Dillard Oliver Shirley, Wise County, TX

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deanna Anderson on July 23, 2000 at 22:26:02:

This is in response to the info from Gary Pinson noted on the Wise County, Texas page. My grandmother was the daughter of Dillard Oliver Shirley and Missouri Augusta Pinson. The following information was given verbally by my grandmother to me. My grandmother was Addie Devers Shirley born January 8, l890. Her father Dillard was born April 24, l853 in North or South Carolina (probably South). She gave his parents name as Richard and Delilah (I note you wrote Bedelia). According to her they died in Ft. Paine, Alabama. She said Dillard had three half sisters namned Mary, Lettie and Jane. According to her Jane never married. Lettie married a Hall, first name possibly Van. Mary named Wibb Masters. He also had two half brothers William and Enoch. They will killed in the Civil War. She said Enoch was buried in Seven Pines Battlefield in Virginia. William is Buried on Sullivan's island. They were Confederates. He had one full blood sister named Sally Shirley who married Will Stockton. They all had the same last name so I assumed they were all Dillard's children. Regarding Missouri, my grandmother did not have much information except she was born July 28, l859 presumably in Ducktown, Tennessee since she was from there. Her mother's maiden name was Nichols or Nicholson. She had no sisters and two brothers. Her brothers were John and Bud (possibly given name was Andrew). My grandmother lived until 1992. She had three brothers and three sisters. She had four children, all are living.

This was my first venture into family tree searching. As I mentioned above, this information was given to me verbally and I cannot vouch for spelling of first names or cities.

Gary also notes that Dillard Shirley is descended from John and Eliz.Barmore Shirley line, branch #2. Can anyone tell me where to look to see more information on branch #2. Being new to this, I don't know exactly what it means and I could not find branch info in the website.

T

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]