Start new topic
HOWTO: Installing AWstats on 1and1
Posted: by mir on Jan 5 2004, 11:56 PM
PMEmail Poster

Guys, I wrote yet another tutorial.. geeze, I should get a life blink.gif

Anyhow, I want to thank all of you on the board, as I probably would have never figured it out without some of those ever so crucial bits of information that remain obscure. So I rolled it all together to preserve for posterity wink.gif

Tutorial: AWstats Installation guide for 1and1

Good luck & Happy hacking!

-mir
Group: Members
Member No.: 98
Quote Post

Posted: by sri on Jan 6 2004, 09:17 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Go Ravi!
Administrator
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Quote Post

--------------------

Posted: by Guest on Jan 25 2004, 10:13 PM

Nice job. I'm getting "Unknown" for OS and browser in the stats, though. It parses the logs without complaining both if I use "LogFormat = 4" as you suggested, or if I use
CODE

LogFormat = "%host %other %other %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %virtualname %refererquot %uaqot %other"

which I got from looking at the logs myself. Neither way can I make OS and browser show up though. Do they show up correctly for anybody else?
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by buzzy on Jan 26 2004, 12:20 AM
PMEmail Poster

I'm getting what look like results (see below) by using this format from the comment by Eugene at Ravi's page, and the other settings in that page:
CODE
"%host %other %logname %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %virtualname %refererquot %uaquot %other"

Windows 227 94.9 %
Macintosh 12 5 %

Browsers (Top 10)   -   Full list/Versions   -   Unknown    
 Browsers Grabber Hits Percent
MS Internet Explorer No 216 90.3 %
Safari No 12 5 %
Firebird No 5 2 %
Mozilla No 5 2 %
Netscape No 1 0.4 %
Advanced Member
Member No.: 117
Quote Post

Posted: by Guest on Jan 26 2004, 02:07 AM

Heh, I had "%uaqot" in there just like I pasted it in my post. Derrrrr....

Working fine now, thanks.
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by edburdo on Jan 26 2004, 10:19 AM

CODE
LogFormat = "%host %other %logname %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %virtualname %refererquot %uaquot %other"

That is required if you want to deal with multiple virtual domains as well.

I currently have 5 domains on my 1and1 account. Using this custom log format, I can get separate stats for each domain...
Advanced Member
Member No.: 84
Quote Post

--------------------

Posted: by gandolf8 on Jan 28 2004, 09:05 PM
PMEmail Poster

thanks everything works except for the fact that my AWstats seems to be in a different timezone (I like a few hours ahead). It says it's the 29th when it's the 28th. The result is that my awstats is looking for a logfile that isn't even created yet! (when i click update from my browser) How do i change that? I noticed that even the demo on the awstat homepage says the 28th! my counter's weird thinking it's the 29th...

Here's my counter.

Also (if someone has time) how do I add the compressed log file data from previous days/weeks to my awstats? is it possible?

Thanks in advance!
Member No.: 116
Quote Post

Posted: by Guest_gandolf8 on Jan 29 2004, 12:09 AM

okay now that the timezones are overlapping, the log file for the 29th has been created. However now when I click update it says:

No qualified records found in log (0 corrupted, 1238 dropped)
or
No qualified records found in log (0 corrupted, 45 dropped)

i would very much appreciate some help, thank you.
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by champion6 on Jan 29 2004, 08:53 PM
PMEmail Poster

I have been struggling with the "timezone" difference as long as I have been running AWStats on 1and1. I swear that the time of day for my Cron is 7 hours ahead of the time of day for my web space, and therefore, the files in /logs.

Here is what I have done to compensate for the difference
LogFile="/kunden/homepages/14/d89285867/htdocs/logs/access.log.%WY-0.%DW-31"

I use "31" because the time of day shown on my AWStat page is 7 hours ahead of my local time. So I added 7 to the 24 shown in the example in my awstats .config file.

My Cron job updates AWStats every 15 minutes and I send the output of my Cron job to a file so that I can monitor its success or failure. I still get the type of error that ganddolf8 describes for about 1 hour per 24 hours. But for some unknown reason, the pattern of errors is NOT the same from day to day. There are some days when I get 3 errors in an hour (3 consecutive updates spaced 15 minutes apart). There are other days when I get 10-14 errors(all for consecutive updates over a period of hours).

I have come to the conclusion that if you want to capture 100% of your traffic in AWStats, you should do one daily update by reading the .gz file from the previous day.
Advanced Member
Member No.: 25
Quote Post

Posted: by brianinmaine on Jan 30 2004, 12:30 AM
PMEmail Poster

Thanks all for the info so far. I have awstats working with the logformat set to buzzys post above and it does show the OS. Anyone get the reverse DNS to work? I dont know what to set there, cause I only see IP addresses. Also, if awstats don't work, why not just use another counter script?

Also, why should I set up a cron job to see these statistics? Can't I just update it when I want to see the statistics? Why update them every hour or whatever? What if I wait a week- can I update to see all the stats for the week? I cant do cron easily (firewall blocks all but 80) so is there another way to do this? I regularly use a perl script called efileman for normal tasks (awesome script!)

I hope someone can answer these questions! Thanks! - Brian
Member No.: 194
Quote Post

Posted: by Guest_gandolf8 on Jan 30 2004, 06:07 AM

thanks for helping me with the timezone thing.....i'm not sure if it works yet because the days are overlapping. I'll check tomorrow night

however I stil can't get it to work!

"No qualified records found in log (0 corrupted, 2686 dropped"
when I manually updated. So basically my counter still has never been updated.

How do you use the .gz instead...will that fix my problem?
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by edburdo on Jan 30 2004, 12:24 PM

OK. A couple of things to clear up and answer.

First, AWStats is not a counter script. Its a log parser. So it works differently from a counter.

Second, you can update your stats whenever you want. However, it will only update based off of the log file provided. So if you want to update once a week, you need to change your log file, then update. And cycle through all the log files in reverese chronological order (oldest first).

You can update from your archive file... Change your Log path from this:

LogFile="SOMEPATH" to this

LogFile="gunzip <SOMEPATH |"

Note the pipe on the end.

I have a custom perl script that I wrote that takes a command line parameter of archived log names, and processes them in that order. Its not 100% finished yet, but getting close. When it is finished, it will process yesterdays archived log automatically for you. smile.gif Then I don't have to worry about setting it to run every 15 minutes, or just after before midnight or whatever...

And remember, you have to process the logs oldest first. If you process todays log, then try to process yesterdays log, it will drop ALL the records in yesterdays log. If you want to update everything, go deleted the database file(s) for AWStats and process your logs by oldest first.
Advanced Member
Quote Post

--------------------

Posted: by brianinmaine on Jan 30 2004, 08:34 PM
PMEmail Poster

Thanks for clearing that up for me about the log parser vs. counter. I'll have to try that gunzip thing a few times to see what I'm doing and which log files I'm looking at. I've done a very little bit of Linux but this seems pretty hard for me to get for some reason. This forum IS AWESOME to have so many knowledgeable people helping newbies like me! Thanks again. - Brian
Member No.: 194
Quote Post

Posted: by Guest on Jan 30 2004, 10:57 PM

Well, that's the least one could expect I guess - if 1&1 offers something decent but are obviously unable to support it decently... others have to jump into the gap ;-).

BTW: Who of you guys is looking at his web site statistics more than once per day (not for testing purposes but regularly)?
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by sri on Feb 1 2004, 10:05 PM

I "tried" following all the above info and have only one thing to say:

This is heavy! (like in Back to the future wink.gif

http://s88567960.onlinehome.us/awstats/cgi...l?config=forums

Clicking on 'Update now' brings up

CODE
Error: Couldn't open server log file "/kunden/homepages/14/d88567942/htdocs/logs/access.log.06.1" : No such file or directory

Setup ('/homepages/14/d88567942/htdocs/awstats/cgi-bin/awstats.forums.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
See AWStats documentation in 'docs' directory for informations on how to setup awstats.

Knowing nothing about Linux and blindly trying to follow the steps isn't helping me I guess. Most of the above discussion just went above my head, have to try this again.
Administrator
Quote Post

--------------------

Posted: by edburdo on Feb 3 2004, 02:06 PM

Are you sure that the 6.1 log file exists? It worked when I just tested it...

I don't think the log file exists until there is some traffic. And I think there is a delay of a few minutes from your traffic being recorded, and the log file (that we have access to) being written.

Also, you might want to set this setting:

UseFramesWhenCGI=1

It gives you a nice frame down the side to make browsing your stats easier...
Advanced Member
Quote Post

--------------------

Posted: by sri on Feb 3 2004, 02:20 PM

Nice. It was working all the time. I've set to display the frame.
Administrator
Quote Post

--------------------

Posted: by edburdo on Feb 3 2004, 03:00 PM

I've had it give the same message just after the log rotations... Then it works fine after that...
Advanced Member
Quote Post

--------------------

Posted: by Coyote on Feb 25 2004, 04:10 PM
PMUsers Website

First of all...Thanks Ravi for the tutorial...it's helped tons.

Okay...I want to set up cron to update AWStats once a day after the log is archived. The only question is...how do I get it to update after the last days log is archived into the weekly archive? At that point the files name won't match the one given for the daily archives. Any ideas? Is this even a problem?
Member No.: 286
Quote Post

--------------------
- Coyote

Living life 32 beats at a time...

Technical Dependancy

Posted: by outbackvandy on Mar 7 2004, 01:08 AM
PMEmail Poster

I used the format:
LogFormat="%host %other %other %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %virtualname %refererquot %uaquot %other"

This will not cause error in the updating process, however, no new records are detected and added. it stays the same since i used LogFormate = 4.

I still cannot get any browser, os, keyword information... sad.gif why?
I'm pretty sure any other configuration parameter is accurate... is there something wrong with that format? I also tried:

LogFormat="%host %other %logname %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %virtualname %refererquot %uaquot %other"

still not working.
Member No.: 333
Quote Post

Posted: by edburdo on Mar 8 2004, 02:49 PM

Here is what I use:

LogFormat = "%host %other %logname %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %virtualname %refererquot %uaquot %other"

And if you have already processed the logs for a particular date, then it will not reprocess them when you change the logformat.

You would need to delete the old AWStats cache file and reprocess all the old logs to get the extra information.
Advanced Member
Quote Post

--------------------

Posted: by outbackvandy on Mar 9 2004, 02:01 AM
PMEmail Poster

where is the cache file? I saw a file under cgi-bin directory called "awstats032004.XXXX.txt", i renamed that file and try to rebuild, it didn't seem to pick any new record. I guess that's not the cache file.

how do i delete it? thanks

btw, i copied your format, all the process seems went thru smoothly, but the new record is not shown in the awstats. I triple checked the logformat, still not working....sad.gif
Quote Post

Posted: by RobBroekhuis on Mar 10 2004, 11:01 AM
PMEmail Poster

I'm getting a 403 error trying to access my log using
http://mydomain.com/awstats-5.9/cgi-bin/aw...nfig=robsplants
I think I followed the tuturial pretty closely (but instead of setting up the crontab, I just ran the thing from SSH, which seemed to do just fine).
What am I missing?

Member No.: 314
Quote Post

--------------------

Posted: by Coyote on Mar 11 2004, 09:40 AM
PMUsers Website

QUOTE (RobBroekhuis @ Mar 10 2004, 11:01 AM)
I'm getting a 403 error trying to access my log using
http://mydomain.com/awstats-5.9/cgi-bin/aw...nfig=robsplants
I think I followed the tuturial pretty closely (but instead of setting up the crontab, I just ran the thing from SSH, which seemed to do just fine).
What am I missing?

You don't have an .htaccess file in your awstats folder do you?
Quote Post

--------------------
- Coyote

Technical Dependancy

Posted: by RobBroekhuis on Mar 11 2004, 10:58 AM
PMEmail Poster

I figured it out - for some reason, the awstats directory had admissions 700. When I chmod'd to 777, all was fine.
Member No.: 314
Quote Post

--------------------

Posted: by wikkiwikki on Mar 12 2004, 08:45 PM
PMEmail Poster

I have a similar problem, except mine is looking for access.log.11.6, and the only one I have is .5
What is wrong with my setup?
Also, can someone help me figure out step by step how to install Geo::IP::PurePerl so I can use the geoip.pm plugin?
Member No.: 18
Quote Post

Posted: by Guest on Mar 13 2004, 12:16 AM

Kinda lame done you think???
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by wikkiwikki on Mar 13 2004, 02:27 AM
PMEmail Poster

Actually it's working great now. Apparently it's a few hours off from my time zone, that's all.
Member No.: 18
Quote Post

Posted: by outbackvandy on Mar 15 2004, 11:25 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (outbackvandy @ Mar 7 2004, 01:08 AM)
I used the format:
LogFormat="%host %other %other %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %virtualname %refererquot %uaquot %other"

This will not cause error in the updating process, however, no new records are detected and added. it stays the same since i used LogFormate = 4.

I still cannot get any browser, os, keyword information... sad.gif why?
I'm pretty sure any other configuration parameter is accurate... is there something wrong with that format? I also tried:

LogFormat="%host %other %logname %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %virtualname %refererquot %uaquot %other"

still not working.

I used your format, but it didn't update any new record. what could go wrong? thanks
Quote Post

Posted: by jdawg on Mar 17 2004, 11:56 PM

Followed the tutorial and got awstats running. However, when I go to Search Keyphrases or Search Keywords it tells me there've been 0 different records. I know from using a desktop log analyzer that this is way off, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Anyone have any ideas?

-jeremy
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by Coyote on Mar 18 2004, 09:38 AM
PMUsers Website

You used the correct log format?

This is the one I use & it works fine.
Quote Post

--------------------
- Coyote

Technical Dependancy

Posted: by sebastien on Mar 19 2004, 02:45 AM

If it can help someone:

The only way to have all statistics processed is by reading the archived .gz log files. Updating the stats very frequently (every 15min or so) from the "current" log file probably gives good results but it is an unecessary burden for the server (don't forget this is shared hosting!) and purists will tell you that you may miss a few records anyways.
Updating the stats once a day using yesterday's archive is probably the best solution.
I wanted to keep the awstats config file simple and I found stuff like

LogFile="blablablablabla/htdocs/logs/access.log.%WY-0.%DW-31"

as suggested in a previous comment too complicated to set up. You have to figure out what the zip file name is going to be, and how to represent it in the awstats config file. Not to mention that on sundays, daily archives of the whole week are merged into a single week archive file with a different name format so it makes things complicated. And I don't want to dig into awstats doc anyways sleep.gif .
So to keep it super simple I configured awstats to read always from a temp file:

LogFile="../stats/tmp/access.log"

and I run the script below that copies and uncompress the most recent .gz archive in my temp file and runs awstats.pl. The trick is to get the most recent file which I did by taking the first entry of the ouput of ls -r. There may be better way to do it but this will always use the most recent archive file not matter what its name is:

cd $HOME/logs;
for i in `ls -r access*.gz`;
do
cp $i $HOME/stats/tmp;
cd $HOME/stats/tmp ;
cat $i | gunzip > access.log ;
rm $i;
cd $HOME/cgi-bin;
perl awstats.pl -config=www.mysite.com -update;
break;
done

I run this script every night at 1am and it works just fine cool.gif
Member No.: 375
Quote Post

Posted: by Guest on Mar 19 2004, 06:01 AM

Hi,

you probably want to replace

ls -r

with

ls -t

(sort by modification time). Otherwhise it will mess things up at the beginning of a new year.
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by Guest on Mar 19 2004, 07:17 PM

QUOTE (sebastien @ Mar 19 2004, 02:45 AM)
If it can help someone:

The only way to have all statistics processed is by reading the archived .gz log files. Updating the stats very frequently (every 15min or so) from the "current" log file probably gives good results but it is an unecessary burden for the server (don't forget this is shared hosting!) and purists will tell you that you may miss a few records anyways.
Updating the stats once a day using yesterday's archive is probably the best solution.
I wanted to keep the awstats config file simple and I found stuff like

LogFile="blablablablabla/htdocs/logs/access.log.%WY-0.%DW-31"

as suggested in a previous comment too complicated to set up. You have to figure out what the zip file name is going to be, and how to represent it in the awstats config file. Not to mention that on sundays, daily archives of the whole week are merged into a single week archive file with a different name format so it makes things complicated. And I don't want to dig into awstats doc anyways sleep.gif .
So to keep it super simple I configured awstats to read always from a temp file:

LogFile="../stats/tmp/access.log"

and I run the script below that copies and uncompress the most recent .gz archive in my temp file and runs awstats.pl. The trick is to get the most recent file which I did by taking the first entry of the ouput of ls -r. There may be better way to do it but this will always use the most recent archive file not matter what its name is:

cd $HOME/logs;
for i in `ls -r access*.gz`;
do
cp $i $HOME/stats/tmp;
cd $HOME/stats/tmp ;
cat $i | gunzip > access.log ;
rm $i;
cd $HOME/cgi-bin;
perl awstats.pl -config=www.mysite.com -update;
break;
done

I run this script every night at 1am and it works just fine cool.gif

What scripting language did you do that in?
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by sebastien on Mar 19 2004, 08:25 PM

This is just a shell script, like a list of command you would type on a terminal...

you can make it start with

#!/bin/sh

if you want...
Quote Post

Posted: by jdawg on Mar 21 2004, 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Coyote @ Mar 18 2004, 09:38 AM)
You used the correct log format?

This is the one I use & it works fine.

Coyote, that's the same log format I'm using, still doesn't give me any search terms. Any other ideas?

-jdawg
Member No.: 374
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: by ice.tink on Apr 1 2004, 01:45 AM

I got it working using Ravi's walkthru, and doing a chmod 777. Thanks very much for the help!

The only issue is that the referrer from ebay is always listed as
CODE
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

I use my 1-1 account only for picture hosting for my ebay auctions. I have no site or pages. I just wanted to see whether my pictures were being used by any other sellers, since I am pushing my bandwidth limit.

The URLs are there in the raw log file. why doesn't it show up in awstats?
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by ICE.TINK on Apr 1 2004, 02:34 AM

Never mind the above. I'm dumb. I just needed to go through the config file and tweak the URLReferrerwithQuery parameter.
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by -Help!- on Apr 15 2004, 03:05 PM

Hi

I am getting this error

Error: SiteDomain parameter not defined in your config/domain file. You must add it for using this version of AWStats.

Setup ('/homepages/17/d88457636/htdocs/awstats/cgi-bin/awstats.model.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
See AWStats documentation in 'docs' directory for informations on how to setup awstats.

I put s88457654.onlinehome.us for sitedomain, and chmod'ed conf as you instructed. What's wrong. unsure.gif
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by JackandJohn on Apr 22 2004, 12:33 AM

First of all: Thank God for this tutorial smile.gif

Secondly, I have a solution for those that need all the stats, but don't need it that second:

Pull the stats from the previous days archive once per day.
Works perfectly for me, but I had to make a couple modifications:

awstats.conf:
CODE
LogFile = "/kunden/homepages/XX/XXXXXXXXX/htdocs/logs/access.log.%WY-0.%DW-24"

Changed to
CODE
LogFile = "gunzip </kunden/homepages/XX/XXXXXXXXX/htdocs/logs/access.log.%WY-0.%DW-48.gz |"

(to reflect previous day and the fact that it's an archive)

CODE

(As per notes through research)

Crontab:
CODE
15 3 * * * perl /kunden/homepages/XX/XXXXXXXXX/htdocs/awstats/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=config -update

Runs the task daily @ 3:15 servertime (I wanted something safely past the creation of the previous days archive, yet not during a time when it would be needed)

Hope this helps those that need it smile.gif
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by evo on Apr 22 2004, 11:43 PM

JackandJohn

in the line:
CODE
15 3 * * * perl /kunden/homepages/XX/XXXXXXXXX/htdocs/awstats/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=config -update

is the "config" in "-config=config" the name name of the awstat config file?

Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by Coyote on Apr 23 2004, 03:19 PM
PMUsers Website

QUOTE (evo @ Apr 22 2004, 11:43 PM)
JackandJohn

in the line:
CODE

is the "config" in "-config=config" the name name of the awstat config file?

Yes...so if your config file is awstats.www.conf, the parameter would be "-config=www".
Quote Post

--------------------
- Coyote

Technical Dependancy

Posted: by linuxrevolt on Apr 23 2004, 07:45 PM
PMEmail Poster

Ok now!

I've been messing with different settings quite a bit and still can't get the Keywords, Robots, Visitors Domains/Countries, OS, Browsers, ETC....

I have over 10 stuffit logfiles on my account. Which one do I set up with. Right now I've got the LogFile set to

LogFile="/kunden/homepages/XX/XXXXXXXXX/htdocs/logs/access.log.%WY-24.%DW-24"
I've tried different numbers on the DW and WY. This is the last config I tried.

My Log Format is set to

LogFormat=1
LogFormat= "%host %other %logname %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %virtualname %refererquot %uaquot %other"

It also gets no error messages with just the bottom LogFormat of LogFormat set to 4.

What can I do to get all the stats from my Logs. Its just giving me data from Today only.

Also could someone tell me what permissions to set the folder to. Its at 755 right now.

And how do you set the time???

Any help on this would be cool. Especially getting all Stats working. Otherwise its kind of a waste of server space, and bandwidth. Its been fun playing around with it though.
Member No.: 451
Quote Post

Posted: by taz_eat on Apr 28 2004, 07:40 PM
PMEmail Poster

hey to update with all logs at the same time, you can just set your logs to:

/kunden/homepages/****/htdocs/awstats/logresolvemerge.pl /kunden/homepages/****/htdocs/logs/access.* |

AND MAKE SURE TO COPY the logresolvemerge.pl from the tools directory in the zip!

That seems to work great, but it will put more load on the server. (Not my problem unless 1and1 emails me wink.gif )
You wont be able to update from the browser since it seems that 1and1 has put like blocks if you try and unzip anything over 100k in either php or perl from the net. It really annoys me since I have basic plan and I HAVE to update in ssh, because no cronjobs. BUT I might have to upgrade to the business plan in a little bit because I have came close to my bandwidth limit a couple times now.

^^ peace.
Advanced Member
Member No.: 459
Quote Post

--------------------

Posted: by Guest on Apr 28 2004, 08:10 PM

Where do I put logsresolve?? I finally got the thing to update for one day only. Today the 28. It was my virtual path that was wrong in my config file.

Now I just want to be able to get all keywords,and other little pieces of info.

Do I leave this <%WY-0.%DW-24> on the end of the logfile or do I get rid of it completely with logsresolve.

The path you put on it is confusing to me.

/kunden/homepages/****/htdocs/awstats/logresolvemerge.pl /kunden/homepages/****/htdocs/logs/access.* |
What is this last part here * |

I'm using the 3yr free plan so tech support just ignores me when I email them. and did you check out the htaccess file in logs??? I can't seem to change it.

One last question. How do you update from the shell. I do a lot of my work from there anyway. I'm not sure how to do the update though.

Thanks for your reply by the way.
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by taz_eat on Apr 28 2004, 08:37 PM
PMEmail Poster

Where do I put logsresolve??
If you followed tutorial it should be in your /awstats folder in your ftp, but it really can be anywhere as long as your log path is the same place.

Do I leave this <%WY-0.%DW-24> on the end of the logfile or do I get rid of it completely with logsresolve.
No delete it. replace with the logresolve

The path you put on it is confusing to me.

What is this last part here * |
This would be the path your stuff is in, if you need you can just use releative paths (../logresolvemerge.pl ../../logs/access.*), but you should have this if you followed the tutorial. (Note replace the **** with your own stuff, log into ssh and the default dir is the one I am talking about). The access.* means anything that starts with access. the * is a wildcard. And finally the | means the data is in a pipe.

I'm using the 3yr free plan so tech support just ignores me when I email them. and did you check out the htaccess file in logs??? I can't seem to change it.
Ya its there permanenty so you can just let anyone view it from the net... Why would you want to change the htaccess. And yes I am on the 3 year plan too and I would like to slap the tech support sometimes, I have got 1/3 responses to my questions and it wasnt a very relative answer.

One last question. How do you update from the shell. I do a lot of my work from there anyway. I'm not sure how to do the update though.
Get into ssh, log in, (follow faq.1and1.com if you need). Go to the path you have your awstats.pl in like awstats/cgi-bin/. Then type awstats.pl -config=YOUR DOMAIN (like awstats.pl -config=s92383705.onlinehome.us). So ya I think I answered as much as I can.

Thanks for your reply by the way.
Advanced Member
Member No.: 459
Quote Post

--------------------

Posted: by linuxrevolt on Apr 28 2004, 08:59 PM
PMEmail Poster

Thanks Taz~
Its about time for me to log off for a bit, but I plan to put this to work tonight or in the morning. Gotta take a break and eat something.

Thanks for all the pointers. It seems to be updating now with out resolve, but I just want to see what happens with it running. The only thing is I'm only getting the 28th and no keywords. I'm closer than I was this morning.

Peace be with you!!!
Member No.: 451
Quote Post

Posted: by pcarlow on Jun 21 2004, 09:36 AM

I've been using this in my conf file:
CODE
LogFile="gunzip </kunden/homepages/26/d96935317/htdocs/logs/access.log.%WY-0.%DW-48.gz |"

Running it at 1am every morning. On Monday morning when I go to check my stats I have an error because of the weekly archive changing the .gz file names. Anyone figure out a work around for this yet?
Unregistered
Quote Post

Posted: by jameslp on Jul 17 2004, 11:46 AM
PMEmail Poster

Is there any way to install AWstats WITHOUT SSH? I don't have SSH access with my UK Business account sad.gif
Member No.: 597
Quote Post

Posted: by sebastien on Jul 19 2004, 08:52 PM

QUOTE (jameslp @ Jul 17 2004, 11:46 AM)
Is there any way to install AWstats WITHOUT SSH? I don't have SSH access with my UK Business account sad.gif

Can you use FTP with the UK Business account?
Quote Post

Posted: by jameslp on Aug 30 2004, 03:01 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (sebastien @ Jul 19 2004, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (jameslp @ Jul 17 2004, 11:46 AM)
Is there any way to install AWstats WITHOUT SSH?  I don't have SSH access with my UK Business account  sad.gif

Can you use FTP with the UK Business account?

Hi sorry, I didn't get an email notification of your reply! Yes, I've got FTP... do you have an alternative method?
Member No.: 597
Quote Post

Posted: by Ryan on Sep 7 2004, 04:37 PM

I can't get awstats to update. Every time I try to update via the "Update Now" link at the top of the awstats.pl page, it doesn't do any updating. Could someone post their conf file for me to look at and compare w/ my conf file, or email a copy to me: thespursfan@hotmail.com? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Unregistered
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 1.0514 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]