Re: shirley bible records

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shirley McIlwain Atkin on December 29, 1999 at 08:47:47:

In Reply to: Re: shirley bible records posted by Shirley McIlwain Atkin on December 29, 1999 at 08:05:23:

:The info I have is as follows-------------A female Grant married a Shirley in Mississippi, they had a daughter Mary Elizabeth Shirley born about 1830, died October 5th, 1885 in Water Valley Mississippi.She Married William E. Douglass, born about 1830, died August 4th 1888 in Water Valley Mississippi. Fact 1-resided on Wood Street, Water Valley Miss.--Fact 2-Funeral from the residence on Wood St. August 6th, 1888. Fact 3- Plantation owner, had free slaves. They had a daughter Mary Elizabeth Douglass (my grandmother) born about 1866 and died 1958 in High Point North Carolina. Nickname was Bettie----she married John Ephraim McIlwain (my grandfather) in Vinegar Bend, Alabama, he died October 24, 1917 in Wachula Florida. Nickname was Henry------Joined Confederate army at 13---said to be orderly to Robert E Lee at Manassas Battle abd/Bull Run. Mary Elizabeth Douglass had brothers and sistedrs, Willie Douglass married Will Shaftner--Jimmy Douglas, Walter Douglas. Mary Elizabeth Shirley had 2 sisters, Erie and Maggie and 1 brother Walter---------I have photos of Mary Elizabeth Douglass and Walter Douglas-------seems they dropped the extra s on the name----If anything you have matches please let me know and we can compare notes. Its been very hard for me to trace the Shirley end of the family. Some have said that they came from Ontario.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]