- Users should be aware of all of the hardware resources
that are available to assist them with their research.
- Users should be aware of all of the software resources
that are available to assist them with their research:
- If you are not already an NPACI user but want an allocation,
or if you are and want to apply for more resources, check
- NPACI's Scientific Computing Services Division (SciComp)
assists users in using and learning about NPACI resources.
SciComp provides services such as documentation,
applications experts in the SciComp division
help users to develop efficient HPC applications and to
utilize NPACI resources effectively.
- All users are encouraged to use secure methods to access
- The NPACI HotPage makes accessing NPACI resources easier
through active features including login capabilities and
real-time information on all compute platforms and queues
as well as important links to documentation, training and
consulting, software applications, allocations and accounts.
- The NPACI Grid Portal Toolkit (GridPort) is a collection
of technologies designed to aid in the development of science
portals on computational grids: user portals, applications
interfaces, and education portals.
Strategic Applications Collaborations (SAC)
- SAC projects pair academic researchers with expert NPACI
staff, helping researchers use NPACI resources most effectively
and developing general solutions that benefit not only the
researchers but their larger academic communities and all
- The NPACI Rocks clustering activity is a collection of
open-source software tools, software, management techniques,
monitoring infrastructure and other good things for building
commodity off-the-shelf clusters. We're working to make
"cookie-cutter" clusters that groups can easily replicate,
manage, and update.