Pack 114 FUN PAGES ACTIVITY
by Barb Stephens
Match each numbered description to the appropriate "hero":
_____ Annie Oakley
_____ Calamity Jane
_____ Daniel Boone
_____ Davey Crockett
_____ Huck Finn
_____ John Henry
_____ Johnny Appleseed
_____ Paul Bunyon
_____ Pecos Bill
- Called "Little Sure Shot" as a child, she grew up to star in Buffalo
Bill's Wild West Show.
- He's known for riding cyclones and forming what is now Death
- Some claim to have seen this folklore character who may be a man or a
- This coonskin-capped Kentucky man helped early settlers cross the
- This non-fictional mighty steel-driving man won a rock-drilling
contest against a steam drill!
- An expert hunter, horsewoman, sharpshooter and scout, this colorful
Wild West character nursed smallpox patients back to health in Deadwood,
- Longfellow wrote a poem about this legendary member of the Ojibway
- This boy and two friends floated into endless Mississippi River adventures.
- Traveling with his blue ox, Babe, he became the most famous lumberjack
of all time.
- This true historical figure who killed a bear when he was just
three, died in the Alamo.
- Hiding his identity behind a mask, this man strove to protect people
from the cruel southern California govenor.
- This Christian missionary planted orchards in the wilderness.
Last updated April 29, 1997
Visit Pack 114's Fun Pages Index
Visit Pack 114's Library