- Lawrence W. Guzzino
- 29 Roosevelt Street
- Watsonville, California 95076
- (831) 728-0811
- Sept 2004 Working on CCNA
certification, Linux System Administration, Linux Networking and Security
- Cabrillo College, Aptos and Extensive Home Lab
- -Able to Install, Configure, Maintain, Win/Linux
Servers, Routers, Printers, Samba
- -Knowledge and use of RH Linux, various distros,
Win2K/Server/XP/9x, multi-boot configurations
- -Extensive hardware experience, building,
configuring computers. Able to install drives (sata, ide, scsi)
- -Complete system builds from scratch:
motherboards, ram, video, CDRW, DVD, OS, and application software
- -Fundamental knowledge OSI, TCPIP, bridging,
switching, routing, DSL configurations, and NAT
- -Experience Installing, Configuring Consumer
Wireless Networks and locking them down from intruders
- -Able to install Intrusion Detection Systems,
Snort, and Acid
- -Video Editing experience, ripping, burning
- -Basic HTML and simple web page design
- -Have coded utilities in C, SAS, PLI
- Aug. 1992 M.S. Degree - Mathematics
- California State University, Fresno
- GPA (3.80/4.00) Thesis written in area of
numerical computation, approximation theory, and non-linear boundary
- value problems applied to math and engineering
- Dec 1989 B.A. Degree - Applied Mathematics
- California State University, Fresno
- Relevant course work: numerical analysis,
differential equations, linear and matrix algebra, mathematical modeling, programming,
- logic, philosophy, physics, chemistry, English,
humanities. Completed actuary exam #1. Team member national math modeling
- competitions; published research paper.
- Work Experience:
- Current to Jul 94
- Scientific Programmer / Analyst
- CTB McGraw-Hill , Statistical
Analysis Dept. Monterey, CA
- Develop statistical software in SAS, C, Pascal,
and PLI by converting psychometric specifications, statistical and mathematical
- algorithms into source code. Ensure timeliness and
accuracy of statistical results and software by performing quality assurance.
- Document/maintain programs, computer job steps and
project details. Assist team with hardware/software problems.
- Platforms: MVS / JCL / TSO /
ISPF,DOS, Win9x, NT, and IBM 390 Mainframe.
- Tools: SAS (10 years exp.), Base
SAS, SAS Macro, C, PLI, Excel, MVS, Win9x, ODBC, TCP/IP, debuggers, FTP.
- Main Duties: Consult with
researchers to ensure statistical results, develop project plans, flow charts, language
- implementations, write code, support research
staff and programmers in department with hardware and software problems, create
- reports, interface with several departments to
understand user requirements, create SAS output accessible from several platforms
- and programs, maintain thorough documentation for
all programs, projects, and work flows, manage several large programming
- projects simultaneously, provide QA, and develop
utilities in various languages.
- Jul. 94 to Jan 94
- Instructor/Tech Support - Productivity Point International - Health Care
Automation Fresno, CA
- Field service included installing/configuring
hardware/software (Windows platform) and training users. Taught courses in Excel, Lotus,
- Quattro Pro, Word, WordPerfect, Windows, and DOS.
Developed macros and performed tech support duties at customer site and via telephone.
- Jan 94 to Jun 93
- Actuarial Assistant - National American Life Insurance Company
- Developed spreadsheets, macros, and reports to
analyze financial and actuarial data using Lotus. Knowledge of
- financial blue book.
- Dec 93 to Jan 87
- Math Teacher - Kings River CC and CSUF Math Department
- Math, Chem, and Physics Tutor -
CSUF Math Lab
- Additional Experience: Worked on offshore drilling rigs as a
roughneck and roustabout. Offshore supply vessels - AB Seaman,
- Oiler, Junior Engineer, Stationary Engineer -
Steam & Diesel - US and world travel. Construction worker. Door to door and
- sales. Able to improvise and teachable.
- Languages- Base SAS (10
years exp.), SAS Macro, PLI, C,
Pascal, Delphi, some VB, and spreadsheet programming.
- Operating Systems - Extensive use of
MVS/TSO/ISPF, JCL, DOS, Win9x/NT/2K/XP, pico Novell, Linux, NOS, networking
- Interests: Backpacking, climbing,
words, comedy, people's story's, rocks, running, how things work, computer graphics,