The Web Site that was formerly known as "The Official
Alt.Fan.Dan-Quayle Home Page" and, unlike the artist formerly known
as Prince, is not now known by an unpronounceable symbol because,
unfortunately, such symbols do not come across well in HTML.
"We'll let the sunshine come in and shine on us,
because today we're happy and tomorrow we'll be even
Be Politically Involved!
Get Informed, Get Registered, and Vote for the candidates that best
reflect your principles!
Take Charge of Your Destiny: Vote!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is Dan Quayle?
- Why would anyone
take the time to assemble all this stuff?
- Is anyone else foolish enough to
collect stuff about A.F.D-Q?
- Ya know, Dan's no longer actually running in this election.
- Technically, that's not a question.
- I know, but I thought it was kind of stupid to have pages
devoted to Dan Quayle when he isn't even running.
- Whether or not he runs is beside the point. Besides, there's
- Well, yes, but....
- But what? At least these web pages have some
sort of actual content, unlike most of the others that are just a
list of bookmarks, with maybe a few pictures.
- You do have a few pictures, in case you didn't
- Hey! This is Frequently Asked Questions. If you want to talk
about Frequently Expressed Criticisms, go somewhere else.
- Maybe I'll just drop on by some
other good sites. Or, maybe I'll
write to Dan and tell him the sordid
truth about this place!
The Quayle Quotes
Dan Quayle said quite a bit of interesting and thought-provoking
stuff, for such a (relatively) short political career (thus far).
Here is a nicely formatted collection of quotes from our Once and
Possibly Future Vice President:
Pictures! We got Pictures!
Looking Very Presidential
Running for President
Helping the Free Market
The Ultimate Game for the Macintosh:
He's Doctor Spin
You might want to read about it
welcomes any comments,
except those calling him nasty names. This doesn't mean that you
can't write and call him nasty names; it's just that (like most
people) he doesn't welcome such messages. However, to help you
avoid wasting your time, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Mel Walker didn't vote for Clinton in the 1992 election.
- He is not a big fan of Al Gore or George W. Bush.
- He actually agrees with many of the sentiments expressed by
Dan Quayle (he does, however, take exception to using those
sentiments for crass political purposes, regardless of who does
- He is not planning on making a quote page for any other
politician of any nation. If Al Gore or President Clinton have
said so many stupid things, for example, then it should be easy
for you to make your own page. Why not do so? That's one of the
wonderful freedoms we have in the USA. Mel is not interested in
using his precious hard disk space for equal time for every
politician under heaven, even if XMission does give him 50 megs.
- Don't write something like "So what if a Republican does it,
Clinton does it, too!" because then Mel will just say something
like "So, you're satisfied to be only as good as Clinton?"
- Remember: blaming the mass media for reporting political foibles
is like blaming the weatherman when it rains.
- Mel is not a Democrat, or a Communist, or a Socialist, or
whatever. He is a Macintosh Bigot, but that's pretty much
So, if you write to Mel and tell him that a Socialist like him
probably voted for Clinton and uses Windows 2000, then he will realize
that you simply didn't bother to read to the bottom of the page
before writing such sentiments.
Last changed 2/16/2004 ©1995-2004 by Mel
Walker (with help from various others)