Shirley family/ St. Clair County, Alabama

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob Edmonson on July 12, 1999 at 20:01:48:

I am seeking information on the following members of the Shirley family in St. Clair County, Alabama and Etowah County, Al. I am looking for information on Lewis Henson Shirley, son of Lewis Shirley, married Oct. 1, 1865 to Mary Jane Eldridge according to St. Clair County marriage records. The cemetery records of Shiloh Baptist Church in Steele, Al show only his Confederate military unit he served with. The last mention of him is in his father Lewis' will in 1867 which shows him as address unknown. In the same will is listed Sarah Ann Shirley, age 21, born in 1846 shown as address unknown. Does anyone know what happened to her? Any one who could furnish me information on these two Shirley family members? I am also seeking information on Harriet Shirley who married William B. Phillips October 2, 1858 as listed in the St. Clair County marriage register. The Shiloh Baptist Church in Steele, Al also lists a Lewis William Shirley, Jr. born 2/25/1858 and died 1/11/1950. Does anyone know who his father and mother were or any information concerning him? I would appreciate any help that can be made available.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]