boardom Forum Index boardom
b2 message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

b2customfields 2: Better custom post field functionality
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: b2customfields 2: Better custom post field functionality Reply with quote

Or how about 'b2customfieldserer'? Or maybe even 2 b2customfields 2 furious'?That's right, it's back! Back and better than ever. At least better than 2 fast 2 furious, trust me on that one. I believe I located the problem that seems to have caused about half the people who attempted to install it to get mysql errors, and I fixed it. I also wrote in some extra functionality that I'm sure you all will appreciate. Now, not only can you make a custom field that's an input box, but you can also make a textarea, select box, or checkbox! Let me know if you have any problems installing or anything, but this time should go over smoother than last time. Thanks!

Download here
Upgrade instructions here

Last edited by Mystis on Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
bigsimon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you'll post instructions for an upgrade from an older version? I've been using it for quite some time now, but haven't a clue what I'd have to replace to get the new functionality.
Mystis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet for an upgrade is to completely uninstall the original b2customfields (just reverse all the steps of the original installation - instructions here - omit altering the database however), then run the following SQL query in place of Step 1:
Code:

ALTER TABLE `b2customfields` ADD `field_options` TEXT NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `b2customfields` ADD `field_type` TEXT NOT NULL;

Then, continue on with the installation process as normal. I wrote some very sloppy code in the first release, so it would be relatively painful to try and write proper upgrade instructions. That's one of the reasons that using this more recent version is relatively critical.
xytx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i installed the tables successfully, but they don't show up am i forgetting something? i also need a little understanding on how to add a function at the end do i use another <? ?> or i put it above the ?>
Mystis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

add the functions directly before the ?>, outside of any brackets. I'm not quite sure I understand you though with the database tables. What do you mean that they don't 'show up'?
annia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I edit your hack so that it doesn't show anything in posts with empty additional fields.. all my old posts (before I installed the hack) now got empty
Current mood:
Current site:

entries under them.. :(
Mystis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Mood: <?php getcustomfield('mood'); ?>

If your template currently looks like that, replace it with this:

Code:
<?
$mood = getcustomfield('mood');
if(!empty($mood)){
     echo "Mood: ".$mood;
}
?>

If your field is not called 'mood', then edit the code accordingly.

Last edited by Mystis on Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
xytx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried installing it and i didnt even get the custom field part on the menu bar like i got b4. i dont have the code right now cause i put my regular files back. but i added the function before the ?> and outside of the last bracket on that function, and it still wouldnt work. i'll try again tho.
Mystis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xytx wrote:
i tried installing it and i didnt even get the custom field part on the menu bar like i got b4. i dont have the code right now cause i put my regular files back. but i added the function before the ?> and outside of the last bracket on that function, and it still wouldnt work. i'll try again tho.

Then you missed the 6th step:

Quote:
| the user needs to access the section in the administrative panel: |
| between 0 and 10. I reccomend leaving it at 10, unless you have a co- |
| administrator. |
|__________________________________________________________________________|

10 b2fields.php Custom Fields

blog17

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer b2customfields Reloaded.
joni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried installing it, but when i went to the login page, i got this error:

Code:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joni/public_html/b2-include/b2functions.php:1344) in /home/joni/public_html/b2login.php on line 294

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joni/public_html/b2-include/b2functions.php:1344) in /home/joni/public_html/b2login.php on line 295

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joni/public_html/b2-include/b2functions.php:1344) in /home/joni/public_html/b2login.php on line 296

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joni/public_html/b2-include/b2functions.php:1344) in /home/joni/public_html/b2login.php on line 297

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joni/public_html/b2-include/b2functions.php:1344) in /home/joni/public_html/b2login.php on line 298

i'm pretty sure that i followed the steps correctly, so could somebody please tell me what went wrong?
Candle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: did this Reply with quote

did this turn in to vaporware ?
http://tidakada.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2734
xytx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind i got it, its a great hack mystis!
Mystis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joni wrote:
i tried installing it, but when i went to the login page, i got this error:

Code:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joni/public_html/b2-include/b2functions.php:1344) in /home/joni/public_html/b2login.php on line 294

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joni/public_html/b2-include/b2functions.php:1344) in /home/joni/public_html/b2login.php on line 295

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joni/public_html/b2-include/b2functions.php:1344) in /home/joni/public_html/b2login.php on line 296

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joni/public_html/b2-include/b2functions.php:1344) in /home/joni/public_html/b2login.php on line 297

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joni/public_html/b2-include/b2functions.php:1344) in /home/joni/public_html/b2login.php on line 298

i'm pretty sure that i followed the steps correctly, so could somebody please tell me what went wrong?

It appears that you bungled the step where you add functions to b2functions.php. If you want to package up the file and mail them my way (me@meforme.net) I'll take a look at it for you.
joni

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind. i finally found out what went wrong. thanks for offering to help, though. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    boardom Forum Index -> Hacks All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: