posted by Ko_in_DKGENERAL -- I am moving in 2 days, and will not have an internet connection for at least 5 or 6 days after that. So do NOT expect to see me on, or to have the ladder updated, for at least a week.
Monday - August 30, 2004
LADDER SINKERS -- Monkey & skult having a bad run, with -15 and -13 respectively. Choppyman continues his downward spiral with -12 points (putting his ladder score at 14!!)
LADDER FLOATERS -- WaterWarrior leaps up with an amazing + 29 this update. Good Job! The next three big gainers are DCom_Daddy_O, Anarchy_X_ (formerly Mr_X_) and DWARF_Gladiator, with +16, +15, and +14
CLAN AVERAGES -- DCom continues their meteoric rise, with an average of 174.25, almost 7 full points ahead of HiC, which has 167.28. NW is still in a bad patch -- their current average is 146.75
NAME CHANGES -- I am quite happy to change both ladder names and site login names, but I ask that you first do the following: Think about it. Then think about it some more. Then reconsider. Go have a beer and enjoy the name you gave yourself the first time. If you STILL want to change your name, consider why. Perhaps you feel inadequate and the real solution is to change your name in real life, and not in NorseWars? If you've already done that, and you STILL really want to change your name, then I'll do it for you. BUT READ THE RULES POSTED AT THE TOP OF THE "NAME CHANGE" THREAD IN THE LADDER FORUM AND FOLLOW THEM!
MORE BREAKING NEWS!!
posted by Ko_in_DKI just noticed that D_Com has just taken over first place with an average rank of 169.25 (HiC has 168 at the moment). I guess D_CoM is pretty lean & mean (despite the fact that bolton looks anything but that, belly dancing in a g-string...)
Wednesday - August 25, 2004
By the way, thanks for pointing this out Bike -- I had decided to wait a bit before calculating clan averages (to give NW_Skyline a chance to rise), but I had no idea the Dutch_Comedians were on such a tear! If I'd known, I'd have posted immediately.
P.S. Thanks also to whoever updated the list in the Clan Forum
News from the front
posted by Ko_in_DKNot much time for news, as I'm on the go* but there are two items that just can't be ignored:
Friday - August 20, 2004
1. NWarriorMaster is climbing the ranks (currently at 130) with 9 straight wins since his ladder debut. It will be interesting to see if he can keep such an impressive record when he starts playing tougher opponents. Congrats on a strong opening NWarriorMaster!
2. In another newsworthy debut, the legendary NW_Skyline (teacher to so many of today's top players) has finally resurfaced and joined the ladder. Welcome back Hoss!
*I'm out for next several days, so don't expect an update until Monday, August 23.
All the news that's fit to HiC...
posted by Ko_in_DKBREAKING NEWS:
Monday - August 16, 2004
HiC_Alawarz wins the first big 1 v 1 tournament that has actually finished! (with 3 wins in a "best of 5" finals with yours truly)
HiC_Alawarz breaks his own ladder record and vaults to an unheard of 222 points!! (with 17 points from tourney win)
Other "non-AlaWarz" news:
* HiC's Ko_in_DK has lost to NW_mike in an embarrassing one sided game of NorseWars during the tournament. "It's ok Ko, HiC might eventually improve" commented the winner.
* HiC continues to widen it's lead in clan average: 13 points and counting!
* HiC wins big 3 v 3 match with DCom (risking 33 points to gain 6)
* DCom takes over 2nd place clan average, rising to 156.8 (NW at 153...)
* HiC reveals true meaning of "HiC" (see post in HiC forum for details).
* HiC is finally accepting new members! Criteria: current ladder name must start with "H" and contain at least 6 letters.
* HiC receives recognition from U.N. as independent entity.
* HiC success surprises even Ko himself: "Wow!" says Ko.
* HiC distinguishes itself as first clan to be mentioned in 7 seperate news items in a SINGLE news.
* HiC success even more stunning considering how ladder scoring favors the weak.
* HiC plans teaching missions to underdeveloped nations to help locals improve their Norse Wars play. First stop: the Netherlands.
* HiC mentioned in 10 seperate news items, breaking it's own record, set just seconds ago!
FRIDAY THE 13TH...
posted by Ko_in_DKThe big news of the day is that HiC_AlaWarz has once again assumed "the Throne" and is the first-ever ladder member to land up with 200+ points after an update! CONGRATULATIONS ALA!
Friday - August 13, 2004
In other ladder news, the race for 2nd place clan average is heating up. NW clan average has fallen to around 153, and the Dutch Commanders are inching their way up (currently less than 3 points behind with just over 150)! Stay tuned!
Note: Yes, HiC is still in the lead with an average of 163. Need you really ask?
Miscellaneous ladder stats:
Biggest gains since last update:
HiC_Drunk with + 19
DCom_Bolty with + 17
HiC_Ala with + 12
Biggest losses since last update:
NW_LedZeppelin with - 14
CFC_MonkeyMan with - 10
HiC_Ko with - 8 (DOH!!!)
Non-ladder news: Aliens visited earth at 8:05:48 GMT today and decided (since there was no intelligent life to be found) to come back in 27459 years, 6 months, 5 days, 18 hours, 53 minutes and 14 seconds to check again. If the situation has not improved, the earth will be destroyed & recycled as part of the "Healthy interplanetary Cleanup" project (aka HiC).