18:53
   Galadhrim Bowmaster       View Tari Carnesir's profileProfile Quote Tari Carnesir's postQuote

Tari-Etelehtar, Gilvaethor

Tari continues to wipe the sweat off Bronn with a cloth from her pack.  When Isilsartari asks about the outcome of the sea voyage, Tari turns to her and says, "We found entwives, Isil!  We found Celebanna!  She was standing just outside on the beach a few minutes ago.  I'm sorry you missed the voyage also.  Except for the discovery of the entwives, the trip was fairly uneventful."  Tari finishes wiping down Bronn and hands her a piece of dried apple from her pack. 

Halrandir appears and greets Tari with an extended hand.  She laughs, ignores his hand and gives him a quick hug.  "Tis good to see you too, Master Healer and thank you for your good wishes.  I'm pleased to see that you are in one piece."  She asks, "Master Nurbor is well?  And the other members of the Etelehtar?" 

astuta gatita ( 201 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 19:12

Ranger of the East

Lagor you know you can always have a stimulating conversation with me Astuta said while winking at LagorTwiddling my fingers was always a good diversion she said sarcasticly as well.  Or we could come up with names we would give our horses if we had horses...

Midh, don't worry as I said before or maybe I just thought it, gonna confuse myself more if I think too hard on it...  What was I saying??  Oh yes, that I am not good at remembering people and/or names, but I am also somewhat new here to the east as well.

Halrandír ( 706 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 19:28
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Halrandír's profileProfile Visit Halrandír's homepageHomepage Quote Halrandír's postQuote

Aretelehtar / Ranger of the South

Halrandir is suddenly, but not unpleasently taken by surprise by Tari's sudden hug.  Stepping back out of the embrace, he looks around with a wondering look on his face.  "I'm not sure how Master Nurbor is doing, and I haven't seen any of the other Etelehtari for some time.  I've been helping organize the Dorwinions mostly and haven't even seen my Warden since we left the city.  All I know is that Nurbor stayed behind with the rest of the Gilvaethyr to give us time to escape."

Overhearing Tari tell Isil about the Entwives, the Master Healer's ears perk up noticeably.  "You found her?!  So, you mean, we're going home?  Were you told when, and if we were to help the Dorwinions again first?"  The questions just tumbled out of his mouth, but Halrandir was in great earnest.  While he longed for his own tree with the waters of the Nimrodel flowing by, he also worried for the safety of this people they had already saved from death once.

Naurloth ( 1856 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 19:42
   Galadhrim Bowmaster       View Naurloth's profileProfile Visit Naurloth's homepageHomepage Quote Naurloth's postQuote

Naurloth, Gilvaethor

Naurloth lets her steed trot among the Guard, her brilliant green eyes searching for a familiar face, as she was fairly lost and confused. Spying a certain blonde elf she knows, she quickly rides up to Alatarwen.

"Wrenny!" She shouts as she hurridly gets off her horse, her back wounds stretching in a most painful way. She also notices Nen and Firien, as well as another elf she does not know. "Suilad everyone, I am so glad you all are ok!" She says, as she moves slowly toward the group.

Théalest ( 468 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 20:39
   Archer of Lothlorien       View Théalest's profileProfile Quote Théalest's postQuote
Ranger of the East
Taking a step forwards Thealest met Flame to hug him, grateful to see a familiar face.  The weight of war seemed to hang heavyily on Flame's shoulders, and Thealest presumed it was better to speak of happier things as he had sugested.  As Thealest began to speak, a man standing behind Flame cleared his throat abruptly.  Thealest peered around Flame to get a better look at Helain as he was introduced.  Trying not to blush at Helain's commet, or burst into laughter at Flame's reaction, Thealest continued to speak.  'Speaking of stunning ladies....how is Larianna?'  Remembering those about her who were not aquainted with Flame, she turned to the group.  'Oh, Flame, Helain, this is Astuta, Lagor, Tolannui...and Midh did you say?  You and Aranadhel are obviously already known to eachother.'
   FlameofArnor14 ( 711 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 21:00

Ranger of ze East

Flame grinned at Thealest as Helain blushed and looked everywhere but at her. Replying to his friend, Flame said,"I haven't seen Lari in ages. She went to visit some friends and relatives in Rivendell and Mirkwood. Then we were called to service here and I haven't seen her. I half-wish that she were a healer, but then again, I couldn't in my right mind, let her join the Guard. Did you see her before we left?" Flame frowned and a troubled look crossed his face."God, I want to see her so much...." Helain patted Flame on the shoulder and said,"Its okay, mate. You will."

Tari Carnesir ( 1544 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 21:19
   Galadhrim Bowmaster       View Tari Carnesir's profileProfile Quote Tari Carnesir's postQuote

Tari-Etelehtar, Gilvaethor

Tari looks at Halrandir and says, "Yes my lord, we did indeed find Celebanna and she has agreed to return to Lorien with us."  She looks around at the crowd of horses, elves and mortals.  "I do not know when we will return to the Golden Wood.  I have heard no orders from Commanders Lalwende or Aduchil as of yet.  I'm sure they will let us know what to do soon."  Tari leans against the wall and drinks from one of her waterskins.

ecaps ( 1951 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 22:43
   Galadhrim Bowmaster       View ecaps's profileProfile Quote ecaps's postQuote

Archer of the South

While scanning the multitude for Isilsartari, Ecaps finally manages to spot her while she is talking with Halrandir and Tari.  Taking his leave of the group he is with, Ecaps moves over to them, making his way through the crowd.  Reaching them he gives his sister a warm embrace.  "Isil it is good to see you again.  Has everything gone well here?"  Turning to Halrandir and Tari, Ecaps says, "Halrandir it is good to see you as well my friend.  I hope that you haven't had too much business while we were gone.  Tari it is good to be back on land again is it not?"  Looking at both Halrandir and Isil, Ecaps continues: "I take it that Tari has filled you in with our happenings."

Sulrin ( 1466 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 23:38
   Galadhrim Bowmaster       View Sulrin's profileProfile Quote Sulrin's postQuote

Sulrin: Gilvaethor

He looked around, but still could not locate Lal.  But he was not worried. If anyone had been lost, the news would have been spreading like wildfire.  He waved to Ecaps, and Tari. It was good to see them back safe and sound.  The Arachril and Aduchil as well. Now he could only wander how they were going to leave the caves. Indeed, how long where they going to have to linger here in the half light. It was not to his liking, but as long as the Galadhrim and the Dorwinions were safe. This is what mattered the most to all of them.

Nayeldraccon ( 3415 Points ) Friday, June 04, 2004 at 00:42
   Guardian of the Wood       View Nayeldraccon's profileProfile Visit Nayeldraccon's homepageHomepage Quote Nayeldraccon's postQuote

Arachir.

Nay rolled his eyes and shook his head at the words of Nurbor and turned his attention to MerlNurbor's bravery and loyalty was unmatched, but his sharp tongue was least appealing of all of his characteristics.

As he dismounted his horse, he was met by his beloved, Merl.  As she planted a soft kiss on his lips, a flood of emotion ran up his spine.  He had missed her intensely during the time that they were apart, and each second he thought of her, providing his motivation to succed in his plan.  But it was not over yet.  Nay still had several key ideas that needed to be implemented.

He slowly pulled away from Merl's kiss, and as she held him close, he said in a soft tone, We are not out of danger yet.  We have plenty of objectives to accomplish at this point.  We cannot lead the Dorwinion folk to Lorien and allow their home to be sacked by the Easterlings.  They have provided us with more than what we could ask for.  We need to ensure that they're generosity was not in vain.

I have been thinking about this for some time.  I am changing our plans.  We will not head home at the mercy of our foes.  We will lull them into a false sense of security and hit them where it hurts.  We will retaliate.  And we will invade.

Nay raised his voice above the chatter of the Guard and the reunion talk of the others. Everyone, out of the tunnels now, rest while you can!  We will be on the move in a hurry.  Get outside, I have to speak to you!

Nay reached down and held Merl's hand as he led the Guard members to the bright sunlight of the desert to the outskirts of the mountains, and found his way to the center of the assembled Guard.

Ista Sharassi, we will need your hawk again.  Nay pulled two rough looking pieces of paper from his pouch and scrawled quick notes on them.  Rolling them each up and tying them with a ribbon, he handed them to Ista, begging her to send the bird to Mirkwood and Fangorn forests, before he stood tall again before the soldiers of the Guard.

We will eliminate the threat of the Easterlings and destroy their forces in Dorwinion.  If we are successful, this will send a message to the Easterlings.  They will not dare another attack on the city of Dorwinion.  Now, this will be a simple plot.  As of now, the escape tunnels of Dorwinion are unknown to the enemy.  We will use that to our advantage.  I want all of the Archers, led by Crystalen, Eouwen, Menthol, and Celebglin to march over the mountains to Dorwinion and unleash an assault on the city with your bows.  Hopefully it will confuse the enemy, and they will rally to defend against it.  Next, the Rangers, being led by the Gilvaethyr will crash into the city through the tunnels, and hit them from the behind.  The Gilvaethyr will be charged with cutting through the enemy and and opening the gates to the city so that the archers may rush in, to help our liberation efforts.  Merl, Laire, and Myself will ride at the front of the Gilvaethyr to provide direction to the heart of the attack.  I have beckoned the aid of the Ents, as well as the Woodland elves.  Hopefully, they will arrive soon enough to help us in the confusion, as they should arrive on the opposite side of the city, and we will have a battle from three fronts.  If we hit them hard and fast enough, it will be a quick victory, though it will not be easy.  We will have our losses.  Keep your heads about you, remember your training, and hopefully you won't be among the casualties.  Wardens, take the Archers and head out over the mountains now.  Rangers and Gilvaethyr, rest up for a few hours.  The archers will launch their attack at dawn.  We need to be in position by noon.

With his orders given, Nay drew his sword and sharpened it against a stone that he found along the sand, keeping his thoughts to himself, and hoping that his plan wasn't a foolish one.

Firien Vorondil ( 1838 Points ) Friday, June 04, 2004 at 01:36
   Galadhrim Bowmaster       View Firien Vorondil's profileProfile Quote Firien Vorondil's postQuote

Firien~Gilvaethor

Firien thinks for a moment about Nen's question, with an iquisitive look on his face. He says," Now that you mention it Nen, Melanthir was right behind me when we were disembarking the ship." He turns around and looks back the way he had come in and looks for Melanthir, knowing that he must be anxious to know that his steed had made it safely from the city, but he cannot see him in the crowd of bodies. Turning back to Nen he says," I am not sure where he is now, but I'm sure he will be along shortly. I'm know he will want to thank you for looking after Mithrendess for him. It was very kind of you and Alatarwen to tend to our horses in our absence. I hope they were no trouble." He moves aside a little to let a Dorwinion man pass through and Fir nods to him as he does so. As Fir's eyes scan the crowd  and just then Naur rides up and greets them. Fir smiles and says," Suilaid mellon nin! It is good to see upon our return that you all made it from the city." He pauses for a moment, and then coninues," Nuar, I am not sure if you have met Nenedhel here, but if not; Nenedhel, this is Naurloth. Naurloth, Nenedhel." Firien smiles at the meeting of the two elf maidens.

At that moment, he hears Nay's voice call out over the crowd, and he turns to listen. With he listens to the Arachir's quick words and immediately begins making way for the tunnel exit. He makes it through the crowd and out into the sunlight, which makes his eyes squint a bit before they readjust from the darkness of the tunnels. As Nay addresses the Guard, Firien furrows his brow in concern as it is made clear that they will meet the Easterlings. He had not expected this, by any means, and he does not like what he is hearing. "We have a force of nine hundred at most." He thinks to himself," The Dorwinion force is by now almost completely devestated, if not totally vanquished. If the ents and woodland elves do come, their numbers will still number no more than fifteen hundred. And a quick victory?! Is a message sent to Easterlings who know no bounds in their evil worth the lives of so many. With this plan we may prevail if every single soldier fights with every ounce of strength and skill they contain, however after this possible but very costly victory, and the Easterlings get word of our departing, they will only send another force. We defeated ten thousand, and they sent twenty. Next time they may send thirty, and we won't be here to help them. The city will fall, and yet we fight so it can stand for another week, or another month? So many have died already, more will soon, and for what
?" Firien has always been to one to fight to the very last for a just cause, and the goal of this act is not yet clear in his mind, but if he is so commanded his sword will taste the blood of Easterlings once more. He knows it will be extremely dangerous, and he does not totally agree, but he will follow his leaders to the ends of the earth, as they beckon him to do so.

Knowing he must keep a clear mind, and a stong visage before his fellow Galadhrim he takes a deep breath, and slings his pack down from his shoulder and onto the ground, kneeling beside it. He wants to get as much rest as possible so his strength is at its fullest possible level, and he unstraps his bedroll. He stands with his pack in one hand and his blankets in the other he looks around for a flat place. There are few, and he is glad that he has moved as quickly as he has. Walking over to a slightly sandy area near the water he lays his pack down, followed by the blankets which he places right in front of it. He takes a seat and leans back against his pack and closes his eyes, trying to prepare himself both mentally and phisically for what is to come.

Aduchil ( 4843 Points ) Friday, June 04, 2004 at 01:41
   Marchwarden of Lothlorien       View Aduchil's profileProfile Visit Aduchil's homepageHomepage Quote Aduchil's postQuote

Commander of Gilvaethyr

Aduchil followed the rest of the Guard outside as the order was given, and when Nay told his plan he listened in silence. When he had heard it in its length, he pondered over it, trying to envision what it meant. Then at last he approached Nay and spoke quietly: "A simple plan. Good, they are usually also those without flaws," he added with a smile. "Take care of yourself when we ride into battle; you'll be an obvious target, no doubt, and the city may prove to be dangerous fighting grounds for those mounted, if the Easterlings have wits." With a nod to both him and Merl, Aduchil decided to take the advice given earlier and get some rest. After searching a bit he found a good spot and lay down. He had barely done that before he was joined by Lairë though, who sent him a smile before she placed herself next to him. As he lay his arm around her and holding her towards himself, she rested her head on his shoulder and they both closed their eyes, enjoying what they could of these last moments before the battle.

Nurbor Calad ( 2097 Points ) Friday, June 04, 2004 at 01:50
   Sentinel of Lothlorien       View Nurbor Calad's profileProfile Quote Nurbor Calad's postQuote

Nurbor, Gilvaethor/Master Etelethar

Nurbor nodded to the commands and came down off his horse.  His tall mount walked away to go seemingly rest as well.  He smiled, the horse was good.  As he walked to find an ample spot for rest, he found himself a tree, and removed his sword from it's sheath, and stuck it into the ground by the tree.  He smiled, first time in awhile beneath a tree worth sleeping under.

"This spot should do well." he said and sank to the ground, resting his back against the tree trunk, to sleep sitting up...

Sulrin ( 1466 Points ) Friday, June 04, 2004 at 01:55
   Galadhrim Bowmaster       View Sulrin's profileProfile Quote Sulrin's postQuote

Sulrin: Gilvaethor

Hearing Arachir Nay's orders for the Gilvaethyr to rest up for the next few hours, Sulrin foraged for food and water for Mallenaur. Once his mount was well taken care of, he checked his supply of arrows, rubbed the wood oils into his bow, then waxed his bow string. Then he found a quite corner to compose himself and spend as much time left as he had in walking Elven dreams and getting some rest for his mind and body.

Nenedhel ( 317 Points ) Friday, June 04, 2004 at 03:12
   Galadhrim Weaver       View Nenedhel's profileProfile Quote Nenedhel's postQuote

Archer of the South

Nen sighed at Fir's answer. No one seemed to know where Melanthir was. Just then Naurloth came upto them and Fir began to introduce them to eachother. "Naur and I met fairly recently, Fir. It is nice to see you again, Naur."  She noted that the other elf seemed a little stiff. "Are you alright? You seem to be hurt, Naur," Nen asked in some concern. 

At that moment Nay's voice floated to her ears and she heard that they were to fight the easterlings. Nen smiled and turned to Alatarwen, "We are not going to leave Dorwinion to their fate after all, mellon." Then her smile faded a little as she realised that they would be separated again. Giving her  a big hug she whispered, "Take care of yourself, mellon. We shall meet soon after this battle is over."

Then she turned to Firien, "Fir, since there is no sign of Melanthir, and I have to make for Dorwinion over the mountains, I was just wondering if you could look after Mithrendess untill he comes to claim her? After all he will need her. And take care of yourself friend. It seems that on this journey we are destined to see eachother only for a few moments before the next mission starts."  She hugged him too and then made to leave.

But before she left to join the other archers she said to Alatarwen, Firien, Caliith and Naurloth," May the Valar watch over and protect you all. I will see you after this battle is won."  Then with a smile and a wave she dissappeared. 

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login

If you are not already registered you must first Register to use the forum