Re: Shirley's in Missouri

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Connie Putnam on January 11, 19100 at 09:58:18:

In Reply to: Shirley's in Missouri posted by Shirley Johnson on October 19, 1999 at 03:45:21:

Hi Shirley. I have a James Albert Shirley who was born 1800 in Culpepper VA, son of Thomas Shirley and Molly Yates. By the 1830s he was in MO where he married W2 Martha Haden/Hayden in 1833. They lived in Fayette, Howard county MO where he ran a hotel, was a bank clerk, and involved as a trustee for slaves [whatever that means?]. His grandson also was given the name Albert [Guy Albert Shirley born in California to my ggrandfather Paul Shirley and Marietta Gift]. No direct connection that I can see except for living in Missouri and carrying on the name of Albert? connie
~~~~~~~snip
My mother's family is Shirley, and she gave me her maiden name as my given name. Her grandfather was John Albert Shirley, who married Louisa Jane Burlison on Jun 23, 1881 in Ripley County, Missouri. We don't know birthdates on John Albert or Louisa Jane, though I'd suspect John Albert was born around 1860 or maybe a little later. Looking for any information anyone can provide.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]