<< Promotion Center
<< Supporting Membership
<< Links Directory

<< Fanatics Site
<< Fanatics Shop
<< Fanatics Library Your Login Info

Not a Member Yet?

Lord of the Rings Gollum Statues
Lord of the Rings Swords & Weapons Support the Plaza by becoming a Supporting Member

Forum Overview | Last Forum Posts | Last House Posts | Forum Stats | People On | Plaza Kingdoms | FAQ  

All Forums
    Lothlorien

Printer Friendly Version Post reply    Post New Topic

SubjectForges of the Forest V - Of Finishing Projects
   Eragón Tūmarion ( 902 Points ) Monday, May 24, 2004 at 09:55
   Wainrider       View Eragón Tūmarion's profileProfile Quote Eragón Tūmarion's postQuote
A room shimmering with the reflections of gold, silver, and various other metals opens before you, dazzling your eyes. On the walls of this place are hung many fine weapons of great craft and design, decorated with runes and patterns. Surveying the area, you see, wandering about the floor, two important looking Elves, Celebglin, and Erįgön ä Fįlah. They greet you with a wave.
NOT ACCEPTING ORDERS AT THIS TIME

Welcome to the Lothlórien Armory!

(At this time, we only make weapons. Armor might be a future addition.)

The Heads of the Armory
The Big Cheese: Erįgön ä Fįlah

Secretary and Mr. Patience: Celebglin
The Armory is split into six groups of workers:
Designers
Blacksmiths
Scabbard-Makers
Polishers/Sharpeners
Bowyers
Fletchers

To join the Armory, simply post your wish to and add your Plaza name(with fancy accents) and your desired branch.

Employee Staff

Designers
(Concept of ’Designers’ is courtesy of the Lothlorien Jewelry Association)
Head Designer – Himlithion

Apprentices
Aduiadiel - Inactive
Mortathraion
Naurloth
Sermela Calalen

Melee Weapon Department
These are the workers for blades and other melee weapons

Blacksmiths
Head Smith - Nurbor Calad
Apprentices
Alatarwen
Sirithien
Aduchil
Tolannui

Scabbard-Makers:
and
Spear Shaft-Makers 
Head Scabbard and Shaft-Maker: Erįgön

Apprentices
Menthol
Nenedhel

Polishers/Sharpeners:
Head Polisher/Sharpener - Celebglīn

Apprentices
Haladin
A-R-A-G-O-N
Daelin

Ranged Weapon Department
These are the workers for ranged weapons of all shapes and sizes

Bowyers:
Head Bowyer - Ecaps

Apprentices
Firien Vorondil
Aerlinnel
Lithedhel
Linde Laure
Laitoste Nilde

To order a weapon, fill out the corresponding order form:

Sword or Dagger/Knife
Approx. Size of Blade:
Approx. Size of Hilt:
Preferred Materials for Blade/Hilt:
Preferred Material for Scabbard(optional):
Specific Details(optional):

Spear
Approx. Shaft Size:
Approx. Blade Size:
Preferred Materials for Shaft/Blade:
Bow
Approx. Bowstring Length:
Approx. Curve Circumference
***:
Type of Wood for Bow:
***To find this, take the length of the bowstring and multiply it by 3.14
I.E.
(X = Bowstring length) - (X)(3.14)

Arrows
Approx. Shaft Size:
Approx. Arrowhead Size:
Type of Wood for Shaft:

Rules
-Workers are now allowed to ’claim’ a project. If you wish to be an employee in a project that has been ordered, post a short statement in the OOC Thread saying this. If you are the first one to claim the project, you will be the designated employee for it.
-Workers are restricted to working on one project at a time, and they can only claim one project per day.
-This is for all races!
-All posts OVER 300 characters!
-Ask all OOC questions here: OOC Thread
-This is meant as a place to get new weapons, develop skills, and the like
-Do not spam
-Place all orders in black
Please note that this is intended to be an RPG of sorts, so stay In-Character, and
be detailed about designs, scabbards, blades, polishing, and sharpening.
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Monday, May 24, 2004 at 12:11
   Minstrel of Lothlorien       View Celebglīn's profileProfile Visit Celebglīn's homepageHomepage Quote Celebglīn's postQuote

Cele looked at the workers, and then he raised.

«For those who have to check out what have to be done, and what have been done, I suggest you check out my web site that I have created for this. It have not been updated yet, but I will do that tomorrow, and I will tell you when I have. Go HERE(<--link). Sorry that I have not yet updated it, but I have been very busy lately. Now before anything new is done, we have to finish the orders we have

Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Monday, May 24, 2004 at 12:43
   Guardian of the Golden Wood       View Himlithion's profileProfile Visit Himlithion's homepageHomepage Quote Himlithion's postQuote
Himli approached Erįgön with a happy look on his face. «Suilaid,» he said. «I am so happy that you are using the logo I made for the Forges of the Forest. I am a bit worried for it, though, because it is not signed, and could be abused by other members. I have made one that you can use next time. Look HERE,» Himli handed the logo to Erįgön and walked back to his desk.
   ecaps ( 2310 Points ) Monday, May 24, 2004 at 13:19
   Rśmil       View ecaps's profileProfile Quote ecaps's postQuote

Ecaps walks into the armoury on a brand new day and immediately goes to check on the progress of the bowyers work.  Noting that some more projects had been completed he updates his notes.

Bowyer           Current Job                   Status
Ecaps
              Avatar's order                Waiting for design
Firien               Eragon's order              Completed - waiting for next job.
Lithedhel        Sirithien's order            Design received - ready to commence
Aerlinnel         Guard order                   Completed - waiting for next job.

Having updated his lists, Ecaps posts one in the bowyers' work area and goes up to give a copy to Cele.  "Cele, I have updated the work rosters for the bowyers.  Apparently some designs were done that you may have missed.  Namely Eragon and Sirithien's orders."

Eragón Tūmarion ( 902 Points ) Monday, May 24, 2004 at 13:30
   Wainrider       View Eragón Tūmarion's profileProfile Quote Eragón Tūmarion's postQuote
     Erįgön smiled as Himli approached. Ae! Hennaid evyr, mellon nin. It shall be put up. The elf remembered something just then, and looked about for Mort. Finding him at his desk, Erįgön spoke. Mort, Naeth nin, but after reviewing the idea, I have not yet added the Battle-Axe to our list of weapons that we produce. There are calculations for it that have yet to be figured out. Perhaps in the near future, mellon nin. Erįgön looked to Ecaps. Be sure to give your wife a *poke* to start on her project, and hennaid for the update!
   Lithedhel ( 1083 Points ) Monday, May 24, 2004 at 15:13
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Lithedhel's profileProfile Quote Lithedhel's postQuote

Getting on Sirithien's Bow 

Lith accepted a design from Him. "Thank you mellon" she said smiling. "Of course I'll show it to you. I bet a lot of designers want to see their works in solid form". With that Lith got on with it.

Picking out finest wood from the stack Lith settled down and started her work. Smoothing and carving it into an almost perfect bowshape, just like on the paper that Him gave her. After about an hour of work Lith ran her hand to feel if it was smooth. Getting some sandpaper she sanded the wood and looked at it. Now it resembled the bow that Him drew and looked nice. Lith took a small knife and carved a fire and then water where they were on the design. After that she did the same for air and earth in the recurnve area and covered the whole bow with pitch to strengthen the wood and to avoid all the laminations. Now it needed to dry up before she could do anything else.

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 15:19
   Minstrel of Lothlorien       View Celebglīn's profileProfile Visit Celebglīn's homepageHomepage Quote Celebglīn's postQuote
Cele gave Ecaps a large smile where he came over to him. «Thank you for updating the work rosters. It's great that you do that you know. I will maybe try to make the other heads do that as well. It will get more tidy you know that wayCele bowed, and then he walked away to start his updating of the lists.
   Aranadhel ( 512 Points ) Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 23:22
   Archer of Lothlorien       View Aranadhel's profileProfile Quote Aranadhel's postQuote
 Aranadhel enters & greets Celebglin who passes him by. Greetings , warden. I understand that the forges would not be accepting any orders for the time being ; but that is not  my purpose of being here. I just want to know whether a sum would have to be paid if I were to order a weapon from here? He awaits Celebglins' answer,
   Eragón Tūmarion ( 902 Points ) Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 23:28
   Erįgön looked up as a familiar voice entered the talan, and a smiled formed as he recognized the bearer. Suilaid, muindor nin, Aranadhel! Nay, no sum would you have to pay to order a weapon, and I would gladly pay the costs, were they to exist, for a family member anyway. So, you have nothing to fear monetarily. Erįgön paused for a moment, then brought up something else to Aranadhel. We are a bit...short on work, as far as designers go. Would you be interested in joining the Armory?
   Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 01:25
   Archer of Lothlorien       View Nenedhel's profileProfile Quote Nenedhel's postQuote
Nen rummaged through her pack and found the extra arrow heads that were left over from the previous order. Putting them on her table Nen';s hand dived in again and brought out a few fletchings. Then she took out her tools and went to work on the blocks of ash wood as she began to make shafts out of them. She hummed softly to herself as she worked away at the wood, her blade moving skilfully and lightly at the slightest turn of her wrist.
   Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 06:22
   Guardian of the Golden Wood       View Himlithion's profileProfile Visit Himlithion's homepageHomepage Quote Himlithion's postQuote
Himli smiled at Erįgön when he put up the logo Himli had given him. «Thank you very much, mellon. I feel a bit safer now,» he laughed. Feeling "safe" was of course way exaggerated... But he didn't want his work to be abused. «Are there any orders to be done?» he asked to Erįgön and Celebglīn. «If the fletchers don't have much to do, I would like to design arrows for them! If there are any arrows to design, though,»
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 06:43
Cele smiled to Him when he came over to him. After Eragon had already answered Aranadhel's question, he decided to talk to Him instead, and answer him. «I think there will open a order thread, where you can see what have to be done. But we shall see what happens. At this very moment I have not time to update the web page
   Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 09:52
Himli smiled back at Cele when he answered, and said: «I will be patient. I don't expect of you, as a co-head, to dedicate all of your time to updating a list,» He understood Celebglīn perfectly. «I guess I can just sit back and draw a design just for fun, then. Maybe, one day, I could give it to the blacksmiths and have a new weapon,» He sat down at his desk, and started drawing the first lines of a sword he hoped would become special to him one day. But for now, it would be just a drawing.
   Firien Vorondil ( 2189 Points ) Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 10:27
   Haldir       View Firien Vorondil's profileProfile Quote Firien Vorondil's postQuote
As Firien sits, reading a book he must have read a thousand times, he has a stroke of creative urge run through him. Thinking for a few moments he realizes that one thing he has not yet done in the Armory is make a bow for himself to use. He sits the book down on a table nearby and and walks over to where the wood is stored. Remembering that there was one piece of yew left, he anxiously looks through the stock. As he spots it, he looks over his shoulder to see if anyone is looking, silently swearing to himself that he will bring a new supply of yew when he finishes. He takes it over to his workspace and lays it down. Looking up and down it's length he can see it is not enough for a longbow, but quite suitable for his need for a shortbow to use from horseback. firstly he cuts the extra length of both ends, as he likes to keep things symmetrical when making a bow. He reaches over and picks up a plane, and begins to shave and carve it down to a good form to start out with. This will be his first shortbow, so he takes extra care with his tools, knowing that it will give him a greater measure of experience in the future.
   ecaps ( 2310 Points ) Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 10:59
Ecaps was wandering around the bowyers' department as he was waiting for a design to be completed.  Seeing Lithedhel hard at work, Ecaps smiles in  her direction and leaves her to the task at hand.  Continuing on he sees that Firien has commenced work on another bow even though he was unaware of any to be made.  Walking over to him, Ecaps watches what he is doing.  Noticing the size of the bow Fir is constructing, Ecaps surmises that it must be for himself to use from horseback and smiles.  Walking over to his own desk, Ecaps smiles to himself and rests his arms on it.  Soon enough his head is on his arms and he is lightly sleeping.
   Aduchil ( 5008 Points ) Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 13:42
   Minstrel of Lothlorien       View Aduchil's profileProfile Visit Aduchil's homepageHomepage Quote Aduchil's postQuote
Aduchil made his way into the Forges, nodding in greeting to those who caught his gaze. He wore no cloak, for he was confident that the work he was to do would keep him warm. His clothing was a simple tunic, one that he did not mind to soil through his labour. He nodded to Eragon, Celebglīn and Himlithion as he approached the small group of Elves. "I have come to begin my work as a smith of the Armoury. I am ready for what need you may have of the crafts I possess," he said and smiled slightly, knowing that it had been a long while since he had forged anything, and he would no doubt need to be reminded of many things.
   Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 18:49
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Mortathraion's profileProfile Quote Mortathraion's postQuote
        Mort sat at his desk, studying his books on designing and forging weapons. He had heard Celebglin say to Himlithion that he had not the time to update the order lists yet. So, since he was not sure what needed designing, he decided to brush up on his design skills. No doubt that once the Forge reopened to orders, he would have plenty to do. In the meantime, no harm in studying....
   Alatarwen ( 991 Points ) Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 19:07
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Alatarwen's profileProfile Visit Alatarwen's homepageHomepage Quote Alatarwen's postQuote
Alatarwen sat in the smithy corner of the room…idle of work. Neither of the orders she had claimed had designers. She glanced about the room, looking to see what designers did not have work to do. To her delight she spotted Mortathraion. Swiftly she got up and strode over to him. In her politest voice, she said softly, “Excuse me. I mean not to disturb you, but I could not help but notice that you are idle of work. Perhaps I can help you with that. Some time ago, a maiden named Nimaroel left an order for a knife, and I claimed the smithy work for it. Could you do me a favor and design it for me? Of course, if you have not the time, I shall not bother you with it again.”
   Lithedhel ( 1083 Points ) Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 21:25
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Lithedhel's profileProfile Quote Lithedhel's postQuote

Continuing Sirithien's Bow 

After the pitch dried up, Lith picked the bow up next day and tested its surface. All seemed smooth and correctly done. The carvings that she did on the bow seemed sharp and well done as well. Now in the nock areas Lith carved who deepenings that were ideantical. That's where the bowstring will go next. Picking up the right length Lith spent another half an hour putting the bowstring tightly on, securing the loops and checking the bridge. After that was done she wrapped a nice soft piece of leather as was instructed on a hande and glued it. Covering the bow with varnish Lith put it down to dry up. It was almost ready. In the main time she prepared the other extra bowstring.

The bow is almost ready.

Aranadhel ( 512 Points ) Friday, May 28, 2004 at 00:19
   Archer of Lothlorien       View Aranadhel's profileProfile Quote Aranadhel's postQuote
 Aranadhel jostled in surprise seeing Eragon greeting him. He then clasped Eragon's shoulder. Suilaid , Eragon... long have I not seen you.. so it is here where you have kept yourself busy all this while.... He then listens to Eragon's proposal... So , you need my help in the armoury , eh? He then laughs heartily.. Gladly would I join if indeed you ever needed my help , Eragon~!.. As a Noldo myself , forgering armory & smithcrafts have always been in our blood since the days Aule first taught my elders in Aman... Now , tell me of my task , for you should never keep a Noldo waiting in the armoury & expect him to do nothing.. He smiles with a glint in his eyes.
   Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 09:25
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Mortathraion's profileProfile Quote Mortathraion's postQuote
        Mort looked up as Alatarwen spoke to him." Indeed mellon, I shall be happy to design it. I will get to work on it right now." With that, he went to the order board to get the specifications for the knife. He took the order form back to his desk and spoke to Alatarwen." I shall bring it to you personally as soon as I am finished." He then sat down to work.
   Aduchil ( 5008 Points ) Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 12:06
   Minstrel of Lothlorien       View Aduchil's profileProfile Visit Aduchil's homepageHomepage Quote Aduchil's postQuote
Aduchil cast a glance around and then at the leaders of these Forges. "If you can forgive me my curiousity. I am just wondering what the Forges are currently doing, since we are not taking any orders. Is it the reorganisation taking place that has caused us to shut down temporarily? Because the current inactivity is rather bad for us, and I was wondering if we could perhaps slowly open to orders again?"
   Fadūmir ( 383 Points ) Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 19:49
   Craftsman       View Fadūmir's profileProfile Quote Fadūmir's postQuote
...At this Fadūmir stands up and i at yay to his waist... Celebglīn!!!  I do not want your sword i want the design....And why is this rule???  Isnt this a classic case of De Ja Vu!!??  Do u want to know why many dwarves do not like elves???  Tis because they cannot see past their own pride enough to do something for another race...especially a dwarf!!!  You should all be seeking friendships with the Dwarfs!!  Not rejecting them.
   Eragón Tūmarion ( 902 Points ) Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 21:12
     Erįgön smiled to himself as the dwarf spoke out. Such rash determination from a spirit untouched by the count of years. Sadly, Fadumir, such things are not for us to decide. It is the will of the General of Lorien's Army that the ordering of weapons be confined to Elves and Hobbits. I apologize for the inconvenience. Erįgön looked to Aduchil, who had spoken very true words. Yes, I realize that it is a bit inactive, but I believe it is the best course of action. There are still a few projects that have not been completed. What will the elves who ordered the weapons think of our Armory if we cannot complete their projects? It would not give us a good credibility, I assure you that. I will tell you that once these orders are complete, an armory-wide project will begin, and we shall all have plenty of work then. Once Cele updates the Order List the projects needing your work should be more clear. I hope that has explained something at the least.
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 04:05

Cele listened carefully to what both Fadūmir and Eragon said. «I want to add something to what Eragon said there, Fadūmir. If you want dwarves to maybe one time in the future can come here and order weapons, you should not take that tone. I want friendship with dwarves, but rules are rules. They are not made to be broken

Aduchil ( 5008 Points ) Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 07:12
Aduchil nodded to Eragon. "Very well, I trust your wisdom in this matter. Since I am idle, I am ready to do my share of the work for the unfinished orders if there be need for another smith. If not, then I will have to be content with standing ready for this new project you speak of." Aduchil thought of a discussion that had taken place in the throne room of Caras Galadhon and said quietly: "I believe I can guess what you are speaking of. It shall be most interesting," he added.
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Monday, May 31, 2004 at 09:16

Again Cele had to make another announcement, he had started to get used to it now though, because a little while ago he didn't like the thing of speaking loud to larger groups.

«Everyone, there have been opened a new orders thread, please everyone go and check what have to be done, because we now have to continue. HERE(<--link) you can find it.»

Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Monday, May 31, 2004 at 10:06
 Nimaroel's Knife

Seated at his desk, Mort took out a sheet of parchment approximately 2 feet long and began his design. He first sketched out a 5 inch hilt with a diamond shaped pommel. The top of the pommel came to a sharp point perfect for thrusting if need be. Next to the hilt, he made a note that it should be hand carved from mahogony and engraved with the name of the intended user: Nimaroel. Around the name, there should be mallorn leaves etched into the wood.
     Next, he drew the actual blade which would be 12 inches long. He included a fuller along the length of the blade. Just above the fuller towards the hilt, he drew elvish runes which spelled out 'Bane of Evil'. He noted next to the drawing that the blade should be steel. He also included that the customer wanted a sturdy wooden scabbard wrapped in leather.

Nimaroel's Knife Design Finished: Off to the Smith!
   Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 14:30
Himli smiled at Aduchil, and said: «Welcome to the Armoury, gwador. I must ask you to start writing in red, as that is the colour for the blacksmiths,» He smiled and then turned to Erįgön and Celebglīn. «I shall now start as head of the Designers, but we don't have many designers. I think that we should advertise for designer positions, because we absolutely need more. With Aduiadiel temporarily gone there are only me and Mort left. We are too few. Maybe I should design some advertisements. What do you think about that?» He awaited Celebglīn's and Erįgön's opinions on that matter.
   Lithedhel ( 1083 Points ) Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 16:59

Finishing Sirithien's Bow 

Lith picked up the bow and walked over to the window. She looked at it with great care: just like Him desribed there was a fire and water, a cloud and a rock as well as soft leather handle. The surface was smooth and shony. The wood was cut well and the bowstring along with blidge seemed fir well and secured. Lith smiled to herself. From beautiful designs come beautiful weapons she thought to herself and she went back over to her desk and picked at arrow up. Goind to a small area where they tested bows, Lith nocked at arrow in and fired, hitting the center. "Perfect" she exclaimed as she retrieved an arrow and went back to her table, putting it down. Getting an extra bowstring, Lith gathered the bow and went over to put it on a shelf of done projects. On the way there she remembered that Him wanted to see his creation in solid form, so she almost skipped over to where he was, seeing him talking to Cele and Eragon. Coming up behind she tapped him lightly on a shoulder not to disterb and let him know that she was there with a bow.

The Bow is DONE.

Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 17:34
   Mort walked over to Himlithion, Eragon, and Cele." I couldn't help but overhear you, mellon. Just so you know, I'm still going to be active; I just had a temporary lapse in working you could say. As a matter of fact, I'm on my way to claim another order right now. But first, you said we should advertise for designers? How about advertising in each division thread of the Guard Talan? Since the Guard runs the Armoury, this would seem to make sense. If you would like, I am sure that I could devise some advertisements and post them where ever you like. Would this be acceptable?"
   Eragón Tūmarion ( 902 Points ) Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 17:39
   Erįgön smiled at the enthusiasm of Himli and Mort. The issue has already been resolved, for the most part. Advertisements have already been placed in mail threads in the Shire, Rivendell, and our own Lorien. You have no need to worry. Oh, and Mort, in Himli's abscense during the summer months, for he shall be gone for some days, you shall be his substitue as head of the Designers. Thank you for your concern.
   Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 17:46
   Mort listened as Eragon spoke."Oh, great! So, we will be hiring designers from the Shire and Imladris as well? That should be interesting. And I'll be sure to make note of the days Himli will be gone. Is there anything special I shall need to do as his sub?"
   Mordae Linia ( 472 Points ) Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 18:35
   Archer of Lothlorien       View Mordae Linia's profileProfile Visit Mordae Linia's homepageHomepage Quote Mordae Linia's postQuote
Daelin enters slowly, lest she disturb anyone working with hot metal. Letting out a sigh of relief that she didn't cause anyone to injure themselves, she walks over to Eragon and bows slightly at the waist, a sign of polite respect, and then straightens to her full but not intimidating height of 5'3".  "Eragon, I overheard in Caras Galadhon that designers were needed. Pray tell, what is a designer's job; mainly to sketch designs for weapons and armor?" She looks around. "I come to inquire because I would like to help if I may be able. Let me properly introduce myself- Daelin, Ranger of the Southern Guard."
   Naurloth ( 1969 Points ) Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 18:37
   Orophin       View Naurloth's profileProfile Visit Naurloth's homepageHomepage Quote Naurloth's postQuote
Naurloth enters the Forge, looking around at the many changes. Seeing her old department gone, she promptly looked for a new one. Walking without hesitation, she approaches Himlithion, asking politally, "Are you the head designer? If so, may I join your department? I had been here as a fletcher, but alas I was caught up in other affairs. However, now I have the time and would love to join."
   ecaps ( 2310 Points ) Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 22:52

Ecaps looks up at Lith as she finishes the bow she was working on.  "That is great Lith.  You certainly do make a good bow."  Taking the work roster, Ecaps amends it:

Bowyer           Current Job                   Status
Ecaps
              Avatar's order                Waiting for design
Firien               Eragon's order              Completed - waiting for next job.
Lithedhel        Sirithien's order            Completed - waiting for next job.
Aerlinnel         Guard order                   Completed - waiting for next job.

Realizing that he still hasn't received the design for Avatar's bow, Ecaps looks around for a designer to see who was working on it.

Firien Vorondil ( 2189 Points ) Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at 00:30
   Haldir       View Firien Vorondil's profileProfile Quote Firien Vorondil's postQuote
Firien had left the entire length of the wood thick and wide as he carved it down, as some design elements had crossed his mind while he was doing so. He has decided to make it more square than he usually would, with more rigid lines. As he gets it down to shape, he carefully removes all the gathered wood chips and dust, and sets the bow down on the table in front of him. He stares down at it, his eyes scanning up and down from tip to tip. He picks it up and puts it back in the rack, approving of it's shape thus far. He picks up the smallest plane he can find and begins to square off each edge of the wood so they are perfectly straight.

Finishing this his next task is working on the grip. Simple is this, noting more than sawing rectangular cuts on the front and back, then smoothing it out. He then takes special care to slightly round the sides of the grip, to make it fit more comfortably in his hand. Placing his left hand on the grip, it fits snugly but not too tight, for ease of access. Next he looks around through the strips of leather he has, searching for one he had dyed white a few days before. Sighing in despair he realizes that he has left it at his talan. It will have to wait until later. He carves simple nocks for the string to rest in, making sure that they are perfectly centered and aligned. He takes a deep breath and says aloud for no apparent reason," I will do the detailing back at the talan, when I apply the grip leather."  Sitting his tools down he picks up the bow and gives a nod to Ecaps on the way out the door.   

Aranadhel ( 512 Points ) Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at 03:18
 Aranadhel stands alone patiently at the forge hoping to hear an answer soon from Eragon since he said he needed Aranadhel's help at the forge. While waiting , he took in the surroundings & was impressed with what the smiths have to offer here in Lorien.
   Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at 07:23
Himli nodded at Mort. «I know that you're active here, Mort, don't worry,» he said with a smile and turned back. He corrected Erįgön. «I won't be away for just a few days, Erįgön,» he said. «But a whole month. So Hopefully Mort will have time to substitute me,» Then suddenly Naurloth approached him, and he turned to her. He had met the elf a couple of times before, and seen her at the Hollow. «Naurloth, welcome! Sure you may join the designers. Actually, we need you a lot!» He shook Naurloth's hand and smiled at the elf.
   Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at 17:30

Legawien's Spear

Seated at his desk once more, Mort began the design for a fairly simple spear ordered by Legawien. This design was to be very simple, with few extra details. First, Mort drew the shaft of the spear, which was to be seven feet long and made of steel. On the shaft he placed to ebony hand grips, spaced slightly apart from each other. In between the grips, he place Legawien's name in elvish runes. At the top of the shaft, Mort drew a mallorn leaf and vine design to be engraved into the steel and filled with gold.
     Then he drew the blade itself. This he made slightly leaf shaped, in tribute to the elf who would wield it. He placed a small fuller along the length of the blade. This, too, would be made of steel.

Legawien's Spear: Design Finished........Off to the Smith!

Naurloth ( 1969 Points ) Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at 17:38
   Orophin       View Naurloth's profileProfile Visit Naurloth's homepageHomepage Quote Naurloth's postQuote

Naurloth seemed surprised by such an enthusastic Himlithion, but she shakes the elf's hand with just as much. "Do you have any projects I could do, or anything for that matter?"

Naur then turns to Mortathraion, the other designer. "Suilad! I have been looking at several of your designs, you are quite talented! My name is Naurloth of Gondolin, what is yours?"

Leo Camampenion ( 692 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 00:09
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Leo Camampenion's profileProfile Visit Leo Camampenion's homepageHomepage Quote Leo Camampenion's postQuote

An ethereal spirit enters the armoury. A silver chain that hangs from his neck holds aloft and iron hook for he has no left hand. upon his right hand he bears a long silver pole, and upon his back is a hangs a body lenght shield. " Greeting o' forgers of Lorien. I am Leo Camampenion, ghost, of Lorien. I wish to work with you towards forging spears. I can make both the shaft and the blade but to which section you decide." said the ghost in a hollow eerie voice.

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 04:12
   Archer of Lothlorien       View Nenedhel's profileProfile Quote Nenedhel's postQuote
Nen walked into the Armory talan and  read the orders that yet needed to be completed. She had shifted her profession from fletcher to smith. She noted that there were many orders for scabbards that needed doing. Nen was not really sure about smithing or scabbard making. Looking around the talan she spotted Eragon.

Walking upto Eragon Nen said, Eragon it seems to me that there are many orders for scabbards that need someone to make them. If you are short of scabbard makers I would like to help. I put my name down for smithying but I hardly know anything about being a smith. Neither do I know anything about making scabbards. So whichever one it is I';m going to have to learn the job. So I don';t mind making scabbards if you need help.” 

Eragón Tūmarion ( 902 Points ) Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 22:37
     Erįgön smiled at Nen. Hennaid for the request. It would be very well if you helped with the scabbards. Menthol and Lanthiriel have not shown themselves for many days. I shall make sure that you are added to the list as a part of that department. Erįgön turned to his muindor Aranadhel, whom he had forgotten to speak to. I would be pleased if you joined the department of blacksmiths, muindor nin. Finally came Leo Camampenion. Suilaid, Leo! You are most welcome here. I will have to get back to you about the spear-making, as you have reminded me of something...
   Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Friday, June 04, 2004 at 03:18
Nen bowed her head slightly as Eragon agreed to take her on as a scabbard maker, “Hennaid, Eragon. I will try to get started as soon as possible. But first I need to brush up on scabbard making. I would like to claim Gerin';s project, if it is alright with you.”     

Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Friday, June 04, 2004 at 11:31
Himli looked at Naurloth and smiled. «Yes, actually there is an order you could finish. If you would like to do Gerin's order, it would be good,» he said to the elf. He wanted to get her to work as soon as possible, as he knew that waiting was something most people weren't good at. He wasn't himself. «I see that Nenedhel would like to make it, so if you could do the design, you could give her a job to do,»
   Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Friday, June 04, 2004 at 11:53
 "I couldn't help but overhear you Himli. I designed Gerin's order quite some time ago in a previous thread. I you wish I shall resubmit the design, but there is no need for someone else to do it."
   Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Friday, June 04, 2004 at 11:59

Returning from his desk, Mort hands Himli a copy of the designs for Gerin's order." Here you are Himli. I knew I had already done this design. It's ready to be forged."

Gerin's Order
     Sword:

Taking a seat at his desk, Mort first drew the hilt of the sword. He made the pommel slightly oval-shaped with a small mallorn leaf etched into it. Next, the grip, which would be molded to fit the grasp of the user's hand.. Finally, the guard: this would be curved slightly with a vine pattern spiralling around the entire structure.
   The blade would be straight, tapering to a fine point at the end. It would be slightly leaf-shaped, like so many other elvish blades. Mort also added a fuller along the entire length of the blade. He also drew a scabbard to fit the sword. To the scabbard he added a vine and leaf pattern carved into the leather. These grooves would later be filled with mithril.
   In his notes to the smith, Mort included the desired specifications for the weapon. The hilt should be nine inches long and one and one half inches wide. It should be a compound of gold, silver, and mithril. The blade should be solid mithril.

Spear:

Mort drew the spear's blade first. He drew it like the blade of the sword: leaf shaped, tapering to a sharp point. Next to it he noted that it should be one and a half inches wide where the blade meets the shaft. Then, he drew the shaft. He added a leather handgrip about four feet up the shaft. On the wood itself he drew a pattern, like that on the scabbard, that would be filled in with iron.
   Finally he noted that the shaft should be six feet long and made of yew. The blade should be one foot long and made of tempered steel.

Gerin's Order, Sword and Spear: Off to the Smith!!!!!

Aduchil ( 5008 Points ) Friday, June 04, 2004 at 14:29

Aduchil made his way down into the forge that was his. He spent a while examining the tools that was at his disposal, feeling the weight of the hammer as it struck down upon the anvil. Then he received a note from Mort about a sword to be forged. He quickly read what the parchment said, his eyes stopping at the notion of the metals. So much mithril was quite an expensive affair. Aduchil checked through the bars and plates of metal available to him, and realised this would drain him quite extensively. But well, it was not him who was in charge here, so he would do what the order demanded.

He began with the blade. It was most important to get this one finished first, and then later adapt the pommel and the hilt to it, not the reverse way. For a blade could not be altered once done, like the other parts of a sword could. He took a sheet of mithril and made a few testing blows upon it with his hammer. Then he began heating up the forge

Meanwhile doing that, he pushed the barrel of water closer to the anvil. Apparently the former smith had not been using water forging, Aduchil reasoned. But he did. And so when the forge had the temperature desired, he put the mithril into it until it had been sufficiently heated. Then he poured water upon the sheet as he placed it on the anvil, and was rewarded with a hissing sound as the drops struck down upon the heated metal. He dipped the hammer in barrel as well and began striking. It was a long and tedious labour, but Aduchil was rewarded by seeing the metal fold and bend beneath his strokes, the steel eventually becoming strong enough for a blade, yet thin enough to be wielded with elegance.

At last he was satisfied with the blade's length and began hammering on the same spot on the anvil, moving the blade back and forth to beat all away that should not be in the mithril. Finally it was complete, and Aduchil pushed the hot blade into the water, using shock-cooling to further strengthen the metal. Then he placed it on a table for itself, taking up some bars of steel. He tested its mixture by striking it with his hammer, hoping that whoever mixed the iron and carbon had done well. When he heard the resonance he wanted for, he placed the bars in the forge and waited until it was heated. He took the first one and placed it on the anvil, while reducing the temperature in the forge so that the second melted bar did not get further heated up.

And then once more, he struck down with his hammer. At first it was the rough shaping of hilt and pommel, seeing them slowly enter the shape he wished. And then it was correcting tiny mistakes here and there, perfecting his creations. When at last he was satisfied, he picked up the blade and heated it up once more, until it was ready to be joined with the other parts. And again, striking with the hammer until the hilt sat in the pommel, the hand-guards stretching out. And then the blade itself almost etched into it, as the sword was completed.

Aduchil wiped away the sweat from his brow and closed the air flow to the forge, having no further need for heat. He took some cloth and used it to clean the sword with, removing the dust and drops of water. When it was cleansed, he threw the rag upon the table and sent the sword off to be polished and sharpened.

Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 04:35
Himli smiled at Mortathraion. «Thank you a lot, Mort! I looked at the orders list, and it is clearly not updated. But it is good that you have done it, now we can finally get blacksmiths back to work!» he said. He turned to Naurloth, and shook his head. «Alas, Naurloth, the design had alredy been done. But can you not choose your own from the list of orders?» he said, and showed her the list hoping that she would choose something to do. She had, after all, come to work, and it was a pity if she didn't have any projects to work on.
   Naurloth ( 1969 Points ) Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 07:26

Naur smiled at Himlithion. "Aye, well, I can chose now!" She says with a laugh as she looks down the list. She notices her name still on there for fletchers, and quickly thinks to emntion it to someone. After still looking for a bit, she finds one. "Ah, I think I shall do Tranidil/Isithrandil's order if you don't mind!"

Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 11:04
 Mort smiled at Himli." No problem." He turned to leave but stopped as the heard Naurloth speak." Ah Naur, I'm sorry but I have already begun the design for that order. Before you start a project you may want to check our OOC thread to see if it has been claimed yet."
   Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 11:27
Himli nodded at Mort and Naur. «Well, I believe that the order list must be updated as soon as possible. It seems as though there are many "free" orders that are actually taken already,» Himli turned to all of the designers and said: «I would like a list of all the orders you have completed a design to! This is to help Erįgön and Celebglīn with updating the list of orders!» He turned back to Naurloth. «Well, maybe you could do Nayeldraccon's daggers... If no one has already done them...» he said, hoping that that order was free.
   Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 11:46
 Mort nodded as Himli suggested Nay's daggers." Indeed, that design is free. Sorry about the mix up Naurloth. We're in the process of finishing alot of backorders. We should have everything updated soon though. Himli is right though, you could do Nay's daggers. The order is very important...straight from the Arachir, you know."
   Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 11:55
Nen had listened quietly as the orders for the design making for Gerin';s order was given to Naurloth by Him. When Mort came up and said he had submitted the design a long while back the raven haired elf went upto him and said, Mort, if you don';t mind could you give me the design again? I don';t see how I can make the scabbard without the design.”
   Aduchil ( 5008 Points ) Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 14:31

Gerin's spearhead:

Aduchil had rested for a while, clearing up in the forge when he received the design of his next item. A spearhead. A bit different than making a sword, yet much easier and faster, and the basic forging would be the same. So Aduchil took a sheet of metal once more, and began heating up the forge. For a while nothing could be heard but the roaring of the flames as Aduchil heated up the steel.

When it was ready to be folded, Aduchil cast water over it and then dipped his hammer into the water barrel as well. And then he began striking upon the same place on the anvil, slowly moving the metal so that it was shaped as he wished. He saw it gain form, his mental image slowly fitting to the physical image of the actual spearhead. With one last stroke, he was satisfied. He checked it over, but found no flaws. So he dipped it into the water barrel one last time before cleaning up his creation.

And then he sent Gerin's order for a spearhead to polisher and sharpener.

Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 15:56
  Mort smiled as Nenedhel asked him again for the design." Of course mellon, let me go get it. ( see my post in this thread from Friday June 4, 2004 at 11:59 )." He returned moments later with it." Here you are."
   Naurloth ( 1969 Points ) Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 19:12
Naur smiled understandingly. "It is understandable, and I would be delighted to work on Nay's daggers..." she grins witha twinkle of mischif at Himlithion. "Perhaps they could be pink!" Turning to Mort, she says, "Mort, it seems that you do a ton in here! And talented too! But perhaps now I can make the load a bit lighter, yes?"
   Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 22:20
Nen looked eagerly at the designs that Mort handed over to her. Her face fell in some disappointment as she told him a little hesitantly, " Uh...Mort? These are designs for a sword and spear. I need a design for the scabbard Gerin ordered."
   Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Monday, June 07, 2004 at 07:39
 "Nen, the design for the scabbard is included in the sword design. Please read the entire design."
   Aranadhel ( 512 Points ) Monday, June 07, 2004 at 18:17
 Whom do I report to , Eragon if I  were to be assigned to the blacksmiths' department ?Aranadhel asked. With so many elves around talking to Eragon makes it a bit hard for Aranadhel to be heard but he hopes he will be on duty soon.
   Eragón Tūmarion ( 902 Points ) Monday, June 07, 2004 at 18:28
     Erįgön looked happily at his brother. He was very glad that Aranadhel was joining the Armory. Reporting? Well, you don't have to do much of that at all. However, if you joined the Blacksmiths Nurbor Calad would be your immediate superior, so if you have any questions related to smithy work he's the elf to ask. You may claim a project right away if you wish...the list is here. Work well, muindor nin.
   Aranadhel ( 512 Points ) Monday, June 07, 2004 at 19:03
OOC Eragon. Can you teach me what do I have to do when I see the list of orders.. I mean am I suppose to design something & post it for approval or something? thanks.
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 08:13
Cele smiled to Aranadhel. «There is a reason why we have a OOC thread, so please use it. You can find it on the top post. Post that you claim an order, then after that, you post that you design the order. The order list helps you to know what have to be done and what is done
   Haladin ( 672 Points ) Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 08:54
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Haladin's profileProfile Visit Haladin's homepageHomepage Quote Haladin's postQuote
Eragon's Swords

With a nod Haladin began the work on Eragon's swords. the Swords had a different shape than most blades he was used to doing. But nontheless he would do this one. He looked at the blade and at the description. The Blacksmioth did p;retty well on the shape.  But it specified that it needed its tips to be very sharp. Something that it was not.

He picked up the sword and held it to his favorite wheel. Old Faithful he had decided to call it. Stepping down on a lever the wheel began to turn and sparks flew in everywhich way. The blade quickly gained shape. After that he did all the sides making the blade sharp and deadly. He then did the second blade with the same process except that this blade needed to be sharpened more.

He then Grabbed one sword and rubbed it down with sand and then a type of oil that mad the blade and hilt shine. He then gave it the final test. Water. He ran the whose weapon under water to make sure the shine stayed there. It did. The next blade passed through without any inciddent and he was done. Finally he was done. With a sigh he took a long work at his finished product and then walked over to Eragon.
 'Master Eragon your two swords have been finished today do you wish to see them. '
   Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 13:51
Nen flushed in some embarrassment as Mort pointed out to her the design he had made for the scabbard, “I';m sorry, Mort. Thankyou for being patient with me.” Saying that Nen took the design over to her work table and went through it again. Then she took out some parchments on scabbard making and read through the skill. Then she got her tools and settled herself to start her first scabbard making project ever.

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 14:05
Cele slowly walked over to Nen where she was talking to Mort. «Nen, Am I wrong if I say that you should post in red? After what I understand you are a blacksmith, and therfore red is the color you should be posting in. If I maybe not have missed anything then
   Firien Vorondil ( 2189 Points ) Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 14:10

Upon the completion of his own bow far away from the Forges in his own talan, Firien returns to the Forge to see if there is any new bowyer work for him to do. He checks carefully the list of orders and can see that no new bows have been ordered as of yet. This saddens him slightly, he does so love to make bows, but it is of no real concern. Soon enough he will have more to do here. He turns around and can see many diligently working on various projects and he takes a seat in a chair to watch them as they proceed, thinking that perhaps he may be able to learn some new skills while he waits for his next project.

Eragón Tūmarion ( 902 Points ) Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 16:03

Erįgön sat down to his desk for more work. This time it was to make the shaft for Legiawen's spear. The elf started by selecting a piece of fine oak wood from the Armory's stockpile, and laid it atop his workspace. He first cut it down to the shape of a square, slightly larger than the requested size of the shaft. This process took quite some time, and when it was through the square shaft still had many bumps and shavings about it. Erįgön brought out a piece of sandpaper and began to aggresively curve the sharp edges of the shaft, making sure also to smooth out the inconsistencies in it. Within an hour the 7 foot long shaft, quit some size, had been smoothed out. It was now circular and ready to be decorated. Thankfully there was only one decoration to be done. At the top Legiawen had requested a gold design of leaves. Erįgön inlaid the designers very carefully into the shaft, afterwards polishing them a bit. He knew it was the polish/sharpeners job...but it was a small thing.

Legiawen's Spear Shaft Complete

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 23:54
Nen turns to Cele as he walks upto her and questions her, "Eragon's agreed to let me make scabbards since their are very few for the job, Cele. I guess he's forgotten to delete my name from the smithy's list and edit it into the scabbard makers list."
   Eragón Tūmarion ( 902 Points ) Wednesday, June 09, 2004 at 01:09
     Erįgön nodded at Cele and Nen. Yes, Nen's right, except that I can't edit, of course. The Rulers take care of such things whenever they can spare a moment to do so. While I'm here, Nen, an elf name Gerin ordered a sword awhile back. The blade itself has gone to the polishers and sharpeners, but we still need a scabbard maker to, well, make the scabbard for it. If you're looking for some work that'd be a good start. You can find the details in the Order Thread.
   Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Wednesday, June 09, 2004 at 01:56
"Thank you, Eragon. I was looking to take Gerin's order anyway. Mort has already given me the design for the scabbard. Can you tell me who is polishing the sword, though? I need the sword in order to make the scabbard," Nen syas to Eragon who has joined her and Cele.
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Wednesday, June 09, 2004 at 09:33

Cele smiled to both Nen and Eragon. «Well, then everything is okay. I just wanted to clear this up you know. I just wanted to be sure if there was something that maybe was missing. I'm just doing my job as co-head here you know. And thanks both of you for clearing it up for me!»

ecaps ( 2310 Points ) Wednesday, June 09, 2004 at 14:33
Ecaps wandered back into the forgery to see if the design for the bow that Avatar had been done yet so that he could work on it.  Not seeing it anywhere, Ecaps sits down at his desk and does a couple of sketches of the elves at work in the armoury and the armoury itself.  Having completed three sketches, Ecaps once more looks around and sees Firien watching the work of some of the other departments.  Going up to his brother, Ecaps places a hand on his shoulder and says, "Learning some more tricks are you brother?  I would have thought that you knew how to do a lot of things already."
   Eragón Tūmarion ( 902 Points ) Wednesday, June 09, 2004 at 17:54

Erįgön stood at the front of the room before the workers of the Armory and spoke an announcement to them in a loud and joyous tone. At last, mellyn nin, our labors are nearly finished, for the moment at least. After reviewing the updated Order List I have found that the following things need to be done before we are finished with the impending orders. We need:

Menthol and Haladin to make scabbard and polish/sharpen Caliith’s knife
A scabbard-maker for Aragon’s sword
A Polisher/Sharpener for Legiawen’s spear
A designer for bloodgodavatar’s bow
A polisher/sharpener for Gerin’s sword
A Polisher/Sharpener for Gerin’s spear
Nenedhel to make the scabbard for Gerin’s sword
Eragon to make scabbard for Asteris' knives and shaft for Gerin's spear

Erįgön took a deep breath. I realize that some of you, if not many of you, have not had much at all to work on. This will change as soon as these orders are done. For that reason I urge those of you that are on the list or can volunteer for an empty project, please do so immediately.

Haladin ( 672 Points ) Wednesday, June 09, 2004 at 18:07
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Haladin's profileProfile Visit Haladin's homepageHomepage Quote Haladin's postQuote

Thank you Eragon it gives a good overview of this all we have to do I will begin too work on Gerin's sword right away.  With a glance he walks over and picks the saword form its resting plae and begins to work with the sword.

That sword was one of the blunest he had seen in a while. H e guessed the blacksmith had not looked to carefully but it was polished well which is a very good plus to his job. Taking the sord he ran it against his trusty wheel. Making sparks go everywhere but getting a great result for the sword. He know however had dirtied up the blade again so he would have a little polishing to get too.

Taking the handle he began rubbing the blade with three things, a special oil, A rag and running it under water the reesult was a shiny weapon he then laid the sword down and worked on the hilt. He achieved his end after much persevernce. He had finished Gerin's sword. Wrapping it in a cloth he brought it up to Eragon and said
: You ask and I will deliever. Here you go. And about Gerin's spear may I do that as well.  

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 04:04
Nen noticed Haladin hand over the polished sword of Gerin's to Eragon. She walked upto Eragon and said, "May I have the sword to make the scabbard? Once I have it to work with, the scabbard should be ready in a couple of days."
   Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 05:06
Himli talked to all designers. «If some of you look for something to do, we have, according to Erįgön's list, one project available! If somebody wants to design Bloodgodavatar's bow, please do so, we need to finish it!» he said and thought that if no one wanted to do it, he could do it himself. But that would be just in case no one wanted to work on it. After having said his words, he sat down at his desk.
   Aduchil ( 5008 Points ) Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 05:09
Aduchil exited his forge and walked up to the others, sighing slightly of relief that his workday was over. Not that he had done much, but it was nice with a break. He nodded in greeting to the other Elves as he arrived, before taking a seat and relaxing his weary bones. As he sat he noticed Haladin hand over the sword that Aduchil had forged only a few hours earlier. It glistened in the light and Aduchil smiled slightly, satisfied with his work.
   Leo Camampenion ( 692 Points ) Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 09:17
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Leo Camampenion's profileProfile Visit Leo Camampenion's homepageHomepage Quote Leo Camampenion's postQuote

Leo stood up holding his mint filled pipe in his lone hand. " May I ahve the honor of making the shaft for the one they call Gerin?" said the ghos tin his hollow voice

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 09:32

Cele smiled to Leo. With an odd look at the ghost Cele spoke to him. «You may make the shaft for Gerin's order. Anyway, before you do something like this, you will have to say that you want to join us here at the Forges. If you want to join then do that, just please tell us that you want to. And I hope you stay active!»

Leo Camampenion ( 692 Points ) Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 09:54

*ooc: i already did. Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 00:09 . please search before saying

Gerin's Spear Shaft
Leo smiled at Celebglin as he put out his pipe. " Thank you milord." With that the ghost set out to work upon the shaft. He took out a long bottle from his cloak pocket and put it near his work place. he then took the instructions that were given by Mort and he set out gathering the materials. Once he had gathered his material he took his silver pole and he took of  the cap of it which revealed a 4 foot long blade, and away he went carving the Yew......

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 10:29

Cele looked at Leo. «I usually check the first post for those who is a member here, since I did not see you on the list I thought you was not a member here. Hope you understand that. And please Leo, next time keep your OOC in the OOC thread. There is a reason why we have that thread.»

Mordae Linia ( 472 Points ) Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 11:02
   Archer of Lothlorien       View Mordae Linia's profileProfile Visit Mordae Linia's homepageHomepage Quote Mordae Linia's postQuote
Daelin walks up to Eragon after his announcement. "Excuse me, Eragon- I entered earlier and wished to speak to you about joining. I would like to help with Polishing and Sharpening, and if you need it, I could get to work on Legiawen's spear, if you show me where to begin working." She flushes and hopes she has not been too bold or assumptious. She wishes she could have just talked to her brothers Ecaps or Firien, as she is most comfortable around familiar faces...
   Naurloth ( 1969 Points ) Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 11:12

Naur sits down to begin her first order. She was glad she could do it for Nay, a dear friend.

Nay's Order

Daggers
Naur begins with a simple drawing of two rather slim daggers, slightly curved as to form an oval if combined. The actual dagger is rather big on whole. She noted that the preferred material was mithril, and on the blade, like the rest of the dagger, was to be sickled in order to fit each other. She drew on there a lovely swirl underneath a line that would read the names of Aduchil and Laire in Tengwar, where hopefully, a trace of ebony could be inlaid. On the handle, she drew swirling pin strips, with in lain silver, and on the very bottem of the hilt she drew two tiny sapphires inside an eight figure. Naur then noted the deminsions: size of blade was to be 11 inches and hilt was to be 7 inches.

Scabbard
She drew two scabbards, much in the same design of the figures engraved on the blade of the daggers, with the exception of tiny saphire studs leading up to the tip, where upon there lays another sapphire, the same size as those found on the hilt of the blade. The designs are inlaid with Ebony, and the metal is Mithril.

Nay's Dagger and Scabbard order is done! Off to the Smith's with ye!

Alatarwen ( 991 Points ) Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 17:51
   Forester of Lothlorien       View Alatarwen's profileProfile Visit Alatarwen's homepageHomepage Quote Alatarwen's postQuote

Nimaroel’s Knife

“Thank you so much for the favor, Mortathraion. I’m glad to see you were able to design them,” Alatarwen said gratefully to Mort as he handed her the two designs that she was to do smithy work. “I think I will do Nimaroel’s knife first, as she was the first to order.” With that she put Legawien’s design to the side of her table and closely examined the design for Nimaroel. Steel was to be used for the blade, and wood for the hilt. Fairly difficult, but much easier than the golden hilt she made last time.

Alatarwen went over to the stockpiles of metals, and got an approximately 12 inch long bit of steel and took it over to the forge. Then she took up some tongs and used them to hold the steel in place in the fire. After a several minutes, the metal glowed orange and red, and Alatarwen quickly removed it. Maneuvering the tongs, she placed the metal on her anvil, put the tongs aside, and took up her hammer. The hammer was raised and with a BANG! the hammer slammed down upon the glowing metal. She would heat it again every so often to keep in soft, and then with the bang and the clear ringing of clashing metals, the blade of the knife was being shaped. Then she began to taper it, creating the tang and the tip of the blade, until they were the right size. She then normalized the blade and left it to be annealed for a while. She took a break during this time, and when the blade had been annealed enough, she examined it. Annealing made the Polisher/Sharpener’s job a lot easier, plus it gave her some time for a breather after hammering at the heated blade.

Now that the blade was cooled and annealed, she began to engrave the fuller down the blade, and above the fuller, closer to the tang than to any other part, she engraved “fuin dagnir” in Elvish runes. After doing so, she carried on, preparing the blade for the next steps. The main part of this preparation was tempering, and after the completion of tempering she brought the blade back to her table.

Alatarwen took another look at the design set before her. She noted that the hilt was to be made of mahogany. Thus, she took a six inch long piece of the dark wood and began to carve. After a great deal of maneuvering her carving knife, the wood was 5 inches long, and just hollow enough to fit the tang inside. She slipped the wood over the tang and riveted it to the shoulder, but it still did not seem very tight on the blade. To solve this problem, she took a very small piece of steel, only about 3 inches long and 1 inch high, and carried out the forging and hammering process until the small piece was thin, but still sturdy. She then heated it once more so that it was soft, and then hammered it to fit around the shoulder and the hilt. She beated until she was satisfied with how tight it was on the area where the blade and the hilt met.

All this left was the designs on the hilt and the pommel. Since neither required her forging tools, she put her anvil and other utensils aside so that they would not be in the way of others. Then she sat on the chair in her little corner and sculpted the diamond shaped pommel, and shaped it so that it came to a fairly sharp point, for she did not want the owner to be cut in the palms every time she thrusted the knife. After completing the pommel, she went to work on etching “Nimaroel” into the hilt. After carefully doing this in a noble script, she set to work on putting mallorn leaves around the name, almost as if the leaves grew off of a vine, even though that mallorn leaves certainly did not grow off of vines.

When she was content with how the hilt and pommel were shaped, she tested the knife out to make sure no parts were loose. Wielding it as she would in battle, the knife had no malfunctions. Alatarwen looked it over one last time and decided her job was done. She walked over to Halrandķr and said, “I believe you volunteered for the sharpening of this blade. I have finished it and I hope that you enjoy working with it.”

Smithy Work for Nimaroel’s Knife Completed

Eragón Tūmarion ( 902 Points ) Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 18:38
   Erįgön looked up as Daelin spoke up again. Ah, yes, I forgot to answer you. Your aid in the polishing and sharpening department would be greatly appreciated, as we're short on workers there. Oh, you are a sister of Ecaps and Firien? Well then, you are also a sister of me. I guess I still haven't been acquianted with everyone in my family. You can begin work on Legiawen's spear immediately, just pick a workspace anywhere and get to it. Erįgön looked to other business quickly. Nen, of course you may have the sword. Try not to touch the edge too much, though. Leo, as Cele said, you can start immediately.
   Leo Camampenion ( 692 Points ) Friday, June 11, 2004 at 00:22

The ghost smiled. " Aye milord" said the ghost as he began carving the pattern like that on the instructions by Mort. After he had finished the design he went to the head smiths. " Milords do I fill in only the pattern or may I have permision to coat the hole yew except the end where the blade would connect in iron?" said the ghost

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Friday, June 11, 2004 at 07:03
 Gerin';s Scabbard

“Thank you, Eragon. I';ll be careful,” Nen said as she took Gerin';s sword from Eragon to make the scabbard.

Nen took the blade over to her desk and set it carefully down. Then she busied herself as she got out a sheet of plywood, some sand paper, and a saw. Placing the sheet of plywood flat on her desk Nen put the sword on top of it. Then she got some ink and a quill, and began to trace the outline of the sword, and then leave a quarter of a distance between the blade and the next outline. She repeated this procedure three times before she had three sets of outlines for the blade.

Putting aside the sword and the quill Nen picked up the saw and began to cut the plywood along the outer outlines she had made. Having cut out the three pieces Nen took one of them and cut the piece along the inner outline making that piece a hollow U shape. She placed the blade within that U to see if it fit while leaving just enough gap for it to slide in. Happy that it was as it should be she took one of the other pieces and placed it within the U piece. Then she rummaged in her bag till she got some glue and glued the two pieces together. She did the same with the third piece as she glued that as well and then left the whole thing to dry, placing some heavy weights on the glued plywood to hold the pieces firmly together till they dried.

Nen cleared the rest of her desk away and made to leave the talan for the day knowing that it would be atleast twenty four hours before the glue dried up completely.  

ecaps ( 2310 Points ) Friday, June 11, 2004 at 12:51
Ecaps had seen Daelin walk into the armoury and heard her inquire of Eragon about joining as a polisher and sharpener.  After Eragon agrees to her working and permits her to commence with Legawien's spear, Ecaps goes over to her.  "Daelin, sister dear.  Welcome to the armoury.  I see that you have joined the polishers.  You will enjoy it there.  Firien and myself, along with Lith are all bowyers."  Watching Daelin get to work on the spear, Ecaps wonders if the design for Avatar's bow has been completed yet so that he can commence working on it.
   Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Saturday, June 12, 2004 at 03:50
Himli approached Naurloth, who had finished the design for Nayeldraccon's daggers. He smiled happily and looked straight through Naurloth's eyes. «If I knew that you were this good at drawing, and this good at making beautiful things look even better, I would have come to you much sooner,» he said, and nodded softly. He looked for a moment at the design, and then turned to look at her eyes again and said: «You know that you can claim your orders yourself, don't you?» Then his voice turned into a whisper, and slowly, so that only Naurloth would hear his words. He laid a hand on her shoulder, and his lips were close to her ear when he whispered: «Remember that for whatever case in the future...»
   Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Saturday, June 12, 2004 at 17:12
     Mort spotted Himli nearby, and went to speak with him." Suilaid Himli. I just wanted to let you know that things have been slightly hectic for me lately, but I will resume my designs later today or tomorrow at the latest. I just didn't want you to think I went AWOL."
   Leo Camampenion ( 692 Points ) Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 06:12

"i guess it's up to me." thought the ghost. He took a piece of paper and calculated how much iron he would need and after some thinking he gathered the amount iron he needed and he began to melt it. After the iron had melted he filled the pattern on the yew half way through with the liquid with in the bottle he had. He waited for 10 seconds and he dipped the yew into the metal carefully as he did not want the end which would join the spear head to be covered in metal. After he had coated the parts of the yew with the metal he dipped it into the water basket. After the shaft had cooled he took it and admired the jet black shine which the patter showed. He then handed it to Eragon. " Milord the shaft is now ready" says the elven ghost

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 06:21

Cele smiled to Leo, and walked over to him slowly. «Leo, I see you are working, that is great. I just wondered if you good do something else a little different next time. Just add on the top of your post which order you are doing at the moment. And it would be nice if you posted at the bottom when the order is finished. Both in bold red. Thank you, and keep up your good work!»

Leo Camampenion ( 692 Points ) Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 06:25

"Ay milord and thank ye!" says the ghost as he retreats to a corner and smokes his mint filled pipe.

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 06:31

Cele smiled to the ghost in front of him. «Thank you Leo, and one more thing. Sorry to bother you so much but the colour of your post, could you make the text in green since you are a scabbard and shaft-maker. Thank you again. Now I will get back to work I think.»

Argonathion ( 432 Points ) Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 09:36
   Archer of Lothlorien       View Argonathion's profileProfile Quote Argonathion's postQuote

Argo entered the talan, looking a little surprised. Not strange, he had never seen this talan before, but he had heard what was going on in here and he wished to join."Mae govannen! My name is Argonathion! If I'm allowed to, I would like to join this project. I'm interested in weapons, so I would like to become a smithy. If I can not become a smithy, then I would like to become a designer." He waited for someone to reply..... 

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 09:54

Cele smiled to Argo when he walked into the Talan of the Forges. «I am happy to see that you have found your way to us, here in the Armoury. It seems that we have a little problem with something to do at the Polishers and Sharpeners, it seems that not much have been done there lately, and if you could, of course only if you want to, maybe you could take a job there?»

Argonathion ( 432 Points ) Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 10:01
   Archer of Lothlorien       View Argonathion's profileProfile Quote Argonathion's postQuote
Argo noticed Cele approaching him. He suggested that Argo could become a polisher, and Argo smiled replying:"Don't worry, I'm here to help out both you and Lorien. I' ll take the job as a polisher!" Argo smiled again, hoping that Cele would be satisfied with him.
   Firien Vorondil ( 2189 Points ) Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 10:08
Firien's head turns and he rises to his feet as his brother Eragon makes his announcement to the workers of the Forges. He is interested in geetting more work as soon as possible, and sees a chance, albeit a fleeting one, to have something to worl on right now. He approaches Eragon with a smile and says,"Suilaid muindor! A good day to you. I heard you say that you need a designer for bloodgodavatar's bow. I am not a designer per se but would be more than happy to take up the challenge if you will allow it. If you need me to do so I will help in any way I can to get the Forges back in good working order." He takes a step back and awaits his brother's opinion.
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 10:40

Cele smiled to Argo. «I am happy that you want to do that job! Well, I think you can start right away if you have time for it. Check THIS(<--link) thread for orders and what have to be done, it is the list at bottom which counts now, just so you know that. Thanks again for helping us out here.»

Argonathion ( 432 Points ) Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 10:53
"Sure, I'll try!" Argo received a list of weapons that were currently unfinished. Some of these weapons were marked with a yellow colour. These were the weapons he was to polish. The first one on his list was a spear ordered by Legawien.
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Tuesday, June 15, 2004 at 01:38

After a little while, Cele walked over to Eragon and smiled to him. «Maybe it is time for us, or you to open a new thread. I am not sure if you would be happy if I did it, so therefore I think maybe I should wait for you to do it. For the future, would it be okay if I opened a thread?»

Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Tuesday, June 15, 2004 at 03:49
Himli nodded at Mortathraion and said: «I respect that. Please, take your time, I will wait for you,» He smiled at his friend and turned to a personwho had a very familiar voice. «Argonathion, welcome to the Armory! I am glad to see you're here! May I look at you while you polish the spear? I would like to see your work, for I am glad that you have joined,» he said happily and shook his friend's hand.
   Argonathion ( 432 Points ) Tuesday, June 15, 2004 at 04:59

Argo was just about to begin polishing the spear, when he heard a voice he had heard many times before. He turned around and was welcomed by Himlithion. He shook Him's hand" Thank you Himlithion! I'm glad to be here and help you out! I would appreciate it if you left me alone!" He started to laugh sarcasticly and poked Him on the shoulder. "I'm just kidding, of course you can watch while I polish the spear! And I'm glad that you're glad that I've joined!"

As Argo received the spear sent to him, he began to prepare all his tools. This was quite new to him, but he was a quick learner. He took the spear, and checked it's size. It had the right size, but it was not sharp and not very smooth. Argo took the spear and layed it on the bench. Then he started to make the polishing stone spin. He first easily polished it with a dry piece of clothing to remove possible dirt of it. Then he carefully had some water on the polishing stone and on the spear. This was to prevent the spear from resisting damage or marks. Then he layed two of his fingers on the spear blade and layed the edge of the blade on the stone, while holding it a little back. The stone was spinning fast, and the blade was already improving a lot. He slowly lifted it a little up, then he layed it down again, to avoid the blade from being too thin on the edge. He did the same on the other side. He also sharpened the blade at the tip  of it, to make it more lethal.

He continued to do so for a while, until the blade had become perfectly sharp. He touched the tip carefully. It hurt, it really hurt. A good thing. He stopped the stone from spinning, found a chair and sat down. He took a piece of clothing and some water. He began to polish the spear's blade. The blade was very sharp now, so Argo had to be extra careful. Himlithion was still standing next to him. He smiled to him, and kept on polishing. He polished the upper parts of the blade, and now, he had to polish along the edges. He did it with great caution, but he also knew that he could have an accident. Luckily, he didn't. He began to polish the grip of the spear as well, it needed a final touch. After a little while, the spear was finished. It shined and sparkled, and Argo hoped that Legawien would be satisfied with it. He also hoped that the others would be satisfied with his work in the Forges. He turned to Himlithion."What do you think? Does it look good?"

Nurbor ( 2188 Points ) Tuesday, June 15, 2004 at 06:42
   Sentinel of Lothlorien       View Nurbor's profileProfile Quote Nurbor's postQuote
Nurbor looked around the forges, it seemed that the smiths were quite possibly the only group with nothing yet to do.  He wondered when they would start accepting orders once more.  And that thought spawned quite  few others along with it, until he realised that it was just about time to call it a day...
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Tuesday, June 15, 2004 at 07:42

From a distance Cele was watching what Argo was doing, if he did what he should in a good and right way. When he saw that Argo started to get finished, Cele slowly began to walk over to him, and when he was done, Cele opened his mouth. «Let me have a look here ArgoHe took the spear and looked at it closely. «This looks great Argo, good work, continue this! We have a lot of work to be done, and work like this is great.»

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Tuesday, June 15, 2004 at 12:47
 Nen returned to the armory talan to finish the scabbard she had begun to make for Gerin. Going to her desk she checked to see how well the glue had dried. Satisfied that the pieces were firmly fixed Nen took out a sheet of leather and began to cut a long narrow piece from it. Then she placed the plywood piece on the rest of the leather and cut the leather according to the amount that would be needed to cover the skeletal structure of the scabbard. Fixing this leather with glue she then glued the narrow piece along the inside of the mouth so that sliding the sword in will be an easy task, and any extra dirt or blood will wiped off before the blade fits in the sheath. In this way the inside of the scabbard would remain clean.

Next Nen took a sharp tool, and looking carefully at the design Mort had given her, she began to make deep grooves into the leather in a pattern of vine and leaf. Once that was done she left the entire scabbard to dry and then got some mithril from the armoury supply. Taking this to the forge Nen heated the valuable metal until it was like liquid. This took about an hour to complete.

Then taking the scabbard to the the forge Nen poured the hot metal into the grooves she had made into the leather and then immediately began to fan it till it cooled down. After this was done she set it aside to cool and harden. While she waited she cleared up her work area and put everything neatly back in its place. She went out and returned after three hours. The scabbard was dry and ready. Taking a piece of damp cloth Nen wiped it along the scabbard and then ran her had along it to check for any defects. Finding none she put the cloth aside.

Then she took the completed scabbard to Eragon, “Here is Gerin';s scabbard, Eragon. It is ready.”

Gerin';s Scabbard Completed

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 00:13

Cele looked around at everyone, and since it seemed for him that none did anything, or almost none, he decided to talk with them about getting finished soon.

«Everyone, we have not much yet to do, but please why don't you try to finish what is left, then we can maybe start to work as normal here again.»

Leo Camampenion ( 692 Points ) Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 01:08
"Ay twould be nice. I am willing to help if anyone needs it" said the ghost from his dark corner.
   Argonathion ( 432 Points ) Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 01:33

Argo checked his list again, and looked after a weapon that needed to be polished. The fact that Cele liked his work, made him more motivated to do his job as good as possible. He saw his next job, it was a sword ordered by Gerin. After he received the sword, he returned to his working bench. He put the list back in his pocket,  gathered all the tools he needed, and got ready to work again. This time, he would do an even better job.

He layed the weapon on the working bench, found a piece of dry clothing and started to polish it with it, just to remove possible dirt. He kept on polishing the sword, but then he moisturized the piece of clothing, and began to polish again. This would make the sword completely clean. After all, you couldn't get a smooth blade without a clean blade. After doing so for a while, he checked the size of the blade. The size was right, so he needed no extra touch on it. He made the polishing-stone spin, and got ready to sharpening it. Now, the stone was spinning fast enough. He carefully had some water on the stone and the sword, and carefully started to sharpen the edges of the sword. He sharpened along the bottom edges and slowly upwards to the tip. He sharpened the tip a little extra, to make it dangerous to enemies in battle. He continued to sharpen like this, and all the time he made sure that the sword kept its size.

After a while, the sharpening was finished. Now it was time to polish the sword again. He stopped the stone, sat down and found a wet piece of clothing. He began to polish the sword. This blade was a lot bigger than the blade of a spear, so it took longer to polish. Argo polished all of the blade, over and under. He managed to avoid cutting himself on the sharp edges, they were the scariest thing about this job. He polished the sword a third time, just to make sure that it would be smooth enough. After a while of polishing, the sword was finished. He carefully layed it down on a part of the bench that was dry. He told Cele that he had finished it, and stroke Gerin off his list.

Gerin's sword is finished

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 02:27
Nen checked the list that had the orders that were completed and yet to be completed. Noting that  A-R-A-G-O-R-N's order for a scabbard had not been completed she decided to take up the project.  Seeing that Cele was there Nen went upto him and said, "Uh...Cele? It looks like A-R-A-G-O-R-N's order has yet to be completed. If it's alright with you I would like to make his scabbard."
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 03:48

Cele smiled to Argo when he came over to him with the sword, then after have seen what Argo had done, Cele nodded at his head to make sure that he understood that once again he had done a good job. Looking around someone else came over to him, Nen. With a smile around his lips he started to speak with her. «Nen, of course you can take Aragon's order, but he have now changed name, and just call him Anteru. I will fix it in the order thread.»

Haladin ( 672 Points ) Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 09:13
Gerin's Spear

A spear, yay. No hard work like a sword only a small thing need doing. He loved spears they made his life so much easier. Well obviously for a spear you need to have a sharp tip and sides. So he set of to work on that.

Taking the weapon he moved over to his specia wheel used for spears and knives. It was made for a short blade or shaft. Thus perfect for the task ahead of him. Taking a firm grip on the spear he gently put the spear in the right angle and put his foot on the mechanicsm that turned the wheel. 

Instantly sparks flew he was protected by a harm metal breastplates so he with stood any and all injury. He did this to all parts of the weapon. To give it real dangerfactor. He liked his end result after closely examining and inspecting the weapon. He smiled very contently at his good job he had done sharpening. But now on to polishing.

Laying down the spear on a table he put on soft gloves to not screw up the shine the spear would recieve. He applied a special type of oil, and then sand to the shaft. He then put on another type of oil used for the wood and applied it with a rag. And then sand and finally on both pieces of the spear. Water to make sure he would have a shine to last for the ages. Smiling he finished the spear. And set it down on Eragon's desk. 

Gerin's Spear is Done, I repeat Gerin's spear is done.

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 15:27

Cele walked around a little looking at the workers, before he stopped when came to Eragon, where he was standing. «So, Eragon, are you happy about the work? We are very soon finished with every order we had. This at least makes me happy to see that we are soon finished.»

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Friday, June 18, 2004 at 00:57
Anteru's(Aragorn';s) scabbard

“Thankyou, Cele. I';ll get started on it immediately.” Thus saying Nen went over to her work area to see that she had all that she needed. She glanced through the list once more to see exactly what it was that Anteru wanted done with his scabbard. “Hmm…sapphires…” Nen muttered to herself. “I';ll need to go out and get some. Not to mention a whole lot of leather and more plywood…” Slipping the list into her desk Nen quickly headed out the talan to get all the things she needed. 

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Friday, June 18, 2004 at 10:35

Nen returned with a small leather pouch attached to her belt,  a few sheets of leather rolled under her left arm, and some plywood held in her right hand. Walking upto her desk she dumped her things on top of it. Then she looked around to see if Anteru';s sword was completed, and spotted it in the shelves near the smiths. She took the sword to her work area and immediately set to work.

She took a large sheet of plywood and placed the blade on top of it. The blade was about four-and-a-half feet long. Nen traced the blade leaving about an inch of space between the blades edge and the outline. Then she made an outline along its edge. She repeated this procedure three times. Then she sawed the three pieces along the outer outline. Taking one of these pieces she cut the inner outline as well. Into this hollow pieces she then fixed the other two pieces with some really strong glue.

As Nen left this to dry she went to work on the leather. Again she placed the sword on the leather and cut of all the excess material. Once this was done she took the almost dry skeleton of the scabbard and glued the leather all around it. Then Nen reached out for the pouch she at her belt, unhooked it, and tilted its contents onto the table. Out spilt sparkling blue stones that shone like stars. The sapphires, for that was what the gems were, were of different sizes, yet all were diamond shaped. Picking the largest stone, which was roughly about an inch big, she placed it lightly atop the leather scabbard. After this she took four more which gradually decreased in size as it reached the tip. Nodding in satisfaction she tipped the scabbard so the sapphires fell back onto the table.

Then she picked up the extra leather and cut a long narrow strip fro it. This strip she fixed as an inner lining along the mouth of the scabbard to make the sliding in of the sword easy, and to clean it as well. Once this was done she took a sharp tool, and measuring the size of the jewels she was about to fix, Nen made grooves in the leather scabbard. Then she took the sapphires and placed them snuggly in the grooves with some glue.

Her work completed, Nen kept the scabbard aside to dry completely. She kept the blade back from where she took it, and then walked upto Cele, Cele, Anteru';s scabbard is finished. I';ve kept it in the corner to dry. I';ve noticed in the list that the daggers that Nay and Bloodgodavatar have ordered need their scabbards to be done. I';d be glad to make them. Only problem is the designs need to be done, and I';ll need the daggers as well in order to make the scabbards.”

Anteru';s scabbard is ready     

Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Friday, June 18, 2004 at 10:56
Himli approached Celebglīn and tapped his shoulder. «Celebglīn, I understand that we want all projects to be finished, but it seems as though there are no more projects that need a designer. Is that correct?» he said. He took a short pause, and then started again. «If there is nothing left for  the designers, do you have any suggestions on what we could do? Does the place need cleaning?» He waited for Celebglīn's answer.
   Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Friday, June 18, 2004 at 12:13
As Nen was asking Cele about a couple of orders Himli came up, "Himli, I'm going to do the scabbards for Nay's and Bloodgodavatar's orders. But as far as I can see the designs for these orders have not been done. Would it be too much trouble if I asked you to design them for me so that I can get started on them as quickly as possible?" Nen waited a little anxiously for Himli's reply.
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Friday, June 18, 2004 at 12:22

Cele smiled to Nen as she came over him. «Again a grea job by you Nen, I am happy to see that you are working so hard.» When Him came over to them, Cele smiled to him as well. «Nen, I think that you are looking at the wrong order post, scroll down to the next one, which is longer down. You will then see Nen and Him, that there is no more design jobs, of course you Him have pointed out this already. For jobs to you, you could just clean a little around.»

Firien Vorondil ( 2189 Points ) Friday, June 18, 2004 at 12:30
Bloodgodavatar's bow design

A little birdy flutters through the doors of the Forge and lands upon Firien's shoulder with a note tied to his leg. Firien turns his head and gives the bird a strange look, as if to say
,"What are you doing landing on my shoulder?" He laughs and takes the note from the birds leg after which the bird flies off out the door. He reads the note, which tells him that he is to design Bloodgodavatar's bow. "Ah." Firien says aloud," How wonderful. I will get on this right away." He stands up and walks over to his desk where he seats himself and takes quill in hand. Pulling out a piece of parchment he begins to sketch the bow.

Noting that it is to be made of Lorien oak, he writes that atop the design so Ecaps knows that is what is to be used. the form of the extremely long bow is a simple stave with a grip of leather in the center and a small shelf for a nocked arrow to sit upon. Down the top and bottom limbs he draws out the runes which are to say, 'Avatar, god of blood.'
  and around them weaves a silver and gold leaf pattern. With the design finished he looks around for Ecaps. When he spots him, Fir walks over and hands him the design saying,"There you are my brother. Happy carving!" With that he nods and walks back over to his desk and takes a seat.

Bloodgodavatar's bow is off to the Bowyer!

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Friday, June 18, 2004 at 12:41
"Oops! Sorry Himli and Cele. I was looking at the wrong list. Then I take it that Nay's and Bloodgodavatar's scabbards are done?" Nen was a little embarrassed by her mistake, but she wanted to make certain.
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Friday, June 18, 2004 at 13:07

Cele smiled to Nen after she appologised for her mistake. «There is no need to be sorry Nen, we all do a few mistakes once and a while. Shall we see here.» Cele picked up the order list and studied it. «Nay's order have not yet had a scabbard job, but there is other things who have to be done first. But Caliith's order needs a scabbard! Check the orders HERE(<--link), and remember, my second post.»

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Friday, June 18, 2004 at 13:18
Nen nodded and smiled as she took a look at the list Cele showed her, "Very well then, Cele. I will take up Caliith's order, and I should have it ready in a couple of days. If by then Nay's has not been finished I shall take that up as well."
   Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Saturday, June 19, 2004 at 05:06
 Caliith';s Scabbard

Nen walked upto the shelf where all the completed blades were kept, and looked for Caliith';s order. Finding the blade Nen took it to her work desk and set it down. Glancing once more through the list she realised that Caliith had wanted his scabbard done in mahogany and leather. She had the leather, but she needed to get the mahogany. With a sigh, she left everything back on her table and headed out the door for the umpteenth time to get something specific for a customer';s scabbard.  

Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Saturday, June 19, 2004 at 06:07
Himli nodded at Celebglīn and agreed, for he was quite sure that the Armoury was  out of design jobs. But that was no problem to Himli, so he just found a wipe and did one of the things he was very good at: Cleaning. He started with his own desk, and wiped away most of the dust that covered the desk, the papers, the folders and the pencils. Then he found himself a broom and cleaned the not-very-clean floor. It took him half an hour as men reckon time, because he did some more cleaning around his desk like throwing away old papers, useless pencils and failed designs. Then he sat back and relaxed a bit.
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Saturday, June 19, 2004 at 06:54

While looking around he saw that Him was walking around cleaning a little in the Armoury. Cele decided to walk over to him and see how thing was going with him, and how he felt about the aroumy at the moment. «Him, mellon nķn. You are doing a great job cleaning this place.» Cele said and sat down next to him. «How you think the Armoury have been since it started?»

Himlithion ( 3461 Points ) Monday, June 21, 2004 at 11:26
Himli looked at Celebglīn and smiled. He wiped away a sweatdrop from his forehead and nodded. «Thank you, I am always glad to clean,» he said. «How the Armoury has been? Well, it has been good, even though there have been jobless periods. But I have had a great time here this far!» He smiled and looked at the sundial on his desk. He had it there in case he needed to know what the time was. «I have to leave now, Celebglīn. Laebeth and I go to Lindon together, so I must meet her in Imladris. Make sure you get someone to substitute me as head of the Designers here,» he said. He made sure that he had forgotten nothing, walked against the ladder which led down from the talan and turned to Celebglīn. «Namįriė,» he said.
   Nurbor ( 2188 Points ) Monday, June 21, 2004 at 12:01
   Sentinel of Lothlorien       View Nurbor's profileProfile Quote Nurbor's postQuote
Nurbor wondered how much longer it would be before he and his smiths got to start working again and he saw Cele talking with Himli, so he walked over to the two.  But before he reached them, Himli was turning to go on his jouney, and Nurbor waved good bye.  "Cele do you have any idea how much longer it shall be before we begin to open the doors once more?  I'm sure i speak for all the smiths when i say that i'm beginning to go stir crazy." he said with a smile,"Oh and i heard you became a Minstrel the other day, congratulations." he said offering a handshake.
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Monday, June 21, 2004 at 14:21

«Have a good journey Him! Say hi to Lae from me.» Cele waved to Him, then turned to Nurbor. «I am not sure Nurbor how long it'll take, hopefully not much longer. If you could please check the order thread(<--link) Nurbor, I think maybe you have an order to do. The second post is the current. If I am wrong, then sorry. And thank you for congratulating me on my promotion!»

Mortathraion ( 1023 Points ) Monday, June 21, 2004 at 17:05
  As Himli leaves for his summer journey, Mort goes over to speak to Cele." Suilaid Cele. I would like to apologize for my recent abscence, I have been slightly distracted with some other matters, but I am back now. Looking over the order thread, I noticed that there are no projects which currently require designers. I was just wondering if there was any project I may be unaware of which requires my skills. Oh, also, I am still willing to cover for Himli as Head Designer while he is gone, if that is acceptable."
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Tuesday, June 22, 2004 at 04:33

Cele smiled to Mort as he came over to him. «At this moment there is no job that have to be done for the designers, and I am not sure what I could use you for at the moment. Just take a little break maybe. And if you feel capable of beind head of the designers during Him's absence, then the job is yours.»

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Thursday, June 24, 2004 at 11:01
 Caliith';s scabbard

Back in the talan Nen took some mahogany and proceeded to do the same thing she had done with the previous scabbards. She traced the outline of Caliith';s blade three times, sawed the pieces and then fixed them together with glue. Then out of a small pouch Nen took out some berries and leaves and crushed them. Then she rubbed these over the surface of the scabbard to polish the mahogany till it shone.

Leaving the scabbard to dry Nen then cut out some leather to make the inner lining of the mouth of the blade. Then she cut a long, slightly broader piece to fix around the outside. This done she picked up the scabbard and glued the pieces of leather to the rest of the scabbard.

Next, the elf picked up a sharp tool and then gazed thoughtfully at the nearly finished scabbard. All it needed was some carvings on its beautiful, deep smoothness. Her forehead creased slightly as she put the point of her instrument to the head of the scabbard from where the wood showed, and then made a long curvy line right to the tip of the scabbard. From there on the design came smoothly to her as more intricate branches streamed form the main branch in delicate curves. After the braches appeared slender, pointed leaves that were so tiny that they looked like a light sprinkling of clustered leaves.

Once this was done Nen looked at it with narrowed eyes. Nodding in satisfaction at her handiwork she then picked up some more of the crushed berries and leaves and rubbed them on the scabbard to polish and smoothen out the carving.

After it was ready Nen slipped the sword into the scabbard smoothly, and then went up to Cele, who was there, and handed it over to him, “Caliith';s order is complete, Cele. Sorry I took so long with this one, but I had a little trouble getting the mahogany. Would you like me to finish Nay';s order as well?”. 

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Thursday, June 24, 2004 at 11:40

Cele smiled to Nen as she came up to him. «If you have time Nen, it would be great if you did Nay's order as well. You have done a most incredible job here the last time, and it does not go unnoticed. I am very proud of having you here in the Forges, and you are one of those who really is good to have here. Thank you!»

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Thursday, June 24, 2004 at 12:01

A flush of pleasure came to Nen's cheeks as Cele commended her on her work. "No. Thank you. It is a pleasure to work here, Cele and I'm glad you're pleased with my work. As for Nay's order, I do have some time. I'll have it ready soon."

((ooc Cele: I was just wondering if a new thread could be started. It takes ages for this page to download.))

Nenedhel ( 481 Points ) Friday, June 25, 2004 at 00:14
 Nay';s scabbards

Nen went back to her desk to start on Nay';s order. She placed the knives she had taken from the shelf to make the scabbards on the table. Then she got ready her forge to start melting and heating some silver and mithril. Meanwhile she got out some plywood and traced the outline of the blades. This time she made six such pieces before she cut them, and glued them together like she had done the previous scabbards.

Once the skeleton of the scabbards were ready Nen went to check and see if the silver was heated enough. Satisfied she took the sheaths and dipped them one after the other into the sparkling liquid. She immediately began to cool the metal, leaving it for a few moments to settle into the shape of the sheaths. After the silver was a little hardened, but not much, Nen took a pointed tool made of iron and carefully made grooves in the metal in long, curvy designs that were absolutely intricate and delicate as they intertwined into one another, right from the mouth of the scabbard to the tip.  This process took a great deal of time and concentration, and even more so on the second one since the design had to be identical to the first sheath.

Sweat glistened on Nen';s forehead as she carefully and painstakingly made the grooves. Once it was over she sighed in relief and satisfaction as she wiped the sweat away with her arm. Next, she took out the rest of the sapphires she had bought and glued them in strategic places all over the sheaths where she had made deeper and wider grooves in the silver metal. She then picked up an iron cup with a narrow lip, and dipped it into the mithril. This milthril she poured carefully into the groves, and they flowed into the intricate pattern she had carved. Once this was done Nen kept the two sheaths in the corner to dry.

Then she cleared up all her things, put the forge off, and tidied her work area. Then she went upto Cele with a smile, “Ay, Cele. Nay';s order is also complete. I';ve left the sheaths there over in the corner to dry. If there is anything else needed to be done I';ll come in tomorrow and finish it. I';m rather exhausted at the moment.”

Nay';s order is complete

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Saturday, June 26, 2004 at 04:10

Cele smiled once again to Nen. She had done such a wonderful job, slowly he walked over to her where she was working. «Nen, again you have done it! Great work once more. Thank you for everything. Now about the thread. I don't think that Eragon would like if I opened a new one. And also, we try to finish everything in this thread.»

Nurbor ( 2188 Points ) Saturday, June 26, 2004 at 09:56

Nurbor looked around, and realized he had forgotten an order.  Facepalming himself, he walked over to the table and yanked the order out from under the pin.  He looked down and read the order as he walked back to the forge:

Nayeldraccon ordered:
Weapon type:
Daggers (2x)
Approx. Size of Blade:
11 inches
Approx. Size of Hilt: 7 inches. (big dogs, I know)
Preferred Materials for Blade/Hilt: Mithril/Ebony
Preferred Material for Scabbard(optional): Silver, and Mithril combined, bejeweled with sapphires
Specific Details(optional): These are to be very special.  These need to be matching daggers.  I want the handles to be carved so that they are spiraled, with a silver wire inlay.  The blades need to be engraved with the names of Aduchil and Laire, in Tengwar.  Now.  Here’s the tricky part.  Make them so they will fit together and be as if they are one dagger.

'Now that may be interesting.' He thought as he walked back.  First things first, to smelt the metals.  He threw the mithril into the smelter, and waited as it melted, working on the handles of the daggers.  THe handles carced out nicely, and sat waiting for te daggers to come out and be shaped.

Nurbor finally pulled them from the flames, and hammered the metals into shape, and cooled them, then reheated and put the names into the blades, and cooled them.  Now to fit the blades into the hilt and then be sure they could be as one blade.  The handles had been designed to be almost like half of the handle, and the blades rested towards the inside of each handle, so that when combined, they would move and slice as one blade.

Looking over his work, he made sure the blades matched the design specifications, and all seemed right, so he took it and laid it down at the scabbard maker's table with the instructions sheet.

NAY'S ORDER:  GONE TO THE SCABBARD MAKERS

ecaps ( 2310 Points ) Saturday, June 26, 2004 at 14:28

Bloodgodavatar's bow

Ecaps looked up from where he was sitting doing a couple of sketches when Firien comes across to him.  Seeing Fir hand him a design for a bow, Ecaps smiles at his brother and says, "Fir thankyou.  I was beginning to sit around here being bored.  This is just what the doctor ordered I think." Ecaps continues as he gestures with the design in his hand.  Turning his focus to look at the design, Ecaps smiles to see what it entails before tacking it  to the space above his work bench where he puts the designs for the project he is currently working on.  Noting that the bow is to made of Lorien oak, Ecaps heads across to the wood store and selects a piece of the requisite length.  Finding the wood that will suit best, Ecaps returns once more to his workbench and begins the process of shaping the bow.  In order to do this, Ecaps planes the wood down and places it in a series of clamps once the requisite thickness has been obtained.  Once the wood is clamped in place, Ecaps knows that there is little he can do until the shape has been obtained by the wood.  Leaving the bow in place for a couple of hours, Ecaps decides to take a stroll in the area around the armoury.

Bloodgodavatar's bow is commenced!

Eragón Tūmarion ( 902 Points ) Saturday, June 26, 2004 at 18:30
Workers of the Armory, for the entire life of this guild you've known me as the keeper of this place and your overseer. Well today that changes. Celebglin shall now be in charge of the Armory and may do with it what he sees fit. If you don't obey his every whim, I shall punish you!
   Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 06:25
IMPORTANT!! -- Everyone have to go to the OOC thread as soon as possible. It is a new OOC thread which you can locate HERE(<--link). Since Eragon is no longer in the Aromury, I am the new head. Thank you!
   Aduchil ( 5008 Points ) Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 08:32

Aduchil nodded to Eragon. "If your path leads you away, then so be it. Take care until we meet again." He thought about staying a while longer, but wanted to let the others speak as well, and he had a job to do. So he walked down into his forge again.
Caliith's knife, polishing and sharpening:
Aduchil stepped down from the stairs and into his workshop. At his desk lay the blade for the knife that was his next assignment. His gaze examined it for a while, before he took the tools needed. Carefully he picked up the short blade and began sharpening it. Again and again he stroked it, cautiously running a finger along its edge to test its sharpness.

When at last he was satisfied he put away his tools, and picked up some rags instead. He pushed the piece of cloth into the barrel of water before starting to clean the blade. It took a few more trips to the barrel before the light of the torch was reflected as it should be and Aduchil was content. Putting away the used rag and picking up another, he took a small vial of oil and poured it unto the cloth. Then he carefully ran the cloth over the blade, until a thin layer of oil was on it. Now it would be protected from the decay that otherwise might hit it. Caliith's dagger was done.

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 09:14

Nay's order

Cele looked at the two daggers that almos were done. The only thing that was needed was a little polishing and sharpening. Time had past since he did this sort of job now. After he was appointed co-head and now head, more time went to the Armoury business itself, instead of doing this sort of work. It felt good though to do some, at least now that the Armoury needed all help it could get to finish everything. He decided to do as he always did, start with the grinding wheel. The sparks stood once again, but it felt good. Starting with the first dagger on the first grinding wheel, he took the second dagger at the first grinding wheel, the one which was rougher than the other. After a while he felt done with both, and moved to the other grinding wheel, before he started with the file.

This was the part of the job he felt was most important. Carefully he started with the file, and used it on both daggers. It was important to do it from many different angels, to get both daggers as sharp as ever possible. From the use of the file, he moved over to barrel filled with sand. Moving the daggers up and down, he tried to get them even sharper and to make metal look brigther. The last part of the polisher/sharpener job, was to use a little towel with some acid on. With that he started to polish both blades, and he could soon see the reflections of the light very well in the blade. After sometime of doing this Cele felt happy and he laid the daggers carefully at the table, studying them for a while, before putting them into their scabbard.

Nay's order DONE

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 12:31

Cele looked around after have done the order. It was about time to get finished for real now he felt, so he got up, and looked out over the crowd of Elves. «With Ecaps started with his bow, we only have one more order to do. I have talked to Firien, and he will do this. Aduchil helped me with some polishing and sharpening job, so now everything is very soon done. Some have done jobs they usually not will do, because they have done things in a part of the armoury they usually shall not be working at. The reason why they have now, is to get finished!»

Firien Vorondil ( 2189 Points ) Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 13:14

Firien smiles at Ecaps and nods saying," Not a problem my brother. In fact it was quite fun to actually be involved with the design of a bow as opposed to its actual construction. I hope you have fun with it as well. I know you'll do a fantastic job." He watches as Ecaps heads off to begin his work. Just then he is approached by Cele, who tells him of a scabbard job that needs doing. Firien gladly accepts the challenge and nods to Cele, then walks back into the scabbard area to commence his work.

Asteris Elaina's scabbards

As per Cele's request, Firien enters the scabbard makers area anxious to get to work. He walks over to a desk and sees that the forger of the twin blades has left them as well as a note of instruction for the design of the scabbards. Picking these things up he smiles and walks over to an open work area. The first thing he does is get the wooden shell of the scabbard ready. Tracing the outer edges of the blades on two planks twice each for each side, and the small sliver of wood that will connect them he saws the wood down and carefully places felt strips on the insides of the wood pieces then glues them together and sits them aside for now. Next he begins to melt dwn some silver and just a bit of gold as well. When he sees that the metals are melted sufficiently he goes to check the wooden shells to see if they are dry. He takes special care at this point to steam the wood shell, so that they can be curved ever so slightly to fit the blades. Finishing this, and happy that they are ready to be dipped he picks each of them up and carries them over to the vat. In an alternating motion he dips and removes, then cools them in water allowing them to harden. Seeing that there is no specification as to any detailing to be done on the scabbards he allows them to harden fully. His final task is to attach a cap on the very tip of each of the scabbards, and a silver rim on the top on which the blade's hilts will rest. Taking out the molds for these he carefully dips a cup into the gold, then pours it into the molds. He follows these quickly with some water to cool them down and then repeats this process as there are two of each to be made. When all of them are done he carefully tacks and hammers them onto the scabbards. He holds them up and looks at the finished product, quite proud of his first attempt at scabbard making.        

Asteris Elaina's scabbards are DONE!!!

ecaps ( 2310 Points ) Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 14:03

Bloodgodavatar's bow

Returning to his work area, Ecaps sees that the bow staff has taken shape nicely while in the clamps, with the desired curve to it.  Removing the bow from the clamps, Ecaps takes a squiz at the design once more to see what special details are required for it.  Noting that only a small shelf for the arrow to rest on and the text at either end of the bow, Ecaps smiles as he firstly finds a piece of wood to suit the shelf.  Finding a small piece of the lorien oak lying around, Ecaps smooths it off with some sandpaper and attaches it to where the arrow would sit on the bow using a strong glue that he has.  With that done, Ecaps then selects some leather to wrap around the bow for use as the grip.  Winding it tightly around, Ecaps glues it in place.  Once that is done, Ecaps then gets a tin of gold paint and paints the required texts.  Avatar, god of blood.  Surrounding these words, Ecaps uses both the gold and a silver paint and paints leaves around the writing.  While waiting for the paint to dry, Ecaps fixes the bowstring to the bow and places another one nearby for use as a spare.  When the paint and glue are both dry, Ecaps then lacquers the entire bow with a clear resin to give it a final lustre and to protect the wood.  Standing back to look at the bow while it dries, Ecaps smiles at the work he has done and knows that Avatar will be pleased with it. 

Bloodgodavatar's bow Completed!!

Having finished the bow, Ecaps sees that all outstanding bow orders have been completed so clears the board for the the department.

Celebglīn ( 5163 Points ) Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 14:19

Everyone!!! -- You have all done most outstanding job here in the Forges. Now this place will close down for a while, how long I still don't know. The OOC thread will now be for everyone to come with ideas how to change things if you feel it is needed. So this will be our planning place. Here it is:

http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/houseview2.asp?house=285&topic=5995

THREAD CLOSED

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login

If you are not already registered you must first Register to use the forum