Stanley airfield, 45o06'02"N, 63o55'16", is near the village of Stanley in Hants County, Nova Scotia. It was built by the RAF, and was operated from March 17, 1941 until January 14, 1944 as part of the Commonwealth Air Training Plan, as Elementary Flying Training School # 17. Pilots conducted their flight training in Fleet Finches and DeHaviland Tiger Moths.
Stanley airfield has 3 runways, 27-09 grass 2400 feet, 33-15 grass 1800 feet, and 02-20 pavement concrete and grass 5000 feet. The airfield is 22 nautical miles from Halifax International Airport, almost directly on the approach to YHZ's runway 15.
The N.S. Department of Lands and Forests presently leases the airfield Stanley Sport Aviation and the Bluenose Soaring Club.