Re: Elizabeth Shirley of Buckinghamshire

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rowena from NZ on April 26, 1999 at 06:25:39:

In Reply to: Elizabeth Shirley of Buckinghamshire posted by Christine Read on April 19, 1999 at 14:44:02:

Hi, I checked your message because I am trying to track down Elizabeth Sherley who could have been from Buckinghamshire but I don't think it can be the same one. My great great grandmother was Ann Sherley and her mother was Elizabeth Sherley but she was a Moore so it is probably not anywhere near the same. Ann Sherley was born in 1811 so it is a lot later. I have got stuck back at a Thomas and Ann of around 1698-1786. Anyway I just thought I would say hi. I did not know there was anything on the internet at all and in fact what made me check was the fact that on tv here last night there was a short video clip about Harold Staunton Hall which is where my line comes from I think. I got such a shock to see it that I got all the family history stuff out and here I am. Actually we are listeing to an English radio programme at the moment via the internet. Amazing stuff isn't it. I have a dream to visit Cornwall one day hopefully in the next few years. I don't really know why except that I have read most of Rosamund Pilchers books and I think that started it. Well it was nice to say hi. It would be great to hear from you. Rowena Powell.
: Hi,

: My Elizabeth Shirley of Brill, born 1713 - died 1786, married my 6 x great grandfather Cozens Read of Nether Winchendon, Bucks at Aylesbury in 1734. They went on the have eighteen children. I have discovered that Cozens Read's brother in law Jaspar Robbins married Jane Sherley who I think is Elizabeth's sister, although Jane was not born in Brill. Does anyone have any info about either Elizabeth or Jane please? Thanks.
: Christine Read
: Cornwall, UK

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]