Re: John Shirley-SC/AL

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by shirley lyttleton on March 02, 2000 at 14:50:23:

In Reply to: John Shirley-SC/AL posted by Mitch Shirley on July 04, 1999 at 12:25:16:

My name is Shirley Lyttleton and I live in Ohio. Mary Ann Shirley who married Joel Elmore is my ggrandmother and Joel is my ggrandfather on my mother's side. Their son, Pascal Elmore was my mother's father and he married Elizabeth McKendrick in Alabama where my mother was born (my mother was born in Carbon Hill, Walker Co. Ala). Mary Ann and Joel had another son, Andrew and a daughter, Molly. Those are the only ones my mother ever mentioned and I don't know anything about them. If you have any information on Mary Ann and Joel's line I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.: I am trying to locate all of the the descendants of John Shirley (b. SC 1818-d. Pickens County, AL 1883) and his two wives. His first wife was Lydia Williams (children Juliet died as a teenager, Julius died in the Civil War, Columbus married Ophelia Victoria Howell, Thomas S. married Roanne Elmore, George married Sydney Jones, Mary Ann married Joel Elmore, Sarah Ermery "Sallie" married Warren Howell, Savannah "Babe" married Joseph Simpson Lancaster, Margarett married Will Hall. His second wife was Nancy Ann Corr (children Ada Loucressa married John Oscar Brown, Emily Ella married Elisha Thomas Hannah, John Clark married Dovie McAteer, Henrietta married Charlie W. Holman, Viola Jane married Henry Fulgham, Willie Mae presumably died young, and Arkie married Lorenzo Dow Fair called "Bud" I would like to make contact with any descendants of these people. Mitch (James M.) Shirley, 2811 Noble Fir Court, Woodbridge, VA 22192.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]