"To pass judgement on things which are high and mighty,
a soul of kind is required,
otherwise we only pass on the vice which is ours."
Montaigne (1533 - 1592)
A few facts... sorry, I meant stats:
Percentage of non-custodial mothers who pay child support in Canada: 1%
Percentage of custodial mothers awarded child support orders: 94%
Percentage of custodial fathers awarded child support orders: 30%
Ratio of women vs. men who gain sole custody: 7 to 1
Number of years this ratio has remained constant: 10 years
Revenue Canada; Ross Finney's report to Justice Department Canada
By Glenn Cheriton of Men's Health Network.
- Report on taxation of child support C69 to C92.
- Impact on single custodial fathers
- Impact on non-custodial fathers and their children
- Impact on custodial mothers and co-parenting
- Impact on non-custodial mothers
- Impact on second wives, step-mothers, grand-mothers
- Impact on intact families
- Tax, support, and the canadian economy
- Best Interests of the Children?
- Procedural and research problems with Justice Canada
- Family abuse issues and the issue of financial support
Get your own copy of Bill C-41 at the ministry of Justice's web site.
Amendments to C-41, as proposed by concerned groups.
- Proposal for Change
ENPES's Proposal for Change to the government of Nova Scotia.
- Amendment to custody laws:
This is a transcript of oral testimony and some subsequent discussion during the appearance of Ronald K. Henry at a hearing in Washington, D.C., in the matter of the proposed Joint Custody Act of 1995, applicable to the District of Columbia. Ron Henry practices law in Washington, where he is an activist for parental equality and other kinds of equality between the sexes. He is co-founder of the national Men's Health Network in the United States. Retrieved from Balance Magazine
- Equal Sharing of Parental Responsibility Act:
Proposal for Wisconsin's legislation by Keith Wessel. A substantial and insightful document.