Q: What is StarCraft: Ghost?
A: StarCraft: Ghost is a tactical-action console game set in the StarCraft® universe.
Q: How will StarCraft: Ghost be different from other tactical-action console games?
A: StarCraft: Ghost will be different from other tactical-action games in many ways. Taking on the role of Nova, the game's elite Ghost operative hero, players will be able to:
Utilize a Wide Range of Elite Ghost Abilities
- Outmaneuver your enemies at sonic speed
- Infiltrate bases and sneak past guards using the cloak ability
- Lock down vehicles and electronic devices to immobilize them
- Engage in both face-to-face firefights and planet-scale warfare
Leverage the Resources of an Entire Army
- Call down massive Battlecruiser and Siege Tank strikes
- Take control of familiar StarCraft vehicles
- Wield a variety of familiar weapons, such as the Gauss Rifle and combat pistol
- Join your allies in battle and do your part to ensure mission success
Experience the World of StarCraft in 3D
- See the world of StarCraft on a personal level
- Visit the familiar planetary settings of Mar Sara and Aiur
- Explore 3D environments designed for strategic interaction
- As Nova, players will be able to scale fences, hang from wires, climb poles and scale walls, and negotiate tightropes
Unveil the Next Chapter in the StarCraft Saga
- Experience story-driven missions complete with multiple plot twists
- Play a crucial role in the rich StarCraft history
- Engage in combat with a variety of fully rendered units from the StarCraft universe, including the Terran, Zerg, and Protoss
Q: Is this StarCraft II?
Q: Will there be a StarCraft II? When?
A: Although we have not made any announcements and do not have a development or release timeline, we do fully intend to revisit the world of StarCraft on PC at some point in the future.
Q: Why is Blizzard Entertainment® entering the console arena?
A: We began our early development efforts in console gaming, and we have always been excited about returning to this arena. Additionally, we've wanted to revisit the StarCraft universe for some time. With StarCraft: Ghost, we are able to do both. Also, due to the game's control interface and tactical-action nature, developing this title for the next-generation console systems makes the most sense. In addition to expanding StarCraft's rich storyline, the game gives players a chance to experience the sci-fi universe from an all-new perspective.
Q: Does Blizzard plan to develop any other console games?
A: While we have not made any announcements, we are considering future console development plans.
Q: What is the relationship between Blizzard and Nihilistic Software, Inc.™?
A: Nihilistic has completed its contribution on StarCraft: Ghost. We appreciate the work they’ve done, and we look forward to expanding and evolving the strong foundation that they helped us establish for the game.
Q: What is the current release date for StarCraft: Ghost?
A: We have not yet announced an updated release window for the game.
Q: What rating do you expect for StarCraft: Ghost?
A: We expect StarCraft: Ghost to receive a Teen rating from the ESRB.
Q: On what platforms will StarCraft: Ghost be available?
A: StarCraft: Ghost will be available on the Xbox™, GameCube™ and Playstation® 2.
Q: Will there be a PC and Mac version?
A: No. StarCraft: Ghost is only being developed for console systems.
Q: How many copies of StarCraft have been sold?
A: To date, the StarCraft franchise has shipped over 7 million copies.