| RIMINI - 4th November 2004
Transnational Technology Transfer day
The "life cycle" of vehicles
About ten million tons of waste are produced each year in Europe from vehicles at their "end-of-life". The main environmental problem of the "end-of-life" vehicles is the "car fluff", also known as Automobile Shredder Residue (ASR): a homogeneous mixture of plastic, rubber, glass, textiles, paper, paint, oil, etc., usually disposed in landfills.
The IRC IRENE - with the support of the IRC Network's thematic groups "Automotive" and "Environment" - is organizing a Technology Transfer Day on November 4th 2004 within the ECOMONDO Rimini Fair.
- Automotive producers and related companies
- Vehicle recycle centers, dismountlers, shredder operators
- Car breakers
- Universities and research centres
- Companies, operators, individuals involved or interested in the vehicle's "end of life" sector
- Environmental friendly components/ innovative materials for recycling and recovery
- Disassembly technologies for "end-of-life" vehicles
- Technology for selection/ pre-treatment/ volume reduction of the different disassembled components (bumper, dashboard etc.)
- Technologies for the selection/pre-treatment of the "car fluff"
- Technologies for «Feedstock Recycling»
- Chemical recycling of plastic components
- Analytic Techniques for the simulation of pollutant content in gas emissions during the "car fluff" incineration with energy recovery
The one-to-one meetings will take place in the IRC IRENE stand, where a presentation of selected technologies (poster session) for industrial applications will be also shown for the whole duration of the fair.
How to participate
The participation in the event is free of charge.
You are requested to download and fill in and return via Fax (+39 051 6098084) or email the MS Word registration template, in which you describe your technology profile. An Online Registration facility is also available on this site. Closing date for registration is 30 September 2004.
The first 20 of the best and most innovative profiles will be selected for promotion through the technology showcase for all the duration of the fair.
All the profiles received will be collected in a catalogue and sent to the participants, to the IRCs of the Thematic Groups involved, as well as to companies and research institutes, interested in the vehicles' "end-of-life" sector. This catalogue will be available also on line and will be used by participants to identify interesting contacts to meet.
The flyer on the "life cycle' of vehicle's day is also available online (front sheet in Italian, filesize 1.2MB, PDF; and back sheet in English/Italian, filesize 16kB, PDF).
Event Venue and Date
Date: 4th November 2004
Address: Rimini Fiera - via Emilia 155 - Rimini - Italy
Stand # 105, Pad. D1
The TTT Day will take place inside the Ecomondo Fair in Rimini, the International Material and Energy Recovery, Treatment Exhibition.
Ecomondo is hosted at the Rimini Trade Fair Expo Centre, located at the north end of RIMINI in a total area of 460,000 square metres.
National and international flights are available from/to Bologna and Rimini airport.
Rimini Airport : tel. 0541 715711
Bologna Airport: tel. 051 6479615
Monica Misceo Tel.: +39 051 6098069 or +39 051 6098070, Email: monica.misceo@ • enea • it
IRC-IRENE Secretary Office Tel.: +39 051 6098093, Fax: +39 051 6098084, Email: ecomondo@ • enea • itbologna
Last updated: Wed, 16 Jun, 2004 12:50:00 GMT
Author: Guido Tonini tonini@ bologna • enea.it