Re: shirley's in south carolina

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob Edmonson on March 25, 1999 at 11:33:53:

In Reply to: shirley's in south carolina posted by william e. sprouse on March 25, 1999 at 07:58:08:

: could someone out there supply info on shirleys in south carolina. I found my gggrandfather hampton who is buried in camp chase cemetery columbus,ohio where he died feb 1865 as a pow. any info appreciated.

In follow up I would like to know more information on your GGGrandfather Hampton who is buried in Chase Cemetery Columbus, Ohio.You mentioned that he died February 1865. Do you have his date of birth, what unit he served with, or any information. Is his name Hampton Shirley or are there other parts to his name? I would think that the tombstone would have his full name, rank, unit he served with, and possibly his full death date and possibly his birth date.There were a lot of Shirleys in South Carolina and I feel sure that I might be of help to you but I need a lot more information than you gave. Most of the Shirleys in my family tree moved from South Carolina to Alabama a few years before the Civil War. Get back with me and I may be of help.

Bob Edmonson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]