Re: computer not working

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Shirley Rosier on July 29, 2000 at 10:54:17:

In Reply to: computer not working posted by Betty Shirley on July 28, 2000 at 17:09:11:

: Dear Betty, I had been wondering what happened and glad to read your input on this page today. I'm sorry about your computer problems and hope you can get cleared up sooner than Aug. 11th. I had e-mailed you about what I thought of our trip and will put it on this page later. I know all that went are highly appreciative of all you did to make this AWESOME trip possible.
I suggest you go ahead and change servers, post message here and all will know. Mary Shirley Rosier
E-mail: Rosiermary@USA.net
: I AM HOPING OUR WEBSITE VISITORS SEE THIS MESSAGE! MY COMPUTER IS NOT WORKING! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN GET A MESSAGE TO YOU ALL!

: You know I had problems a couple of weeks before I left for England. I only got the corrections to our service a few days before I left for England. When I came home from England, July 19th, the computer service had gone out on July 14th....the last day any emails came in. I cannot answer emails and cannot see any that might have come in since July 14th. I have spent several hours on the telephone with AT&T; our internet provider. The end results is they are sending a technician and the earliest is Aug 11th. I told them this was not acceptable, but all I could get out of them was to be put on a waiting list for any cancellations before that date. So.... I have no idea just when I will be back on line. I just happened to think about posting a message on this board in hopes some of you will find it. I am sure you are wondering why I haven't answered the emails or posted as I said I would do on Mon or Tues after I got back from England. Believe me... I wanted to, but have no way of doing it.

: The trip was fantastic. WE ALL HAD A GREAT TIME! I will post the details as soon as I can... but in the mean time, just know it was a wonderful trip, the people were so good to us in England. The travelers have become close friends now... a statement I have said about each and every group that goes... and they talked the whole time unless having a little nap on the coach. It was wonderful to be in England and to see everyone again. I enjoyed the company of all those that went with us, and to those of you who went with me... you all had fun and that pleases me to no end to see your expressions as you visited all the old Shirley places and met the lovely people in England who were our hosts in the various places we went.
:
: I am going to check to see what my options might be about including another provider. I do not really want to change providers because that means another email address chanage. Let's hope they get me service very very soon!. Two weeks is just not realistic for service calls in this day and age. That is the part that makes me wonder about getting another provider. I will only make a change if I see it seems necessary.

: IF.... you really need to make contact with me and don't want to wait until we are up and running... you can publish a response to this email. I will check it everyday until my computer is back in service. This is the only way for us to communcate at the moment unless you want to call me by phone. That number is...408-255-8511. Leave a voice mail and I will return you call.

: Betty Shirley

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Shirley Ancestor Registration ] [ FAQ ]