Objectives Of The Investigation And Prevention Of
Occult-Related Crime By The General Detectives
The General Detectives aims to-
- investigate occult-related crime effectively
- promote the prevention of occult-related crime,
- gather, manage, use And disseminate information on
occult-related crime in order to meet the legal obligations of
the occult-related Crime Unit, in conjunction with the South
African Police Service Crime Intelligence Component, and
- render services of a high standard to victims of
Occult-related crime means any human conduct that constitutes
any legally recognized crime, the modus operandi of which
relates to or emanates primarily from any belief or seeming
belief in the occult, witchcraft, satanism, mysticism, magic,
esotericism and the like. Included in the scope of
occult-related crime are ritual muti/medicine murders, witch
purging, witchcraft-related violence and sect-related practices
that pose a threat to the safety and security of the Republic of
South Africa and/or its inhabitants.
FUNCTIONS OF THE OCCULT-RELATED CRIME UNIT/COMPONENT/OFFICER OR
INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIALIST SKILLS
Members who have undergone specialized training or who have
specialized experience are assigned to the investigation and
prevention of occult-related crime.
The strategy that is followed regarding the investigation and
prevention of occult-related crime is to utilize the expertise
of independent specialists/professionals or specialists in the
South African Police Service. The strategy is mainly aimed at
reducing, by any legitimate method, the incidence occult-related
crime and empowering the victims of such crime. The effective
combating and prevention of occult-related crime depend on a
multi-disciplinary approach and the harnessing of the required
WARNING SIGNS OF POSSIBLE DESTRUCTIVE OCCULT-RELATED DISCOURSE
Note: This is merely a guideline and must be with other factors
including behavioral and emotional changes over time.
- Phone calls from persons requesting to speak with someone
other than your child�s name. Callers may be enquiring for your
child and using his/her satanic/demonic name.
- Child troubled and obsessed with death. He/she writes
essays and talks about death and/or the occult. What is in
the heart and mind manifests in many ways.
- Changes to the appearance of the child�s bedroom. Some
bedrooms have pentagrams or other symbols that are taped,
burned or painted on the floor under the carpet or bed or on
the back of paintings or pictures and the walls are painted
a dark colour. Candles and occult objects will be hidden
- Child�s school locker and or school case contains
satanic and ritualistic items.
- Child experiences sudden gender confusion
- Child displays cruelty towards animals
- Child views a disproportionate number of videotapes/DVDs
of horror movies/ heavy metal music
- Child is engaged in illegal drug use and/or sexual
- Child plays love fantasy games. (Fantasy games have no
rules or guidelines. They inspire creativity lacking
boundaries. The player is allowed to lose the boundary
between reality and fantasy).
- Child has an interest in computer. (History settings on
the Internet browser will probably be cancelled to wipe
evidence of visited sites. There will also be passwords on
the computer and download folders)
- Child greets with a left-hand horn signal. Wears only
silver jewellery , not gold jewellery as gold is considered a Christian
- Child is fearful of things that bring happiness to other
people like watching a beautiful sunset. He/she is openly
hateful of Christians who are happy.
- Books, videos, computer downloads dealing with rituals,
necromancy and other occult practices.
- Child is involved in or commit the mutilation and/or
torture of animals.
- Child is secretive and isolated.
- Child rejects old friends and replaces them with
- Excessive secrecy regarding new friends and activities.
- Child is alienated, argumentative or displays violent behaviour.
- Rejection of parental values.
- Loss of sense of humour.
- Change of school habits.
- Child writes backwards.
- Child carries the Book of Shadows. This is their most
important book of poetry, prose, spells, incantations,
meeting places, important dates.
- There may be another book cover over it.
- Self-mutilation/relentless cutting of self. (Cuts may be
on the breasts, chest, ankles, and arms. Pain is the
purification process to hell, and suicide the ultimate
sacrifice to Satan)
- Child has punctures from needles use to drain blood for
consumption. Look out for marks on left side of body.
- Obscene sensitiveness or paranoia concentrated toward
- Birthdays might be filled with anxiety. (Birthdays are
important days for satanists.)
- Child is curious about drugs, specifically
- Child starts to wear pale make-up and or dyes hair
- Draping hair across the left eye.
- Child listens to black metal or heavy metal with occult
lyrics, symbols or references to occult worship. Posters of
related groups are displayed in his/her room.
- Child�s fingernails are painted black. The left-hand
fingernails are longer than the right-hand fingernails. (The
left side of body represents evil, as Jesus sits at the
right-hand side of God.)
- Child displays a pre-occupation with black clothing.
- Child wears his/her left sleeve rolled up. (This can be
used in school, malls, etcetera to signify membership to a
- Child uses candles of electrical lights.
- Child uses satanic alphabet in his/her books.
- Child�s personal hygiene deteriorates.
- Child is sleepy and hazy.
- Child�s school performance deteriorates and he/she
displays increased aggression against authority figures at
back to top
IDENTIFYING A SECT-RELATED INFLUENCE
Sects pose a real threat to people all over the world as they
follow a subtle and operate in an organized and professional
manner. It might take someone in a cult years to realize what is
actually happening. As the intellect of cult members are
attacked, they are less likely to come forward and complain
about human rights abuses committed in a cult-related setting.
The loved ones of those who are seduced into a cult experience a
sense of loss and frustration. Therefore cults create victims on
many levels and trauma in many dimensions. In South Africa cults
can be placed in three main categories.
It would be irresponsible to give a �one size fits all�
checklist on the characteristics of a cult /sect. However, when
some of the following elements are present it might be
worthwhile to become alarmed:
According to international standards a cult normally has the
following five characteristics:
It uses psychological coercion to recruit and indoctrinate
It forms an elitist totalitarian society.
Its founder leader is self-appointed, dogmatic, messianic, not
accountable and charismatic.
It believes the end justifies the means in order to solicit
funds or recruit people.
Wealth does not benefit its members or society.
From the above characteristics the following programming actions
might flow freely within the cult setting:
Peer group pressure
Rejection of old values
Seeing family and friends as the enemy
Gaining a superior but flawed knowledge of the Bible or other
important book of re-election
Removal of privacy
Time sense deprivation
Sleep deprivation and fatigue
Chanting and singing
Change of diet
Replacement of relationships
back to top